• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Onikaan
(03-18-2017, 10:00 PM)
Has anyone noticed an issue with Glaz's gun when looking down the scope? Countless times now ive pulled the trigger over an enemy and the bullet hasnt made contact.

Only noticed this since latest update.
Musky_Cheese
(03-18-2017, 11:19 PM)

Originally Posted by TimeEffect

Glaz is disgusting

Smoked a room, made 3 kills from the safety of the smoke.

I feel a nerf coming. Probably removing his smokes to make him dependent or something

I can't believe they release the patch as is. Completely crap imo
fr0st
(03-19-2017, 12:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Onikaan

Has anyone noticed an issue with Glaz's gun when looking down the scope? Countless times now ive pulled the trigger over an enemy and the bullet hasnt made contact.

People on Reddit have proof of this issue
andycapps
(03-19-2017, 01:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Onikaan

Wonder if it's like the ACOG on L85 bug that Exec has been talking about forever. Basically every 5 or 10 shots is off by about 6 inches if at a decent range. Rest of them are accurate. Not an issue with other sights, either.

https://youtu.be/YE4RQrmGpNU
Neverender
(03-19-2017, 09:06 AM)
There really should be some sort of surrender without penalty option in ranked if you're down 2-3 players due to quitting. Two games in a row the other day our team mates quit in the second round leaving my friend and I at 2 v 5 for the rest of the match. We lost both times of course and ranked down. Unfair.
Disgraced
(03-19-2017, 08:57 PM)
A while back somebody on the boards asked if there was any place they could learn about pro strategies, and well, here are invitational match analyses by Canadian, captain of the league champions, Continuum.

ESG vs deX - Kafe
ESG vs deX - Consulate

Originally Posted by Neverender

There really should be some sort of surrender without penalty option in ranked if you're down 2-3 players due to quitting. Two games in a row the other day our team mates quit in the second round leaving my friend and I at 2 v 5 for the rest of the match. We lost both times of course and ranked down. Unfair.

The system definitely needs to account for dropping more than it does and a backfill bonus or loss reduction ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY needs to be implemented.

A clanmate (who was plat at the time) and I once joined a ranked game 0-3 on fucking MATCH POINT and were stuck SPECTATING. Which as I understand it, was actually a bug—however, I still see insertions on 0-2 from time to time and that there's absolutely no mitigation or compensation for such is GOD DAMN CRAP.
Last edited by Disgraced; 03-19-2017 at 09:01 PM.
andycapps
(03-19-2017, 09:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Disgraced

A while back somebody on the boards asked if there was any place they could learn about pro strategies, and well, here are invitational match analyses by Canadian, captain of the league champions, Continuum.

ESG vs deX - Kafe
ESG vs deX - Consulate
The system definitely needs to account for dropping more than it does and a backfill bonus or loss reduction ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY needs to be implemented.

A clanmate (who was plat at the time) and I once joined a ranked game 0-3 on fucking MATCH POINT and were stuck SPECTATING. Which as I understand it, was actually a bug—however, I still see insertions on 0-2 from time to time and that there's absolutely no mitigation or compensation for such is GOD DAMN CRAP.

King George also has a bunch of map breakdowns on Youtube. He was formerly in Continuum but now in Era.
Auctopus
Banned
(03-19-2017, 11:00 PM)
Gonna head on in about 20 minutes.
mf.luder
(03-20-2017, 10:59 AM)
I did not know that attacking team can pick up rook vests.
andycapps
(03-20-2017, 01:50 PM)

Originally Posted by mf.luder

I did not know that attacking team can pick up rook vests.

Yep. Which is why rook can destroy the pack with no point penalty after the round starts if his team doesn't pick all of them up.
Disgraced
(03-20-2017, 06:35 PM)
Don't open something just because you can, kids.

Originally Posted by andycapps

King George also has a bunch of map breakdowns on Youtube. He was formerly in Continuum but now in Era.

Yooo, that's dope.

Here's a link for anyone interested.
CrayToes
(03-20-2017, 09:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Auctopus

Gonna head on in about 20 minutes.

Gonna be on tonight if you're around
Auctopus
Banned
(03-20-2017, 09:37 PM)

Originally Posted by CrayToes

Gonna be on tonight if you're around

Yep, I'll be on around 9pm.
andycapps
(Yesterday, 01:12 AM)
Pro League match between Continuum and Elevate up soon on official Siege Twitch channel. I'm not sure if this is qualifying or just a scrimmage. I would think Continuum would have already qualified from winning the past two seasons.

