• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Macho Madness
Member
(09-03-2010, 02:28 AM)
Macho Madness's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mike Works

just installed this and don't like it... how do i turn it off? not seeing it in the extensions page.

Options --> Personal Stuff. At the bottom.
Gui_PT
Member
(09-03-2010, 02:30 AM)
Gui_PT's Avatar

Originally Posted by D4Danger

I just found out Chrome has a context menu api and whipped this up quickly.

unless somebody beats me to it (or already has) I'll try and put this up soon for people to download

.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pXIll.png[

(it won't look this bad)


That would be highly appreciated
leng jai
Member
(09-03-2010, 02:32 AM)
leng jai's Avatar
Everytime I try Chrome a lot of pages just sudden fail to load out of nowhere for no reason. Bloody infuriating, makes me go back to Opera every time.
ChRoNiTe
Member
(09-03-2010, 02:36 AM)
ChRoNiTe's Avatar
Just upgraded. Looks and performs superbly on Windows 7.
Naked Snake
(09-03-2010, 02:37 AM)
Naked Snake's Avatar

Originally Posted by JBuccCP

I wish they would give you a "properties" selection when you right click an image.

This X 1000
artist
Banned
(09-03-2010, 02:38 AM)
Is there a way I can save a browser session, like a window with 3 tabs?
D4Danger
Member
(09-03-2010, 02:42 AM)
D4Danger's Avatar

Originally Posted by irfan

Is there a way I can save a browser session, like a window with 3 tabs?

Options > Basics tab > select "Reopen the pages that were opened last"

this will restore your last session.
Mike Works
(09-03-2010, 02:43 AM)
Mike Works's Avatar

Originally Posted by thewesker

Options --> Personal Stuff. At the bottom.

thanks dude
Desperado
Member
(09-03-2010, 02:46 AM)
Love that the [X]/stop loading page button is integrated with the reload page button. Having that on the right side of the screed didn't make much sense to me.
Woffls
Member
(09-03-2010, 02:47 AM)
Woffls's Avatar
My dreams have come true! The stupid gap between tabs and the top of the screen has disappeared! Browser of the Forever.
Art Teitlebaum
Member
(09-03-2010, 02:48 AM)
Art Teitlebaum's Avatar

Originally Posted by leng jai

Everytime I try Chrome a lot of pages just sudden fail to load out of nowhere for no reason. Bloody infuriating, makes me go back to Opera every time.

Yeah, mostly this. Right now, I'm having difficulties with Gameday animations on mlb.com. And on my netbook it uses significantly more resources when a number of tabs are open compared to Opera.

But it's always a good alternative to bloaty Firefox nevertheless.
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(09-03-2010, 02:50 AM)
Andrex's Avatar
OMFG I need that image properties extension like yesterday!!

Question... Can you get GIF comments from the metadate?

Originally Posted by Mike Works

just installed this and don't like it... how do i turn it off? not seeing it in the extensions page.

Wrench -> Options -> Personal Stuff -> Reset to default theme
Zozz
Banned
(09-03-2010, 02:55 AM)
Zozz's Avatar
Chrome got even better. Best browser out right now.
artist
Banned
(09-03-2010, 02:56 AM)

Originally Posted by D4Danger

Options > Basics tab > select "Reopen the pages that were opened last"

this will restore your last session.

Thanks but is there a way I can store multiple sessions.
vazel
Member
(09-03-2010, 02:57 AM)
vazel's Avatar
Hell yes at the built-in pdf viewer!

Edit: Wow this is noticeably faster. Not just hyperbole anymore from people whenever a new version of Firefox, Opera, and Chrome are released. This time it's for real. I was disappointed before that Chrome wasn't as fast as I'd like but now it is.
Last edited by vazel; 09-03-2010 at 03:26 AM.
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(09-03-2010, 03:12 AM)
Andrex's Avatar

Originally Posted by irfan

Thanks but is there a way I can store multiple sessions.

There's an app extension for that. Or a couple, rather.
Desperado
Member
(09-03-2010, 03:21 AM)
Wait, pinned tabs no longer stay put when you close them? That was one of my favorite features...
vazel
Member
(09-03-2010, 03:29 AM)
vazel's Avatar
Can anyone else view pdf's? I uninstalled Adobe Reader but now all Chrome does is download the pdf's instead of opening them in the browser.
Threi
notag
(09-03-2010, 03:30 AM)
Threi's Avatar

Originally Posted by vazel

Can anyone else view pdf's? I uninstalled Adobe Reader but now all Chrome does is download the pdf's instead of opening them in the browser.

about:plugins


also, never use adobe reader again. If you must use a PDF reader use Foxit.
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(09-03-2010, 03:32 AM)
Andrex's Avatar

Originally Posted by Desperado

Wait, pinned tabs no longer stay put when you close them? That was one of my favorite features...

