• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

zkylon
zkylewd
(06-07-2016, 02:02 AM)
zkylon's Avatar
i would like to see if they limited ranked to 2s and 3s

yup, no 1s

i'd be very curious to see how that would turn out haha

whoops top of the page with the controversial opinion

quick! hide!



(if this is nsfw to you neko then quit your fucking 1984 job)
Last edited by zkylon; 06-07-2016 at 02:05 AM.
Nekofrog
Member
(06-07-2016, 02:06 AM)
Nekofrog's Avatar
i already turned images off because of you so it's np
zkylon
zkylewd
(06-07-2016, 02:07 AM)
zkylon's Avatar
your job don't deserve u neko
BreezyLimbo
Member
(06-07-2016, 02:16 AM)
BreezyLimbo's Avatar
They should limit ranked to 1's

We've already done 2's in the past

3 is just borderline silly

1's is the real challenge.
zkylon
zkylewd
(06-07-2016, 02:20 AM)
zkylon's Avatar
instantip getting on the overwatch train

you know the deal
Last edited by zkylon; 06-07-2016 at 02:23 AM.
BreezyLimbo
Member
(06-07-2016, 02:33 AM)
BreezyLimbo's Avatar
d.va needs more doritos in order for it to be canon
Black-Wind
(06-07-2016, 02:38 AM)
Black-Wind's Avatar

Originally Posted by patchday

probably not the right attitude to have though. Playing with a premade can be an audition of a sort giving you the chance to get invited into their group.

Now playing against one.... I'm not going to comment. I have no idea if I'm going up against a premade in LoL. * Most games put stars by their names to indicate this but never noticed this in LoL

It's normally easy to tell a premade because a lot of the time they have the same group tag.

I've run into a good deal of drama when playing with premades.

Recently had a Karthus game where our Garen top came storming down mid to get a kill on the enemy mid but he ends up getting double teamed by the JG and mid and dies. He goes on a rager calling me useless and such ... I COULD have pointed out how unlike him my champ needs mana and I had zero at the time and was trying to back (the fuck am I gonna do with a manaless Karth, Auto attack them to death as I chase them into in their jg?) but I noticed that he and at least 2 other people had the same group tag. So if I say a damn thing against him I'm sure it's just gonna make things worse there for I had to mute him and report him after we won.

I found out that I had to do stuff like that when dealing with premades because some time ago I played Poppy top and died to the Croc ... it was close but he killed me. The Rango JG decided to run in at a slither of HP like 10 secs after I died and he got killed. He raged in chat about me feeding the Croc, blaming me for his death. I speak up and suddenly I have 3 children telling the enemy team to report me as they systematically blame everything wrong on me. And you guessed it, they were a premade with the same tag. So yeah, now if I ever have words to say with someone in a premade i just don't say em.

I've had games where people talk about RL stuff in chat, forcing me to mute them all cause IDGAF who is talking about who behind their back. Had games where 2+ people go AFK for large spans of time, costing us the game. Had premades refuse to FF. Had premades force the game to go on by not helping me push objectives and just farming or running around after we win teamfights cause we wanted to fight more ... and that ends up getting us an L because they don't realize how much a Jax scales in late game.

I think it's just a part of being human. It's easy to see someone outside your group as "the other".


IDK, maybe I have the wrong outlook on this but these kinda things don't normally happen when everyone is clearly solo.

Seems like being IN a premade is fun as shit though and common sense tells you that toxic behavior greatly goes down when people are playing with others they know and everyone's getting the role they want. Still sucks to be the out sider when you're grouped with them.
PSqueak
Member
(06-07-2016, 02:42 AM)
PSqueak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Black-Wind


[drama]

This is exactly why i communicate entirely only by pings, "gj", "Thx", and "my bad" in this game.
BreezyLimbo
Member
(06-07-2016, 02:47 AM)
BreezyLimbo's Avatar
Let me tell you about playing with a group of friends.

if a group of friends wants to try ranking together, to try and be successful, don't do it. It wrecks relationships. You'll snipe and bicker at each other more than usual. You'll learn to hate certain knacks of some friends, the way you're spoken to from other friends. It'll probably end in disaster if you plan on retaining any semblance of competitiveness for ranked, and friendship. The higher you want to go in ranked, the more your friendship deteriorates.

