• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Dagobert Duck
(03-20-2017, 04:28 PM)

Originally Posted by DrArchon

Yeah, the Divine Beasts aren't hard at all. The real reason you shouldn't do them is that they're way worse than the rest of the game.

You mean the beasts per se or the actual fight? Cause I enjoyed the fight (Zora domain) quite a lot
bigJP
(03-20-2017, 04:28 PM)

Originally Posted by ShaunButter

Anything I need to know about the Zora beast fight? Spoiler tag if necessary.

i went head first and sliced away. back away when needed and pester it with arrows
DrArchon
(03-20-2017, 04:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Dagobert Duck

You mean the beasts per se or the actual fight? Cause I enjoyed the fight (Zora domain) quite a lot

The beasts themselves. Just so underwhelming compared to exploring the rest of the game.
Dartastic
(03-20-2017, 04:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Jolkien

Is the armor set spoiler Guardian armor set worth it ? I wonder if I should spring for it I'm at 98/120 Shrine so I wonder if I should just wait for the tunic or not.

It looks badass. That's worth it alone. :p
Golgo 13
(03-20-2017, 04:32 PM)

General gameplay for getting amiibo exclusives.

1: Save the game
2: Scan amiibo
3: Did you get what you want? If no, load the save game and return to step 2.

This doesn't mean that you won't necessarily waste a huge amount of time. I spent almost an hour yesterday scanning and rescanning my Smash Zelda amiibo for a Twilight Bow. All of that stuff is really rare. But, scanning more than once a day counts for so. A mething.

Didn't realize you could just "load" a game. Must've missed it, knew you could save anytime.
ShaunButter
(03-20-2017, 04:32 PM)

Originally Posted by PillarEN

Do you have 20 electric arrows? If not then prepare for a hell of a fight. Well maybe not that crazy of a fight because of how supped up you are already haha.

I have about 60 of them haha, I am pretty well stocked on all arrows, at least 20 - 80 of each kind.
PillarEN
(03-20-2017, 04:33 PM)

I have about 60 of them haha, I am pretty well stocked on all arrows, at least 20 - 80 of each kind.

Oh for fucks sa... Go do the Zora Divine Beast already.
muteki
(03-20-2017, 04:34 PM)

Anything I need to know about the Zora beast fight? Spoiler tag if necessary.

I'm sure there is probably another way but bring a healthy supply of arrows. Don't just use the Electric ones either.
effingvic
(03-20-2017, 04:36 PM)
Heh, randomly ran into Grante. Too bad I own / know where to get all the armor sets he sells. Still a nice way to get stuff that players may have missed during their journey.

His parents backstory was surprisingly serious. I enjoyed it.
Dagobert Duck
(03-20-2017, 04:37 PM)

The beasts themselves. Just so underwhelming compared to exploring the rest of the game.

Yeah a bit, but there is hope the DLC will cover more about them maybe
Jpop
(03-20-2017, 04:38 PM)
I have 4 hearts and completed my first divine beast last night. Why are you so afraid to die?

Fun Fact

I take my Switch with me to work and play 15-20 minutes every hour or so.

Still dont understand how I have 30+ bours but Ive barely touched the surface of the game. I can easily see final completion time at 200+ hours.
Inferno313
(03-20-2017, 04:38 PM)

Dude, it's gonna be a cakewalk, just go do it. Eat a Mighty dish when the fight starts, if you want. You'll absolutely wreck everything.
ShaunButter
(03-20-2017, 04:39 PM)

Originally Posted by PillarEN

Oh for fucks sa... Go do the Zora Divine Beast already.

What's best armour? I have mainly been using the Ancient chest piece and the Soldier helm and legs, all 2* upgrades.

I have 3* full stealth armor, 2* full climing... Oh I upgraded the Zora chest bit to 2* as well.
lyrick
(03-20-2017, 04:40 PM)

Originally Posted by effingvic

Heh, randomly ran into Grante. Too bad I own / know where to get all the armor sets he sells. Still a nice way to get stuff that players may have missed during their journey.

