• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

linkboy
Member
(03-20-2017, 05:52 PM)
linkboy's Avatar

Originally Posted by LouieGeetoo

So, I could change my United States Nintendo Account to Japan, buy PuyoPuyo Tetris, and then switch it back to United States and still be able to play it? To me that is probably better than having a separate Japan account on the system (which I did to get the demo).

Losing wallet funds isn't a concern for me -- ain't got any. Can I just re-link my Wii U/3DS Nintendo Network ID afterwards?

That's what I did with Shovel Knight. Changed my region to Mexico, bought/installed the game, then changed my region back to the US.

Japan might be a bit different with foreign credit cards, though.
I Wanna Be The Guy
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
(03-20-2017, 05:55 PM)
I Wanna Be The Guy's Avatar
Other than 1 2 Switch, what's the best game to make use of HD Rumble so far?
JustenP88
I earned 100 Gamerscore¬ô for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
(03-20-2017, 05:56 PM)

Originally Posted by I Wanna Be The Guy

Other than 1 2 Switch, what's the best game to make use of HD Rumble so far?

I wouldn't say either is particularly impressive wrt HD Rumble implementation, but Blaster Master and Fast RMX both have unique rumble patterns in some instances.
Kyzer
RIP to Harambe, the gorilla who died
(03-20-2017, 05:57 PM)
Kyzer's Avatar

Originally Posted by fantomena

I saw someone else who owns the Neon version and holy shit it's ugly imo. Blue and red don't match and the colors are too strong. Would been way better with a blue or red only edition.

You dont know what youre talking about... just enjoy your gray one.
AndrewDean84xX
Member
(03-20-2017, 05:58 PM)
AndrewDean84xX's Avatar
Man, going from Zelda on the Switch to Zelda on the Wii U was great, in terms of controls. The buttons feel better and are bigger, I love the Wii U stick locations as well.

I'm not hating on the Switch, as I love it. I just think that I will need a pro controller for those better buttons and form factor for my hands. I find my right hand cramps while playing the switch. The same way it does for the 3DS and Vita.

Man, I can't wait for more games on the Switch, so I can justify to my wife that I buy my own and stop mooching off my daughters switch. Hence why I purchased Zelda for the Wii U.
Not
Junior Member
(03-20-2017, 06:04 PM)
Not's Avatar

Originally Posted by AndrewDean84xX

Man, going from Zelda on the Switch to Zelda on the Wii U was great, in terms of controls. The buttons feel better and are bigger, I love the Wii U stick locations as well.

I'm not hating on the Switch, as I love it. I just think that I will need a pro controller for those better buttons and form factor for my hands. I find my right hand cramps while playing the switch. The same way it does for the 3DS and Vita.

Man, I can't wait for more games on the Switch, so I can justify to my wife that I buy my own and stop mooching off my daughters switch. Hence why I purchased Zelda for the Wii U.

Did you try using the Pro Controller? I literally just tried playing with the Joy-Cons yesterday, and I'm around 22 hours in.
Neoweee
Member
(03-20-2017, 06:06 PM)
Neoweee's Avatar
How does having multiple accounts work with regards to account interation? I have a separate profile for my friends to play on, but I can't see a play history on the secondary profile. I try to link it to an account, but it gives a warning/error about an account already being on the system.
Tabasco
Member
(03-20-2017, 06:08 PM)
Tabasco's Avatar
Joycons with the grip isn't bad imo.

I wouldn't even mind using it over the pro controller. My gripe with the pro controller is that the grips have a downward curve to them and I don't know why they designed them that way.
L.O.R.D
Member
(03-20-2017, 06:32 PM)
L.O.R.D's Avatar
question about this image i've seen on twitter

so,what does it's actually means?
1- does the system it self doesn't accept more then 1000 screenshot?
2- or does the system memory (32GB) can't hold more and you have to use microSD card to make more then 1000 screenshot?
UnaiGamer
Member
(03-20-2017, 06:54 PM)
UnaiGamer's Avatar

Originally Posted by L.O.R.D

question about this image i've seen on twitter



so,what does it's actually means?
1- does the system it self doesn't accept more then 1000 screenshot?
2- or does the system memory (32GB) can't hold more and you have to use microSD card to make more then 1000 screenshot?

That's really lame. I have the system for one week and I have almost 300 screenhots already!
ngower
Member
(03-20-2017, 06:57 PM)
ngower's Avatar

Originally Posted by L.O.R.D

question about this image i've seen on twitter



so,what does it's actually means?
1- does the system it self doesn't accept more then 1000 screenshot?
2- or does the system memory (32GB) can't hold more and you have to use microSD card to make more then 1000 screenshot?

