• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

GaimeGuy
Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
(01-12-2017, 02:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Kusagari

Unless he's literally screwing 10 year olds on the video I don't see why Trump would care about a sex tape at all.

It would probably only make his cult love him more.

What if it was a cuckolding fantasy with Obama lookalikes? I mean this is a man who went out of his way to find a bed in a random hotel room that the Obamas had slept in once (a place they would never step foot in again) and hires a bunch of prostitutes to pee all over the bed as some sort of slight against the obamas.

It's like cartman putting his balls in butters's mouth and thinking that it's a slight against butters.
nilbog21
Banned
(01-12-2017, 02:55 PM)
This guy reminds so much of Sam Brownback. Listen to his delusional speech from yesterday to foreshadow Trump's in 4 years... Fml
-Plasma Reus-
Service guarantees member status
(01-12-2017, 02:55 PM)
New CIA director nominated by Trump is going to be questioned today.

If they confirm him, and the republicans likely will, and Trump gets inaugurated, the CIA will be silenced.
Kusagari
(01-12-2017, 03:06 PM)

Originally Posted by GaimeGuy

What if it was a cuckolding fantasy with Obama lookalikes? I mean this is a man who went out of his way to find a bed in a random hotel room that the Obamas had slept in once (a place they would never step foot in again) and hires a bunch of prostitutes to pee all over the bed as some sort of slight against the obamas.

It's like cartman putting his balls in butters's mouth and thinking that it's a slight against butters.

You actually just made me think of the one thing on video that could ruin him with his base; probably even more than screwing 8-year-olds.

Banging a black woman.
Gutek
(01-12-2017, 03:08 PM)
This was 3rd world, banana republic style propaganda. America needs to stop this man.

We're truly fucked if we don't.
FaustsBoon
(01-12-2017, 03:15 PM)

You actually just made me think of the one thing on video that could ruin him with his base; probably even more than screwing 8-year-olds.

Banging a black woman.

He would just talk about a proud Presidential tradition, while standing next to a portrait of Thomas Jefferson... and genuinely not realize anything he said was stupid.
Pastulio
(01-12-2017, 03:39 PM)
The only honest part of his speech was when he called buzzfeed garbage.
psynergylover
(01-12-2017, 03:40 PM)
I hope CNN goes full "fuck trump" mode, that's really unbecoming of a president to do shit like that
kamspy
(01-12-2017, 03:41 PM)
What I don't understand is why Obama would give Trump's DHS control over elections moving forward.
efyu_lemonardo
May I have a cookie?
(01-12-2017, 03:42 PM)
Just finished watching the press conference, and I gotta say who gives a fuck about those folders? Why are so many people focused on irrelevant crap?!

There are legitimate concerns and criticisms worth raising about this administration that are being ignored because of bullshit like this.

Don't sink to this level people. Focus on issues that are actually important.
BowieZ
Banned
(01-12-2017, 03:45 PM)

Originally Posted by -Plasma Reus-

New CIA director nominated by Trump is going to be questioned today.

If they confirm him, and the republicans likely will, and Trump gets inaugurated, the CIA will be silenced.

Maybe officially but there's no way disaffected agents won't retaliate.
Familienoberhauptvogel
(01-12-2017, 03:46 PM)

Originally Posted by efyu_lemonardo

Just finished watching the press conference, and I gotta say who gives a fuck about those folders? Why are so many people focused on irrelevant crap?!

There are legitimate concerns and criticisms worth raising about this administration that are being ignored because of bullshit like this.

You're 3000 posts in all that has been covered for now.
efyu_lemonardo
May I have a cookie?
(01-12-2017, 03:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Familienoberhauptvogel

Obviously didn't read the entire thread so apologies if it was redundant, but I still saw it going on on the last page...
pulsemyne
(01-12-2017, 03:51 PM)
You know what I really like about all those folders he brought out? The fact that none of them had a label on them to show what they contained or were about. Then again the contents were probably blank.
efyu_lemonardo
May I have a cookie?
(01-12-2017, 03:52 PM)

Is there a good summary of the meaningful coverage/commentary?
KingV
(01-12-2017, 03:53 PM)

Originally Posted by pulsemyne

You know what I really like about all those folders he brought out? The fact that none of them had a label on them to show what they contained or were about. Then again the contents were probably blank.

It reminds me of when he brought out a bunch of steaks from some other company to "prove" that Trump Steaks still exist.

It's udder insanity.
Opticability
(01-12-2017, 03:57 PM)

Banging a black woman.

lol that's probably it. He would lose his entire voting base in an instant. This is how dems gonna win in 2020.
Part of the #1 Tricky absurdity. The fact he went through all that to get people to make a huge pile of folders with blank paper, then half-asses it where it isn't even remotely believable. He doesn't even attempt to put effort in his con, what does that say about the rest?

One part we aren't talking about is Trump in two parts. Everyone who has done business or sat with him for lengths of time has commented he cannot hold his attention after 30 minutes, we saw the same in every debate and townhall. Now they wheel him out to "talk" for 15, yank him off stage and get others to put out details. Then bring him back him in 30 minutes later to "talk" again.
Jackpot
(01-12-2017, 03:58 PM)

Because they perfectly encapsulate the emptiness and bullshit of his rhetoric.
Akuun
(01-12-2017, 04:00 PM)

Originally Posted by pulsemyne

Something about that entire stage just reeks of trying way too hard. Like 10 US flags in the background. That table full of (probably blank) papers that are never used for anything in the conference.

