• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Funyarinpa
(02-25-2017, 05:16 PM)

Originally Posted by T8SC

I just finished this game last night, I've never played a Persona game before, but bought this based on recommendations here & various other sites. I needed a good game for the Vita and I definitely got it here.

This is definitely one of the best games I've ever played. The story, characters & music were all fantastic. I loved how it took awhile to properly get into the game, building the world & characters, very different from how a lot of games are made these days, where it's action from the first minute to keep some people's short attention.

Only managed around 50% of the trophies so I'll have to play New Game + at some point, but I want to forget as much as possible before I try again so it feels like a fresh experience again and I'll have to get Persona 5 too.

So yeah, this is a fantastic game, probably the best last gen game and its perfect on the Vita too.

I didn't know it was possible to stand on your face.

Persona is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey...

All P-GAF knows this from birth...

Welcome to this space between dreams and reality, which we call the Persona 5 release wind- ahem, I mean,The Velvet Room.
Last edited by Funyarinpa; 02-25-2017 at 05:18 PM.
T8SC
(02-25-2017, 07:36 PM)
I need to pick up The Animation series boxset on Blu-Ray. Looks good.
chunk3rvd
(03-21-2017, 01:07 AM)
Just about to tackle the 3rd dungeon. I'm finding that there's no point in switching Kanji in as he's 10+ levels lower than everyone else. Also, no point in ever switching personas as I've had that many lvl up cards or +1 stat card that my current persona has way better stats than anything I could fuse

Is this all pretty normal? If so, I'm thinking of just sticking to the OG 4 for my first playtbrough then exploring some of the other characters in NG+?
DieNgamers
(03-22-2017, 09:01 AM)
Am I missing something with this game?

I went in unprepared but so far it has been "run from point A to point B to experience walls of dialogue". Well, I got sucked into a TV and fought some kind of shadow there but overall it has been painfully uneventful and slow. The murder mystery is kind of interesting...Dat padding though.

Does the gameplay loop change up a bit? I'm not a fan of interactive movies...Maybe it's not for me or I'm way to impatient.
Lusankya
(03-22-2017, 03:14 PM)

Originally Posted by DieNgamers

I went in unprepared but so far it has been "run from point A to point B to experience walls of dialogue". Well, I got sucked into a TV and fought some kind of shadow there but overall it has been painfully uneventful and slow. The murder mystery is kind of interesting...Dat padding though.

Does the gameplay loop change up a bit? I'm not a fan of interactive movies...Maybe it's not for me or I'm way to impatient.

If you're not used to these types of games the beginning can be quite slow. But after a while you'll get lots of dungeons to explore and battles to fight plus the sim aspect of the game opens up.
Lunar15
(03-22-2017, 03:45 PM)

The beginning is a lot of setup and doesn't allow you much freedom. Once you hit the first dungeon then the game backs off a bit and lets you decide how you want to spend your time.
_Ryo_
(03-22-2017, 04:16 PM)

If you're just beginning the game takes anywhere from 3 to 6 hours to pick up.
DieNgamers
(03-22-2017, 07:52 PM)
Alright! I'll give it a chance, of course. There are elements I like...You have to be in the mood for it.
hampig
(03-22-2017, 08:41 PM)

Alright! I'll give it a chance, of course. There are elements I like...You have to be in the mood for it.

To me it sounds like it might not be your kind of game. The reason I loved it was those walls of text. The social links are at the core of the game and if you don't like them then you might as well just play something else imo.
DieNgamers
(03-22-2017, 09:30 PM)

Originally Posted by hampig

To me it sounds like it might not be your kind of game. The reason I loved it was those walls of text. The social links are at the core of the game and if you don't like them then you might as well just play something else imo.

Well, there are RPGs where I like those kind of things. I just wasn't sure how the game is gonna progress from where I am because so far it has been EXTREMELY linear. It's not like the characters are totally uninteresting. The mystery that was established in the beginning is cool, too. I just hope there's more gameplay in the following hours. :)

I want to like it and the chance that I'll look for things to appreciate rather than stuff to nitpick on is rather high.

Considering how everyone loves these games there has to be something I missed. I'm at the beginning – some games have a slow start, indeed.
Sulik2
(04-17-2017, 07:06 PM)
I am way, way behind the curve on this game, but finally started playing it last night. The characters and strangeness of the setting have me hooked already. Wished i had played this sooner, living up to the hype in the first five hours. Chie is super annoying though. Hopefully I get another party member and can swap her out soon.
Funyarinpa
(04-17-2017, 10:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Sulik2

I am way, way behind the curve on this game, but finally started playing it last night. The characters and strangeness of the setting have me hooked already. Wished i had played this sooner, living up to the hype in the first five hours. Chie is super annoying though. Hopefully I get another party member and can swap her out soon.

The first five hours are about the only part of the game I see get criticized (except the dungeon designs).

If you're already enjoying it so far, boy are you in for a ride.
Curufinwe
(04-18-2017, 03:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Sulik2

I think her VA gets less annoying as the game goes on.

P4 had a different, older-sounding VA for Chie.