Elevate was formerly an Xbox pro team, so should be an interesting match.
Last edited by andycapps; Yesterday at 01:15 AM.
andycapps
(Yesterday, 02:25 AM)
Wow, first map (Kafe) Elevate went up 0-4 and Continuum came back and won 6-4.
mf.luder
(Yesterday, 03:12 AM)
Sorry for letting you guys down tonight. I'm so gullible. :(
CrayToes
(Yesterday, 10:42 AM)

Lol, it's cool. We all found it funny. We nearly won the match too.
Auctopus
Banned
(Yesterday, 01:25 PM)

It's fine, we almost won if it wasn't for our other team-mate. There should be a "Never match me with this person again, ever" option.
Disgraced
(Yesterday, 01:50 PM)

Wow, first map (Kafe) Elevate went up 0-4 and Continuum came back and won 6-4.

That was a good-ass match, but that use of Glaz agitates me, especially when they were overconfident with him (i.e. Canadian's botched rush in the freezer). I understand high level players' frustration with the domination of Montagne, but I think a meta with him is far more dynamic and fun than Glaz, an operator who is so much less team-oriented.

They both need very soft nerfs. Perhaps remove the laser from Monty's revolver, and reduce Glaz's ROF. But I fear Ubi's going to scorch them, and then we're going to be back to square one, which is a lot of samey team compositions.

To a certain extent, I'm worried about the same thing with Fuze, who only needs a slight range reduction and a fix for the excessive bouncing.

On the other end, I'm afraid of a Blitz buff going too far as well. At this point all he needs is a fucking hitbox fix. After the small buffs here and there he's received alongside the other shields he's already creeped back in the meta ever so slightly, I firmly believe a hitbox fix could edge him back into total viability.
andycapps
(Yesterday, 02:04 PM)

That was a good-ass match, but that use of Glaz agitates me, especially when they were overconfident with him (i.e. Canadian's botched rush in the freezer). I understand high level players' frustration with the domination of Montagne, but I think a meta with him is far more dynamic and fun than Glaz, an operator who is so much less team-oriented.

They both need very soft nerfs. Perhaps remove the laser from Monty's revolver, and reduce Glaz's ROF. But I fear Ubi's going to scorch them, and then we're going to be back to square one, which is a lot of samey team compositions.

To a certain extent, I'm worried about the same thing with Fuze, who only needs a slight range reduction and a fix for the excessive bouncing.

On the other end, I'm afraid of a Blitz buff going too far as well. At this point all he needs is a fucking hitbox fix. After the small buffs here and there he's received alongside the other shields he's already creeped back in the meta ever so slightly, I firmly believe a hitbox fix could edge him back into total viability.

Continuum always starts out really slow and it seems like they're figuring out what the other team is doing and then they change their strategy completely to counter it and unless the other team can change their strategy, then it's over. And it doesn't seem like any of the other teams change their strategies like that. Definitely none of the non-NA teams.

The Glaz buff Is frustrating because he's so strong now that every pro league team is picking him for every match. I'd rather see everyone pick Montagne than do the same thing with Glaz every round: smoke everything, Glaz take out a couple before he gets taken out, rinse and repeat.

Think they're going to take Glaz's smoke grenades away so that he'll have to work with other operators. Or maybe they reduce the 3 smokes to 2. I don't think they'll take the thermal away though, but who knows. Maybe you try to make other operators stronger to counter him. Give Pulse back his range and instant switch again maybe.

Yeah, Blitz doesn't need much. Fix the hotbox and that's about it. Maybe they could make the shield slightly bigger? He's being played more at high levels of ranked play (well beyond me lol) but nobody in pro league will use him. Not surprising that Jackal is never played. Hes pretty useless if your team is droning everything out.
Last edited by andycapps; Yesterday at 02:10 PM.
mf.luder
(Yesterday, 06:41 PM)

It's fine, we almost won if it wasn't for our other team-mate. There should be a "Never match me with this person again, ever" option.

Kush?
alpinestars1980
(Yesterday, 06:46 PM)

Agreed. Although, it would keep me from playing with most of my friends list.
Pegasus Actual
(Yesterday, 07:38 PM)
Three days after implementing 'fuck this guy' matchmaking R6 would go from 20 minute queue times to infinity.

I like it when randoms come through for me though. This might be my favorite ace that I've gotten: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Pegasus%20A...video/28326603

A bit of a surprise ace, I didn't realize I got the random wall-bang while fighting Montagne until I watched it back a couple of times. In the heat of the moment I was just confused because I thought I headshotted him but then he was still alive.

Anyway, the randoms... Valkyrie with the boss camera that I wanted. Literally all I was trying to do from the start of that clip (and probably a full minute prior) was to jump out that window for the flank. But somehow I got wrapped up in a situation where I had to kill the entire rest of the team to be allowed to do it! Boss random Echo takes care of my Montagne problem for me, and he was even getting Yokai in position to help with the second to last guy!
KodaRuss
(Yesterday, 07:53 PM)
What the hell ever happened to the damn funko pop style figures that they teased. My desk is really asking for an Ash or a IQ one.

EDIT: Well, I can answer my own question. Summer 2017, My birthday is in June Gaf...perfect timing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/co...g_summer_2017/
Last edited by KodaRuss; Yesterday at 07:59 PM.
fr0st
(Yesterday, 08:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Pegasus Actual

Three days after implementing 'fuck this guy' matchmaking R6 would go from 20 minute queue times to infinity.

