ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(09-02-2010, 10:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Technosteve

any way to get the blue theme back?

Yes.
DeathbyVolcano
Banned
(09-02-2010, 10:27 PM)
Is this worth downloading for Mac? I use Chromium at the moment and I'm not really sure if I should just use the official release or not. Also, it's ugly as sin in OSX.
Mr. Sam
(09-02-2010, 11:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Zeouterlimits

*looks up at address bar* *freaks out*

I can finally cross it off the list!
Signs we're living in the future:
  • Hoverboards
  • Self-fasting shoes/jackets
  • No more "http://"
  • End to world hunger
artist
Banned
(09-02-2010, 11:30 PM)
Why is Chrome's revisions done in such huge increments? 6 already? In a few years, we'll be at Chrome 13? :lol

Installing. <3
Talon
(09-02-2010, 11:34 PM)
I love the UI changes - everything's more understated.

Google finally is making the turnaround on the UI front across Gmail, Chrome, and Android.
cool_trainer
(09-02-2010, 11:35 PM)
Thanks, installed right now
Ephemeris
(09-02-2010, 11:44 PM)
I heart Chrome
dismas
(09-02-2010, 11:47 PM)
I'm getting "Update server not available (error: 3)" wtf
Vanillalite
Ask me about the GAF Notebook
(09-02-2010, 11:50 PM)

Originally Posted by irfan

Why is Chrome's revisions done in such huge increments? 6 already? In a few years, we'll be at Chrome 13? :lol

Installing. <3

To be fair does the number really matter? The key here is they are a big web based ad company, and just in general are trying to put a lot behind their browser. You're just gonna get a alot of revisions when you are working this fast. That being said I think opera does their numbering system better.
Choppasmith
(09-02-2010, 11:51 PM)

Originally Posted by BeeDog

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there any extension for Chrome that adds RSS feeds in an intuitive and integrated way (e.g. a sidepane)? It's the only reason I'm still using Firefox (too used to the "Brief" extension), and I'd love to have something similar in Chrome, since I'm sick of the memory hogging Firefox does.

I'd like to know this too. RSS and a few Extensions are the only reason I'm still with Firefox. But with the latter, it's always possible to see those ported to Chrome.

BTW, what's Extension Syncing?
JBuccCP
(09-02-2010, 11:53 PM)
I wish they would give you a "properties" selection when you right click an image.
Siebzehn50
(09-02-2010, 11:55 PM)
Somehow I never knew about pinning a tab before this thread and I've been using Chrome since it came out pretty much.
Angelus Errare
this looks like one of those Final Fantasy games lionhead always makes
(09-03-2010, 12:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Choppasmith

I'd like to know this too. RSS and a few Extensions are the only reason I'm still with Firefox. But with the latter, it's always possible to see those ported to Chrome.

BTW, what's Extension Syncing?

I'll take a stab in the dark and guess the ability to sync your extensions?...I mean what is bookmark sync? replace bookmark with extensions and ta-daaa!

Sorry for being an ass.
Soulcatcher
(09-03-2010, 12:08 AM)
Still no print preview and ability to open the file w/o downloading? I think google wants to make it a running joke.
ChoklitReign
(09-03-2010, 12:08 AM)
Is it just me or does it use more RAM now? Thanks to flash I'm using over 200 megabytes with GAF in one tab and Pandora in the other.
Choppasmith
(09-03-2010, 12:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Angelus Errare

I'll take a stab in the dark and guess the ability to sync your extensions?...I mean what is bookmark sync? replace bookmark with extensions and ta-daaa!

Sorry for being an ass.

Nah, it is kinda stupid being an avid fan of Xmarks and knowing what that does :lol I thought maybe it was something different especially considering I could find no Syncing option anywhere.
donkey show
Little Big Dev
(09-03-2010, 12:13 AM)
Uh holy fuck this is fast. I mean, extremely noticeable fast. :D
red shoe paul
Banned
(09-03-2010, 12:14 AM)
Gonna try it out right now!
DisgustipatedM3
Banned
(09-03-2010, 12:14 AM)
Just installed Chrome 6 (on it now) and I've gotta say: faster than Chrome 5, and WAYYYYYYYYYYYY faster than Firefox 3.x... so much faster. Installed the adblock extension and I think I'll stop using Firefox at this point. NeoGAF loaded faster on Chrome 6 for the first time than it does cached on Firefox!

And the god-awful, image-intensive IGN.com loaded about 4-5x faster on Chrome than it did on Firefox, just tested 'em right now. Wow. It's like the difference between driving a Civic and driving an Evo. :lol
Threi
notag
(09-03-2010, 12:18 AM)

Originally Posted by dismas

I'm getting "Update server not available (error: 3)" wtf

happened to me, restarting my comp fixed it.
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(09-03-2010, 12:20 AM)
Quick impressions:

- Gmail is TONS faster and feels much snappier. The yellow "Loading..." at the top lasts for less than a second now when before it could take 4-6 seconds.

- Ctrl-clicking/middle-clicking links is a lot faster, but still slightly sluggish. Usually I Ctrl click a bunch of threads from the User CP so this is very important to me.

Edit- This is pretty big for me, when you press "Alt," it selects the wrench like it did before, however now you can move left to select extensions that have badges! :D :D :D Then enter or space to open it up!

Originally Posted by JBuccCP

I wish they would give you a "properties" selection when you right click an image.

The extensions API has opened up to context menus. I expect we'll see an extension for that with Chrome 7.

