• Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

xxracerxx
(Today, 04:19 PM)
God damn that last fairies price.
Smeags
(Today, 04:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Auto_aim1

Got the full Barbarian set. Can't say no to attack power.

It takes a lot of guts to wear that.

Ill see myself out.
ridley182
aka Mister Chef
(Today, 04:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Smeags

It takes a lot of guts to wear that.

Ill see myself out.

Kek
Jo Shishido's Cheeks
(Today, 04:23 PM)
What's the criteria for a Blood Moon?

I need one to trigger for a Shrine Quest so I slept for a month (31 separate times) and had to travel back each time and wait for midnight with no Blood Moons.
I hate randomised bullshit like this.

Are they truly random or only come after killing a certain amount of enemies or after certain weather conditions or you need to be at a certain level of health or what...?
Frustrating.
Cyborgmatt
(Today, 04:23 PM)
I was exploring the southern part of the map which has the jungle/rain forest terrain when I suddenly saw a giant electric dragon firing balls of lightning flying towards me which scared the shit out of me.

This game man.
Malus
(Today, 04:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Jo Shishido's Cheeks

I need one to trigger for a Shrine Quest so I slept for a month (31 separate times) and had to travel back each time and wait for midnight with no Blood Moons.

Are they truly random or only come after killing a certain amount of enemies or after certain weather conditions or you need to be at a certain level of health or what...?
Frustrating.

Just warp to the nearest fast travel point when you notice it come up. Much less tedious that way.

Originally Posted by Cyborgmatt

I was exploring the southern part of the map which has the jungle/rain forest terrain when I suddenly saw a giant electric dragon firing balls of lightning flying towards me which scared the shit out of me.

This game man.

Yeah I love that region (save for the frame rate issues in the dense forest, handheld mode to the rescue). A real nice change of pace especially after exploring the snowy mountains.
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(Today, 04:26 PM)
im using that knight armor, so I guess im playing Dark Souls now

(thats a joke / compliment, dont get triggered)

its noisy as shit which is another in a endless line of small details I really apreciate. I dont do much stealthing anyway.
llehuty
(Today, 04:28 PM)

Originally Posted by mrklaw

I didn't make the recipe right at the start of the game because I didn't think I could catch fish. So am I screwed for the warm doublet ? I went back to where I think it originally was (curving stairs down near the first tower) but I can't see the shelter there anymore.

You have to go to his cabin. It will be there. (I got it after 80 hours of game, lol)
AaronMT86
(Today, 04:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Deku Tree

Got the Hinox medal. Only need the Talus medal now.

Medal?
llehuty
(Today, 04:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Jo Shishido's Cheeks

Frustrating.

Killing minibosses and lynels and cleaning camps will increase the odds of it happening.
Burny
(Today, 04:36 PM)

[IMG... /IMG]

Would that screenshot be considered a spoiler? I can see it on mobile and it gives a relatively clear hint to where a certain character can be found.
Malus
(Today, 04:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Burny

Would that screenshot be considered a spoiler?

Meh not really. If you don't wanna look at screens and read details about armor or see views of areas then I wouldn't go into an OT.

I was on 100% blackout (disabled images on gaf even) and if I ever read a detail on here I didn't wanna see (which happened a couple times) that was my fault for coming into the thread.
Last edited by Malus; Today at 05:21 PM.
Finale Fireworker
(Today, 04:39 PM)

Originally Posted by AaronMT86

Medal?

I keep seeing people mention medals related to killing minibosses. But I don't know what they're referring to. Whatever it is seems to be extremely under-documented and not widely known.

From what I've gathered, you get medals for killing all the minibosses of a particular type. I don't know what they do. Maybe nothing?
Relix
he's Virgin Tight™
(Today, 04:40 PM)
I have 107 shrines. All dungeons. The sword... I don't want to finish the game yet :(
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(Today, 04:43 PM)
just wanted to share a little slice of adventuring ive had just now, about... I dunno, 10 hours in? Something like that, stupid Nintendo's weird ass time recording system wont tell me yet.

So im half main lining the game / half exploring and getting sidetracked. Like I'll try to main line, but then I go "ooh whats that over there" and off I go.

