• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Cornbread78
(01-05-2017, 04:10 PM)
Cornbread78's Avatar
Speaking of VNs on Vita...


Any more news on Clannad, Rewrite, Planetarian, Fruit of Grisaia and/or Little Busters being imported?
Shizuka
Member
(01-05-2017, 04:16 PM)
Shizuka's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cornbread78

Speaking of VNs on Vita...


Any more news on Clannad, Rewrite, Planetarian, Fruit of Grisaia and/or Little Busters being imported?

Fruit of Grisaia will probably come out late this year or the next. Clannad is likely, but we still don't know if it's being published in the West or if they'll can the english build they had. The rest will depend on VisualArts/Key publishing Clannad and enjoying the results.
Cornbread78
(01-05-2017, 04:33 PM)
Cornbread78's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shizuka

Fruit of Grisaia will probably come out late this year or the next. Clannad is likely, but we still don't know if it's being published in the West or if they'll can the english build they had. The rest will depend on VisualArts/Key publishing Clannad and enjoying the results.

I guess it's going to be sit and wait mode for awhile now on those...


I mean, they just need to be translated on Vita and then imported to NA/EU (I'd even take straight PSN releases) Hopefully, the Vita is still a viable option in the west for them to appear.
Basileus777
Member
(01-05-2017, 04:46 PM)
Basileus777's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cornbread78

I guess it's going to be sit and wait mode for awhile now on those...


I mean, they just need to be translated on Vita and then imported to NA/EU (I'd even take straight PSN releases) Hopefully, the Vita is still a viable option in the west for them to appear.

They don't need to be translated for the Vita as all of those games are being localized for the West on the PC. It'll probably be too late for Vita releases of Little Busters and Rewrite to be viable for localization though.
Cornbread78
(01-05-2017, 05:04 PM)
Cornbread78's Avatar

Originally Posted by Basileus777

They don't need to be translated for the Vita as all of those games are being localized for the West on the PC. It'll probably be too late for Vita releases of Little Busters and Rewrite to be viable for localization though.

Dammit, I will create a random Twitter rant and get the people behind me! It was discussed on and off for the past couple years, but still nothing. I'll just take low investment PSN releases... c'mon..
Shizuka
Member
(01-05-2017, 07:12 PM)
Shizuka's Avatar
I'll be happy if we get the Vita ports promised in past Kickstarter campaigns this year. Muv Luv, Sharin no Kuni, the Grisaia trilogy and the other Sekai Project titles.
HideyoshiJP
Member
(01-05-2017, 07:24 PM)
HideyoshiJP's Avatar
Hm. City Shrouded in Shadows looks neat. I need to investigate this.
Cornbread78
(01-05-2017, 07:51 PM)
Cornbread78's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shizuka

I'll be happy if we get the Vita ports promised in past Kickstarter campaigns this year. Muv Luv, Sharin no Kuni, the Grisaia trilogy and the other Sekai Project titles.


Have they said anything since?
Shizuka
Member
(01-05-2017, 07:53 PM)
Shizuka's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cornbread78

Have they said anything since?

Root Double and Fault Milestone One are coming out Q1 2017.
Cornbread78
(01-05-2017, 07:58 PM)
Cornbread78's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shizuka

Root Double and Fault Milestone One are coming out Q1 2017.


What about Grisaia?
Shizuka
Member
(01-05-2017, 08:34 PM)
Shizuka's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cornbread78

What about Grisaia?

They haven't reannounced the title like they did with Narcissu and World End Economica yet, I think it'll come after all the other ones happen.
Cornbread78
(01-05-2017, 08:47 PM)
Cornbread78's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shizuka

They haven't reannounced the title like they did with Narcissu and World End Economica yet, I think it'll come after all the other ones happen.


