• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Lunar FC
Member
(08-11-2016, 07:00 AM)
Lunar FC's Avatar




















Last edited by Lunar FC; 08-13-2016 at 05:00 AM.
T-Rex.
Member
(08-11-2016, 07:51 AM)
T-Rex.'s Avatar
Just had a look at the opening fixtures again and I love the schedule. Hull vs Leicester early kick off on Saturday followed by Everton vs Tottenham and then Man City vs Sunderland. Should be a good one.
gutter_trash
(08-11-2016, 07:53 AM)
gutter_trash's Avatar
SLB, SLB SLB SLB SLB Glorioso SLB
Last edited by gutter_trash; 08-11-2016 at 07:58 AM.
spidye
Member
(08-11-2016, 08:22 AM)
Praise carlo the messiah
Syder
Member
(08-11-2016, 10:19 AM)
Syder's Avatar
Let's do this, boysssss!
Fakeknowledge
Member
(08-11-2016, 10:35 AM)
Fakeknowledge's Avatar
2 days

3 days for Liverpool
Blablurn
Member
(08-11-2016, 10:40 AM)
Blablurn's Avatar
Bayern München
Beefy
Member
(08-11-2016, 10:55 AM)
Beefy's Avatar
Conformation from Sky Sources that Jonathan Woodgate has been appointed as a scout for @LFC ... More on Sky Sports News shortly. #ssnhq

TRANSFER CENTRE: The news latest as Shkodran Mustafi 'agrees personal terms' @Arsenal: https://t.co/ubmYzIHkLK #AFC https://t.co/N4uWTfFtIc
Last edited by Beefy; 08-11-2016 at 11:16 AM.
RiggyRob
Member
(08-11-2016, 11:19 AM)
RiggyRob's Avatar
Glorious thread title and banner.
Lashley
Banned
(08-11-2016, 11:35 AM)
Mustafi close to joining us

<33
la_briola
Member
(08-11-2016, 11:45 AM)
la_briola's Avatar
I'm still a Frankfurt supporter, but not listed!
Meneses
Member
(08-11-2016, 11:57 AM)
Meneses's Avatar

Originally Posted by gutter_trash

SLB, SLB SLB SLB SLB Glorioso SLB

.
bjaelke
Member
(08-11-2016, 12:03 PM)
bjaelke's Avatar
Why is copenhagen even on that list? No one in their right mind supports that club.
WhateverItTakes
Member
(08-11-2016, 12:08 PM)
WhateverItTakes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fakeknowledge

2 days

3 days for Liverpool

Just an extra day for the nanomachines to fix Sturridge.

And sell Benteke. Please sell Benteke.

And buy a left back. For the love of god can we get a left back for Christ's sake.
cyber_ninja
More like Year One Edition
(08-11-2016, 12:32 PM)
cyber_ninja's Avatar
The wait is almost over. C'mon United!!!

Audioboxer
Banned
(08-11-2016, 12:39 PM)
Audioboxer's Avatar
From old thread about Mahrez but quoting into new

Originally Posted by Infernostew

I completely forgot he was on the pitch for the match. He's better off staying if Arsenal are the club thats interested in him.

Arsenal ain't that bad :P

They just like to shit the bed under pressure, and Wenger usually loses the plot mid~end season. I think Mahrez would be a great signing for them and I do think Arsenal will go further than Leicester in the CL.

Right now I'd be a bit more uncertain as a Liverpool fan about the coming season.
Infernostew
Member
(08-11-2016, 12:40 PM)
Infernostew's Avatar

Originally Posted by Audioboxer

From old thread about Mahrez but quoting into new



Arsenal ain't that bad :P

They just like to shit the bed under pressure, and Wenger usually loses the plot mid~end season. I think Mahrez would be a great signing for them and I do think Arsenal will go further than Leicester in the CL.

Another midfielder is the last thing Arsenal needs though. They need to get their defense in order first and foremost.
wolfwolfwolf
Member
(08-11-2016, 12:42 PM)
wolfwolfwolf's Avatar

Originally Posted by Infernostew

Another midfielder is the last thing Arsenal needs though. They need to get their defense in order first and foremost.

Mustafi should be done in the next day or two.

