• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

SkylineRKR
(03-24-2017, 02:08 PM)
I bought Andromeda and played it for a few hours and it doesn't seem to be the turd some make it out to be. But I also can't say its an amazing game. ME1 and 2 I couldn't stop playing to see where it went but I don't really have that desire here just yet. The characters, bad guys and initial plot aren't really interesting to me yet. Its just there.

ME:A is certainly stuck in the past. The animations, dialogues and writing aren't a step above last-gen, instead they're well below the likes of Horizon, Witcher etc. The bar has been raised. The way default Ryder speaks with and looks at other people is jarring, its hard to take seriously. I think even the original trilogy did this better.

The gameplay is improved because there is auto cover and you can jump which means its level design has more layers. But the team commands are gone and the encounter design is just about sudden enemy waves so far.

I don't think its a bad game though, just one that feels dated and not better than the original trilogy.
Sanador
(03-24-2017, 02:35 PM)
I am enjoying the multiplayer. And the game looks great in 4K HDR.

I haven't tried the campaign yet...need to finish HZD first.
Gator86
(03-24-2017, 02:39 PM)

Originally Posted by StrongBlackVine

This qualifies as the flop of the generation now. There have been other games with high expectations that didn't deliver(Destiny, Quantum Break, No Man's Sky, Evolve, The Order 1886)...but none of them were established franchises with histories of excellence. Oh I forgot about Street Fighter V although they disappointed for very different reasons.

Originally Posted by jdstorm

No Battleborn?

FYI all of the games above are atleast origional and do 1 thing extremely well. (Exploration:No Mans Sky, The Order 1886:Pretty Graphics, Quantum Break: TV Show integration, Destiny:Gameplay, SFV:Gameplay, Evolve:Asynchronous Multiplayer)

Mass Effect is just an unpolished Mediocre game that laks ambition, Good Writing, performances ect. Its the Terminator Genesis of Mass Effect.

Fucking scatching. Poor Mass Effect.
opricnik
(03-24-2017, 05:25 PM)
Wow 74?

Garbage of the year already? ( for a game in this scale)
Phloxy
(03-25-2017, 05:02 PM)
Well, as a complete die-hard fan of this franchise. Playing it makes me feel like Obi-Wan when he was yelling at Anakin about being the chosen one :(
https://youtu.be/-8Jmk5BoqPc 2/5
Shoeless
(03-25-2017, 09:31 PM)
I'm enjoying it, but I think the Metacritic average is fair. If this were a brand new game from a small developer, I'd be impressed with how ambitious they were despite not always hitting their target. Coming from one of the most critically acclaimed developers and one of the biggest publishers in the world makes it easier to be a little less forgiving, but the inherent fun in the game is there, it's a lot more flawed than what I was initially expecting.

But the characters are growing on me, and, as usual, half the fun is just wandering around talking to people or taking the Nomad for a spin to see what's out there.
kulapik
(03-26-2017, 05:56 PM)
Cr1tikal has made a review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3_PAnqqYLU

Score: 55/100

Positives:

Worlds
Performance
Sound Design

Negatives:

Characters
Narrative
Animation
saskuatch
(03-26-2017, 06:09 PM)
To give some perspective killzone shadow fall got a 73 metacritic and has been forgotten by history
butman
(Today, 01:32 AM)

Originally Posted by saskuatch

To give some perspective killzone shadow fall got a 73 metacritic and has been forgotten by history

It's done.
MAX PAYMENT
(Today, 01:33 AM)

Originally Posted by saskuatch

MEA is way better than shadowfall.
fastmower
(Today, 01:36 AM)

Originally Posted by MAX PAYMENT

MEA is way better than shadowfall.

That's not how review scores work.
MAX PAYMENT
(Today, 01:37 AM)

Originally Posted by fastmower

That's not how review scores work.

Obviously