And if there's some sexual tension, hoo boy you're in for a wild ride of hatred.
Nekofrog
Member
(06-07-2016, 02:53 AM)
Nekofrog's Avatar

Originally Posted by BreezyLimbo

And if there's some sexual tension, hoo boy you're in for a wild ride of hatred.

let's duo bb we can duo top and have bushes to ourselves (after we kill toplaner)
BreezyLimbo
Member
(06-07-2016, 02:57 AM)
BreezyLimbo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nekofrog

let's duo bb we can duo top and have bushes to ourselves (after we kill toplaner)

do I look like a jungler to you

I don't have time to stick around in bushes
Luigi87
Member
(06-07-2016, 03:03 AM)
Luigi87's Avatar
Welp, 10 game winning streak, one match away from getting into my promos to get into Gold, all just came to an end =(

I got outplayed hard by a Gnar.
Poke me under my turret then GNAR! out to kill, etc.
Last edited by Luigi87; 06-07-2016 at 03:06 AM.
zkylon
zkylewd
(06-07-2016, 03:12 AM)
zkylon's Avatar

Originally Posted by BreezyLimbo

Let me tell you about playing with a group of friends.

if a group of friends wants to try ranking together, to try and be successful, don't do it. It wrecks relationships. You'll snipe and bicker at each other more than usual. You'll learn to hate certain knacks of some friends, the way you're spoken to from other friends. It'll probably end in disaster if you plan on retaining any semblance of competitiveness for ranked, and friendship. The higher you want to go in ranked, the more your friendship deteriorates.

And if there's some sexual tension, hoo boy you're in for a wild ride of hatred.

honestly i've been playing with the same group of friends for like 4 years and we've never had that problem

like we've yelled at each other and like ragequit and had to say sorry and whatnot but we're still going strong haha

i personally spend more time watching league than playing it these days but u know
BreezyLimbo
Member
(06-07-2016, 03:16 AM)
BreezyLimbo's Avatar

Originally Posted by zkylon

honestly i've been playing with the same group of friends for like 4 years and we've never had that problem

like we've yelled at each other and like ragequit and had to say sorry and whatnot but we're still going strong haha

i personally spend more time watching league than playing it these days but u know

AND THAT'S WHY YOU'LL NEVER BE DIAMOND

NOT UNTIL YOU MAKE YOUR FRIEND CRY BECAUSE THEY SUCK, THEY'RE THE WORST JUNGLER EVER, THEY NEVER FUCKING WARD AND THEY THINK THEY CAN 1V5 AND THEN WHEN THEY DIE THEY SAID "OOPS SORRY I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING I'M STUPID' aaaaaghghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I apologize. You'll be a shiny diamond one day.
zkylon
zkylewd
(06-07-2016, 03:29 AM)
zkylon's Avatar
that's ok i consider myself mostly a casual player now and i'm fine just being gold
Last edited by zkylon; 06-07-2016 at 03:39 AM.
TheFlow
Banned
(06-07-2016, 03:29 AM)
going back to playing support only. I love playing other lanes but it put me on tilt.

edit: silver 3 is a cesspool. which I never dropped this low lulz
Calvero
Member
(06-07-2016, 03:31 AM)
Calvero's Avatar
they should just change ranked to hexakill, because why not
Luigi87
Member
(06-07-2016, 03:50 AM)
Luigi87's Avatar
Meh, two losses in a row, second game thanks to a feeding Jhin who wouldn't stop complaining about being tilted, then kept dying while typing.

S1 56LP, time to stop for the night.
BreezyLimbo
Member
(06-07-2016, 03:57 AM)
BreezyLimbo's Avatar
so whats this drama about tryndamere outing icefrog
Quonny
Member
(06-07-2016, 04:31 AM)
Quonny's Avatar

Originally Posted by BreezyLimbo

so whats this drama about tryndamere outing icefrog

TheFlow
Banned
(06-07-2016, 04:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Luigi87

Meh, two losses in a row, second game thanks to a feeding Jhin who wouldn't stop complaining about being tilted, then kept dying while typing.

S1 56LP, time to stop for the night.

