• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Familienoberhauptvogel
(Today, 08:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Lister

The citadel is "just a big Space base" too. It's not easy to build a big space base.

No the citadel is a mass relay. It's also full of tech not seen on the nexus. People don't even have flying cars in the nexus.
Royal_Phalanx
(Today, 08:43 PM)

Originally Posted by BizzyBum

I'll chalk it up to BioWare playing it as safe as possible.

We would also relate better to them as opposed to if the new aliens we meet were squid. Though I think it would have been great to meet an abstract alien with language barriers ala Arrival. Who knows, maybe the Remnant are like that.

Can't have sex with a squid alien or a slug alien, lol.
Brokun
(Today, 08:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Royal_Phalanx

Can't have sex with a squid alien or a slug alien, lol.

Japan would like to have a word with you.
Bisnic
Really Really Exciting Member!
(Today, 08:47 PM)
Soooo.... Drack & Jaal or Drack & Peebee?

Just for banter mind you. Which one would be the best? Do people you romance have anything unique to say outside of the Tempest?
Lister
(Today, 08:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Mindlog

What's the overwhelmingly abhorrent nature of that line?

It's not just that line, though it's ridiculously eye roll inducing. It's that so many are equally bad or worse.

Many sound like amateurish attempts at giving you a little insight into the character, but they inevitably come off like something out of a kid's TV show. You can't trust kids to get nuance or make inferences - to examine what the character says and does and paint a picture. No, you have to spell it out:

"Hi. I'm bubbles, I'm a color fish, and I enjoy collecting shiny rocks and looking for adventure!"

Agh.
Familienoberhauptvogel
(Today, 08:50 PM)
What's scott's personality like? Sara is much more of an individual than Shepard ever was. No matter how you choose she's still goofy.
nOoblet16

Originally Posted by Bisnic

Soooo.... Drack & Jaal or Drack & Peebee?

Just for banter mind you. Which one would be the best? Do people you romance have anything unique to say outside of the Tempest?

Both Jaal and Drack are top for banter, they'll usually fit in with anyone. Although Drack is slightly more solo banter than Jaal who is better at banter with your other squad mate.
BizzyBum

Originally Posted by Brokun

There's an App? Holy shit I did not know this was a thing. Downloading now!

Same here, just tried it out. It sucks for strike team missions because it doesn't give you the success rate % chance for the mission unless I missed it somehow.
Lister
(Today, 08:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Familienoberhauptvogel

No the citadel is a mass relay. It's also full of tech not seen on the nexus. People don't even have flying cars in the nexus.

They didn't know that (IIRC). They marveled at the thing just becaus etit was a gigantic engineering marvel, and it maintained itself.
X-Frame
(Today, 08:53 PM)
So what's everyone favorite crafted creation so far?
RedlineRonin
(Today, 08:56 PM)

Originally Posted by X-Frame

So what's everyone favorite crafted creation so far?

First thing I built was the Black Widow I (Infiltrator here). Big step up from the Viper I that I started with.

Have to see if I have the stuff for II yet. I was oddly surprised, as it seems like it's one of the top tier sniper rifles in the game, and I'm not super far in yet....
nOoblet16
(Today, 08:57 PM)

They didn't know that (IIRC). They marveled at the thing just becaus etit was a gigantic engineering marvel, and it maintained itself.

It maintained itself via the Keepers, who everyone was aware of even if they didn't understand how they came to be but they knew the Citadel didn't clean itself through magic. Regardless Nexus doesn't have anything like keepers.

Anyhow they can understand how things works and still be amazed by the engineering, nothing suggests that the races in ME1-3 couldn't have built something like The Nexus.
The Dark Shape
(Today, 08:57 PM)

Did the original trilogy ever drop an F bomb?

Aria dropped one in Mass Effect 2.
Familienoberhauptvogel
(Today, 08:58 PM)

Yeah they didn't know that but that's a big difference between the Citadel and the Nexus. They couldn't decipher the citadel because of the underlying tech. There's really nothing special about the Nexus as far as I can tell, the only remarkable thing about it is its size compared to non citadel stations.

We've seen some huge ass spaceships in Mass Effect and they build the crucible in a pretty short amount of time during war time.

There's like 100.000 participants to the andromeda initiative if everyone involved paid for their trip and some it shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish. It did take something close to 13 years for the initiative to depart.
UncleMeat
(Today, 08:58 PM)

What's scott's personality like? Sara is much more of an individual than Shepard ever was. No matter how you choose she's still goofy.

Space Drake seems to be the consensus which is somewhat aided by the similarity of the voice. I like him.
shawnoftheshred
(Today, 09:00 PM)

Same here, just tried it out. It sucks for strike team missions because it doesn't give you the success rate % chance for the mission unless I missed it somehow.

Yeah, it does. I've only done them on the app so far and tend to be 90%+ on bronze, 65%+ on silver and in the 10-15% on gold. My highest team is level 15 so far.
Familienoberhauptvogel

Originally Posted by UncleMeat

Space Drake seems to be the consensus which is somewhat aided by the similarity of the voice. I like him.

I've only ever played the start of the vita Uncharted.
Krentist

Originally Posted by Man Called Aerodynamics

It's a mildly cheesy action movie type line...?

Even the oft-cited "I've been talking so much, my face is tired" line from Foster Addison. A little awkward, sure, but is it really that odd of a thing to say?

... Yes? I certainly raised an eyebrow at that, I've never heard a phrase like that before. Not to mention her face itself is devoid of an expression while she says it, so it's even more unfortunate.

I also severely dislike her line about "goddamn poetry" or something like that, because nothing she said was like poetry.
CrazyDude

Scott is Nathan Drake.
Nekrono
(Today, 09:01 PM)

... with zero tactics.

Hate the 3 power limit. Fucking leave that on consoles, give me more on PC.

True. I don't care so much about controlling my squad but I do wish I had more abilities at my disposal.

I do plan on switching over to M&K for my Insanity playthrough mostly because of easier mobility/aiming but yeah I wish we had more abilities to keybind.
Akai__
(Today, 09:01 PM)
Kinda wished you could sort your Missions based on the planet or location.

And somebody please check this out. On Xbox One:

Anyone else having a bugged Strike Team screen? I can't even Exit out of the tab where you'd normally upgrade and inspect your Strike Teams.

Only buttons that do something are the bumpers and if they wouldn't, it would be a softlock trap screen. X,Y,B,A buttons just don't do anything in there anymore and I don't know why.