Well, I'm eagerly waiting for Narcissu, so that's a start.
foobarry81
Member
(01-06-2017, 01:38 AM)
foobarry81's Avatar
Eastasiasoft is planning another physical release after Söldner-X 2. No collaboration with LRG. Another Vita game?

eastasiasoft ‏@eastasiasoft 2 min.
Our next physical release is currently slated for April. We will have more details soon...


https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/sta...82665270923264

eastasiasoft ‏@eastasiasoft 35 sec.
It will be a licensed title, not a reprint of one of our games...


https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/sta...83841177649152
Last edited by foobarry81; 01-06-2017 at 01:43 AM.
Shizuka
Member
(01-06-2017, 01:51 AM)
Shizuka's Avatar

Originally Posted by foobarry81

Eastasiasoft is planning another physical release after Söldner-X 2. No collaboration with LRG. Another Vita game?

eastasiasoft ‏@eastasiasoft 2 min.
Our next physical release is currently slated for April. We will have more details soon...


https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/sta...82665270923264

eastasiasoft ‏@eastasiasoft 35 sec.
It will be a licensed title, not a reprint of one of our games...


https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/sta...83841177649152

Are they supposed to be acting as a LRG of sorts for that April title?
foobarry81
Member
(01-06-2017, 02:02 AM)
foobarry81's Avatar
Some more stuff from the comments:

eastasiasoft ‏@eastasiasoft 1 min
@irishnerd47 Rainbow Skies won't be ready in April, it will probably come this summer. Physical potentially few months later.

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/sta...82665270923264

And on the title for April:

~~~Oldmaru~~~ ‏@oldmario 21 min
@eastasiasoft is this title already out in japan?

eastasiasoft ‏@eastasiasoft 3 min
@oldmario No

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/sta...83841177649152
Kresnik258
Member
(01-06-2017, 02:14 AM)
Kresnik258's Avatar

Originally Posted by foobarry81

Some more stuff from the comments:

eastasiasoft ‏@eastasiasoft 1 min
@irishnerd47 Rainbow Skies won't be ready in April, it will probably come this summer. Physical potentially few months later.

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/sta...82665270923264

And on the title for April:

~~~Oldmaru~~~ ‏@oldmario 21 min
@eastasiasoft is this title already out in japan?

eastasiasoft ‏@eastasiasoft 3 min
@oldmario No

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/sta...83841177649152

Eastasiasoft published Bard's Gold for Asia:

http://www.eastasiasoft.com/index.ph...-december-15th

Obviously not this since its out in Japan, but I'd expext something like that - an indie title where they're handling eastern publishing duties.

This is actually a pretty interesting turn of events. EAS encroaching on LRG's space now? Doug did say that they teach the devs how to press their own games should they ever want to, which is what they're doing for Soldner.

I'd guess EAS' and LRG's relationship is done now and they'll handle all their own physical releasea going forward.
2+2=5
The Amiga Brotherhood
(01-06-2017, 11:21 AM)
2+2=5's Avatar
Nippon ichi opened a teaser site for what it looks like a murder mistery game
http://nippon1.jp/consumer/new_title_170106/

No platform announced though.
Shizuka
Member
(01-06-2017, 11:33 AM)
Shizuka's Avatar

Originally Posted by foobarry81

Some more stuff from the comments:

eastasiasoft ‏@eastasiasoft 1 min
@irishnerd47 Rainbow Skies won't be ready in April, it will probably come this summer. Physical potentially few months later.