It's similar to the shit that North Korea does to make themselves look busy.
efyu_lemonardo
May I have a cookie?
(01-12-2017, 04:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Jackpot

Because they perfectly encapsulate the emptiness and bullshit of his rhetoric.

Bull-fucking-shit excuse. It reminds me of that saying: "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Jackpot
(01-12-2017, 05:10 PM)

Bull-fucking-shit excuse. It reminds me of that saying: "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

What are you on about?
efyu_lemonardo
May I have a cookie?
(01-12-2017, 05:55 PM)

What are you on about?

Was trying to say: attacking the Trump administration on their level is a losing battle, in my opinion. Said it way too rudely though. I apologize.
ElectricBlanketFire
Too early for flapjacks?
(01-12-2017, 11:11 PM)
Vic Berger IV ‏@VicBergerIV 3 minutes ago
Many people are saying my edit of Trump's first press conference as President-elect will be out tonight. Hearing a lot of talk about it.
darkwing
(01-12-2017, 11:16 PM)

Originally Posted by nilbog21

Why do you guys care if the pages are blank? Clearly this is for display and they serve no actual purpose...

many people believed it was real
SilentRob
(01-12-2017, 11:16 PM)

Was trying to say: attacking the Trump administration on their level is a losing battle, in my opinion. Said it way too rudely though. I apologize.

You know, you can criticize more than one thing at the same time. You can say "Hey, that and that and that part of his conference were the crazy ramblings of a madman. Also, those utter emptly folder are among the most pathetic publicity stunts I have ever seen."
RPGCrazied
(01-12-2017, 11:18 PM)

Originally Posted by darkwing

many people believed it was real

Just like those Trump steaks. Which they weren't even Trump steaks, they still had the original label on them!
sugarhigh4242
(01-12-2017, 11:27 PM)

Originally Posted by takriel

Thing is, there's no evidence to back it up, sadly.

Just common sense, the ability to read between the lines and apply logic, but that seems to be missing in so many Americans.

Theres a lot of ways to read between the lines other than what MSNBC, WaPo and NYT are reporting.
ty_hot
(01-12-2017, 11:32 PM)

It was a CNN reporter who later got threatened to not ask questions anymore. I wouldn't call it smart it's straight populism.
I'm also not sure what's funny about watching him, it hurts to listen to him and try to discern wth he's actually talking about.

Amazingly he's a populist that can't talk coherently or stay on the same thread for more than a few sentences, sentences with pretty messed up syntax.

yeah I thought it was from the buzzfeed and it was the CNN. anyway...

Its smart in the way that everything he does is what the people that voted for him like/enjoy/appreciate on him. this image of 'I can say whatever the fuck i want', some people might think its such an awesome GREAT thing lol

And the 'funny' I also meant in the way that I watch and just cant believe that it is happening, as you said he cant even talk straight, you ask one thing and he starts talking non sense and when you see he is talking about China and mexico and... EVERYBODY (he always says 'everybody' when he has no idea what he is talking about). If someone asks if his wife was cheating on him he would probably say that she was cheating him with china, mexico and.... everybody, because thats what he does all the time. any question. everybody.

but we should be more worried with his actions and not with how he speaks (even though his actions seem to be worse than his talking lol).
Ithil
(01-12-2017, 11:33 PM)

Originally Posted by GaimeGuy

Was talking about the conference over the phone with my dad (a lawyer. You don't want to see his office or bedroom. They're both stacked with folders) and he brought up the fact that he could clearly tell that the folders and papers were props and probably just out of the packaging. No wear, no markings, no labels, not even a crease to be found. All the paper seams were visibly packed together, all the folders stacked neatly, undisturbed by any natural folds which should arise from the malleability of paper.

They literally stuffed newly unboxed stacks of A4 paper into a bunch of newly unboxed folders and rollled them out to the conference. They wouldn't let the press even examine the contents. It's the only explanation.

I wish a reporter had asked in the Q&A "Could you open one of those folders for a minute?". They would have refused but I'd have laughed to see their lame excuse.
MIMIC
Why won't homeless people take my emails????????
(01-15-2017, 09:43 AM)
I didn't really read any highlights, so I was bored a few hours ago and watched the whole thing. Some of my takes:

-That intro was vomit-inducing. Basically setting the state for his war against the media.

-Can't believe he was pretty much justifying the hacks. Hate Hillary all you want, but you're the President-elect. Get over it already; you have a country to lead. Also, I'm glad a reporter questioned his relationship with Putin after he finally acknowledged that Russia was behind the hacks

-That ACA (Obamacare) answer was a disaster. "Repeal and replace." "With what?" "A replacement." Well OK then.

-I do agree that Trump doesn't necessarily have to sell his company. And I'm glad that he set up an ethics division (or whatever it was called). But turning the business over to his sons isn't enough; there simply needs to be a blind trust, regardless of the fact that he will still know of some of the business that goes on.

-His comments regarding CNN were abominable and unacceptable. Jim Acosta did not deserve to be dismissed like that.

-So the wall's back? Or rather. talk of the wall?

Ugh. 4 years of this.
ApatheticDolphin
(01-15-2017, 10:51 AM)

What a clusterfuck.

What website is this from?
Jackpot
(01-15-2017, 01:07 PM)

Originally Posted by ApatheticDolphin

What website is this from?

independent.co.uk
Aselith
(01-15-2017, 04:18 PM)

Originally Posted by nilbog21

Why do you guys care if the pages are blank? Clearly this is for display and they serve no actual purpose...

It's a beautiful metaphor for the entire Trump candidacy.