Yep. 2 loses and row and it is time to stop playing ranked. Had a rough couple of games tonight(never play league in a tropical storm) lol
Luigi87
Member
(06-07-2016, 04:32 AM)
Luigi87's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheFlow

Yep. 2 loses and row and it is time to stop playing ranked. Had a rough couple of games tonight(never play league in a tropical storm) lol

Exactly.
This was something I forgot a couple of weeks ago and went from S3 promos down to S5 demotion, lol


RIP
BreezyLimbo
Member
(06-07-2016, 04:33 AM)
BreezyLimbo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quonny

lol

digging around people were so whiny about it
Calvero
Member
(06-07-2016, 04:37 AM)
Calvero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quonny

what
Quonny
Member
(06-07-2016, 04:38 AM)
Quonny's Avatar
It's not even new. People have known IceFrog's first name for months now.
BreezyLimbo
Member
(06-07-2016, 04:44 AM)
BreezyLimbo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quonny

It's not even new. People have known IceFrog's first name for months now.

*years

since 2010 it was always rumored that it was Abdul, Tryn saying it confirms it to fact
Black-Wind
(06-07-2016, 05:04 AM)
Black-Wind's Avatar
Just took an L in one of those head ache games where the strongest person refused to just fucking END the game cause he wanted to chase kills and pad out his KDA when our comp didn't scale well for the types of fights we had to face (Teemo ADC/ Olaf Top vs Kennen Top/ Luc ADC. Kennen could decide team fights with his ult, Teemo was damn near a non factor in fights and the "I'm the strongest!" Olaf would just die stupidly trying to 1v4 instead of trying to push objectives and when he did he did it solo to prove how strong he was. Soloed Elder Drag ... until Luc stole it cause no one was around).

It was one of those stupid "Hey, everyone is dead other then Olaf, Thresh and the enemy Luc. Instead of taking the enemy mid inhib that's tots open as the sup tries to stop Luc's push I think it's a good idea to just waste the 20 free secs of everyone being dead by chasing the dashy dash ADC instead of putting supers on the map." games ..
Last edited by Black-Wind; 06-07-2016 at 05:13 AM.
WaterAstro
Member
(06-07-2016, 05:52 AM)
WaterAstro's Avatar
http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.co...testing-on-pbe

Mastery in ARAM? yes please I need my chests.
Calvero
Member
(06-07-2016, 06:00 AM)
Calvero's Avatar

Originally Posted by WaterAstro

http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.co...testing-on-pbe

Mastery in ARAM? yes please I need my chests.

riot keeps dumbing down the game for filthy casuals
SenorArdilla
Member
(06-07-2016, 06:57 AM)
SenorArdilla's Avatar
Yeah. Now I can see how many Ds I got.
Peanut Butter
Member
(06-07-2016, 07:03 AM)
Peanut Butter's Avatar

Originally Posted by zkylon

instantip getting on the overwatch train


Orochinagis
Member
(06-07-2016, 07:33 AM)
Orochinagis's Avatar

Originally Posted by zkylon

pretty sure that set of changes was pulled from pbe

Shame, I wanted to see a change on her E
zkylon
zkylewd
(06-07-2016, 07:39 AM)
zkylon's Avatar
so, got an invite to the alpha client



some kinks still need to be worked out lol...

looks real pretty but i kind of wish i knew i wouldn't have access to runes and masteries and the shop lol
23qwerty
Member
(06-07-2016, 07:46 AM)
23qwerty's Avatar

Originally Posted by zkylon

so, got an invite to the alpha client



some kinks still need to be worked out lol...

looks real pretty but i kind of wish i knew i wouldn't have access to runes and masteries and the shop lol

That's for the PBE though right?
zkylon
zkylewd
(06-07-2016, 07:49 AM)
zkylon's Avatar
i'm happy to see taliyah getting a 49~% winrate midlane now

will def give her a shot if i'm able to buy her lol

Originally Posted by 23qwerty

That's for the PBE though right?

nope, live servers
Calvero
Member
(06-07-2016, 07:57 AM)
Calvero's Avatar

Originally Posted by zkylon

so, got an invite to the alpha client



some kinks still need to be worked out lol...

looks real pretty but i kind of wish i knew i wouldn't have access to runes and masteries and the shop lol

how do you get into the Alpha? ;-;

nevermind, just signed up!
BreezyLimbo
Member
(06-07-2016, 07:58 AM)
BreezyLimbo's Avatar
people are still banning swain
stahp
23qwerty
Member
(06-07-2016, 08:07 AM)
23qwerty's Avatar

Originally Posted by zkylon

nope, live servers

Oh weird, I assume you can still use the normal client if you want though?
KarneeKarnay
Member
(06-07-2016, 10:53 AM)
KarneeKarnay's Avatar
You know what I hate about low elo ranks. People who confuse this game for Team Deathmatch.

