• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Lonewulfeus
(03-21-2017, 12:32 AM)

Originally Posted by fluffydelusions

As someone who lived on Staten Island for 12 years this is true. SI may as well be part of NJ

Hey fuck you we don't want those shitholes! It's bad enough they were on jersey shore and people think that's what we're actually like. Also Staten Island smells like ass.
DonMigs85
(03-21-2017, 12:34 AM)
It always amazes me how people can have such unbridled hate for a specific group of people they don't know. We're all human at the end of the day.
Litan
(03-21-2017, 12:36 AM)

Originally Posted by DonMigs85

It always amazes me how people can have such unbridled hate for a specific group of people they don't know. We're all human at the end of the day.

Shut up, Don.
smokeymicpot
Beat EviLore at pool.
(03-21-2017, 12:36 AM)

Seriously. Not everyone here is the devil. Sucks most of the news that comes out from Staten Island is shitty but you will always hear from the bad not the good.
Speevy
(03-21-2017, 12:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Titanoboa

Basically nobody's surprised she's a piece of shit woman because of the above

Well, if you don't believe you can be from anywhere and do any legal profession and still be a good person, I don't know what to tell you.
Switch Back 9
a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
(03-21-2017, 12:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Litan

Shut up, Don.

Hahaha.
DonMigs85
(03-21-2017, 12:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Litan

Shut up, Don.

I was referring to the crazy chiro
Technosteve
(03-21-2017, 12:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Strike

New Yorkers don't even like Staten Island.

Good i am glad you clear this point up, people from the south keep confusing jersey shore scum bags as people from new jersey. I correct them, they are from staten island new york which is an old Indian name for we dump our trash here.
Bronx-Man
In 16th century Japan, the African slave of a Jesuit priest rises to become a samurai in the service of its most powerful warlord, & faces the challenge of a corrupt general who is scheming to topple the warlord & rule in his place.
(03-21-2017, 12:53 AM)
I'd just like to clarify that NY does not claim Staten Island. Nor the wasteland known as Upstate.
Speevy
(03-21-2017, 12:55 AM)
If we deleted every geographical location associated with a racism story from the map, we wouldn't have a country.
Just_myles
(03-21-2017, 01:04 AM)
Wuuut? Someone actually said that? Shaolin, doh. Wanted to say that.
theignoramus
(03-21-2017, 01:05 AM)

Study the behavior of humanity at its worst and you'll come to realise the astonishing cruelty large numbers of people are fully capable of. And remember, it was even worse 60 years ago.
Dominican Power
(03-21-2017, 01:07 AM)

Originally Posted by WhiskerFrisker

Staten Island is literally full of people who sound like those New Yorkers in movies with NY accents. "I'm walkin' ova here!" It's pretty much filled with people who moved away from Brooklyn/Queens because of the influx of immigrants. So I'm not surprised at all. I always try to think that it could be a better place. I've been there three times in my entire 20 years of living in NYC and I was just passing through to get to the Verrazano bridge.

You mean Italian Americans? There's more Italians in that county than in any other county in the country.
OG Shaka Zulu
(03-21-2017, 01:07 AM)

Originally Posted by smokeymicpot

Coal has nothing to do with it. Most of this island is cop and firefighters. Even though the island went red it is not the whole island.

My sarcasm. Went over your head Smokey lol.
Gallbaro
(03-21-2017, 02:10 AM)
The history of Italian settlement on Staten island is one of racism. See Guinea Gangplank.
HP_Wuvcraft
(03-21-2017, 02:28 AM)
Did she just fucking threaten a school shooting to a cop?
Vincent Alexander
(03-21-2017, 02:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Speevy

If we deleted every geographical location associated with a racism story from the map, we wouldn't have a country.