You can store 1,000 on the system memory, 10,000 on an SD card.
lenovox1
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:09 PM)
lenovox1's Avatar

Originally Posted by UnaiGamer

That's really lame. I have the system for one week and I have almost 300 screenhots already!

The intent is for you to upload and share those screenshots.
L.O.R.D
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:11 PM)
L.O.R.D's Avatar

Originally Posted by UnaiGamer

That's really lame. I have the system for one week and I have almost 300 screenhots already!

oh,i just saw the other words,10000 on mSD card,WTF?
oti
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:26 PM)
oti's Avatar
Remember me and my wiggly Joy-Con? Today a new pair arrived and while they are more solid than my original grey ones, they are still too wiggly for my taste. :(
I Wanna Be The Guy
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
(03-20-2017, 07:30 PM)
I Wanna Be The Guy's Avatar

Originally Posted by JustenP88

I wouldn't say either is particularly impressive wrt HD Rumble implementation, but Blaster Master and Fast RMX both have unique rumble patterns in some instances.

I bought Fast RMX. Gonna try this out now.
UnaiGamer
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:35 PM)
UnaiGamer's Avatar

Originally Posted by lenovox1

The intent is for you to upload and share those screenshots.

I don't want to do that and compress those screenshots even further.

Originally Posted by L.O.R.D

oh,i just saw the other words,10000 on mSD card,WTF?

I thought that I had to manually move my screenshots one by one from the internal memory to my SD, but looking at my Switch the new screeshots that I took after inserting a SD are already on it, so I only have to move the screenshots that I took on the first couple of days I had the system.

That's good enough for me.
Last edited by UnaiGamer; 03-20-2017 at 07:37 PM.
I Wanna Be The Guy
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
(03-20-2017, 07:46 PM)
I Wanna Be The Guy's Avatar
So I played the first cup in Fast RMX. Uh...I really didn't notice HD Rumble. Genuinely couldn't tell the difference between that and regular rumble.
Jaded Alyx
(03-20-2017, 07:48 PM)
Jaded Alyx's Avatar
Remind me, how does applying a screen protector in a steamy bathroom help again?
sleepnaught
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:50 PM)
sleepnaught's Avatar

Originally Posted by I Wanna Be The Guy

So I played the first cup in Fast RMX. Uh...I really didn't notice HD Rumble. Genuinely couldn't tell the difference between that and regular rumble.

Yeah, everything I've tested so far just feels like regular rumble. Maybe because I'm use to the haptic feedback on my Steam Controller? It's nice rumble, but nothing to write home about.
moltonasty
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:53 PM)
moltonasty's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jaded Alyx

Remind me, how does applying a screen protector in a steamy bathroom help again?

the steam weighs down the dust particles
Vitacat
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:53 PM)
Vitacat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jaded Alyx

Remind me, how does applying a screen protector in a steamy bathroom help again?

If you do it correctly, the steam disperses water up into the air which "grabs" dust particles, and as the steam settles it brings the dust particles down to the ground. It works, but you have to do it properly, i.e. let the bathroom get fully steamed up, then wait until the steam is fully settled. Also, make sure any AC vents and door(s) are CLOSED (you also don't want any significant air flow into or out of the bathroom that might spread particles around), and thoroughly wipe your working surface before applying the protector. Wearing a dust mask and head covering is also recommended to minimize particles or hair/skin falling around the Switch during installation of the protector.

Originally Posted by sleepnaught

Yeah, everything I've tested so far just feels like regular rumble. Maybe because I'm use to the haptic feedback on my Steam Controller? It's nice rumble, but nothing to write home about.

Yeah, HD rumble has been a yawn. It's still the first time we've had real rumble on a mainstream portable system so it's still cool. But the only games I have so far are BOTW, Fast RMX and Shovel Knight. Maybe some other games will use it better and I'll appreciate it more.
Last edited by Vitacat; 03-20-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Sleeping Lesson
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:54 PM)
Sleeping Lesson's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jaded Alyx

Remind me, how does applying a screen protector in a steamy bathroom help again?

It's sexier.
PaulCRose
Junior Member
(03-20-2017, 07:55 PM)

Originally Posted by aBarreras

i really fucking hate that mentality, people saying the switch is 'too big" then being ok with carrying a fucking laptop and a controller!

give me a break

Laptop allows me to do work, watch movies and browse the internet.


The switch allows me to play games. I don't mind carrying my switch around, but I can see why others might not want to.
Diablohead
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:55 PM)
Diablohead's Avatar
Thing I have noticed with my joycons, the left trigger has less travel then the right, they both click and work fine but they both also feel like they use completely different springs and locks, in fact it feels like the left trigger is slightly stuck.

For such an expensive pad I expect better from these things when they get built.