:O

:/

That is lame. And it seems counter to the whole app tabs thing... then again, maybe they want to make a stark difference between "pinned tabs" and "installed app tabs."

Well, whatever. I hardly close Gmail anyways.

Oh and this is cool, if you have Gmail pinned and it wants to notify you of something, it looks like a light glides over the tab. :D

Originally Posted by Threi

about:plugins


also, never use adobe reader again. If you must use a PDF reader use Foxit.

I've always used the Docs/PDF view extension by Google. I don't even think I have Adobe Reader on my computers.
D4Danger
Member
(09-03-2010, 03:32 AM)
D4Danger's Avatar

Originally Posted by vazel

Can anyone else view pdf's? I uninstalled Adobe Reader but now all Chrome does is download the pdf's instead of opening them in the browser.

type chrome:plugins into the address bar and see if the built-in PDF reader is disabled.
cnizzle06
Banned
(09-03-2010, 03:37 AM)
cnizzle06's Avatar
Great. Shortly after upgrading, my browser froze and now it says "This application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application" everytime I try to reopen it.

Somebody help? :(
Fourman
Member
(09-03-2010, 03:40 AM)
Fourman's Avatar
Very nice update. I like what they have done with the UI.
Jerk
Banned
(09-03-2010, 03:40 AM)
Jerk's Avatar
So, still no chance of getting noscript right?

That is the only thing keeping me from switching.

I do not feel safe browsing the web without noscript.
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(09-03-2010, 03:41 AM)
Andrex's Avatar

Originally Posted by cnizzle06

Great. Shortly after upgrading, my browser froze and now it says "This application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application" everytime I try to reopen it.

Somebody help? :(

That happened to me and it was because I had a virus. I've heard it's either that, or because something is up with .NET.
voodoojohn
Banned
(09-03-2010, 03:42 AM)
voodoojohn's Avatar
Is there a way to print PDF's while in Chrome PDF Viewer?
Threi
notag
(09-03-2010, 03:49 AM)
Threi's Avatar

Originally Posted by voodoojohn

Is there a way to print PDF's while in Chrome PDF Viewer?

right click > print

?
artist
Banned
(09-03-2010, 03:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Andrex

There's an app extension for that. Or a couple, rather.

Thank you sir.
jenov4
Member
(09-03-2010, 03:52 AM)
jenov4's Avatar
Just updated. Man, this browser is blazing. <3 google!!
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(09-03-2010, 03:53 AM)
Andrex's Avatar
Another cool little change: Ctrl and = increases the page size, whereas you had to hold shift before to turn it into a +.
Stuck
Member
(09-03-2010, 03:55 AM)
Stuck's Avatar

Originally Posted by D4Danger

type chrome:plugins into the address bar and see if the built-in PDF reader is disabled.

This worked like a charm. Thanks!
spermatic cord
Member
(09-03-2010, 03:56 AM)
Wow didn't expect such a noticeable speed increase.
Jeels
Member
(09-03-2010, 04:00 AM)
Jeels's Avatar
I'm surprised, lots of stuff loads 2x as fast at least.
burgerdog
Member
(09-03-2010, 04:04 AM)
burgerdog's Avatar
Hm, I didn't notice Chrome updating today and I have 6.0.472.53. Is that that the latest?
voodoojohn
Banned
(09-03-2010, 04:06 AM)
voodoojohn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Threi

right click > print

?

Hmm... that's strange. I'm accessing the Blackboard Academic Suite to look at some stuff for class, and whenever I right click on this page the "print" option doesn't show up. It does on every other page I visit. I checked in IE, and "print" does show up in Blackboard.

Very weird...
Why would you do that?
Member
(09-03-2010, 04:15 AM)
Why would you do that?'s Avatar
Opera is still my #1, but Chrome is really amazing. It really has matured a whole lot since it first came out.

Also, I use the Dev channel. I thought most people who knew about it used the Beta channel...
VanMardigan
has calmed down a bit.
(09-03-2010, 04:32 AM)
VanMardigan's Avatar
These browser designs don't make any damn sense. Why is the address bar so damn big when all I type in is neogaf.com, espn.com, and hulu.com. I don't give a damn about the rest of the address.