Ignoring all toxicity, it infuriates me to no end, my team going 4v5 under a turret at the enemy inhib turret, when I am the only team mate ahead.

Or just running in to team fights one at a time instead of just backing off and grouping first. Everyone thinks they are the new god and can just 1v5 an enemy team. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm thinking of taking a break. This game has become way more difficult to carry solo and its difficult with work to get friends who are available to play too. For some reason it just doesn't feel as fun as before.
faridmon
Member
(06-07-2016, 11:55 AM)
faridmon's Avatar

Originally Posted by KarneeKarnay

You know what I hate about low elo ranks. People who confuse this game for Team Deathmatch.

Ignoring all toxicity, it infuriates me to no end, my team going 4v5 under a turret at the enemy inhib turret, when I am the only team mate ahead.

Or just running in to team fights one at a time instead of just backing off and grouping first. Everyone thinks they are the new god and can just 1v5 an enemy team. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm thinking of taking a break. This game has become way more difficult to carry solo and its difficult with work to get friends who are available to play too. For some reason it just doesn't feel as fun as before.

Yeah, this happens alot. Especially where 2 people just push mid and overstay and get wiped out because they are in the enemy territory. I have to say I have been at fault because of that, but I got better when to back out and to push.
Leezard
It's Just the
Sweet Scent of Butane
(06-07-2016, 12:00 PM)
Leezard's Avatar
Champion.gg got updated for 6.11.

Ashe, MF, Sivir and Twitch are the adcs with the top win rate for 6.11.

Malz and Swain still seem really dumb, so Swain still getting banned seems reasonable.

Zyra is sitll the top support.
Wolf Akela
Member
(06-07-2016, 12:16 PM)
Wolf Akela's Avatar
I've stopped using the alpha client a few days ago. I'm just waiting for 0.2. The lag with everything in champ select was just unbearable.
PhillipCostigan
Member
(06-07-2016, 12:38 PM)
PhillipCostigan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Leezard

Champion.gg got updated for 6.11.

Ashe, MF, Sivir and Twitch are the adcs with the top win rate for 6.11.

Malz and Swain still seem really dumb, so Swain still getting banned seems reasonable.

Zyra is sitll the top support.

Wukong seems great in jungle and top. Illaoi looks decent too.

Kindred are still amazing it seems
Leezard
It's Just the
Sweet Scent of Butane
(06-07-2016, 12:56 PM)
Leezard's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhillipCostigan

Wukong seems great in jungle and top. Illaoi looks decent too.

Kindred are still amazing it seems

Kindred have gotten bans for so long now, and it seems to never stop despite all nerfs. They are so strong.
Stone Ocean
Member
(06-07-2016, 12:57 PM)
Stone Ocean's Avatar
I've been told Illaweed is super strong right now as well
Luigi87
Member
(06-07-2016, 01:45 PM)
Luigi87's Avatar
Champion.gg gets updated, first match I queue today enemy first picks Irelia...

Coincidence? Maybe. Dammit.

Edit: Next queue she gets banned. It begins ;_;

... yep, another match and she's banned. Farewell dreams of Gold.
Last edited by Luigi87; 06-07-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Luigi87
Member
(06-07-2016, 03:16 PM)
Luigi87's Avatar
Hate double posting, but man, went from one win away to get to promos for Gold, to four game lose streak (down to 20LP)
Quonny
Member
(06-07-2016, 03:54 PM)
Quonny's Avatar
I feel bad for Breezy. Swain gets to be good and he's a perma-ban.
Leezard
It's Just the
Sweet Scent of Butane
(06-07-2016, 04:02 PM)
Leezard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quonny

I feel bad for Breezy. Swain gets to be good and he's a perma-ban.

See, that's why it's bad when your main is buffed to ridiculous levels. Swain will stay as a ban for a while even after he's no longer OP due to ban inertia.

Sleeper OP or just strong is the best power level.
Luigi87
Member
(06-07-2016, 04:14 PM)
Luigi87's Avatar
omfg

I'm first pick
I pre-pick Irelia
My teammate bans her

WTF

teammate: I dont look
teammate: Just perma ban her
teammate: Yeah you must be silver im not


Thread Tools