Originally Posted by Jaded Alyx

Remind me, how does applying a screen protector in a steamy bathroom help again?

don't think sauna steamy just a room which has damp air, it's to prevent dust particles in the air getting in the way because the moisture will stop dust.
Last edited by Diablohead; 03-20-2017 at 07:58 PM.
Jaded Alyx
(03-20-2017, 08:00 PM)
Jaded Alyx's Avatar
Thanks everyone.

Originally Posted by Vitacat

If you do it correctly, the steam disperses water up into the air which "grabs" dust particles, and as the steam settles it brings the dust particles down to the ground. It works, but you have to do it properly, i.e. let the bathroom get fully steamed up, then wait until the steam is fully settled. Also, make sure any AC vents are CLOSED, and thoroughly wipe your working surface before applying the protector. Wearing a dust mask and head covering is also recommended to minimize particles or hair/skin falling around the Switch during installation of the protector.

.

This is some serious business.
Vitacat
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:01 PM)
Vitacat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jaded Alyx

Thanks everyone.



This is some serious business.

LOL. You betcha. :-P
Jaded Alyx
(03-20-2017, 08:07 PM)
Jaded Alyx's Avatar
Wish me luck.


Vitacat
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:09 PM)
Vitacat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jaded Alyx

Wish me luck.


Amateurs. Part of their foreheads still showing. Tsk, tsk.
fantomena
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:12 PM)
fantomena's Avatar
Dammit. Zelda is downloading slower beyond 90%.

Edit: Apparently restarting the console made it download faster, hopefully forever. :P
Last edited by fantomena; 03-20-2017 at 08:19 PM.
xsarien
daedsiluap
(03-20-2017, 08:24 PM)

Originally Posted by I Wanna Be The Guy

So I played the first cup in Fast RMX. Uh...I really didn't notice HD Rumble. Genuinely couldn't tell the difference between that and regular rumble.

I've come to the conclusion that "HD Rumble" is just like "HD Toothpaste."

All marketing.
RichiRamjag
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:26 PM)
RichiRamjag's Avatar

Originally Posted by xsarien

I've come to the conclusion that "HD Rumble" is just like "HD Toothpaste."

All marketing.

Yeah, I'm not impressed by it at all. Still love my switch otherwise.
Kyzer
RIP to Harambe, the gorilla who died
(03-20-2017, 08:30 PM)
Kyzer's Avatar
Ball count sold me on HD Rumble
casey_contra
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:32 PM)
casey_contra's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyzer

Ball count sold me on HD Rumble

I was actually more impressed with Soda Shake. I hope this tech is used in Splatoon to help gauge how much ink you have left.
dmaul1114
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:33 PM)
Yeah, HD rumble hasn't impressed me either. Only Blaster Master uses it of the games I've played though.

I have a feeling it will just be good for single/seperate joycon games, like 1 2 Switch and things like ball count as mentioned above. Those type of things are generally not my cup of tea though, so it will be a useless feature for me.

No biggie, other than driving up costs a tad I guess. But I've already paid for the console and a pro pad so no sense worrying about that now. I've never been a huge rumble fan in general anyway.
Shiggie
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:34 PM)
Shiggie's Avatar

Originally Posted by xsarien

I've come to the conclusion that "HD Rumble" is just like "HD Toothpaste."

All marketing.

those games dont use HD rumble...
psyfi
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:39 PM)
psyfi's Avatar
I find the joycons just as comfortable as the pro controller, but the sticks are definitely worse. I tried playing Zelda with gyro aiming off because either found it unnecessary with the pro controller, but I had to turn it back on for playing in handheld mode.

I actually like the buttons on the joycon better. They're smaller and closer together. The pro controller buttons feel way too spaced out, but maybe that's just cause I'm used to the joycon now.
Oregano
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:41 PM)
Oregano's Avatar

Originally Posted by I Wanna Be The Guy

So I played the first cup in Fast RMX. Uh...I really didn't notice HD Rumble. Genuinely couldn't tell the difference between that and regular rumble.

It ain't great in FAST. There's a few bits(like the twisters) but it's pretty bog standard. Blaster Master Zero has a really weird, good bit of HD Rumble in its intro.
R0ckman
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:43 PM)
R0ckman's Avatar
Was thinking about getting the water feild case but my wife bought me an anti-theft backpack that has a USB charger and tons of space. I'm thinking there is no longer a point actually.
AaronMT86
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:44 PM)
AaronMT86's Avatar
Anyone have experience with HDMI extractor's? I want to get an optical audio input to my wireless transmitter (Astro A50).

https://www.amazon.ca/ViewHD-Extract.../dp/B00KBHX072
hao chi
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:48 PM)
hao chi's Avatar

Originally Posted by casey_contra

I was actually more impressed with Soda Shake. I hope this tech is used in Splatoon to help gauge how much ink you have left.