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/sta...82665270923264

And on the title for April:

~~~Oldmaru~~~ ‏@oldmario 21 min
@eastasiasoft is this title already out in japan?

eastasiasoft ‏@eastasiasoft 3 min
@oldmario No

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/sta...83841177649152

It's most likely another asian, non-japanese title.
Kresnik258
Member
(01-06-2017, 01:13 PM)
Kresnik258's Avatar

Originally Posted by 2+2=5

Nippon ichi opened a teaser site for what it looks like a murder mistery game
http://nippon1.jp/consumer/new_title_170106/

No platform announced though.

Probably their Switch game.

Which is a shame, because I'm always down for more murder-mystery.
purseowner
Member
(01-06-2017, 01:25 PM)
purseowner's Avatar

Originally Posted by 2+2=5

Nippon ichi opened a teaser site for what it looks like a murder mistery game
http://nippon1.jp/consumer/new_title_170106/

No platform announced though.

This looks like exactly what I might need to fill the void in a post-ZE world.
Saphirax
Member
(01-06-2017, 01:35 PM)
Saphirax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kresnik258

Probably their Switch game.

Which is a shame, because I'm always down for more murder-mystery.

It could always not be exclusive!
UCBooties
Member
(01-06-2017, 01:45 PM)
UCBooties's Avatar
I'm glad we're still getting so much good stuff but damn do some of the JP only games look good.
Grim Patron
Banned
(01-06-2017, 01:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Kresnik258

Probably their Switch game.

Which is a shame, because I'm always down for more murder-mystery.

Can't wait for it to be censored in NA
Quixzlizx
Member
(01-06-2017, 02:47 PM)
Quixzlizx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grim Patron

Can't wait for it to be censored in NA

I think it's mostly the Nintendo-published games that get censored.
Clive
Member
(01-06-2017, 04:02 PM)
Clive's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quixzlizx

I think it's mostly the Nintendo-published games that get censored.

Only Nintendo-published games. The rest are up to the ESRB just like with Sony. Tons of censored Vita and PS4 games out there.
Quixzlizx
Member
(01-06-2017, 07:24 PM)
Quixzlizx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Clive

Only Nintendo-published games. The rest are up to the ESRB just like with Sony. Tons of censored Vita and PS4 games out there.

There aren't tons of censored Vita and PS4 games out there.

In fact, the only ones I'm aware of are games that have been completely banned on GAF :lol
Kresnik258
Member
(01-06-2017, 08:38 PM)
Kresnik258's Avatar

Originally Posted by Saphirax

It could always not be exclusive!

Yeah, I thought of that as I posted lol. Vita/Switch makes sense for 2017 at least.
Clive
Member
(01-06-2017, 09:23 PM)
Clive's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quixzlizx

There aren't tons of censored Vita and PS4 games out there.

In fact, the only ones I'm aware of are games that have been completely banned on GAF :lol

There are lots of them and more releasing all the time. Tales of Berseria is up next. There are almost no censored third party games on Nintendo consoles while there are lots/many/tons on PS consoles.

Some with altered contents are Tales of Berseria, Street Fighter V, God Eater 2/Resurrection and a handful of Vita games. There are also many instances with "altered cover art" which is for the ESRB. They are the "crook" here, not Nintendo.
calc84maniac
Member
(01-06-2017, 09:44 PM)
calc84maniac's Avatar

Originally Posted by Clive

There are lots of them and more releasing all the time. Tales of Berseria is up next. There are almost no censored third party games on Nintendo consoles while there are lots/many/tons on PS consoles.

Some with altered contents are Tales of Berseria, Street Fighter V, God Eater 2/Resurrection and a handful of Vita games. There are also many instances with "altered cover art" which is for the ESRB. They are the "crook" here, not Nintendo.

Was God Eater 2 even censored? I heard that Resurrection removed a blood splatter effect to get it down to the same T rating as GE2, because otherwise it couldn't be bundled as a preorder bonus.

Also, you speak as if there are "lots/many/tons" of third party games being localized on Nintendo consoles in the first place.
foobarry81
Member
(01-06-2017, 09:54 PM)
foobarry81's Avatar

Originally Posted by calc84maniac

Also, you speak as if there are "lots/many/tons" of third party games being localized on Nintendo consoles in the first place.

It never ceases to amaze me how fast discussions involving Nintendo consoles get derailed by ill-informed people (some people would say "trolls" even). Time and again... like clockwork almost.

Taking a look at these numbers, the NES saw 72 games released in the United States by Nintendo, with a further 590 games coming from third parties. The SNES breakdown was 52/667, the N64 was 53/244, the GameCube had 48/504 and the Wii a staggering 55/1206.