Originally Posted by Choppasmith

Nah, it is kinda stupid being an avid fan of Xmarks and knowing what that does :lol I thought maybe it was something different especially considering I could find no Syncing option anywhere.

It synchronizes the extensions tied to your Google account if you want. I don't know if it actually synchronizes the data associated with each extension, though (like preferences for a setting, etc.)
Threi
notag
(09-03-2010, 12:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Andrex

The extensions API has opened up to context menus. I expect we'll see an extension for that with Chrome 7.

Right-Click menus are already supported in extensions.

Example: https://chrome.google.com/extensions...kbomnmlb?hl=en
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(09-03-2010, 12:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Threi

Right-Click menus are already supported in extensions.

Example: https://chrome.google.com/extensions...kbomnmlb?hl=en

Oh, sweet.
Nabs
(09-03-2010, 12:26 AM)
I use the gmail preview feature (where it shows you your inbox while it's loading) and now it's useless :lol
MustacheBandit_
(09-03-2010, 01:07 AM)

Originally Posted by donkey show

Uh holy fuck this is fast. I mean, extremely noticeable fast. :D

I'm going to second this. It is loading sooooo much faster for me.
Parallax Scroll
best in Shadow of the Beast
(09-03-2010, 01:22 AM)
Thanks for the heads up. And all my extensions seem to still work. Bitchin.

Edit: Damn, gmail is fast as shit now.
Gui_PT
(09-03-2010, 01:24 AM)
The difference is definitely noticeable. Many thanks :D
user_nat
THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
(09-03-2010, 01:27 AM)
Am I from the future or something? I'm pretty sure I've had these changes for a couple of weeks.

edit:
To the below post.. yep. Just checked my version. Don't remember installing a beta build.
Last edited by user_nat; 09-03-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Nabs
(09-03-2010, 01:30 AM)

Originally Posted by user_nat

Am I from the future or something? I'm pretty sure I've had these changes for a couple of weeks.

beta channel? i've been on it for a while as well.
bakemono
(09-03-2010, 01:32 AM)
Thank you! Chrome never clicks with me before, too many page errors and just terrible experience but now I'm seriously considering to make it my default browser. Really great improvement, blazing fast, no more page error, and extensions.
bathala
Banned
(09-03-2010, 01:50 AM)
does chrome finally have a decent ad blocker that just doesn't make an ad not appear (but still running in the background), and also block video ads (gametrailer)?
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(09-03-2010, 01:53 AM)

Originally Posted by bakemono

Thank you! Chrome never clicks with me before, too many page errors and just terrible experience but now I'm seriously considering to make it my default browser. Really great improvement, blazing fast, no more page error, and extensions.

It's definitely the best stable browser out now. Firefox 4 and IE9 are shaping up pretty strong as well (FF4 for taking UI cues from Chrome and crazy stuff like tab candy, IE9 for actual standards-compliance and GPU acceleration), but as far as out-there, stable versions go, Chrome 6 is the current king. :D

*pours one out for my homies Opera, my previous lover*
Van Owen
Banned
(09-03-2010, 01:53 AM)

Originally Posted by bathala

does chrome finally have a decent ad blocker that just doesn't make an ad not appear (but still running in the background), and also block video ads (gametrailer)?

I think adblock now actually blocks the majority of ads, except for flash stuff before videos. One of the reasons I stick with Firefox.
Roto13
(09-03-2010, 01:54 AM)
Where the hell did my URL bar go button thing go. >_>
SRG01
(09-03-2010, 02:00 AM)
Does Chrome have MRU tabs with ctrl tab yet?
bathala
Banned
(09-03-2010, 02:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Van Owen

I think adblock now actually blocks the majority of ads, except for flash stuff before videos. One of the reasons I stick with Firefox.

I guess I'll stick with Firefox for now, but damn the memory
FLEABttn
needs to fix his kismet
(09-03-2010, 02:08 AM)
If you don't mind spending the money, Ad Muncher woks quite well with Chrome.
tabsina
(09-03-2010, 02:11 AM)
I'm surprised that stable and beta are currently at the same version #, and they were updated at the same time, too (but beta just went from 6.x.x.51 to 6.x.x.53, rather than from 5.x like stable)
D4Danger
(09-03-2010, 02:13 AM)

Originally Posted by JBuccCP

I just found out Chrome has a context menu api and whipped this up quickly.

unless somebody beats me to it (or already has) I'll try and put this up soon for people to download

(it won't look this bad)
Last edited by D4Danger; 09-03-2010 at 02:17 AM.
The Last Wizard
(09-03-2010, 02:13 AM)
wheres the theme that's in the op?
Blu_LED
(09-03-2010, 02:16 AM)
Any news on what's going on with the Mac version?
Mike Works
(09-03-2010, 02:17 AM)
so much faster, i love you google
ezekial45
I have assigned to you one day for each year its punishment will last.
(09-03-2010, 02:22 AM)
Google chrome is the greatest web browser i've ever used.

This update just made it better.
Last edited by ezekial45; 09-03-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Threi
notag
(09-03-2010, 02:22 AM)

Originally Posted by D4Danger

I just found out Chrome has a context menu api and whipped this up quickly.

unless somebody beats me to it (or already has) I'll try and put this up soon for people to download

(it won't look this bad)

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT
Mike Works
(09-03-2010, 02:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Andrex

Yes.

just installed this and don't like it... how do i turn it off? not seeing it in the extensions page.
Zeliard
(09-03-2010, 02:28 AM)
Browsing feels very noticeably faster.