• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Pygrus
(Today, 06:08 PM)
So I finally finished all the endings. The game is incredible.

So were the Pods basically the overseers of the whole project?

Also, I didn't realize that Emil is a secret boss and now I am mad that I chose to give up my save data.
KO Traveling Hobo
(Today, 06:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Eblo

Is there a reason why 9S and A2 are freely able to attack other YoRHa units without being commanded?

Two possibilities for A2: it's a result of disconnecting from YoRHa, or it's because she's an older model.

As for 9S, we know he's able to remove that limiter, and he probably got the same kill commands that 2B did since they were partners.
Xliskin
(Today, 06:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Eumi

I mean, he did nuke a village...

Not only that he petrified people in his garden never cared to free them he only cares for Kaine no wonder they call him ultimate weapon

https://youtu.be/QZ1wkCn2w1E?t=17m50s
Neolith
(Today, 07:43 PM)
I wonder what Taro's philosophy on life and death really is. Ending E gives a glimmer of hope, but I feel like the constant themes of life being an endless cycle of suffering outweigh that one moment heavily. This game is not helping my cynicism on the meaning of life lol.
MetroidPrimeRib
(Today, 07:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Neolith

I wonder what Taro's philosophy on life and death really is. Ending E gives a glimmer of hope, but I feel like the constant themes of life being an endless cycle of suffering outweigh that one moment heavily. This game is not helping my cynicism on the meaning of life lol.

I think he kind of dumps on existentialism in this a bit despite drawing a lot for it. The ending of the game is "Things will probably turn out the exact same again. But there's a minuscule chance they won't, and that chance is worth seeing through to the end." Its more optimistic that humans (androids) are versatile and adaptable machines and they will work through it.

I think there are a lot of parallels to global warming here.
BriGuy
(Today, 08:27 PM)
It's been roughly 10 days since I last played the game, but I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know if Nier Automata is truly one of the most important games of this generation or not, but it sure does a damn good job of convincing you it is.