If the interest in Mahrez is real then it will be instead of a forward.
Audioboxer
Banned
(08-11-2016, 12:43 PM)
Audioboxer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Infernostew

Another midfielder is the last thing Arsenal needs though. They need to get their defense in order first and foremost.

I can't disagree with that. Liverpool also in defence.

I've always said as long as you outscore your opponents who cares about clean sheets? This season though I think defence will be more important than ever. Crazy amounts of attacking quality in the prem league, and some seriously suspicious defending setups.

It's what annoyed me under LVG. I couldn't have cared less about clean sheets and possession, Leceister won the league with low possession and conceding, they just scored more. Much like United under Fergie. Although yeah at the end run in they had tons of 1-0 wins, but that was squeaky bum time and they were under insane pressure in the final month(s).

2-1, 3-2 and even 4-3 is far more exciting than trying to grind 1-0, and maybe ending up with 1-1, or worse, 0-0. Sure winning is always key, but as I said with the amount of attacking quality in the league you should expect to concede some goals and just be focused on scoring more yourself. Not obsessing over defence to the point where your attacking play suffers immensely. Or some would say ends up castrated.

But no you don't want to go too far the other way either and like Arsenal have silky attacking play with a goal or two, but insanely bad defending so you end up losing 3-2 or 2-1 in the final 1/3rd of game time.
Last edited by Audioboxer; 08-11-2016 at 12:48 PM.
CecilRousso
Member
(08-11-2016, 12:46 PM)
CecilRousso's Avatar

Originally Posted by WhateverItTakes

And sell Benteke. Please sell Benteke.

We're waiting at Selhurst Park for him, with open arms and cheque books (for his salary at least). Just get him on a f*cking train to London! :)
Audioboxer
Banned
(08-11-2016, 12:59 PM)
Audioboxer's Avatar

Originally Posted by CecilRousso

We're waiting at Selhurst Park for him, with open arms and cheque books (for his salary at least). Just get him on a f*cking train to London! :)

Would be a great signing for CP.

Benteke has goals in him, he just isn't going to work at Liverpool.
Pachimari
Member
(08-11-2016, 01:03 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar
Let's get some more fans of Spanish football in here.
Audioboxer
Banned
(08-11-2016, 01:17 PM)
Audioboxer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Madridista

Let's get some more fans of Spanish football in here.

I'm okay with this.

It is German Football-GAF I've learned to become wary of as I've entered the Football world on this board :P
la_briola
Member
(08-11-2016, 01:19 PM)
la_briola's Avatar

Originally Posted by Audioboxer

I'm okay with this.

It is German Football-GAF I've learned to become wary of as I've entered the Football world on this board :P

too many Bayern supporters though
Audioboxer
Banned
(08-11-2016, 01:23 PM)
Audioboxer's Avatar

Originally Posted by la_briola

too many Bayern supporters though

The only thing I'm happy about is I learned cooking with Gotze was/is a thing. Crazy Germans.

Cooking with Rooney must be a thing that happens in private.
Last edited by Audioboxer; 08-11-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Jarnet87
Member
(08-11-2016, 01:31 PM)
Jarnet87's Avatar
I am ready to see the disgusted look on Ibra and Mou's face when Rooney fucks up every attack this weekend
Audioboxer
Banned
(08-11-2016, 01:36 PM)
Audioboxer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jarnet87

I am ready to see the disgusted look on Ibra and Mou's face when Rooney fucks up every attack this weekend

I'm quite happy Ibra got vice-captain. Rooney needs a massive boot up his ass.

I'm not of the belief he has nothing left to offer anymore, but damn has he fizzled out in passion/aggression and belief the last few years.

He plays like a player that needs a new challenge and is "fed up" at United, and that sucks as our captain. Rooney should have the self belief and passion of someone like Ibra who is years older than him, especially with being captain at a club like United. It's really this season or bust with the United fans if you ask me. The majority still stand by our captain but man the private thoughts of many of us are pretty seething around Rooney just now. It's sad because he has given so much and still has the ability to, he just needs to show it more. Especially for what he gets paid and the fact he is the captain.

