• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

darklin0
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:43 AM)
darklin0's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karsticles

I just had my first competitive match where my teammates did nothing but yell at each other about who "really" sucks on the team. :(

Welcome to the club. All we have is salt and broken dreams.
hypernima
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:49 AM)
hypernima's Avatar
Me: " We have 3 offense heroes"
Teammate: "That's pretty good"

And with that I knew the L was coming.
Square Triangle
Kratos can kill Zeus
but not Pam Anderson?
(01-12-2017, 06:55 AM)
Square Triangle's Avatar
Just picked this up for the PC and my god, I'm so much better at it with a M/KB than when i was on the PS4. I know it generally goes without saying with the M/KB but its just a staggering difference.
MetroidPrimeRib
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:56 AM)
MetroidPrimeRib's Avatar
Thats so "Genji who can only kill someone when he ults"
Ghost is Bad
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:01 AM)
Ghost is Bad's Avatar

Originally Posted by hypernima

Me: " We have 3 offense heroes"
Teammate: "That's pretty good"

And with that I knew the L was coming.

shoulda picked hanzo to make it 4
MiniBossBattle
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:03 AM)
MiniBossBattle's Avatar
Rolled comp at 1st point, one guy DQs, no points for me......
Incendiary
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:17 AM)
Incendiary's Avatar

Originally Posted by MiniBossBattle

Rolled comp at 1st point, one guy DQs, no points for me......

Part of the comp meta - gotta make sure you don't steamroll 'em too hard at the beginning or the match won't count, because fuck doing well!
Jblanks
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:21 AM)
Jblanks's Avatar
Tied 2-2 on Lijang, and the other team switches to Pharah and Pocket Mercy to deal with our Tracer and our McCree couldn't take them down himself. "We need to switch to counter that combo", Tracer "yea agreed". Doesn't switch, we lose... I was DVa and would've switched but we only had 1 tank.

The same tracer another round after it was called out not to push too far after we wiped the team, did that and got picked.. the player was like level 800. So annoying.


Edit: I should probably just stop telling my stories because 3/4 of the games I play there's always a good one too tell, and most people here probably run into the same bs a lot also.
Ghost is Bad
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:22 AM)
Ghost is Bad's Avatar
remember that level =/= smart. it's usually the super high level player that does the stupid ass shit you think is glaringly obvious.
Karsticles
(01-12-2017, 07:25 AM)
Karsticles's Avatar

Originally Posted by darklin0

Welcome to the club. All we have is salt and broken dreams.

While they kept arguing about who was making us lose, I kept trying to point out that all of them kept going in 4 different directions for a capture mission, and we should try to stick together. They never stuck together. I was playing Zenyatta, so constantly being the last person alive on my team was really frustrating.
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(01-12-2017, 07:29 AM)
Data West's Avatar

Originally Posted by Antiwhippy

He gets shit on by reaper now?

https://clips.twitch.tv/ognglobal/Wo...lAntWholeWheat

are you serious?
Newtype-001
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:29 AM)
Newtype-001's Avatar
Eyy my title :>
I dont think i posted as much last ot
hypernima
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:31 AM)
hypernima's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ghost is Bad

shoulda picked hanzo to make it 4

And I'm suspended.
Ghost is Bad
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:32 AM)
Ghost is Bad's Avatar
shouldn't be so toxias flame m8. save it for gaf :^)

here's some cheerful tunes to make you feel better.
hypernima
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:36 AM)
hypernima's Avatar
Dude I just can't, I'm usually a calm person but stupidity just brings the rotten out in me and I'm kind of ashamed. I should be better than this no?

I quit the game and then came back, to basically carry with soldier, like they just sat and let a Bastion camp. Not shielded or boosted. No one knew how to kill him.

I literally only got suspended because I left during the match complete sign and not before defeat.
buy teh haloz
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:39 AM)
buy teh haloz's Avatar
D.Va was in the meta for a whole one patch, thank god our long national nightmare is almost over
Jblanks
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:40 AM)
Jblanks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ghost is Bad

remember that level =/= smart. it's usually the super high level player that does the stupid ass shit you think is glaringly obvious.

True. They intstalocked Tracer, so I was just thinking well he must be a pretty good Tracer then.