Now to the Wii U. To date Nintendo has released 39 games in the US, while third parties have released just 118. It’s important to note that the Wii U figure doesn’t include games (like indie titles) that were only released digitally.

Source: http://kotaku.com/the-wii-u-has-no-g...udy-1784419013
Last edited by foobarry81; 01-06-2017 at 09:58 PM.
Quixzlizx
Member
(01-06-2017, 09:54 PM)
Quixzlizx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Clive

There are lots of them and more releasing all the time. Tales of Berseria is up next. There are almost no censored third party games on Nintendo consoles while there are lots/many/tons on PS consoles.

Some with altered contents are Tales of Berseria, Street Fighter V, God Eater 2/Resurrection and a handful of Vita games. There are also many instances with "altered cover art" which is for the ESRB. They are the "crook" here, not Nintendo.

I guess you're mad due to console wars, but Nintendo is the publisher who releases games in Japan and then self-censors the games for western markets, which is what my point was. So whomever I originally responded to probably doesn't have to worry about NISA censoring a Switch game. And Nintendo self-censors cover art as well, like they did with Bravely Default

And I thought Street Fighter V was changed in all regions due to fan backlash.
Clive
Member
(01-06-2017, 10:02 PM)
Clive's Avatar

Originally Posted by calc84maniac

Was God Eater 2 even censored? I heard that Resurrection removed a blood splatter effect to get it down to the same T rating as GE2, because otherwise it couldn't be bundled as a preorder bonus.

Also, you speak as if there are "lots/many/tons" of third party games being localized on Nintendo consoles in the first place.

I don't think God Eater 2 was censored in itself. There are many third party games being localized for the 3DS. Not that this has to do with anything. Nintendo does not censor what they do not publish and that is what the discussion is about.

Of course the reason you see more censorship on PS consoles because they get more localized games. Why doesn't anyone attack Sony for this? Because it's not their fault just like third party censorship on Nintendo consoles isn't Nintendo's fault. Nintendo does however get attacked for it like above. A NIS(A) game is implied to get censored in America because it (hypothetically) is for a Nintendo console.
Last edited by Clive; 01-06-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Sumio Mondo
Member
(01-06-2017, 11:10 PM)
Sumio Mondo's Avatar

Originally Posted by 2+2=5

Nippon ichi opened a teaser site for what it looks like a murder mistery game
http://nippon1.jp/consumer/new_title_170106/

No platform announced though.

Not getting my hopes up for localization after NIS skipped over pretty much all of their internal Visual Novels/Adventure games like Shin Hayarigami 1 & 2.
i-Jest
Member
(01-07-2017, 01:45 AM)
i-Jest's Avatar
Off topic but today I was able to get Tales of Hearts R and found out the Vita Browser can run YouTube Video. I was pleasantly surprised the browser still had some relevant use. Gonna try to get Operation Abyss and Demon Gaze next, before they become next to impossible to track.

Vita means life and mine is still kicking strong.
LiveFromKyoto
make it rain, motherfucker
(01-07-2017, 01:59 AM)
LiveFromKyoto's Avatar
So I purchased the PSP Sega Genesis Collection via the PSN store...is there any way to get this onto my Vita without a PS3?
Lord of Ostia
Member
(01-07-2017, 02:05 AM)
Lord of Ostia's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sumio Mondo

Not getting my hopes up for localization after NIS skipped over pretty much all of their internal Visual Novels/Adventure games like Shin Hayarigami 1 & 2.

That could change since they've been successful over here with Danganronpa.
incpdo
Member
(01-07-2017, 03:56 PM)
incpdo's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiveFromKyoto

So I purchased the PSP Sega Genesis Collection via the PSN store...is there any way to get this onto my Vita without a PS3?

I don't think so . But check the download list from your vita to see if it's "available". Officially apart from that way there is no other way . I think you probably will need to put some cfw in your vita and use a modified version of the content manager.
Ruud_Luiten
Member
(01-07-2017, 10:59 PM)
Ruud_Luiten's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiveFromKyoto

So I purchased the PSP Sega Genesis Collection via the PSN store...is there any way to get this onto my Vita without a PS3?

If you got an EU account it is possible to download the game directly from you vita download list.
michaelius
Member
(01-07-2017, 11:02 PM)
michaelius's Avatar

Originally Posted by 2+2=5

Nippon ichi opened a teaser site for what it looks like a murder mistery game