Hope Mou can revitalize him. Hope Ibra can scare him when he is doing shit. Hope Pogba can feed into some aggression/passion. Hope Fellaini can get sold because Fellaini is Fellaini and Fellaini is the worst.
Last edited by Audioboxer; 08-11-2016 at 01:42 PM.
Carbonox
Member
(08-11-2016, 02:08 PM)
Carbonox's Avatar
Newcastle should start fining Sissoko every time he opens his moronic mouth.

"I'm still waiting for Real Madrid to sign me"

Still fucking going on.
NHale
Member
(08-11-2016, 02:13 PM)
NHale's Avatar

Originally Posted by Audioboxer

Hope Fellaini can get sold because Fellaini is Fellaini and Fellaini is the worst.

For some reason I really believe Mourinho likes Fellaini. I always thought he would never even been able to train with the main squad considering how in the last 2/3 years he simply forgot basic tactical assingments (especially with Belgium) which is a big no-no under Mourinho. But on Sunday the guy seemed like a different player (except for the critical error which was the only big mistake).

He spent most of the game in control, recovered a lot of balls, gave 2 or 3 elbows which is something Mourinho enjoys and provided some aerial support. I would be surprised if he's not starting against Bournemouth.
Audioboxer
Banned
(08-11-2016, 02:23 PM)
Audioboxer's Avatar

Originally Posted by NHale

For some reason I really believe Mourinho likes Fellaini. I always thought he would never even been able to train with the main squad considering how in the last 2/3 years he simply forgot basic tactical assingments (especially with Belgium) which is a big no-no under Mourinho. But on Sunday the guy seemed like a different player (except for the critical error which was the only big mistake).

He spent most of the game in control, recovered a lot of balls, gave 2 or 3 elbows which is something Mourinho enjoys and provided some aerial support. I would be surprised if he's not starting against Bournemouth.

Well he can play a role when needed, I just don't want to see him play at the expense of some of our other players. Fair play to him though if he does manage to reinvent himself.

The bigger issue is I expect as usual for him to be the one who does make the critical mistake. More so by getting sent off though when he lashes out. If he keeps that under-wraps I guess he has a use.
Blablurn
Member
(08-11-2016, 02:29 PM)
Blablurn's Avatar


too much talent
sora87
Member
(08-11-2016, 02:33 PM)
sora87's Avatar
Wonder how Vardy will feel if both Kante and Mahrez fuck off after he committed to the club
Audioboxer
Banned
(08-11-2016, 02:40 PM)
Audioboxer's Avatar

Originally Posted by sora87

Wonder how Vardy will feel if both Kante and Mahrez fuck off after he committed to the club

It is all about the beast that is Robert Huth anyway.
Kill3r7
Member
(08-11-2016, 02:43 PM)
Kill3r7's Avatar

Originally Posted by NHale

For some reason I really believe Mourinho likes Fellaini. I always thought he would never even been able to train with the main squad considering how in the last 2/3 years he simply forgot basic tactical assingments (especially with Belgium) which is a big no-no under Mourinho. But on Sunday the guy seemed like a different player (except for the critical error which was the only big mistake).

He spent most of the game in control, recovered a lot of balls, gave 2 or 3 elbows which is something Mourinho enjoys and provided some aerial support. I would be surprised if he's not starting against Bournemouth.

Agreed. His size makes him an asset under Mourinho, who is not opposed to playing ugly in order to win. Fellaini might not start many games but he certainly will get some playing time.
Audioboxer
Banned
(08-11-2016, 02:45 PM)
Audioboxer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kill3r7

Agreed. His size makes him an asset under Mourinho, who is not opposed to playing ugly in order to win. Fellaini might not start many games but he certainly will get some playing time.

So what you are saying is Fellaini starting at the weekend and Pogba on the bench confirmed? :P
Jarnet87
Member
(08-11-2016, 03:17 PM)
Jarnet87's Avatar
expect it to be the same starting 11 for United, maybe Mkhitaryan for Lingard but that's about it. Pogba on as a sub appearance would be great but I wouldn't expect that until next week against Southampton at home.
Tubie
Member
(08-11-2016, 03:20 PM)
Tubie's Avatar
I hope Madrid finally wins La Liga again, would be a nice change.

Recently it seems La Liga is harder for us to win than the CL lol.