His parents backstory was surprisingly serious. I enjoyed it.

Pretty sure he only sells things you have already come across. He exists so you can replace those things you broke that your really, really liked or accidentally sold.
bennywhatever
(03-20-2017, 04:41 PM)
Final Boss Discussion:

So Ganon... that was it? I feel like if you go in prepared at all, it's a stupid easy fight, then an unnecessary second phase. If you use Urbosa's Fury, you can stun lock him to 1/4 health. Then he starts shooting guardian lasers that you can reflect back at him, keeping him stunlocked.
Then the second phase, which kind of fun, didn't feel very climactic at all. For such an amazing game, I was hoping for a better, more satisfying final boss fight.
takriel
(03-20-2017, 04:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Jpop

I have 4 hearts and completed my first divine beast last night. Why are you so afraid to die?

Fun Fact

I take my Switch with me to work and play 15-20 minutes every hour or so.

Still dont understand how I have 30+ bours but Ive barely touched the surface of the game. I can easily see final completion time at 200+ hours.

Oh the procrastination!
cubicle47b
(03-20-2017, 04:42 PM)
I have a fully upgraded barbarian set now. It's a little ridiculous.
effingvic
(03-20-2017, 04:43 PM)

Originally Posted by lyrick

Pretty sure he only sells things you have already come across. He exists so you can replace those things you broke that your really, really liked or accidentally sold.

Ah okay. That explains the starter armor set. I remember reading a lot of people sold it early on and went to regret it. Good guy Grante.
Chezzymann

Originally Posted by bennywhatever

Final Boss Discussion:

So Ganon... that was it? I feel like if you go in prepared at all, it's a stupid easy fight, then an unnecessary second phase. If you use Urbosa's Fury, you can stun lock him to 1/4 health. Then he starts shooting guardian lasers that you can reflect back at him, keeping him stunlocked.
Then the second phase, which kind of fun, didn't feel very climactic at all. For such an amazing game, I was hoping for a better, more satisfying final boss fight.

lynels are harder than ganon, hell i found the 'major test of strength' a bit harder :p
tariniel
I did the Divine Beast Van Medoh (Rito area) over the weekend. In my opinion it was the easiest one yet with the least lead up.

Personal Divine Beat tier list:

1. Rudania
2. Ruta
3. Medoh

I haven't been to the Gerudo area yet, I hope that one is fun. I have maybe 3 or 4 towers left and then I'll have the whole map explored. The game is coming close to the end for me, even though there is still a ton to explore. I think I have 54~ shrines and almost 100 seeds found so far.

I wish the Goron and Rito had recognized Link more like the Zora did. It was a cool feeling going into the Zora area and everyone recognizes you and is in awe and/or pissed that you are alive. Really gave a sense of importance to the whole thing. The Rito and Goron you are pretty much just a stranger that they let help with their problems.
Last edited by tariniel; 03-20-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Mandelbo
(03-20-2017, 04:44 PM)

What's best armour? I have mainly been using the Ancient chest piece and the Soldier helm and legs, all 2* upgrades.

I have 3* full stealth armor, 2* full climing... Oh I upgraded the Zora chest bit to 2* as well.

I think at this point it sort of doesn't matter what armour you wear, bosses don't scale in difficulty along with you so it likely won't make a dent in you no matter what you wear.
Inferno313

You have more upgraded armor than I do, and I've done all four dungeons. Just go do the fucking dungeon, christ! :P

Seriously though, if you've beaten a few Hinox's, you've fought something as-hard if not harder than the dungeon bosses.
Firemind

Originally Posted by tariniel

I did the Divine Beast Van Medoh (Rito area) over the weekend. In my opinion it was the easiest one yet.

