• @NeoGAF

OldMan
Banned
(04-21-2017, 12:46 PM)
Could be better, could be worse.
Messofanego
(04-21-2017, 12:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Tence

Haha. That song does suck. Seeing the video clip makes it even worse.
Some pasty ass white kid standing around a fire in an oil drum with his friends pretending to be the Wu-Tang clan or something.

Edit: This is the scene I meant lol.

Originally Posted by Melkezadek

Man..

So I decided to look up the video and it was real difficult to get through. First thing I say is "damn, 4 minutes". I didn't think I could hate the song any more than I already did, but I full on loathe it now. It's a perfect snapshot of the problem I've had with the song, initially. It sounded like some kid who thinks he's an old soul who's been through some deep, transformative journey. The "7 YEARS OLD" try hard gospel inspired hook really drives it home.

Appreciate you pointing me in that direction. I could write an essay on how much I hate it now, lol

Don't worry, I'll save you the essay by pointing towards Todd In The Shadows' video essay critique of "7 Years" :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiwA_BYttnI
Last edited by Messofanego; 04-21-2017 at 12:49 PM.
atomsk
Party Pooper
(04-21-2017, 01:04 PM)

Originally Posted by PHOENIXZERO

30 seconds... Nope. Sounds like something my area Rock station would play (and probably does and I forgot about it) along with that Blood in the Cut (thought it was Cup until I looked it up) song.

I think I've reached the point of changing over to classic rock radio.

K.Flay is awesome though
twinturbo2
butthurt Heat fan
(04-21-2017, 01:05 PM)
Pick a Nicki Minaj "song". Any one. Why this talentless hack still has a career is a mystery to me.
Takyon
(04-21-2017, 01:08 PM)

Originally Posted by twinturbo2

Pick a Nicki Minaj "song". Any one. Why this talentless hack still has a career is a mystery to me.

Superbass is alright
Stanng243
(04-21-2017, 01:19 PM)
It can't be worse than I spy
AGoodODST
(04-21-2017, 01:23 PM)

Originally Posted by DiscoJer

Cotton Eye Joe is pretty much the agreed on worst song ever.

The anthem to every child's school dance.
dreamcastfan

Originally Posted by Aaron Strife

Has anyone else heard this? It plays on the local radio all the time.

It's a song about how the singer is a loser and hates everyone. Every verse ends with "middle fingers in the air." Every verse is the exact same. It's like an anthem for douchebags.

Is it supposed to be ironic? I don't get it.

For those who haven't heard it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8TrJXTed5Vc

Do you ever "Whip your hair back and forth"? :P
thewaffles
That selfie song from a few years back takes it for me.
Cafeman
(04-21-2017, 01:24 PM)
Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
Fantastical
Death Prophet
(04-21-2017, 01:25 PM)
The worst popular song I've ever heard is that song that goes...
"La la la... Whatever.. la la la... It doesn't matter... La La la... Okay... La la la... WE'RE GOING AT IT TONIGHT... There's a party on the top of the Hollywood sign"
Markitron
Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
(04-21-2017, 01:29 PM)
CTRL+F Coldplay: 0 Results.

GAF you make me sick sometimes.
Tence
(04-21-2017, 01:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Melkezadek

Man..

So I decided to look up the video and it was real difficult to get through. First thing I say is "damn, 4 minutes". I didn't think I could hate the song any more than I already did, but I full on loathe it now. It's a perfect snapshot of the problem I've had with the song, initially. It sounded like some kid who thinks he's an old soul who's been through some deep, transformative journey. The "7 YEARS OLD" try hard gospel inspired hook really drives it home.

Appreciate you pointing me in that direction. I could write an essay on how much I hate it now, lol

Haha you're welcome!

Originally Posted by Messofanego

Don't worry, I'll save you the essay by pointing towards Todd In The Shadows' video essay critique of "7 Years" :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiwA_BYttnI

OMG that was great. The guy is so on point too. He describes everything I hate about that song :O
Skid 4 Dead
(04-21-2017, 01:49 PM)
Thanks for sharing, op. I actually loved it
creatchee
(04-21-2017, 01:52 PM)
I'm not sure what the worst song ever is, but I can pretty much guarandamntee that it's by The Chainsmokers.
PancakeBurglar
(04-21-2017, 01:54 PM)
It's bad but not the worst, I'm getting tired of hearing it on the radio at work though.
GeordieMark
(04-21-2017, 01:54 PM)
Pfft. Thats a shit song, but it doesn't come close to this absolute monstrosity.
ratcliffja
(04-21-2017, 02:00 PM)

Originally Posted by DiscoJer

Cotton Eye Joe is pretty much the agreed on worst song ever.

I will never get the hate for that song. I wouldn't call it good by any means but it never bothered me.
Gutek
(04-21-2017, 02:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Aaron Strife

Has anyone else heard this? It plays on the local radio all the time.

It's a song about how the singer is a loser and hates everyone. Every verse ends with "middle fingers in the air." Every verse is the exact same. It's like an anthem for douchebags.

Is it supposed to be ironic? I don't get it.

For those who haven't heard it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8TrJXTed5Vc

I can so easily top that. Same theme:

https://youtu.be/oROx873D6og