Got compliments on back to back days though. Yesterday I was Mei, and someone said I was fun too watch; must've been spectating and today as Zen some guy said I was a sick Zen. Feelsgoodman.
Ghost is Bad
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:41 AM)
Ghost is Bad's Avatar
must feel nice to get compliments. i only get them when i play reaper lol.
Blizzard
Nicest LoL player, tallest midget
(01-12-2017, 07:41 AM)
Blizzard's Avatar
Is the "gay money" phrase something people were actually saying about Tracer? I'm assuming that has to be the joke but this is the first time I've seen it mentioned in connection with Overwatch.

Originally Posted by Plywood

tl;dr: Blizz dgaf rip Dorito Viola

No, they specifically said this:

I understand that people feel like she may be too weak overall after these changes, and if that turns out to be the case we'll look at helping her out.

The Driver
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:43 AM)
The Driver's Avatar
Lmao why is it that when a Pharah is destroying that people think it's a good idea to jump on Pharah also?

Thankfully for once the Pharah destroying was on my team, we are at 2-2 on Nepal and the Soldier on the enemy team decides to go Pharah the last round and proceeds to get wrecked by the Soldier on our team lmao. I can only guess our Pharah was giving him enough trouble that he just wanted to duel it out or some stupid shit.

On the topic of balance changes, I'm gonna be sad if DVA gets hit hard. I was starting to really get into her since my main (Soldier) is often boring as fuck to play and my Reinhardt and Hog (who is also about to get nerfed) skills have atrophied a lot since Season 2. Oh well. I guess the game will go back to revolving around if your DPS doesn't suck.
Last edited by The Driver; 01-12-2017 at 07:46 AM.
Ghost is Bad
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:45 AM)
Ghost is Bad's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blizzard

Is the "gay money" phrase something people were actually saying about Tracer? I'm assuming that has to be the joke but this is the first time I've seen it mentioned in connection with Overwatch.


No, they specifically said this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E83C...ature=youtu.be
Terareflection
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:59 AM)
Terareflection's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Driver

Lmao why is it that when a Pharah is destroying that people think it's a good idea to jump on Pharah also?

Thankfully for once the Pharah destroying was on my team, we are at 2-2 on Nepal and the Soldier on the enemy team decides to go Pharah the last round and proceeds to get wrecked by the Soldier on our team lmao. I can only guess our Pharah was giving him enough trouble that he just wanted to duel it out or some stupid shit.

On the topic of balance changes, I'm gonna be sad if DVA gets hit hard. I was starting to really get into her since my main (Soldier) is often boring as fuck to play and my Reinhardt and Hog (who is also about to get nerfed) skills have atrophied a lot since Season 2. Oh well. I guess the game will go back to revolving around if your DPS doesn't suck.

Yeah, I've seen it too often. Some think that the best counter to a hero giving you trouble is that hero giving you trouble. Horrible idea in Pharah's case since no one is gonna be getting direct hits with her. Or the Pharah on your team just gets hard countered. :/
Xux
Member
(01-12-2017, 08:02 AM)
Xux's Avatar
I like this Bastion individual. Spraying Pharah, staring at Genji, chewing through tanks. Might be my choice for first Legendary purchase.

Genji's kinda neat, too, I guess. I guess I need to jump more.
Moonkeis
Member
(01-12-2017, 08:02 AM)
Moonkeis's Avatar
TPain on OW is just comedy gold.
MiniBossBattle
Member
(01-12-2017, 08:03 AM)
MiniBossBattle's Avatar
Wow now i am in a game where two people RQ on my team....

its is because a day ago, i lagged out of a match?
Ghost is Bad
Member
(01-12-2017, 08:07 AM)
Ghost is Bad's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xux

I like this Bastion individual. Spraying Pharah, staring at Genji, chewing through tanks. Might be my choice for first Legendary purchase.

Genji's kinda neat, too, I guess. I guess I need to jump more.

the game is not kind to bastion players lol.
LucidMomentum
Member
(01-12-2017, 08:10 AM)
LucidMomentum's Avatar
I won a game on Dorado with a Diamond Torbjorn main who put the turret on the cart, and as Rein I kept it alive.

It worked like crazy lol.

I also broke into 2700 again for a brief moment, then queued into the team of 4 I played with the game before and my new 4 stack decides to troll pick last point and well I think from there I just kept telling myself one more game until I ended up at 2620 again.