Anyway, story wise I need to get my first memory to progress. That plaza overlooking hyrule castle seemed like it would be back in the grand plateu, so I ported to a nearby shrine to see if I could find it. I didnt really see anything that looked like it at first glance tho, but then I saw a tower that seemed close enough, so I ported to a shrine enar it. Its the shrine that is up in a snowy area and overlooks the desert area. I could see the tower from there, but then I looked down, and saw a new shrine. Obviously I had to go down to it. After doing it, I got back to try to reach that tower so I did some climbing, I did some camps, I did some korok seeds, and as I walk to a cliff, still not at the tower, I look back to where I came from and it was a huge trek, it was kinda crazy to think I did all of that in like an hour, completely in control of where I was going, how I was getting to where I was going. Am I going the right way? I dunno. I dont care.

Im not one for hyperbole, so I wont get into any "goat" talk. Hell, im not even sure the game will be my GOTY, as 2 other big games this year already failed to knock Hollow Knight of that spot for me. Ill give it this tho.

The game is special. It really is something you need to experience for yourself, its very hard to explain it, on paper it sounds like any other videogame tbh. Its the first time I feel the "you can go anyware" tagline is true. Will that hold up once the feeling of "oooh whats that?" is gone? Probably not. But until that happens, man this is good.
Utophy
(Today, 04:48 PM)
I am so ashamed to say it ... But I stopped playing until more info about the hard mode will be released . I dont want to do the game 100% and then delete it to begin again ...

But its hard...
JakeD
(Today, 04:49 PM)

tip, dye it red to increase badassness level by 100

spoiler
Last edited by JakeD; Today at 05:40 PM.
ridley182
aka Mister Chef
(Today, 04:51 PM)
I finally revealed my very last tower in the game. Kind of a bittersweet moment since I don't want the game to end. At least I was delighted to have met with Kass at the top.
Deku Tree
(Today, 04:51 PM)

Originally Posted by AaronMT86

Medal?

Originally Posted by Finale Fireworker

I keep seeing people mention medals related to killing minibosses. But I don't know what they're referring to. Whatever it is seems to be extremely under-documented and not widely known.

From what I've gathered, you get medals for killing all the minibosses of a particular type. I don't know what they do. Maybe nothing?

Kilton gives you a medal if you kill all 40 Hinox, another one for all 40 Talus, and another one for all 4 sand fish. I just need the Talus one now. They do nothing.
JakeD
(Today, 04:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Rhaknar

The game is special. It really is something you need to experience for yourself, its very hard to explain it, on paper it sounds like any other videogame tbh. Its the first time I feel the "you can go anyware" tagline is true. Will that hold up once the feeling of "oooh whats that?" is gone? Probably not. But until that happens, man this is good.

i dunno, im 100 hours in and beat the main quest 10 hours ago. i still finding myself addicted to exploring new areas. makes no sense because there's no loot worth finding anymore. its exploring for the sake of it and i can't stop playing.
effingvic
(Today, 05:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Relix

I have 107 shrines. All dungeons. The sword... I don't want to finish the game yet :(

Ive avoided using the run button the last few hours to prolong the game. Helped take in the sights as well. I dont want it to end either :(
jrush64
(Today, 05:03 PM)
I've been playing for over 150 hours and I still havent been to Gerudo area. While that's on purpose as I'm saving it, i'm still loving exploring the whole place.

I just came across the bridge of hylia for the first time.
Milly Osworth
(Today, 05:03 PM)
How do you see how many shrines you have done?
Metroid
(Today, 05:04 PM)

Originally Posted by jrush64

I've been playing for over 150 hours and I still havent been to Gerudo area. While that's on purpose as I'm saving it, i'm still loving exploring the whole place.

I just came across the bridge of hylia for the first time.

Serious question: What did you do with all that time?^^
blly155
(Today, 05:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Milly Osworth

the loading screen tells you i think
random25
(Today, 05:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Milly Osworth

The shrine count on the loading screen shows how many you have finished.
Golnei
(Today, 05:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Sgt. Kabukiman

Only problem: the Gerudo theme is usually some of the best music in every Zelda game and here it's really not that memorable.

While that section of the game does have some of the soundtrack's better pieces, like the Molduga and Kohga boss theme and the music for the Naboris chase, the main Gerudo theme is underwhelming. It's definitely not comparable to Gerudo Valley; and while it's not as much of a gulf when compared to the Pirate Fortress or Gerudo Desert music, it's a little disappointing that their town theme is one of the game's weaker efforts, when considering that it's their first major appearance since OoT and the first time they've been fleshed out to this extent.
Jo Shishido's Cheeks
(Today, 05:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Malus

Just warp to the nearest fast travel point when you notice it come up. Much less tedious that way.