Also, nice OT!
DamnBoxes
Member
(08-11-2016, 03:26 PM)
DamnBoxes's Avatar
I am so ready for the Prem to be back.

COME ON YOU LILLYWHITES.

Lashley
Banned
(08-11-2016, 03:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Carbonox

Newcastle should start fining Sissoko every time he opens his moronic mouth.

"I'm still waiting for Real Madrid to sign me"

Still fucking going on.

Hope he stays, and languishes in the reserves.
Lashley
Banned
(08-11-2016, 03:43 PM)
Any Watford fans?

Watford’s Odion Ighalo signs new contract to commit future until 2021

https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw

Hefty pay rise I'd guess. China was offering him 350k a week.
Infernostew
Member
(08-11-2016, 03:56 PM)
Infernostew's Avatar
I'm not too happy that United's opener is at 8:30 est on Sunday. Would've loved to catch the match at my favorite spot in NYC but it's way too early to commute in and grab a pint.
NHale
Member
(08-11-2016, 03:59 PM)
NHale's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jarnet87

expect it to be the same starting 11 for United, maybe Mkhitaryan for Lingard but that's about it. Pogba on as a sub appearance would be great but I wouldn't expect that until next week against Southampton at home.

I have a feeling that if Lingard isn't fully fit it will be Mata in the starting XI. Now if Mourinho replace him at the 35th minute it will be gloirous. Marca "journalists" will go ballistic for the 100x time because "Mourinho doesn't like Spanish players that don't even have a space on the national squad".

5 years later and they are still upset Mourinho had the guts to pull their favorite son out of the keeper position at Real Madrid.
brokenbeans
Big Swaggin'
(08-11-2016, 04:07 PM)
brokenbeans's Avatar
Now Wes Brown wants Benteke
yagal
Member
(08-11-2016, 04:17 PM)
yagal's Avatar
User: yagal
League: Premier League

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
---
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
7. Leicester
---
18. Burnley
19. Watford
20. Hull City


United champion if Rooney: on the bench, injury, only play cup, to China...
cyber_ninja
More like Year One Edition
(08-11-2016, 04:26 PM)
cyber_ninja's Avatar
User: cyber_ninja
League: Premier League

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester City
4. Arsenal
---
5. Leicester City
6. Tottenham
7. Liverpool
---
18. Bournemouth
19. Burnley
20. Hull City
Tubie
Member
(08-11-2016, 04:29 PM)
Tubie's Avatar
User: Tubie
League: Premier League

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
---
5. Tottenham
6. Liverpool
7. Leicester
---
18. Bournemouth
19. Sunderland
20. Hull City

User: Tubie
League: La Liga

1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Atletico de Madrid
4. Valencia
---
5. Villarreal
6. Athletic
7. Sevilla
---
18. Betis
19. Leganes
20. Las Palmas
Last edited by Tubie; 08-12-2016 at 02:30 PM.
faridmon
Member
(08-11-2016, 04:35 PM)
faridmon's Avatar

Originally Posted by NHale

I have a feeling that if Lingard isn't fully fit it will be Mata in the starting XI. Now if Mourinho replace him at the 35th minute it will be gloirous. Marca "journalists" will go ballistic for the 100x time because "Mourinho doesn't like Spanish players that don't even have a space on the national squad".

5 years later and they are still upset Mourinho had the guts to pull their favorite son out of the keeper position at Real Madrid.

Do you think Mata is gonna stay?

Reports are suggesting that he is unhappy and we are close in buying him.

In another news

Williams with number 5 shirt, guess how that belonged to?
Last edited by faridmon; 08-11-2016 at 04:49 PM.
WadiumArcadium
Member
(08-11-2016, 04:55 PM)
WadiumArcadium's Avatar
Thank God it's back. Can't wait for Saturday.
Kingpin Rogers
Member
(08-11-2016, 04:59 PM)
Kingpin Rogers's Avatar
Can't wait for the season to start again. I actually have quite high hopes for Arsenal this season. As long as we get Mustafi and Mahrez I genuinely think this could be our year.
Danchi
Member
(08-11-2016, 05:02 PM)
Danchi's Avatar

Originally Posted by faridmon

Williams with number 5 shirt, guess how that belonged to?

?

Thread Tools