• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Sanjuro
Inside Man
(Today, 06:10 PM)
I like how the spin has become "How can old and broken LeBron do this?". He is basically Bill Russell out there.
Servbot24
(Today, 06:11 PM)
lol, who is saying that? LeBron looks as good as he ever has
Lionel Richie
(Today, 06:12 PM)

Originally Posted by BadAss2961

He's more ambitious than that. He's still chasing Jordan.

GS taking over the league for a couple years at his expense will change perception quick. While LeBron will always have that championship, it'll be old news.

He will never ever catch Jordan. Jordan came along in the right time and won 2 perfect three-peats that were interrupted by a personal decision that had nothing to do with his ability to play the sport. That's legendary, he won 6 titles and you'll always know it could have been 8 in a row but he was so OP he didn't give a fuck. Nobody is ever catching that fairy tale shit. Kobe didn't do it, Lebron is not doing it, nobody will ever be Jordan. I wish he would just give it up, it would make watching him much more enjoyable.

The only current athlete in team sports you can compare to Jordan is Tom Brady. Everyone else needs to let go.
Vault Dweller 111
(Today, 06:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Sanjuro

I like how the spin has become "How can old and broken LeBron do this?". He is basically Bill Russell out there.

The man is an android.

I hope he plays into his 40's
Sanjuro
Inside Man
(Today, 06:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Servbot24

lol, who is saying that? LeBron looks as good as he ever has

I've seen a few talking heads and stories regarding his game time management towards the end of the season.
ViciousDS
(Today, 06:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Line_HTX

I really hope this is enough for people to be in their seats by 7 PM. All those empty seats at the start of Game 2 was so embarrassing, like holy fuck.

it says $1 nachos and stuff

but then they only list like 5 sections that get access to it?
LyleLanley
(Today, 06:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Lionel Richie

He will never ever catch Jordan. Jordan came along in the right time and won 2 perfect three-peats that were interrupted by a personal decision that had nothing to do with his ability to play the sport. That's legendary, he won 6 titles and you'll always know it could have been 8 in a row but he was so OP he didn't give a fuck. Nobody is ever catching that fairy tale shit. Kobe didn't do it, Lebron is not doing it, nobody will ever be Jordan. I wish he would just give it up, it would make watching him much more enjoyable.

The only current athlete in team sports you can compare to Jordan is Tom Brady. Everyone else needs to let go.

LeBron is better than Jordan.
Sanjuro
Inside Man
(Today, 06:17 PM)

Originally Posted by LyleLanley

DeAndre is still pretty good though.
LyleLanley
(Today, 06:18 PM)

DeAndre is still pretty good though.

True.
Servbot24
(Today, 06:24 PM)
LeBron James is better than Michael Jordan
Line_HTX
(Today, 06:26 PM)

Originally Posted by ViciousDS

I think the important thing is they opened the doors 30 mintutes early and trying to get people to bring their $1 bills as quickly as possible.
Vault Dweller 111
(Today, 06:27 PM)
As long as we've reached a consensus #1 and 2 but the end of his career then I'm satisfied. Having to argue "Is he top 10?" Is awful.

And not sure how the "Kobe is better" thing exists, but it is very stupid.
Bread
Whole Wheat
(Today, 06:27 PM)

Originally Posted by rokkerkory

A healthy Warriors vs healthy Cav please for the finals. And no BAD officiating either. Officiating last year kinda ruined everything for me.

Officiating was fine last year
Servbot24
(Today, 06:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Bread

Officiating was fine last year

Bad call from Referee Adam Silver though
perfectchaos007
(Today, 06:33 PM)

Originally Posted by ViciousDS

People who aren't in those sections have to walk to one of the listed sections to get the deal. The horror!

Is the WWE pretty big in New Zealand? Steven Adams did a classic choker hold on Harden last game.
Kickz
(Today, 06:35 PM)
I need this round to end already so we can get to some real matchups
friskykillface
(Today, 06:44 PM)
Refs were good last finals
Warriors just fucking choked

No one told Steph a behind the back pass was necessary in game 7
Line_HTX
(Today, 06:44 PM)
Fake matchups. Sad!
Lionel Richie
(Today, 06:47 PM)

Originally Posted by LyleLanley

That's irrelevant. Jordan is a demigod with an untainted record and a perfect narrative going on. Him actually being good is a bonus to the legend around him. Lebron is an uncannily great player that has a losing record in the Finals.