I'm determined to prove that I'm not 2500-2700 skill level, I know I can get out of this bracket. It pains me so much to see so many Diamond players with the same damn SR I have. Why did they get to push to Diamond and I still haven't broken 2800?
Last edited by LucidMomentum; 01-12-2017 at 08:13 AM.
exYle
Member
(01-12-2017, 08:11 AM)
exYle's Avatar
If the D.Va nerf goes through I shall begin my illustrious career as a Sombra main
KiraFA37
Member
(01-12-2017, 08:20 AM)
KiraFA37's Avatar
I only had 80 posts in the previous thread so I'm still a way of from the wall of fame. Time to increase posting. Insert delete hero comment here, buff Winston comment here, and random ship here.
Antiwhippy
the holder of the trombone
(01-12-2017, 08:26 AM)
Antiwhippy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Data West

are you serious?

Originally Posted by Antiwhippy

I'm being facetious honestly, because yeah reaper should beat winston 8 times out of 10. I still don't think that should be a reason for buffing winston because that's exactly what we want. Didn't we complain about reaper not being the tank buster anymore?

Also it just shows that there are ways for winston to play around his counters still. I feel like once dive comps are a thing again and there are more squishies on the field you'll see a lot more winston.

Mostly joking.
Psychoward
Banned
(01-12-2017, 08:27 AM)
I tried doing the symmetra basketball thing but the fact that the turrets get destroyed by just glancing geometry in addition to the beam range increase not showing visually makes it pretty much impossible to even do any damage.
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(01-12-2017, 08:34 AM)
Plywood's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blizzard

No, they specifically said this:

I was being facetious.
MiniBossBattle
Member
(01-12-2017, 08:48 AM)
MiniBossBattle's Avatar
1-5 today. That was humbling. I lost a close one, won a close one, guy DCs, another 2 DC, got steamrolled, lost a close one. I really felt like I played well but it just wasn't the day to play. i think i was at 2700 but now to 2540
Yukinari
Member
(01-12-2017, 10:15 AM)
Yukinari's Avatar
Its such a terrible feeling to have games of Oasis turn into a snowball every fucking round.

Its now my least favorite koth map and i only played it a few times in quickplay and comp.
BossDarkseid
Member
(01-12-2017, 10:25 AM)
BossDarkseid's Avatar
D.va protecting Junk's tyre isn't even something I had thought of...oh well. By the time OT9 comes around maybe I'll be good as Junkrat.
ricelord
Member
(01-12-2017, 10:35 AM)
ricelord's Avatar

Originally Posted by BossDarkseid

D.va protecting Junk's tyre isn't even something I had thought of...oh well. By the time OT9 comes around maybe I'll be good as Junkrat.

Dva new class: tired guard.
scotcheggz
Member
(01-12-2017, 10:37 AM)
scotcheggz's Avatar
I thought the word "noob" was really 90s until I started playing overwatch. I genuinely didn't realise people still said it, I keep waiting for IMBA to rear it's ugly head.
Skii
Member
(01-12-2017, 10:56 AM)
Skii's Avatar
Jellie beat me by 1 post on the wall of shame :(

Feelsbadman


Also, people need to stop asking for Winston buffs. He's one of the most balanced heroes in the game. If the meta wasn't full of Roadhogs and Dva, Winston would actually get a look in.

I just can't wait for these nerfs to hit live, this meta has been cancerous for diversity.
Antiwhippy
the holder of the trombone
(01-12-2017, 11:05 AM)
Antiwhippy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skii

Jellie beat me by 1 post on the wall of shame :(

Feelsbadman


Also, people need to stop asking for Winston buffs. He's one of the most balanced heroes in the game. If the meta wasn't full of Roadhogs and Dva, Winston would actually get a look in.

I just can't wait for these nerfs to hit live, this meta has been cancerous for diversity.

Eh.

There was a time where every line up was literally zen + lucio +bwinston/rein + zarya + genji + other dps(mostly mccree iirc)

There was also a time where literally every koth is 2 lucios + 2 winstons + 2 tracers.