Originally Posted by llehuty

Killing minibosses and lynels and cleaning camps will increase the odds of it happening.

Cheers :)
AEREC
(Today, 05:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Burny

Would that screenshot be considered a spoiler? I can see it on mobile and it gives a relatively clear hint to where a certain character can be found.

I think so...I'm a little annoyed that I saw it since I had no idea it existed and would have been a pleasant surprise if I found it on my own and saw it for the first time. Same with the fairy. I say it belongs in the screenshot thread.

Oh well...this seems to be one of the more unsafe OTs with all the talk about last bosses and stuff.
Last edited by AEREC; Today at 05:25 PM.
VistraNorrez
(Today, 05:20 PM)
Over 110 hours and I've just discovered 2 more stables and another village.
duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(Today, 05:24 PM)
The journey to Zora's Domain was fucking rad. I kinda wandered into the starting point by accident while trying to climb to a tower but it was raining so I settled for the nearby shrine instead and ran into the prince. I love these moments in BotW where they are a mix of random exploration, scripted events, and a pathway that is somewhat linear but also totally freeform in approach. It's the best marriage of designed content and emergent gameplay.
Adaren
(Today, 05:33 PM)
I actually came into Zora's Domain by catching an updraft on the east side and climbing the rest of the way. I climbed to the highest peak and then dove into the resovoir and swam to the capital.

It didn't feel unintended, though. I found plenty of treasure and Koroks on my mountain-traversing journey. It was a great example of an "approach it however you want" game experience.
vypek
(Today, 05:40 PM)
I beat the game earlier today. Some thoughts:

I can't say that I cared for the final dungeon or the final fight. Not sure if I needed the 13th memory for a scene in the ending or if I got it and didn't realize when I had the 12th memory that is located in the castle. I fucking hate guardians of all types. lol. And I wish I got to keep the final bow that you are given in the final fight. Would have been a nice reward for clearing the game.
llehuty
(Today, 05:41 PM)

Originally Posted by duckroll

The journey to Zora's Domain was fucking rad. I kinda wandered into the starting point by accident while trying to climb to a tower but it was raining so I settled for the nearby shrine instead and ran into the prince. I love these moments in BotW where they are a mix of random exploration, scripted events, and a pathway that is somewhat linear but also totally freeform in approach. It's the best marriage of designed content and emergent gameplay.

Yeah, that whole section is so cleverly designed. There are actually several NPCs guiding you to the starting point, but it's done in very organic way.
Twookie
(Today, 05:41 PM)

after playing it for 10 days? thats...a weird system. Fucking nintendo man.

yeah, hard to rationalize for that honestly, no idea what nintendo were thinking.
Majukun
(Today, 05:44 PM)
-18 shrines to the 120 goal

no idea where they are though..i only have one shrine related mission (and i still can't find what i'm supposed to do)
DrArchon
(Today, 05:51 PM)
Beat the game just now. Got all of the memories, shrines, beasts, and 152 korok seeds.

Ganon was underwhelming across the board. The first form looked like shit and the second wasn't that fun to fight but at least looked incredibly badass. Both were a piece of cake too, though I had the Master Sword and the Beasts to help out. Still had more trouble with Thunderblight Ganon honestly. Was nice to have my GIANT HORSE join me, seeing as I never used him during the main game.

Also, how has Zelda not aged a day in 100 years? She should look like Impa at this point!

I think I'll keep on playing just to wander around the overworld finding neat stuff. I figure I can find another 100 or so Seeds before I lose all interest in them.
Rhaknar
(Today, 06:29 PM)
rubies, topaz and saphires are safe to sell?
DrArchon
(Today, 06:30 PM)

rubies and saphires are safe to sell?

You can use them to make/upgrade some certain clothing items, but if you've got a bunch then go ahead. It's incredibly easy to find gems later in the game, so if you need money now I don't see why you shouldn't sell them.
Thud
(Today, 06:33 PM)

Go ahead.
lyrick
(Today, 06:34 PM)

Depends on how much you value level 4 Armour upgrades.