I told myself I was gonna post less in this game but that ship has sailed, come back, and sailed again. Oh well. Since I can't take that back, I'll just try to be very thorough.
A stray observation: now that I see people beginning to response to Blargs call, I think its potentially actively problematic. Not only are people already only posting about their assignments, but its actively encouraging fluff. No one wants to not-deliver on an assignment even if that person is basically null/not really present, so theyre just padding. I dont know if I find that helpful. It also potentially makes people who arent very active or who are coasting look active. Look, I read someone! Im totally town! Could make it harder to see the people who are actually inactive. Consider: yeah, making a reads list on nineteen people is hard. But so is reading fluff and padding from nineteen people.
But that could very well change tomorrow. I'm really not trying to be negative nancy here, but more to say - hey y'all, here's something to watch out for, just in case
. Which as Burb said, has less to do with Blarg's motivations for the mini-game and more to do with what happens because of it.
Anyway, reads. I hope to update those that need updating tomorrow before vote time.
01. [m] isaacnukem
- Came in and dropped a vote without saying anything about what was developing with Blarg. No read at this time but would like to see some activity. Id especially like to know about that Palmer vote. Why?
02. [m] Moonkid
- seems willing, bad timezone for live convos, but a null read at this time. I dont see the scum vibes others are reading but Ill pay sharp attention. Between the two, Id look more at isaacnukems questioning of the no-cop joke and because of the above (no cops?! scum party! except nah). That seems potentially scummier than Moonkid but for now, I think theyre just being new.
03. [they] Darryl
- aggressive. Reading town but such balls-out aggression isnt always super helpful for town because if the aggro poster seems confident but is wrong, can influence others who are more impressionable.
04. [m] Lifeline
- Dunno, not enough to read.
05. [m] SkyOdin
- Doubt scum, but I suspect Sky as neutral. Even granting internet and long post problems (hope that gets resolved for you, man; I liked your analyses last game) there still seems a surface approach/lack of willingness to engage here. I suspect a neutral win con that requires him lasting and even a shorter-length post Sky is analytical enough to get taken out by scum.
06. [f] hey_monkey - posts too goddamned much. should settle down. probably wont. hopes to live longer than in anime (that was the d3 thing, guys; it was a joke about dying d2 last game).
07. [m] SexyFish
- Dunno, not enough to read. Hope things improve for you.
08. [m] Dr. Worm
- Seems awfully trusting. Is that pro-town? Until I went back and re-read, I was leaning town on Dr. Worm but he trusted Palmer, Blargs idea (though did make some suggestions for improving it), and there was that bit with Natik0
that looks like a push but was actually not. His assigned reads were just summarizing. On the re-read, looks like someone who wants to appear to be hunting scum without actually pushing anything at all. Safe behavior.
09. [m] Palmer_v1
- Dat claim tho. Ive already posted on that. I think its not productive to chase Palmer over it even though it does ding my radar so Ill push him toward slight town.
10. [m] Blargonaut
- Some of my concerns about Palmers claim apply here. For both, it seems calculated. Heres how to play. Heres what to do. But Palmers forceful in general. I dont know enough of Blarg and from what I see said about him, no one really knows what to expect. I will say that theres a similarity with Swamped that Im going to address in another post. Im null-leaning slight scum at this time. There are things happening in his posts and they are inspiring discussion for sure but is it just noise? If its just noise, is it helpful to town at this juncture? Later, maybe. But d1 discussion is good, noise maybe less so. But well see as the day phase winds down. Also, Im torn on the avvy. Is it cute? Is it horrifying? Is it cutifying? Can I just vote your avatar?
11. [f] Sawneeks
- Town, I believe. Shes working to draw out others with strong, specific questions. It could be cover but it seems like a good way to foster scum-hunting in early game.
12. [m] 30yearsofhurt
- Id like to see those reads on Palmer and Dragonz. In anime I feel like you asked some good questions but didnt push enough. That doesnt mean you have to post a billion times like some monkey, but push. For now, null. Will update after I see the reads, perhaps.
13. [m] oreomunsta
- Before today, like Sky, I had you on a scum list, but not so much so that Id lynch you right now. That was weird, right? And what are the odds of two games, two scum roles? Its possible enough that Im not saying it clears you, but it quirks my curiosity a bit. But like Sky said, until today, you were posting stuff and nonsense. Only content was on Palmer and I disagree re: possible Godfather because his claim does invite a check/clear, but today youve been posting a bit of substance. But like Dragonz said of Palmer, you do seem like youre being awfully appeasing. Dislike Blargs plan but also see merit. Agreeing you could be scum read. Youre just not sure, etc. From someone else, Id read this as maybe scummy, but here I think its someone coming off a scum game and having to re-navigate the space. For now.
14. [m] BlackBuzzard
- BB seemed more into early discussion and scum-hunting in anime. Nothing at all of substance until today despite activity. Warned against people only supplying ideas based on Blargs list and then only answered Saws questions. Nothing else. Few reads offered were vague and primarily defensive. Right now, Im seeing scumBuzzard.
15. [m] Burbeting
- I think town but slippery. Youve poked a bit without making huge waves. Doesnt call attention to you as a target but is productive. For now, I like it.
16. [m] acohrs
- Playing it pretty cool and casual. By his own measure, thats scummy. Are you scummy? Not enough here for me to tell either way. Very surface. Some meta analysis on Palmers claim but thats really it.
17. [m] Natiko
- Lean very slight scum pending last day of day phase behavior. Avoids. Repeats instead of engages. But maybe just legitimately thinks hes being clear; seems frustrated at being misunderstood, and I can empathize. Not tops on my radar.
18. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz
- I misread Dragonz in our last game so Im gonna sit on this but right now my gut says town.
19. [f] Swamped
- See above. I will address Swamped in another post.
20. [m] StanleyPalmtree
- Null at this time. Stanley makes me laugh. I dont agree with his assessment of Blargs idea but other than that, a null read.
VOTE: Dr. Worm