• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Bread
Whole Wheat
(Yesterday, 06:24 PM)
Bread's Avatar
Drummond is such a bad fit for the Celtics, I don't even understand this discussion.

Have you watched them play? They thrive because of the spacing and versatility that Horford provides at the C position. Bringing in a guy who needs to be under the basket to be successful would be a huge issue. IT couldn't get to the rack because of the clogged paint and Horford would be forced to cover 4s. The Celtics need to find a rebounding 4 who can stretch the floor, not an old fashioned center.
LionPride
Member
(Yesterday, 06:25 PM)
LionPride's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bread

Drummond is such a bad fit for the Celtics, I don't even understand this discussion.

Have you watched them play? They thrive because of the spacing and versatility that Horford provides at the C position. Bringing in a guy who needs to be under the basket to be successful would be a huge issue. IT couldn't get to the rack because of the clogged paint and Horford would be forced to cover 4s. The Celtics need to find a rebounding 4 who can stretch the floor, not an old fashioned center.

Hint hint

In my mind

IT ain't there
phanphare
Member
(Yesterday, 06:25 PM)
phanphare's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bread

Drummond is such a bad fit for the Celtics, I don't even understand this discussion.

Have you watched them play? They thrive because of the spacing and versatility that Horford provides at the C position. Bringing in a guy who needs to be under the basket to be successful would be a huge issue. IT couldn't get to the rack because of the clogged paint and Horford would be forced to cover 4s. The Celtics need to find a rebounding 4 who can stretch the floor, not an old fashioned center.

that sounds more like a horford problem
The Greek Freak
Member
(Yesterday, 06:26 PM)
Just realized how fucked the Grizzlies have been.

Every year they were healthy in the playoffs they would have been the best non Lebron playoff team from 2011-2017.

Sucks so much they are stuck in the west and we missed out on like 5-6 awesome series that would've been better than watching Lebron wreck trash squads.
LyleLanley
Member
(Yesterday, 06:26 PM)
LyleLanley's Avatar

Originally Posted by phanphare

yeah that could work, I'll admit I have no idea who zizic is though lol

The Adriatic League top prospect winner last year. Previous winners include Nikola Jokic and Dario Saric. There's no way this guy isn't DPOY by the end of his rookie year.
LionPride
Member
(Yesterday, 06:27 PM)
LionPride's Avatar

Originally Posted by phanphare

that sounds more like a horford problem

Also that too
Bread
Whole Wheat
(Yesterday, 06:28 PM)
Bread's Avatar

Originally Posted by LionPride

Hint hint

In my mind

IT ain't there

Ok? Replace IT with Fultz and the issue remains. Drummond doesn't fit Stevens' offense.

Originally Posted by phanphare

that sounds more like a horford problem

It sounds more like a "we don't need an ineffective defender who can't stretch the floor at the C" problem.
LyleLanley
Member
(Yesterday, 06:29 PM)
LyleLanley's Avatar

Originally Posted by phanphare

that sounds more like a horford problem

How is that a Horford problem? Drummond clearly doesn't fit in Stevens' system. Also, he isn't good.
phanphare
Member
(Yesterday, 06:31 PM)
phanphare's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bread

Ok? Replace IT with Fultz and the issue remains. Drummond doesn't fit Stevens' offense.

It sounds more like a "we don't need an ineffective defender who can't stretch the floor at the C" problem.

the great coaches build around what they have, they don't force a certain type of offense on a personnel group if it doesn't fit. brad is a great coach. also every center doesn't need to be a stretch 5.

Originally Posted by LyleLanley

How is that a Horford problem? Drummond clearly doesn't fit in Stevens' system. Also, he isn't good.

it sounded like moving him to the 4 would be an issue
LionPride
Member
(Yesterday, 06:32 PM)
LionPride's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bread

Ok? Replace IT with Fultz and the issue remains. Drummond doesn't fit Stevens' offense.

It sounds more like a "we don't need an ineffective defender who can't stretch the floor at the C" problem.

I personal think Drummond or Nerlens or another one of these athletic defensive Cs can work
Vault Dweller 111
Member
(Yesterday, 06:32 PM)
Vault Dweller 111's Avatar
LeBron's playoff scoring may become one of those unbreakable records. He's got so many more playoff games to go.
Bread
Whole Wheat
(Yesterday, 06:42 PM)
Bread's Avatar

Originally Posted by phanphare

the great coaches build around what they have, they don't force a certain type of offense on a personnel group if it doesn't fit. brad is a great coach. also every center doesn't need to be a stretch 5.



it sounded like moving him to the 4 would be an issue

Moving our stretch 5 to the 4 would be an issue. It would be taking away the mismatches that make him so effective while taking him away from the basket on defense to cover quicker players. The Celtics need a 4, not a 5.
LionPride
Member
(Yesterday, 06:43 PM)
LionPride's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bread

Moving our stretch 5 to the 4 would be an issue. It would be taking away the mismatches that make him so effective while taking him away from the basket on defense to cover quicker players. The Celtics need a 4, not a 5.

