• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

PhazonBlazer
(03-20-2017, 02:16 AM)
Is there a certain time/condition to when Satori Mountain glows?
Not Spaceghost
Spaceghost
(03-20-2017, 02:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Red

Smaller as in the very tiny ones that sometimes appear in puzzle shrines, or the ones in combat shrines?

The more I think about losing those shields, the more gutted I feel. Can I revisit combat shrines to get more?

Both yeah, but it's never the charged up beams, it's always the smaller pulse lasers. And yes, blood moons reset tests of might and you can get the items again.
Ventara
(03-20-2017, 02:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Stopdoor

Make sure you're not going too deep into it or you might be wasting your time, haha.

lol, I think I've been doing just that. Thanks for the heads up.
Not Spaceghost
Spaceghost
(03-20-2017, 02:22 AM)

Originally Posted by PhazonBlazer

I saw this happen once and never again. I wish I knew what it means / did / was.
psyfi
(03-20-2017, 02:23 AM)
So after encountering them a few times and getting completely destroyed, I decided to finally go toe to toe with a Lynel. It's the one in the coliseum (which after 70+ hours with the game I *JUST* found). I equipped all my best gear, got my best weapons out, and let him spot me from a distance so I could lure him out. As he approaches me I shoot him once in the face with my bow, then hide behind the outer wall of the coliseum to ready another arrow... and mother fucker shoots an arrow OVER THE WALL and leaves me with 3/4 a heart. I was like "damn, what a lucky shot" but then it happened two more times, with six near misses.

The game is rigged, man.
Relix
he's Virgin Tight™
(03-20-2017, 02:24 AM)

Originally Posted by PhazonBlazer

It was raining when it happened for me. What I found there was one of the best surprises of the game for me! I literally freaking gasped, especially understanding the meaning of it. Fantastic moment.
Thud
108 shrines down. Two shrines with motion controls. One was getting ridiculous, had to turn the gamepad like a madman because the sensitivity is complete bonkers. Feels like they designed it for Wii U but playtested the switch version.
Rodin
Did you guys try to press ZL while swimming? Loved that touch haha
Deckard Chapel
(03-20-2017, 02:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Rodin

Did you guys try to press ZL while swimming? Holy shit

What happens?
Rodin
(03-20-2017, 02:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Deckard Chapel

What happens?

Link swimming animation shifts to the OOT/TP one. It's really neat.

EDIT: and of course while i'm doing that east of Mount Ranel the freaking water dragon appears lol
Green Mamba
Apparently bladed Lynel shields can be used as makeshift weapons--parrying with them does damage to enemies that get hit in the swing. Found that out today on accident.
somedevil

Originally Posted by Not Spaceghost

I saw this happen once and never again. I wish I knew what it means / did / was.

If you want to know. Something is there when you see the light randomly at night.

Also, if you play long enough you do reach a point where Guardians are not scary anymore.
JasonMCG
(03-20-2017, 02:28 AM)
Can we start a BotW screenshot thread yet?
GodfatherX
i turned 35 on the 15th, and one of my first video game moments i can remember is when i was in kindergarten, and my dad purchased a nes and zelda. My dad is not nerd/geek in the least. Was a hippie and played sports in his younger years, and sports are pretty much his only recreational passion/interest.He worked as a home improvement salesman in those days, and i remember him sketching dungeon layouts floor by floor because a strategy guide wasnt something he knew about. The mere promise of aLttP was enough for him to get me a SNES when it launched. That was 25 years ago.

So we celebrated my birthday over the weekend by having a cookout at my house. He watches my daughter on Fridays so he knew I had been playing BotW already. During the night he gave me an envelope with a bunch of stuff from my childhood including pictures, school papers, personal writings ect. Included in this was the book I made when I was in first grade, about the legend of zelda. It was one of the best presents ever. Not because it was a stupid thing from my childhood from 29 years ago, but because it let me remember some of my earliest and favorite memories of my dad, enjoying a hobby that years later I would continue to be passionate about.
psyfi

Originally Posted by JasonMCG

Can we start a BotW screenshot thread yet?

There's already one made.
PillarEN
(03-20-2017, 02:30 AM)
Toiling around Rito Village. Kids say the darndest things. Molli's responses when she's sleeping :)
Dice
(03-20-2017, 02:34 AM)
Over 50 hours and I am officially utterly bored of this world. Guess it's time to wrap up the 3 remaining dungeons and kill Climate Change Ganon.
vypek
(03-20-2017, 02:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Majukun

ok,found the last memory too and now i'm ready to deal with the last beast..one thing though...what does the chief of the goron give you after you save the other guy from the mine?it keeps saying that it's something hylian want but i'm already full and have to throw away something..but i have a space free on every weapon/material/dish slot

3 fireproof elixirs
Chaos17
Banned
(03-20-2017, 02:44 AM)

Originally Posted by gooderthanu

Sooo at some point I got tired of spending hours exploring the game and just fought all bosses quickly. I'm not really enjoying the game that much.

Love the art style but shrines are boring to me and fighting has as well since I have all these buffs now....

I miss old dungeons. Also quests are pretty lame fetch quests for money. Is there any meaningful quests...I loved majoras mask people's lives and etc... I'm looking for that.

I went to hyrule castle And it was great.., my favorite part so far. Calamity ganon isn't involved enough imo

Best in games are against none story bosses maybe you didn't killed enough monsters to see their silver version ?
But no, this game is not Majora Mask like game.
Majukun
(03-20-2017, 02:47 AM)

Originally Posted by vypek

3 fireproof elixirs

thank you

now i have to look for those fireproof butterflies to upgrade the fire armor..thyey seem extremely rare..is there any place in death mountain where they spawn consistently?
gooderthanu
(03-20-2017, 02:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Rodin

Like 2/3 of them? The subquests to find the shrines are still subquests (pretty unique in the genre, as you don't usually get tons of quests involving environmental puzzles and riddles in other titles) and you get tons of others that involve unique characters and their stories. They also teach you stuff about the tribes, their uses, the lore in general etc and those are reminiscent of Majora's Mask. Then sure there are some fetch quests, and it's ok that they give you money since you don't really find many rupees around anymore, but let's try not to suggest that all this title has in terms of subquests are fetch quests. Because it's false.

Bring me a horse, take a picture of this thing, I need 10 of this, find my friend... these aren't fetch quests????

Majoras mask quests were awesome because you got game changing masks and finally the fierce deity mask. They were great stories, depressing about the end of their life and the world.

Let me be positive, still finding new items things and haven't even explored most of the world. Equipment is awesome, love the personality and touches. Still haven't tried to tackle lynels. I mean yea there's sooo much content but but getting a new weapon+++ isn't that great compared to getting a hook shot, Invisibilty cape, etc. i guess cause weapons break in end game it doesn't have the same effect of getting a giants sword from oot.

I enjoyed eventide island ... idk feel like there's not much reward I guess other than endless playing which is good on its own. More fun the stronger you get though
gooderthanu
(03-20-2017, 02:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Chaos17

Best in games are against none story bosses maybe you didn't killed enough monsters to see their silver version ?
But no, this game is not Majora Mask like game.

Yea I fought some mini bosses likemogdula and haven't done anything with the dragons yet. Are you talking about white versions with cavemen looking clothing? Or silver is something more? Yea I mean it's good that I can play this game for years but my favorite thing of zelda has always been the dungeons lol. So yea definitely a 360
vypek
(03-20-2017, 02:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Majukun

thank you

now i have to look for those fireproof butterflies to upgrade the fire armor..thyey seem extremely rare..is there any place in death mountain where they spawn consistently?

I'm not sure. I've only been upgrading the soldier's outfit. Haven't even run into that butterfly at all.
Justinian
(03-20-2017, 03:04 AM)
So is it pretty much confirmed that putting the Switch to sleep with Zelda still running causes the blood moon glitch?

If I exit the game every now and then it won't happen?
Neoweee
(03-20-2017, 03:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Dice

Over 50 hours and I am officially utterly bored of this world. Guess it's time to wrap up the 3 remaining dungeons and kill Climate Change Ganon.

Why not just beat the game now?
Smellycat
(03-20-2017, 03:07 AM)
sheesh at tempered power shrine. I almost pulled whatever left of my hair out trying to get that second ball in the hole. I finally caved in and looked up tips online. It turns out you don't have to hit the ball from the platform lol don't know why I didn't think of that. Finally got it
Last edited by Smellycat; 03-20-2017 at 03:09 AM.
robochimp
(03-20-2017, 03:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Justinian

So is it pretty much confirmed that putting the Switch to sleep with Zelda still running causes the blood moon glitch?

i haven't had the blood moon glitch and I exclusively use sleep mode.
Smellycat
(03-20-2017, 03:10 AM)
Oh an the Blood moon cut scene should be "The Bloodmoon rises twice a night. Please be careful Link"
OrbitalBeard
(03-20-2017, 03:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Dice

No use in tackling the remaining three dungeons if you're already bored. At 50 hours, you're likely powerful enough to finish the game.

Btw, I'm 105 hours into the game and am still utterly consumed by this world. :)

Originally Posted by Smellycat

Oh an the Blood moon cut scene should be "The Bloodmoon rises twice a night. Please be careful Link"

Do a hard reset on your console.
SomewhatGroovy
(03-20-2017, 03:11 AM)

I tried completing "under the red moon" sceret shrine mission today and camped for 40 plus days and couldn't get it to come out.
TWILT
(03-20-2017, 03:12 AM)
Man, Naboris sure is something... x_x
Moff
(03-20-2017, 03:13 AM)

I always power the console off and had it happen once, I immediately reloaded a save before the bloodmoon and powered the console off.
never happened again.
Takat
(03-20-2017, 03:33 AM)
Hey, I need some explanation on the Master Sword, how does it work? mine says it's low on energy, how do I restore it?
random25
(03-20-2017, 03:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Takat

Hey, I need some explanation on the Master Sword, how does it work? mine says it's low on energy, how do I restore it?

It "breaks" when it runs out of energy. Just let it break and it will regenerate after 10 minutes.
vypek
(03-20-2017, 03:34 AM)

Don't have it but I believe it restores over time
Not Spaceghost
Spaceghost
(03-20-2017, 03:35 AM)

Just let it shatter and then it comes back in 10 minutes.

Low energy is just a weapon specific way of saying low durability.
Pinky
(03-20-2017, 03:35 AM)
Okay, so far, Daqo Chisay Shrine(The Whole Picture) is my favorite. Very clever puzzle!
olimpia84
(03-20-2017, 03:36 AM)
The lead up to the Goron divine beast is really pissing me off. Ugh.
Takat
(03-20-2017, 03:37 AM)

Originally Posted by random25

It "breaks" when it runs out of energy. Just let it break and it will regenerate after 10 minutes.

Thanks everyone!

Just finished all four divine beasts, going to complete as many quests and definitely all shrines.
Chaos17
Banned
(03-20-2017, 03:38 AM)

Originally Posted by gooderthanu

Yea I fought some mini bosses likemogdula and haven't done anything with the dragons yet. Are you talking about white versions with cavemen looking clothing? Or silver is something more? Yea I mean it's good that I can play this game for years but my favorite thing of zelda has always been the dungeons lol. So yea definitely a 360

I'm talking about normal monsters up to Lynel.
Not sure about the others since I didn't killed that much and I don't think dragons count.
Last edited by Chaos17; 03-20-2017 at 03:42 AM.
Triforce141
(03-20-2017, 03:38 AM)
These Rito kids for that one Shrine Quest are rude, I'm trying to save the world, getting all the upgrades I can get, but you don't want to help because you want your food first?
Primethius
(03-20-2017, 03:39 AM)
Changing the Switch's resolution to 720p doesn't do anything for performance in docked mode, right? I figure that's the case but still curious.
vypek
(03-20-2017, 03:40 AM)

Originally Posted by olimpia84

Yeah this annoyed me too. Just did it earlier today. Got the hang of it when I restarted it cause the gorin glitched
effingvic
(03-20-2017, 03:42 AM)

Use the environment
OrbitalBeard
(03-20-2017, 03:45 AM)

Destroy the Guardian drones. Use Magnesis.

Still don't get why this area is such a challenge for some people.

I can understand the frustration from the Yiga Clan Hideout (even though I loved it), but not this section.
Last edited by OrbitalBeard; 03-20-2017 at 03:48 AM.
SciencePilot
(03-20-2017, 03:46 AM)
Is there a set of armor to go with the diamond circlet?
JCH!
(03-20-2017, 03:49 AM)
Is there any way of getting heat resistant armor before heading out to the desert or am I gonna have to use food until I find it?
Dice
(03-20-2017, 03:51 AM)
I pissed off a camp of Moblins in Hebra and they apparently hit HARD so I took out my guardian axe++ for a little spin to win and it was so effective the game slowed down to 2fps.
OrbitalBeard
(03-20-2017, 03:51 AM)

Originally Posted by JCH!

Is there any way of getting heat resistant armor before heading out to the desert or am I gonna have to use food until I find it?

The latter, but make a few heat resistant elixirs instead of food.

If you're a ways into the Tarrey Town sidequest, you'll meet a character very early on in the desert than can sell you armor long before you reach the inside of Gerudo Town.

Originally Posted by random25

Nothing. Just take advantage of its change in temperature and you can navigate the area without using any elixir.

This is also true. Travel in the early morning, evening, or night. I like having a few elixirs available though, so I can just explore whenever.
Last edited by OrbitalBeard; 03-20-2017 at 03:55 AM.
random25
(03-20-2017, 03:52 AM)

Originally Posted by JCH!

Nothing. Just take advantage of its change in temperature and you can navigate the area without using any elixir.