I'm pretty excited to see what Splatoon 2 does with HD rumble since there's some obvious uses for it there. Hopefully they put the tech to good use.
RootCause
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:50 PM)
RootCause's Avatar
I haven't used the screenshot much yet. I've only used it for some Zelda recipes. :P

Originally Posted by lenovox1

The intent is for you to upload and share those screenshots.

What sites are supported?
MickD
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:51 PM)
MickD's Avatar
Any one have a clue what USB power adapter I need for my google usb c cable. My Belkin power adapter isn't working.
Vitacat
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:53 PM)
Vitacat's Avatar

Originally Posted by RootCause

I haven't used the screenshot much yet. I've only used it for some Zelda recipes. :P


What sites are supported?

Twitter and Facebook I believe. Meh. I hate using FB for anything, and I don't use Twitter.

I wish it would include imgur.
casey_contra
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:54 PM)
casey_contra's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vitacat

Twitter and Facebook I believe. Meh. I hate using FB for anything, and I don't use Twitter.

I wish it would include imgur.

I wish they would include Instagram!

Pro tip: You can connect your Switch with facebook and make it share to an album only you can view. Then you can just save the pics to your phone to use as you wish and it also stores them all in one place online (the FB album).
RootCause
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:55 PM)
RootCause's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vitacat

Twitter and Facebook I believe. Meh. I hate using FB for anything, and I don't use Twitter.

I wish it would include imgur.

Thanks. imgur would be great. Hope they add that one.

What are gaf members doing to upload it to the gaf screenshot thread? are they simply taking the card out and plugging it to the pc?
F34R
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:10 PM)

Originally Posted by linkboy

RAVPower 20100mAh 30W Type C

Unfortunately, it's out of stock.

Originally Posted by Salaadin

Is this portable charger a good option for the Switch?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z9QVE4Q...LPQ1RT51&psc=1

It looks good to me but I'd like some other opinions.

I want to get one and attach it to my case somehow so that I always have it with me.

Originally Posted by MadClacker

This is what I use, and I'm able to charge quicker than the Switch depletes battery, even while playing Zelda!

https://www.amazon.com/KMASHI-15000m.../dp/B00JP8MZGK

Here's what I have coming in the post tomorrow: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
mrklaw
MrArseFace
(03-20-2017, 10:11 PM)
mrklaw's Avatar
First time using the joycons with steps to play snipperclips with my kids. First, snipperclips is a lot of fun. Second, the straps are a royal PITA. Even with the lock carefully unlocked, they're still stiff to remove. I ended up jamming the metal rail under one fingernail as I was trying to dislodge one strap, and scrapping my finger as the other one came off suddenly.

The combination of metal underneath and little area to grip onto is a recipe for disaster. i think if I'm just playing snipperclips I'll try with naked joycons
Vitacat
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:16 PM)
Vitacat's Avatar

Originally Posted by mrklaw

First time using the joycons with steps to play snipperclips with my kids. First, snipperclips is a lot of fun. Second, the straps are a royal PITA. Even with the lock carefully unlocked, they're still stiff to remove. I ended up jamming the metal rail under one fingernail as I was trying to dislodge one strap, and scrapping my finger as the other one came off suddenly.

The combination of metal underneath and little area to grip onto is a recipe for disaster. i think if I'm just playing snipperclips I'll try with naked joycons

They become significantly easier to remove after a couple of times.
I Wanna Be The Guy
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
(03-20-2017, 10:19 PM)
I Wanna Be The Guy's Avatar
Playing with single joycons on their side is soooo uncomfortable. A far cry from the wiimote. With the wiimote nunchuk setup for joycons I think they're great. But individually on their side? Ugh. Do not want to play a game like this ever. And for the record I loved playing the wiimote like this. Joycons are just too small foe this setup. Not comfortable at all.
Vitacat
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:23 PM)
Vitacat's Avatar

Originally Posted by I Wanna Be The Guy

Playing with single joycons on their side is soooo uncomfortable. A far cry from the wiimote. With the wiimote nunchuk setup for joycons I think they're great. But individually on their side? Ugh. Do not want to play a game like this ever. And for the record I loved playing the wiimote like this. Joycons are just too small foe this setup. Not comfortable at all.

I love Wiimotes. I keep hoping Nintendo decides to add support for them into Switch firmware. Doubtful it will happen, but it would be nice.

As for Joycons, they're OK. Perfectly serviceable in handheld mode. Pretty comfy in split mode actually. But in NES pad style mode, they're not the best.

Thread Tools