Horford wants to play 4

He'd be better at the 4
Trey
Member
(Yesterday, 06:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Vault Dweller 111

LeBron's playoff scoring may become one of those unbreakable records. He's got so many more playoff games to go.

probably. he's played in so many games and has been ludicrously efficient.
DrMungo
Member
(Yesterday, 06:45 PM)
DrMungo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vault Dweller 111

LeBron's playoff scoring may become one of those unbreakable records. He's got so many more playoff games to go.

especially since he's in the East and a virtual shoo-in to the conference finals every year
Lionel Richie
Member
(Yesterday, 06:50 PM)
Lionel Richie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bread

Drummond is such a bad fit for the Celtics, I don't even understand this discussion.

Have you watched them play? They thrive because of the spacing and versatility that Horford provides at the C position. Bringing in a guy who needs to be under the basket to be successful would be a huge issue. IT couldn't get to the rack because of the clogged paint and Horford would be forced to cover 4s. The Celtics need to find a rebounding 4 who can stretch the floor, not an old fashioned center.

I disagree, I think they need a legit tough big to pair with Horford to free him to point forward to his heart content. Not a super slow guy, but not a stretch 4/5 either. Keeping Horford at the 5 I'd love Kenneth Faried, moving him to the 4 then Nikola Vucevic or Nerlens Noel would be nice.

They absolutely don't need a Ryan Anderson kind of guy, they need a stout dude.
friskykillface
Member
(Yesterday, 06:53 PM)
friskykillface's Avatar
Lakers gonna sign Olynyk the god
Bread
Whole Wheat
(Yesterday, 06:55 PM)
Bread's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lionel Richie

I disagree, I think they need a legit tough big to pair with Horford to free him to point forward to his heart content. Not a super slow guy, but not a stretch 4/5 either. Keeping Horford at the 5 I'd love Kenneth Faried, moving him to the 4 then Nikola Vucevic or Nerlens Noel would be nice.

They absolutely don't need a Ryan Anderson kind of guy, they need a stout dude.

I agree, I don't want a Ryan Anderson either. But I especially don't want Vucevic, he's a disaster on defense. I'd love to try and pry Favors from the Jazz.
msdstc
Incredibly Naive
(Yesterday, 06:55 PM)
msdstc's Avatar

Originally Posted by LionPride

He made a good decision

That's fair

I just liked someone like him or Nerlens on the Celtics at the 5 and Horford at the 4

Nerlens is a totally different story. See I think somebody like Nerlens is worth more money than Drummond after the past year and a half. The one thing that sucks about nerlens is his health.
Epsilon-delta
Member
(Yesterday, 06:56 PM)
Epsilon-delta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vault Dweller 111

LeBron's playoff scoring may become one of those unbreakable records. He's got so many more playoff games to go.

It will be unless someone in the future is just as good or better and also be as efficient as Lebron.
friskykillface
Member
(Yesterday, 06:59 PM)
friskykillface's Avatar
LeBron will play until 40 at this rate
LyleLanley
Member
(Yesterday, 06:59 PM)
LyleLanley's Avatar
I'd much rather give Zizic a shot than give Nerlens the kind of money he's going to get paid.
msdstc
Incredibly Naive
(Yesterday, 07:00 PM)
msdstc's Avatar

Originally Posted by LyleLanley

I'd much rather give Zizic a shot than give Nerlens the kind of money he's going to get paid.

Not saying I would, just saying I'd rather him than drummond since he's more affordable and his skillset is more valuable (defense, athleticism, blocks, etc.)
LyleLanley
Member
(Yesterday, 07:02 PM)
LyleLanley's Avatar

Originally Posted by msdstc

Not saying I would, just saying I'd rather him than drummond since he's more affordable and his skillset is more valuable (defense, athleticism, blocks, etc.)