Personal Divine Beat tier list:

1. Rudania
2. Ruta
3. Medoh

I haven't been to the Gerudo area yet, I hope that one is fun. I have maybe 3 or 4 towers left and then I'll have the whole map explored. The game is coming close to the end for me, even though there is still a ton to explore. I think I have 54~ shrines and almost 100 seeds found so far.

That's the best one.
bennywhatever

Originally Posted by Chezzymann

lynels are harder than ganon, hell i found the 'major test of strength' a bit harder :p

I had just fought a White Lynel a couple hours before Ganon and it was 10x as tense. I concur. Heck I thought the divine beast bosses (the blights) were harder.
Jazzem

Originally Posted by bennywhatever

Final Boss Discussion:

I'd love a version of the final boss balanced for players w/lots of hearts and cooked meals, would've been really satisfying to have all the hours put into the game pay off like that. I guess that's the tricky thing with having it have to be beatable for low level Link also.
MildSoss
(03-20-2017, 04:45 PM)
Wait...

You can grab the Master sword before you even ever do any divine beasts? The master sword ain't breakable, is it? Please say it isn't so.
CrazyHorse
(03-20-2017, 04:46 PM)
On this page I can see durability stats and other stats for weapons. But the game only has one number? Where did they get these other numbers from?

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2017...h-of-the-wild/
GalacticMouse
(03-20-2017, 04:47 PM)

Originally Posted by MildSoss

Wait...

You can grab the Master sword before you even ever do any divine beasts? The master sword ain't breakable, is it? Please say it isn't so.

Yeah you can. It has a 10 minute cool down rather than actually breaking.
En-ou
man, the trek up death mt. amazing!!

5 apples later:

Last edited by En-ou; 03-20-2017 at 04:55 PM.
WrenchNinja

Wait...

You can, and it is. But it has a ten minute recharge time so it will fix itself.
TrueBlue
Is there any particular reason why visiting Pikida Stonegrove brings a change in music?
Inferno313

Wait...

It "loses energy" which is effectively the same as breaking, but is then usable again after ~10 minutes. Which is the right approach, IMO. Encourages you to still use a lot of the other stuff.
ShaunButter
(03-20-2017, 04:51 PM)

Wait...

Correct, I powered my way to 13 hearts then claimed some back and put them in stamina once I got the sword, not done any divine beasts yet.
The Lamonster
(03-20-2017, 04:51 PM)
I want to do the Goron main quest for the divine beast but I can't even get close to the nav point without getting set on fire.

Tips, please :)
ShaunButter
(03-20-2017, 04:52 PM)

Originally Posted by The Lamonster

I want to do the Goron main quest for the divine beast but I can't even get close to the nav point without getting set on fire.

Elixirs are your friend.
Chezzymann
(03-20-2017, 04:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Mandelbo

I think at this point it sort of doesn't matter what armour you wear, bosses don't scale in difficulty along with you so it likely won't make a dent in you no matter what you wear.

I think thats a fairly significant design flaw in the game. There's all this cool shit to find through exploration, and your reward is... some really lame boss fights. If anything, if you want good boss fights, going straight to hyrule castle and doing the boss rush is your best option. But then you miss all that amazing content. Its kind of weird that doing everything the game has to offer makes the bosses disappointing, its almost punishing you. They should either scale with what gear you have or just be harder in general.
lyrick

Originally Posted by The Lamonster

Stop by the stable on the way into the region and talk to the person by the cooking pot.

Bring rupies.
norm9

Originally Posted by muteki

I feel like I was really progressing for a while there but after not finding any more armor upgrades for a while and the new armor I've obtained being weaker...that and weapons still ranging in the 20-30 range I feel like I've really stagnated. I'm hoping this changes next city though. I'm currently content just activating shrines and coming back to them later. A few less-than-fun ones recently have kinda put me off them for a while.