We might be left with some counties here and there, at least. Maybe...
Seductivpancakes
(03-21-2017, 02:48 AM)
I always hated going to Staten Island even before I found out how much racists live there.
hipbabboom
Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
(03-21-2017, 03:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Speevy

Could we do a trial run and see how we fair after 25%?
The Faceless Master
(03-21-2017, 03:08 AM)
i used to walk thru BedStuy at 2AM in the 90s and i wouldn't fuck with Staten Island.
EASTC0AST_GH05T
(03-21-2017, 03:13 AM)

I always hear quite a few Wu memebers repping Staten Island. This is ealry 90's 2000's Wu though.
Valhelm
contribute something
(03-21-2017, 03:17 AM)

American society doesn't really challenge racial assumptions. 400 years of conditioning is hard to overcome.

If much of your community shares your attitude on race, this kind of prejudice seems reasonable.
smokeymicpot
Beat EviLore at pool.
(03-21-2017, 03:26 AM)

Originally Posted by EASTC0AST_GH05T

I always hear quite a few Wu memebers repping Staten Island. This is ealry 90's 2000's Wu though.

Some of them live here. Redman actually lives close by to a girl I used to work with. I ran into Method Man at best buy years ago too.
SilentRacoon
(03-21-2017, 03:27 AM)
Why was this woman not arrested, she basically threatened to shoot down a school, wtf.

Originally Posted by Straight Edge

Yes it's alternative medicine.

It begs the question though, why is the state handing over license to practice such a thing.
tbm24
(03-21-2017, 03:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Ovid

It's $17 now. Tolls went up yesterday.

$17? Well, this just justifies my braving of canal street to get to the Holland when I leave to Jersey.
gnomed
(03-21-2017, 03:35 AM)

Originally Posted by cyress8

I'm actually curious on what farted out Taco Bell smells like and wonder why this person even knows of that smell.

It smells like doctor Danielle's fingers.
Gorillaz
sober as a drunk judge
(03-21-2017, 03:39 AM)

Originally Posted by effingvic

Of course its Staten Island

I was about to say the same lol
A Fish Aficionado
I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
(03-21-2017, 03:45 AM)

Originally Posted by SilentRacoon

It begs the question though, why is the state handing over license to practice such a thing.

Lobbying and that sweet insurance cash. Legitimizing pseudoscience has been a slow creep.

Turning chiropractors into primary care physicians via Legislative Alchemy
Harpuia
(03-21-2017, 03:52 AM)
I always feel out of place whenever I take a trip to Staten island. Something about this place just feels like not-NYC.
adamsappel
(03-21-2017, 03:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Kinitari

It's not even a 'heat of the moment' sort of racism. She went home and put pen to paper, sealed that shit up and mailed it.

There's a scene in Talk Radio, the Oliver Stone film, where Alec Baldwin monologues about someone sending hate mail. I wish I could find a copy of the scene, it's one of his best.

Originally Posted by HStallion

It smells like regular Taco Bell

Legit LOL.
SilentRacoon
(03-21-2017, 04:01 AM)

Originally Posted by A Fish Aficionado

Lobbying and that sweet insurance cash. Legitimizing pseudoscience has been a slow creep.

Turning chiropractors into primary care physicians via Legislative Alchemy

Snake oil and Medicine shows are back in full force gentleman, what a retrograde joke of a country, just shameful, legitimizing pseudoscience in this day and age is some terrifying stuff.
Wood Man
(03-21-2017, 06:22 AM)
How can you live in New York City and be a racist?? That sounds exhausting.
Discotheque
Pam Oliver sextape
(03-21-2017, 06:28 AM)
God damn. That's some pure hate

Stereotyped her thinking she'd be an old white man but I shouldn't be surprised at who says shit like this anymore
Timedog
good credit (by proxy)
(03-21-2017, 06:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Lonewulfeus

Hey fuck you we don't want those shitholes! It's bad enough they were on jersey shore and people think that's what we're actually like. Also Staten Island smells like ass.

I don't know if New Jersey has room to talk about smelling.
arglebargle
(03-21-2017, 07:52 AM)

Originally Posted by SonofdonCD

I mean, yes, obviously it's an over-exaggeration. I'm from Staten Island, and I'm as liberal as most New Yorkers. The North Shore is generally more tolerable (there's a lot of artist-types that live there as well) with most minorities living there, with the South Shore way more conservative. None of my Staten Island friends voted for Trump. But overall, yes they did go for him, so the overall stereotype does have some truth to it.