Pharah meta was probably the most diverse but i cant remember much about it. Beyblade probably the 2nd most diverse?
ricelord
Member
(01-12-2017, 11:08 AM)
ricelord's Avatar
The only reason you Winston back is so you can farm him with reaper. I know your plans, I'm keeping my eyes on you.
Mendrox
Member
(01-12-2017, 11:12 AM)
Mendrox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Apathy

BTW, for the D.Va changes on the PTR and concerns, Blizz finally responded:


https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...ge=26#post-502



Edit:as expected, people are not liking that response

Edit 2:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...ge=27#post-536



In what world is someone playing JR in comp that is also coordinated enough to go "I'm using my tire, D.va, follow it and it's going to go in this patter oh and healers keep the D.Va alive as she goes into enemy territory"

Man fuck Blizzard. Just give her back the old HP/Armor before her not anticipated buff. Now she is useless again if you want to play a serious comp.
Moonkid
Member
(01-12-2017, 11:14 AM)
Moonkid's Avatar
Ticked another hero off that I could never get the fundamentals right: Hanzo! The game is injected with new life when you pass the learning curve of a new hero. And of course I change if the game isn't going well. Depressing I should have to add that heh.
Veelk
Member
(01-12-2017, 11:14 AM)
Veelk's Avatar
If D.Va's old HP was weak enough that they felt they needed to buff it, then I don't understand how they think what she has now is good enough for the damage she puts out, which they nerfed.
Newtype-001
Member
(01-12-2017, 11:17 AM)
Newtype-001's Avatar
2-1 in the morning.
Last match was a mess.
Had this English guy telling another guy with a french accent to stop speaking and that hed rather play with russian people than french.

Guess thats what happens when you run

Symm,Torb,Hanzo, Mei, Rein and Ana on defence eichenwalde ://

Then
Sombra, Torb, Hanzo, Pharah, Rein and Ana on attack
Skii
Member
(01-12-2017, 11:21 AM)
Skii's Avatar

Originally Posted by Antiwhippy

Eh.

There was a time where every line up was literally zen + lucio +bwinston/rein + zarya + genji + other dps(mostly mccree iirc)

There was also a time where literally every koth is 2 lucios + 2 winstons + 2 tracers.

Pharah meta was probably the most diverse but i cant remember much about it. Beyblade probably the 2nd most diverse?

The meta before these buffs was a lot more diverse. You'd see a lot of Reaper sure but there would be Genjis, Tracers, McCrees, Mei and even the off meta picks like Hanzo and Junkrat were more viable than they are now.

The meta right now is just so fucking boring even at lower ranks. I hate everyone just sitting at the choke waiting for one of the Roadhogs to get a pick which'll decide the fight. And from an esport perspective, it's even more boring to watch everyone play tank comps when DPS are infinitely more interesting to watch. Give me a dragonblading Genji over a Dva holding left click any day.

Originally Posted by ricelord

The only reason you Winston back is so you can farm him with reaper. I know your plans, I'm keeping my eyes on you.

I have no idea what you're talking about *whistles*
Mendrox
Member
(01-12-2017, 11:22 AM)
Mendrox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Veelk

If D.Va's old HP was weak enough that they felt they needed to buff it, then I don't understand how they think what she has now is good enough for the damage she puts out, which they nerfed.

Yeah it's total bullshit now. Even worse than back then where she was immediately down. Even the damage got nerfed now where you have to hunt people down to even get the damage down. Now she gets rekt when she dives and also cant kill fast enough.
Antiwhippy
the holder of the trombone
(01-12-2017, 11:26 AM)
Antiwhippy's Avatar
Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of this meta from an esports perspective as well and liked the beyblade one more, with my favourite being the pharah meta because watching pharah battles is still the dopest shit in this game. I just wouldn't call it the least diverse one we've had so far.

You still see all sorts of dps coming out to complement the 3 tanks though. Also a surprising amount of pharah despite the prevalence of soldier.
Psychoward
Banned
(01-12-2017, 11:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Mendrox

Yeah it's total bullshit now. Even worse than back then where she was immediately down. Even the damage got nerfed now where you have to hunt people down to even get the damage down. Now she gets rekt when she dives and also cant kill fast enough.

They actually made her worse than she was before the buff meanwhile Ana is still gonna remain the best healer in the game by far plus Soldier is somehow untouched.

A monkey could balance better than Blizzard right now.
Antiwhippy
the holder of the trombone
(01-12-2017, 11:31 AM)
Antiwhippy's Avatar



Remember when Zen just crushed everybody.
Last edited by Antiwhippy; 01-12-2017 at 11:35 AM.
Newtype-001
Member
(01-12-2017, 11:42 AM)
Newtype-001's Avatar
Those were some great days.
Melting tanks thinking they could turn around cause im support lolol

Thread Tools