Who really cares about seeing the "/href#2334222323/client=android" bullshit at the end of a webpage address? Or if I MUST see that garbage string, let me click a button to extend it, but I guarantee you it will be the most underutilized button on the browser. Nobody cares. Move the bookmarks and all menus up there, make the tabs thin, and give me the rest of the window for the webpage, which is the reason I opened your stupid browser to begin with!
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(09-03-2010, 04:35 AM)
Andrex's Avatar

Originally Posted by VanMardigan

These browser designs don't make any damn sense. Why is the address bar so damn big when all I type in is neogaf.com, espn.com, and hulu.com. I don't give a damn about the rest of the address.

Who really cares about seeing the "/href#2334222323/client=android" bullshit at the end of a webpage address? Or if I MUST see that garbage string, let me click a button to extend it, but I guarantee you it will be the most underutilized button on the browser. Nobody cares. Move the bookmarks and all menus up there, make the tabs thin, and give me the rest of the window for the webpage, which is the reason I opened your stupid browser to begin with!

Chrome is smart about this and makes everything but the main domain name gray instead of black. And having a bigger URL bar gives a larger area to click, and less chance of an error trying to get into the address bar.
VanMardigan
has calmed down a bit.
(09-03-2010, 04:37 AM)
VanMardigan's Avatar
Oh please, they're super tiny on phones and nobody has issues, You can cut that address bar in half and NOBODY will go "durr, I can't click on it".
dismas
Member
(09-03-2010, 04:38 AM)
Only thing I dislike is that ctrl+shift+b bookmark manager shortcut doesn't work anymore. Also, is the tab closing animation during close other tabs new? I've just noticed it now and it looks pretty cool.
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(09-03-2010, 04:41 AM)
Andrex's Avatar

Originally Posted by VanMardigan

Oh please, they're super tiny on phones and nobody has issues, You can cut that address bar in half and NOBODY will go "durr, I can't click on it".

It's Chrome's main feature though and is prominently featured in all the various artwork for it. They made a big deal about combining both boxes into one long one.

Besides, if you have lots of extensions installed, you run out of that space quick. :P
VanMardigan
has calmed down a bit.
(09-03-2010, 04:45 AM)
VanMardigan's Avatar
How about an icon for extensions? Like the wrench, but instead, how about a head with fake hair? /badumbish
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(09-03-2010, 04:50 AM)
Andrex's Avatar

Originally Posted by VanMardigan

How about an icon for extensions? Like the wrench, but instead, how about a head with fake hair? /badumbish

You mean like... this?

[IMG]http://i54.************/28wldva.jpg[/IMG]
Jasoco
Banned
(09-03-2010, 04:53 AM)
Jasoco's Avatar
I guess I'm not on the Dev channel anymore. So... when do we get Chrome 7?? I'm looking forward to hardware acceleration.
VanMardigan
has calmed down a bit.
(09-03-2010, 04:54 AM)
VanMardigan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Andrex

You mean like... this?

[IMG]http://i54.************/28wldva.jpg[/IMG]

Yes, now take that and cut the address bar in half. You know I'm right and there's no good reason it needs to be so big.
LJ11
Member
(09-03-2010, 04:55 AM)
LJ11's Avatar
Is there an extension similar to Firefox's Tab Mix Plus? That's the only thing keeping me on Firefox. They're both similar enough, to me anyway, but Chrome does feel a bit faster.
GhostRidah
Member
(09-03-2010, 05:03 AM)
GhostRidah's Avatar

Originally Posted by D4Danger

I just found out Chrome has a context menu api and whipped this up quickly.

unless somebody beats me to it (or already has) I'll try and put this up soon for people to download

.



(it won't look this bad)

WTB
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(09-03-2010, 05:06 AM)
Andrex's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jasoco

I guess I'm not on the Dev channel anymore. So... when do we get Chrome 7?? I'm looking forward to hardware acceleration.

The schedule is six weeks per release. So mid-October, probably, although I suspect it'll slip to early November. I've believed for a while that the Web Store and Chrome OS will launch when 7 does, or shortly after.
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(09-03-2010, 05:12 AM)
Andrex's Avatar
:lol

Another little tweak. Middle/Ctrl clicking Back, Forward, or Refresh opens those pages in a new tab. Actually kinda cool. :lol
Threi
notag
(09-03-2010, 05:14 AM)
Threi's Avatar
if you want to try out chrome 7 without it interfering with your current installation you can install the chrome canary build.

Thread Tools