I finished the divine beasts and almost beat ganon last night. All my weapons are in the 20-30 range, more towards the 20 side. I haven't gotten a strong unique weapon in forever.
Deku Tree
(03-20-2017, 04:54 PM)

Originally Posted by CrazyHorse

On this page I can see durability stats and other stats for weapons. But the game only has one number? Where did they get these other numbers from?

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2017...h-of-the-wild/

Only attack or defense power is listed in the game. The other numbers are hidden.

Some of the numbers are in the official guide. Like the Hylian shield has 800 durability. Possibly you can also get the numbers from data mining the games code.
_Rob_
(03-20-2017, 04:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Chezzymann

I think thats a fairly significant design flaw in the game. There's all this cool shit to find through exploration, and your reward is... some really lame boss fights. If anything, if you want good boss fights, going straight to hyrule castle and doing the boss rush is your best option. But then you miss all that amazing content. Its kind of weird that doing everything the game has to offer makes the bosses disappointing, its almost punishing you. They should either scale with what gear you have or just be harder in general.

Personally I like the choice, it reminds me of how Megaman X handled it's first boss encounter. When a boss is difficult at first, and lot easier after the journey, it serves to make it feel worth the effort.
dmaul1114
(03-20-2017, 04:55 PM)

Originally Posted by bigJP

i feel like the cooking aspect of this game renders boss battles too easy. even if you dont cook and just hunt you have enough heart recovery items that it becomes a joke.

I hate hard boss fights (still platinumed Bloodborne with no summoning though!) so that was honestly a plus for me. Gamers that want more of a challenge can not add hearts or use the food. Those who just want to get them over with can power through them by gaining hearts and improving armor, doing them later when they have better weapons, use food as needed etc. Good way to customize difficulty options IMO.
vareon
(03-20-2017, 04:56 PM)
Went mineral hunting and ended up in a very curious looking place: Forgotten Temple. For a series that is inspired by Miyamoto stumbling into a cave, this game very much lacks caverns so a finding cavern-like place was fantastic.

"What could go wrong?" I think.

"Everything," this game answered.
CrazyHorse

Originally Posted by Deku Tree

Only attack or defense power is listed in the game. The other numbers are hidden.

Some of the numbers are in the official guide. Like the Hylian shield has 800 durability. Possibly you can also get the numbers from data mining the games code.

Thanks!
The Lamonster

Originally Posted by lyrick

Stop by the stable on the way into the region and talk to the person by the cooking pot.

Bring rupies.

Thanks. This is silly because I did talk to him yesterday but figured I could find a free solution somewhere out there. Oh well!
En-ou
(03-20-2017, 04:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Macchiato

lmao, riiighht??

I hope he's over 118 in this game because otherwise I'll feel very conflicted ahahah.

Does anyone know if we get to see his hair down and free? I need this.

I have an armor set where his hair is down but his eyes are covered.
NOLA_Gaffer
(03-20-2017, 04:59 PM)

Originally Posted by En-ou

man, the trek up death mt. amazing!!

Whoa, the moblin mask is cool. Where do you pick that up?
Cooter
Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
(03-20-2017, 05:00 PM)
Just finally finished my last beast (fire lizard) after 16 days and 65+ hours and have no immediate intention of going to the castle. Love love love this game!
En-ou
(03-20-2017, 05:00 PM)

Originally Posted by NOLA_Gaffer

Whoa, the moblin mask is cool. Where do you pick that up?

rumoured fang and bone shop in akkala. that's all the clues you get.
vareon
(03-20-2017, 05:01 PM)
Okay I'm still laughing at this place. LMAO this is fantastic.
AndrewDean84xX
(03-20-2017, 05:04 PM)
I own the Wii U version, and my daughter has the Switch version. Only real difference I notice is the framerate gets hit more often on the U. Not a huge deal for me.

I play the Wii U version on the tv in our upstairs living room, while my daughter plays on the switch. We're constantly telling each other to come and look, then we are marking each other maps for locations. Basically, we're playing Zelda as a co-op game, lol.