Thank God for the other four boroughs, though.

i grew up on staten island and i am pretty liberal myself. so are my parents. unsurprisingly we did live on the north shore. this incident took place on the north shore, where north shore is defined as north of the expressway, which has always been my working definition.

Originally Posted by OG Shaka Zulu

No surprise. Staten Islanders watched police kill Eric Garner, a killing the coroner ruled a homicide, and decided nothing they saw was worthy of indictment.

And the island went for Trump. Nothing to do with race though, Staten Island just wants it's coal jobs back.

hahahahaha
Goose_Se7en
Banned
(03-21-2017, 09:15 AM)
Who gives a fuck about SI? The forgotten borough, no one cares about them. Last time I heard about them was after Sandy.

This chiro lady has gone crazy.
triplestation
Banned
(03-21-2017, 10:18 AM)
We don't talk about Staten island
jay
(03-21-2017, 03:52 PM)

Originally Posted by arglebargle

i grew up on staten island and i am pretty liberal myself. so are my parents. unsurprisingly we did live on the north shore. this incident took place on the north shore, where north shore is defined as north of the expressway, which has always been my working definition.

I represent a few people who are not conservative from the South Shore (as you may have figured out by driving to my house). Of course I moved and will never return because it's awful.
Air
(03-21-2017, 04:09 PM)
Warms my heart to see NYC gaffers disowning Staten Island
spindashing
Ku Klux Kawaii
(03-21-2017, 04:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Air

You aren't a New Yorker if you don't hate Staten Island really lmao
smokeymicpot
Beat EviLore at pool.
(03-21-2017, 04:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Air

I get it but assuming we are all assholes kind of is insulting.
Mesoian
(03-21-2017, 04:13 PM)

Originally Posted by entremet

As a NYer, Staten Island is very different. It's like another world.

It's true. My 4 years there were interesting, to say the least, but it's a real trip. One side of the street is 12 million dollar mansions, the other side of the street is literal crack dens. Everyone's mad all the time.

Shaolin is a trip.
RinsFury
(03-21-2017, 04:14 PM)
This is the new normal in Trumps America. White supremacists have taken control of the country, and racists everywhere can feel it.
Glix
(03-21-2017, 04:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Air

My girl went to Wagner, and our favorite restaurant is on SI and we still hate it.
Keasar
(03-21-2017, 04:21 PM)
Chiropractors don't belong in any doctor category but "quack".

What an awful person.
polyh3dron
couldn't find a lab with German shepherds
(03-21-2017, 04:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Slayven

Did the cop and child at least challenge the woman's views?

She is just going to retreat farther into her bubble

Oh, and be smug liberals who act superior? That kind of attitude is why Trump won!
Heshinsi
"playing" dumb? unpossible
(03-21-2017, 04:30 PM)

Originally Posted by EatinOlives

Funniest part is that she probably doesn't see herself as racist and will get super mad at you if you call her that.

After those comments, come on? She'd have to have split personalities not to realise she's a certified bigot.
ReplacementPelican
(03-21-2017, 04:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Heshinsi

After those comments, come on? She'd have to have split personalities not to realise she's a certified bigot.

People see a disconnect between being a 'racist' and saying racist things.

Noticed this in a show recently where a guy was saying how he hates Muslims (read: brown people) and black people but when told that was racist he objected to that wording and when pressed to define racism struggled before ultimately just saying he wasn't a racist.

I think 'racist' has gotten to the point when even genuine racists realise its a horrible fucking thing to be so just assume they aren't. It's weird but you have to be pretty fucking weird to hate different races anyway.
Durden77
(03-21-2017, 04:39 PM)

Originally Posted by BioHazard

Permanently closed

"She had durty fingers and she smelled like she just farted out some Taco Bell."

Anyone can suggest a location is permanently closed. I doubt it actually has been so quickly.

But hopefully it will, and either way it will help drive business away along with those reviews.
The Salt Life
(03-21-2017, 04:58 PM)

Originally Posted by spindashing

You aren't a New Yorker if you don't hate Staten Island really lmao

Not even true in the slightest