Yeah, Nerlens would probably be a better deal than Drummond but I'd rather not have either of them.
msdstc
Incredibly Naive
(Yesterday, 07:13 PM)
msdstc's Avatar

Originally Posted by LyleLanley

Yeah, Nerlens would probably be a better deal than Drummond but I'd rather not have either of them.

sammme
GravityInsanity
Member
(Yesterday, 07:21 PM)
GravityInsanity's Avatar
Holy fucking shit. Y'all better hope Stephen A. Smith doesn't pick your team to win lol.
Stephen A. Smith has picked the last six Finals wrong
random25
Member
(Yesterday, 07:29 PM)
random25's Avatar

Originally Posted by GravityInsanity

Holy fucking shit. Y'all better hope Stephen A. Smith doesn't pick your team to win lol.
Stephen A. Smith has picked the last six Finals wrong

I'm pretty sure he's picking Golden State so congrats to Cleveland Cavaliers, your 2016-2017 NBA champions.
True Savior
Member
(Yesterday, 07:31 PM)
True Savior's Avatar

Originally Posted by PadWarrior

SLAM Magazine @SLAMonline

Durant says he's not to blame for NBA's parity problem.

"Am I the reason Brooklyn gave all their picks to Boston?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwdba9C2G14
Jarate
Member
(Yesterday, 07:41 PM)
Jarate's Avatar
http://neogaf.site/forum/showthread.php?t=1380918

Im gonna spend a bit more time on the offseason thread, which should be in OT Community when I come back from Vacation
FZZ
Member
(Yesterday, 07:46 PM)
FZZ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jarate

http://neogaf.site/forum/showthread.php?t=1380918

Im gonna spend a bit more time on the offseason thread, which should be in OT Community when I come back from Vacation

Finals thread looking good

For the offseason thread my only recommendation is having a separate section dedicated to Lonzo Ball and the Big Baller Brand

Big Ballers Only
Lionel Richie
Member
(Yesterday, 07:46 PM)
Lionel Richie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bread

I agree, I don't want a Ryan Anderson either. But I especially don't want Vucevic, he's a disaster on defense. I'd love to try and pry Favors from the Jazz.

Vucevic would be a good buy low candidate like Danny loves so much, and if the thinking here is solely about the future he'd be a good stop-gap solution (2018 draft has insane big men potential with Porter, Ayton, Bamba, Carter). But I agree, Favors would be just the perfect target.
msdstc
Incredibly Naive
(Yesterday, 07:47 PM)
msdstc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lionel Richie

Vucevic would be a good buy low candidate like Danny loves so much, and if the thinking here is solely about the future he'd be a good stop-gap solution (2018 draft has insane big men potential with Porter, Ayton, Bamba, Carter). But I agree, Favors would be just the perfect target.

Mo Bamba is the future.
Lionel Richie
Member
(Yesterday, 07:50 PM)
Lionel Richie's Avatar

Originally Posted by msdstc

Mo Bamba is the future.

For sure, that reach is absolutely ridiculous. Ayton and Porter are not too shabby either. Next draft is looking legendary.
LionPride
Member
(Yesterday, 07:55 PM)
LionPride's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lionel Richie

For sure, that reach is absolutely ridiculous. Ayton and Porter are not too shabby either. Next draft is looking legendary.

LUKA!!!
msdstc
Incredibly Naive
(Yesterday, 07:56 PM)
msdstc's Avatar

Originally Posted by LionPride

LUKA!!!

not a big man though
LionPride
Member
(Yesterday, 07:58 PM)
LionPride's Avatar

Originally Posted by msdstc

not a big man though

Still amazing. Also the reason I'll have a crisis next year.
beat
Member
(Yesterday, 08:59 PM)
beat's Avatar

Originally Posted by MugiwaraCole

Still hilarious people think this.

http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612...nType=Playoffs

For the 2016 playoffs,

GSW's net rating iwith Dray on-court: 9.8
GSW's net rating without Dray: -5.2

By far the biggest difference for any player. (and this was pretty much true of 2015 too, but Dray wasn't suspended in 2015 and also Curry was much much better in 2015 than 2016 by the stats...)

Originally Posted by PadWarrior

SLAM Magazine @SLAMonline

Durant says he's not to blame for NBA's parity problem.

"Am I the reason Brooklyn gave all their picks to Boston?"

He had more to say:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ise/102163092/

“Like I'm the reason why (expletive) Orlando couldn't make the playoffs for five, six years in a row?” he said. “Am I the reason that Brooklyn gave all their picks to Boston? Like, am I the reason that they're not that good (laughs)? I can't play for every team, so the truth of the matter is I left one team. It's one more team that you probably would've thought would've been a contender. One more team. I couldn't have made the (entire) East better. I couldn't have made everybody (else) in the West better.”

Originally Posted by Trey

what, was he supposed to say "no thank you" to the most talented team in the league and good money? don't hate the player, hate the game.

Parity is the league's problem. Individual players are trying to win. Individual teams are trying to win. I have never thought "oh, I shouldn't take a job at this place because then they'd be too good."

(also I am not the KD of my industry, but anyways.)
XiaNaphryz
LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
(Yesterday, 09:00 PM)
XiaNaphryz's Avatar
Finals thread here, Offseason thread to be coming later

Thread Tools