http://nippon1.jp/consumer/new_title_170106/

No platform announced though.

Would it be that idol death game maybe ? After Danganronpa success it looks like likely candidate.
Pellegri Testament
Member
(01-07-2017, 11:09 PM)
Pellegri Testament's Avatar

Originally Posted by michaelius

Would it be that idol death game maybe ? After Danganronpa success it looks like likely candidate.

Idol Death Game TV from D3 already came and went. It bombed...hard, because it sucked. Nobody wants to watch idol waifus get killed.
Last edited by Pellegri Testament; 01-07-2017 at 11:14 PM.
LiveFromKyoto
make it rain, motherfucker
(01-08-2017, 10:07 AM)
LiveFromKyoto's Avatar

Originally Posted by incpdo

I don't think so . But check the download list from your vita to see if it's "available". Officially apart from that way there is no other way . I think you probably will need to put some cfw in your vita and use a modified version of the content manager.

Fortunately I was able to get my hands on a PS3 & make it happen. The Genesis games look amazing on the OLED, the sound emulation's not perfect but overall totally worth it. I may finally finish Phantasy Star II after all these years, never come across a better medium for it.
michaelius
Member
(01-08-2017, 10:15 AM)
michaelius's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pellegri Testament

Idol Death Game TV from D3 already came and went. It bombed...hard, because it sucked. Nobody wants to watch idol waifus get killed.

I want :) I was thinking it's teaser for western release
robotnik
Member
(01-08-2017, 10:22 AM)
robotnik's Avatar

Originally Posted by michaelius

I want :) I was thinking it's teaser for western release

It's teaser from NIS, not NISA.
Kresnik258
Member
(01-08-2017, 11:50 AM)
Kresnik258's Avatar
Another new year, another potential Vita port cancelled. Siralim 2 on the ropes:

http://thylacinestudios.com/forums/a...retrospective/

Work on Siralim 2 is coming to an end now, with only some bug/crash fixes left in the pipeline along with a Playstation 4 and possible Xbox One release. The game might also work its way to PS Vita at some point, but the fact is, Vita is pretty much dead and it's incredibly difficult to optimize the game for such a weak device anyway.

At least it's a "maybe" rather than a "no", but I hope this isn't like last January where a number of games I was really looking forward to are canned.
foobarry81
Member
(01-08-2017, 12:06 PM)
foobarry81's Avatar
Lol @ "it's incredibly difficult to optimize the game for such a weak device anyway".

This is one of the reasons that gets me a bit worried about LRG's plans to get some developers to port their games to Vita when "the proceedings of the limited run cover the porting costs". Optimizing games for the system takes time (ergo money), so I fear they might end up releasing quite a number of shoddy ports.
spannicus
Member
(01-08-2017, 12:10 PM)
spannicus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kresnik258

Another new year, another potential Vita port cancelled. Siralim 2 on the ropes:

http://thylacinestudios.com/forums/a...retrospective/



At least it's a "maybe" rather than a "no", but I hope this isn't like last January where a number of games I was really looking forward to are canned.

This is how i feel about all the telltale games that were supposedly coming to the vita in that sony e3 slide show. Hopefully we get crossing souls.
Powwa
Member
(01-08-2017, 12:36 PM)
Powwa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kresnik258

Another new year, another potential Vita port cancelled. Siralim 2 on the ropes:

http://thylacinestudios.com/forums/a...retrospective/



At least it's a "maybe" rather than a "no", but I hope this isn't like last January where a number of games I was really looking forward to are canned.

And nothing of value was lost.

Nobody told me that Grand Kingdom was such an addicting game, probably one of the most enjoyable experiences on Vita for me this year.
Kresnik258
Member
(01-08-2017, 12:40 PM)
Kresnik258's Avatar

Originally Posted by Powwa

And nothing of value was lost.

Disagree. Siralim 1 was fun and I hear the sequel improves on it in almost every way.
Shinriji
Member
(01-08-2017, 01:12 PM)
Shinriji's Avatar

Originally Posted by foobarry81

Lol @ "it's incredibly difficult to optimize the game for such a weak device anyway".

Siralim is the ugliest game that I have on vita, poor 2D sprites, screen tearing, etc. Even Dragon Warrior NES was way better than this.
Last edited by Shinriji; 01-08-2017 at 01:36 PM.
cj_iwakura
Member
(01-08-2017, 01:27 PM)
cj_iwakura's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pellegri Testament

Idol Death Game TV from D3 already came and went. It bombed...hard, because it sucked. Nobody wants to watch idol waifus get killed.

On the bright(?) side, bombs sometimes make a localization more likely, since devs want to make back lost money.

Thread Tools