And for that matter, Manning was better than Brady.
Servbot24
(Today, 06:49 PM)

Originally Posted by friskykillface

Refs were good last finals
Warriors just fucking choked

No one told Steph a behind the back pass was necessary in game 7

He better not so much as dribble between his legs this Finals
Vault Dweller 111
(Today, 06:50 PM)

And for that matter, Manning was better than Brady.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Also once again LeBron losing in the finals is worse than Jordan not making the finals at all. I'll never understand that.
Lionel Richie
(Today, 06:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Vault Dweller 111

Also once again LeBron losing in the finals is worse than Jordan not making the finals at all. I'll never understand that.

The East sucks ass in the Lebron Age. Not that hard to understand. And Manning was better than Brady, any reasoning otherwise usually starts with one choking the playoffs and the other being great in it. Why wouldn't the same principle apply to Lebron?
Anth0ny
(Today, 06:55 PM)

they can't understand the concept of becoming bored/not trying during the regular season and then turning it on come playoff time. lebron has become the master of it.

the press act like second half of the season cavs was actually representative of how they'd play in the playoffs. fucking lol.
Vault Dweller 111
(Today, 06:59 PM)

The East sucks ass in the Lebron Age. Not that hard to understand. And Manning was better than Brady, any reasoning otherwise usually starts with one choking the playoffs and the other being great in it. Why wouldn't the same principle apply to Lebron?

You would compare LeBron playoffs to Manning playoffs? That seems very unfair.

And it's really not comparable, we got to see Manning vs Brady. LeBron v Jordan will always be imagination.

And if he was 3-0 instead of 3-4 people would respect it more. The east being weak wouldn't matter. Better to lose to the Bad Boys before the finals, than carry a complete shit roster to the finals and get swept by the Spurs.

Also, I'm not even saying LeBron>Jordan.
cHaotix8
(Today, 07:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Anth0ny

the press act like second half of the season cavs was actually representative of how they'd play in the playoffs. fucking lol.

If they weren't taking it as seriously as you are implying then why was LeBron playing 40+ minutes every game? The Cav's actions don't match that narrative.
Lionel Richie

You would compare LeBron playoffs to Manning playoffs? That seems very unfair.

And it's really not comparable, we got to see Manning vs Brady. LeBron v Jordan will always be imagination.

And if he was 3-0 instead of 3-4 people would respect it more. The east being weak wouldn't matter. Better to lose to the Bad Boys before the finals, than carry a complete shit roster to the finals and get swept by the Spurs.

Manning was pretty okay in the playoffs, his teams lost a lot and sometimes he was to blame but he was not this black hole of awfulness that the narrative about him goes. My point wasn't so much about a direct comparison between Manning and Brady, but more to say that who was better is irrelevant. Brady had a much better career narrative about him, he's stuff of legends. Same with Jordan. Manning and Lebron will have to settle for best of the rest status (and even that is a big maybe considering competition they have from guys like Montana and Wilt), which is not too bad. Our sports memory is not perfect and is based on irrational gravitational pull towards the myth of that player. Lebron will never be Jordan in that regard. 20 years from now you will still have random people in Liechtenstein talking "hey Michael Jordan was pretty good", Lebron doesn't have the same thing going on about him.

If he was 3-0, yeah, maybe people would respect it more and maybe that is unfair. Life is unfair though and he's not 3-0. He's 3-4. He's not Jordan. He wouldn't be even if he was 3-0.
Servbot24

I dunno, he gets a lot of respect for going to 6 straight Finals

Personally I am a believer in the eye test. There are way too many variables between roster updates, team chemistry, roster updates of other teams, conference position, coaching staff, rules changes, culture changes, blah, blah, blah. I'd rather just watch both players play and see who looks better to me.
Ripenen
(Today, 07:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Bread

is this a serious question

Yes it is. What is LeBron chasing? Do you really think he's specifically going for 6 rings? Because even if he gets there it won't put him past Jordan. 7 rings? 8? Even then people will still say Jordan's two three-peats are more impressive.
Cornbread78
(Today, 07:32 PM)

Originally Posted by perfectchaos007

Is the WWE pretty big in New Zealand? Steven Adams did a classic choker hold on Harden last game.

McHale did it better: