• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

ShaunButter
(03-20-2017, 04:17 PM)
I have 36 defense on my armor, the master sword, 5 points in stamina and 11 hearts yet I'm too scared to do the first divine beast...

Am I a bitch?
PRjumpman124
(03-20-2017, 04:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Macchiato

lmao, riiighht??

I hope he's over 118 in this game because otherwise I'll feel very conflicted ahahah.

Does anyone know if we get to see his hair down and free? I need this.

There's an armor set for that.
Kaiken

Originally Posted by ShaunButter

I have 36 defense on my armor, the master sword, 5 points in stamina and 11 hearts yet I'm too scared to do the first divine beast...

Am I a bitch?

Yes
ShaunButter

Originally Posted by Kaiken

Yes

I've always sucked at "boss fights" in games though. :(
DrArchon
(03-20-2017, 04:19 PM)

Am I a bitch?

Dude, Master Sword alone makes all of the Divine Beasts piss easy. Just go for it.
Nictel
(03-20-2017, 04:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Macchiato

lmao, riiighht??

I hope he's over 118 in this game because otherwise I'll feel very conflicted ahahah.

Does anyone know if we get to see his hair down and free? I need this.

He is 1018 years old ;-p
Macchiato
(03-20-2017, 04:21 PM)

Originally Posted by PRjumpman124

There's an armor set for that.

oh man i need
Kaiken

My defense was probably 12-14 and had about a 20 or less weapon when I defeated my first Divine Beast boss. They literally two-three shot me. You'll be fine, little bitch.
ShaunButter

Originally Posted by DrArchon

Dude, Master Sword alone makes all of the Divine Beasts piss easy. Just go for it.

I was going to get 20 hearts before I tried any of the divine beasts but I might just head over to Zora tonight...

Originally Posted by Kaiken

My defense was probably 12-14 and had about a 20 or less weapon when I defeated my first Divine Beast boss. They literally two-three shot me. You'll be fine, little bitch.

Pray for me. -_-
mauaus
(03-20-2017, 04:22 PM)

The same way you move any hilariously large non-metallic object in this game.

Stasis + a couple of good hits

Ooooohhhhhh feel like a dummy now
Dagobert Duck
(03-20-2017, 04:23 PM)

Am I a bitch?

I tackled the first divine beast with 5 hearts...you are ready dude
PillarEN
(03-20-2017, 04:24 PM)

I was going to get 20 hearts before I tried any of the divine beasts but I might just head over to Zora tonight...

Pray for me. -_-

Easy now. They are Divine Beasts not Gods of Gods. Having 10 hearts is good. Going to Zora is also probably the right choice for you considering your health concerns going forward.
dmaul1114
(03-20-2017, 04:25 PM)

I'm generally terrible at boss fights too, but they're indeed "piss easy" in this game. Especially if you have good food to buff your offense/defense. And you can have tons of health restore meals etc.

That said, I didn't need much of that for the bosses. Only had a little trouble with Thunderblight Gannon, but not bad--mostly wonky camera there. Think I only ate a couple of meals for the final battle even as it took me a bit to figure out the 2nd stage, and I was at 17 hearts and worse armor than you.
DrArchon
(03-20-2017, 04:25 PM)

Yeah, the Divine Beasts aren't hard at all. The real reason you shouldn't do them is that they're way worse than the rest of the game.
ShaunButter
(03-20-2017, 04:27 PM)
Anything I need to know about the Zora beast fight? Spoiler tag if necessary.
bigJP
(03-20-2017, 04:27 PM)
i feel like the cooking aspect of this game renders boss battles too easy. even if you dont cook and just hunt you have enough heart recovery items that it becomes a joke.
PillarEN
(03-20-2017, 04:28 PM)

Do you have 20 electric arrows? If not then prepare for a hell of a fight. Well maybe not that crazy of a fight because of how supped up you are already haha.
DrArchon

Nothing you won't figure out from the lead up to the Divine Beast itself.
Dagobert Duck

Yeah, the Divine Beasts aren't hard at all. The real reason you shouldn't do them is that they're way worse than the rest of the game.

You mean the beasts per se or the actual fight? Cause I enjoyed the fight (Zora domain) quite a lot
bigJP

i went head first and sliced away. back away when needed and pester it with arrows
DrArchon
(03-20-2017, 04:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Dagobert Duck

You mean the beasts per se or the actual fight? Cause I enjoyed the fight (Zora domain) quite a lot

The beasts themselves. Just so underwhelming compared to exploring the rest of the game.
Dartastic
(03-20-2017, 04:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Jolkien

Is the armor set spoiler Guardian armor set worth it ? I wonder if I should spring for it I'm at 98/120 Shrine so I wonder if I should just wait for the tunic or not.

It looks badass. That's worth it alone. :p
Golgo 13
(03-20-2017, 04:32 PM)

General gameplay for getting amiibo exclusives.

1: Save the game
2: Scan amiibo
3: Did you get what you want? If no, load the save game and return to step 2.

This doesn't mean that you won't necessarily waste a huge amount of time. I spent almost an hour yesterday scanning and rescanning my Smash Zelda amiibo for a Twilight Bow. All of that stuff is really rare. But, scanning more than once a day counts for so. A mething.

Didn't realize you could just "load" a game. Must've missed it, knew you could save anytime.
ShaunButter
(03-20-2017, 04:32 PM)

Originally Posted by PillarEN

Do you have 20 electric arrows? If not then prepare for a hell of a fight. Well maybe not that crazy of a fight because of how supped up you are already haha.

I have about 60 of them haha, I am pretty well stocked on all arrows, at least 20 - 80 of each kind.
PillarEN
(03-20-2017, 04:33 PM)

I have about 60 of them haha, I am pretty well stocked on all arrows, at least 20 - 80 of each kind.

Oh for fucks sa... Go do the Zora Divine Beast already.
muteki
(03-20-2017, 04:34 PM)

I'm sure there is probably another way but bring a healthy supply of arrows. Don't just use the Electric ones either.
effingvic
(03-20-2017, 04:36 PM)
Heh, randomly ran into Grante. Too bad I own / know where to get all the armor sets he sells. Still a nice way to get stuff that players may have missed during their journey.

His parents backstory was surprisingly serious. I enjoyed it.
Dagobert Duck
(03-20-2017, 04:37 PM)

The beasts themselves. Just so underwhelming compared to exploring the rest of the game.

Yeah a bit, but there is hope the DLC will cover more about them maybe
Jpop
(03-20-2017, 04:38 PM)
I have 4 hearts and completed my first divine beast last night. Why are you so afraid to die?

Fun Fact

I take my Switch with me to work and play 15-20 minutes every hour or so.

Still dont understand how I have 30+ bours but Ive barely touched the surface of the game. I can easily see final completion time at 200+ hours.
Inferno313
(03-20-2017, 04:38 PM)

Dude, it's gonna be a cakewalk, just go do it. Eat a Mighty dish when the fight starts, if you want. You'll absolutely wreck everything.
ShaunButter
(03-20-2017, 04:39 PM)

Originally Posted by PillarEN

Oh for fucks sa... Go do the Zora Divine Beast already.

What's best armour? I have mainly been using the Ancient chest piece and the Soldier helm and legs, all 2* upgrades.

I have 3* full stealth armor, 2* full climing... Oh I upgraded the Zora chest bit to 2* as well.
lyrick
(03-20-2017, 04:40 PM)

Originally Posted by effingvic

Heh, randomly ran into Grante. Too bad I own / know where to get all the armor sets he sells. Still a nice way to get stuff that players may have missed during their journey.

His parents backstory was surprisingly serious. I enjoyed it.

Pretty sure he only sells things you have already come across. He exists so you can replace those things you broke that your really, really liked or accidentally sold.
bennywhatever
(03-20-2017, 04:41 PM)
Final Boss Discussion:

So Ganon... that was it? I feel like if you go in prepared at all, it's a stupid easy fight, then an unnecessary second phase. If you use Urbosa's Fury, you can stun lock him to 1/4 health. Then he starts shooting guardian lasers that you can reflect back at him, keeping him stunlocked.
Then the second phase, which kind of fun, didn't feel very climactic at all. For such an amazing game, I was hoping for a better, more satisfying final boss fight.
takriel
(03-20-2017, 04:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Jpop

I have 4 hearts and completed my first divine beast last night. Why are you so afraid to die?

Fun Fact

I take my Switch with me to work and play 15-20 minutes every hour or so.

Still dont understand how I have 30+ bours but Ive barely touched the surface of the game. I can easily see final completion time at 200+ hours.

Oh the procrastination!
cubicle47b
(03-20-2017, 04:42 PM)
I have a fully upgraded barbarian set now. It's a little ridiculous.
effingvic
(03-20-2017, 04:43 PM)

Originally Posted by lyrick

Pretty sure he only sells things you have already come across. He exists so you can replace those things you broke that your really, really liked or accidentally sold.

Ah okay. That explains the starter armor set. I remember reading a lot of people sold it early on and went to regret it. Good guy Grante.
Chezzymann

Originally Posted by bennywhatever

Final Boss Discussion:

So Ganon... that was it? I feel like if you go in prepared at all, it's a stupid easy fight, then an unnecessary second phase. If you use Urbosa's Fury, you can stun lock him to 1/4 health. Then he starts shooting guardian lasers that you can reflect back at him, keeping him stunlocked.
Then the second phase, which kind of fun, didn't feel very climactic at all. For such an amazing game, I was hoping for a better, more satisfying final boss fight.

lynels are harder than ganon, hell i found the 'major test of strength' a bit harder :p
tariniel
I did the Divine Beast Van Medoh (Rito area) over the weekend. In my opinion it was the easiest one yet with the least lead up.

Personal Divine Beat tier list:

1. Rudania
2. Ruta
3. Medoh

I haven't been to the Gerudo area yet, I hope that one is fun. I have maybe 3 or 4 towers left and then I'll have the whole map explored. The game is coming close to the end for me, even though there is still a ton to explore. I think I have 54~ shrines and almost 100 seeds found so far.

I wish the Goron and Rito had recognized Link more like the Zora did. It was a cool feeling going into the Zora area and everyone recognizes you and is in awe and/or pissed that you are alive. Really gave a sense of importance to the whole thing. The Rito and Goron you are pretty much just a stranger that they let help with their problems.
Last edited by tariniel; 03-20-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Mandelbo
(03-20-2017, 04:44 PM)

What's best armour? I have mainly been using the Ancient chest piece and the Soldier helm and legs, all 2* upgrades.

I have 3* full stealth armor, 2* full climing... Oh I upgraded the Zora chest bit to 2* as well.

I think at this point it sort of doesn't matter what armour you wear, bosses don't scale in difficulty along with you so it likely won't make a dent in you no matter what you wear.
Inferno313

You have more upgraded armor than I do, and I've done all four dungeons. Just go do the fucking dungeon, christ! :P

Seriously though, if you've beaten a few Hinox's, you've fought something as-hard if not harder than the dungeon bosses.
Firemind

Originally Posted by tariniel

I did the Divine Beast Van Medoh (Rito area) over the weekend. In my opinion it was the easiest one yet.

Personal Divine Beat tier list:

1. Rudania
2. Ruta
3. Medoh

I haven't been to the Gerudo area yet, I hope that one is fun. I have maybe 3 or 4 towers left and then I'll have the whole map explored. The game is coming close to the end for me, even though there is still a ton to explore. I think I have 54~ shrines and almost 100 seeds found so far.

That's the best one.
bennywhatever

Originally Posted by Chezzymann

lynels are harder than ganon, hell i found the 'major test of strength' a bit harder :p

I had just fought a White Lynel a couple hours before Ganon and it was 10x as tense. I concur. Heck I thought the divine beast bosses (the blights) were harder.
Jazzem

Originally Posted by bennywhatever

Final Boss Discussion:

I'd love a version of the final boss balanced for players w/lots of hearts and cooked meals, would've been really satisfying to have all the hours put into the game pay off like that. I guess that's the tricky thing with having it have to be beatable for low level Link also.
MildSoss
(03-20-2017, 04:45 PM)
Wait...

You can grab the Master sword before you even ever do any divine beasts? The master sword ain't breakable, is it? Please say it isn't so.
CrazyHorse
(03-20-2017, 04:46 PM)
On this page I can see durability stats and other stats for weapons. But the game only has one number? Where did they get these other numbers from?

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2017...h-of-the-wild/
GalacticMouse
(03-20-2017, 04:47 PM)

Originally Posted by MildSoss

Wait...

You can grab the Master sword before you even ever do any divine beasts? The master sword ain't breakable, is it? Please say it isn't so.

Yeah you can. It has a 10 minute cool down rather than actually breaking.
En-ou
man, the trek up death mt. amazing!!

5 apples later:

Last edited by En-ou; 03-20-2017 at 04:55 PM.
WrenchNinja

Wait...

You can, and it is. But it has a ten minute recharge time so it will fix itself.
TrueBlue
Is there any particular reason why visiting Pikida Stonegrove brings a change in music?
Inferno313

Wait...

It "loses energy" which is effectively the same as breaking, but is then usable again after ~10 minutes. Which is the right approach, IMO. Encourages you to still use a lot of the other stuff.