I like it when randoms come through for me though. This might be my favorite ace that I've gotten: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Pegasus%20A...video/28326603

A bit of a surprise ace, I didn't realize I got the random wall-bang while fighting Montagne until I watched it back a couple of times. In the heat of the moment I was just confused because I thought I headshotted him but then he was still alive.

Anyway, the randoms... Valkyrie with the boss camera that I wanted. Literally all I was trying to do from the start of that clip (and probably a full minute prior) was to jump out that window for the flank. But somehow I got wrapped up in a situation where I had to kill the entire rest of the team to be allowed to do it! Boss random Echo takes care of my Montagne problem for me, and he was even getting Yokai in position to help with the second to last guy!

hey how did you get the fps and ping numbers at the bottom?
alpinestars1980
(Yesterday, 08:39 PM)

Originally Posted by KodaRuss

What the hell ever happened to the damn funko pop style figures that they teased. My desk is really asking for an Ash or a IQ one.

EDIT: Well, I can answer my own question. Summer 2017, My birthday is in June Gaf...perfect timing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/co...g_summer_2017/

You don't even play this game anymore. No way, bruh.

I've been in the trenches. I am more deserving of being showered with gifts.
Auctopus
Banned
(Yesterday, 08:55 PM)
I'm going to be torturing myself by playing this game tonight if anyone wants to join, probably in about half an hour.
Syncytia
(Yesterday, 08:57 PM)
So I've pretty much only played T hunt with a bit of multiplayer here and there and I almost like it but I just get destroyed in multiplayer and I don't know how to get better. Sometimes I enjoy the game but other times not so much. The camping aspect of this game annoys me a lot - last night I was killed through a little hole in the wall that a guy was sitting behind.

I'll watch those strategy videos posted above... but I do know this is supposed to be a team game, maybe I just need some teammates :(

Also, any of the year one operators worth unlocking? I've got enough to unlock one right now and can't decide if they're worth it. I've got maybe 10 operators unlocked so far. If a few of them are worth it I'll probably just buy the year one bundle as I don't have the time to grind it out unlocking too many of them.
KodaRuss
(Yesterday, 08:58 PM)

Originally Posted by alpinestars1980

I have been sucked into some single player games recently... Nioh, Horizon and I havent even started Nier: Automata yet. Ill usually spend 1 night a week playing Siege but Ill be playing more once I beat Horizon this weekend.

You can actually already preorder them as well. http://store.ubi.com/us/ubi-workshop/brands/six-siege/

Montagne
Smoke
Ash
IQ
Tachanka

Hmmm, honestly none of them are my favorite characters, I would love a Blitz but I think I am going to get IQ, Tachanka and Smoke or Montagne.

Last edited by KodaRuss; Yesterday at 09:04 PM.
andycapps
(Yesterday, 09:31 PM)

Originally Posted by fr0st

hey how did you get the fps and ping numbers at the bottom?

It's somewhere in the options. Maybe HUD options? That ping is live so much more accurate than looking at the scoreboard.
Pegasus Actual
(Yesterday, 09:48 PM)
Yeah it's somewhere in the options. And the ping numbers are weird. On PC I get like 30ms better across the board.
CrayToes
(Yesterday, 09:56 PM)

I'm going to be torturing myself by playing this game tonight if anyone wants to join, probably in about half an hour.

I'll be on in a bit if you're still around.
andycapps
(Yesterday, 10:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Pegasus Actual

Yeah it's somewhere in the options. And the ping numbers are weird. On PC I get like 30ms better across the board.

From what I've been told, the ones on the scoreboard are only a ballpark estimate as they're only refreshed every 10 seconds or so. The other one tells you right away what your ping is.
Dis3ngag3d
(Yesterday, 10:37 PM)
Anyone in EU wanna play on PC weeknights?

I put my name on the spreadsheet but I figured I would bump the thread as well.
Primethius
(Yesterday, 10:40 PM)
Gonna hop on in 15-20 for some ranked if anyone wants to join.
CrayToes
(Today, 02:04 AM)
Actually some really good games tonight.
IbizaPocholo
(Today, 02:30 AM)
This never ends :(
KodaRuss
(Today, 04:16 AM)
Some Sledge Rush Goodness
https://youtu.be/bZcQzfsquK8

This is from tonight Alpine, played just for you.
Last edited by KodaRuss; Today at 05:00 AM.
-Deimos
(Today, 07:07 AM)

I have been sucked into some single player games recently... Nioh, Horizon and I havent even started Nier: Automata yet. Ill usually spend 1 night a week playing Siege but Ill be playing more once I beat Horizon this weekend.

You can actually already preorder them as well. http://store.ubi.com/us/ubi-workshop/brands/six-siege/

Montagne
Smoke
Ash
IQ
Tachanka

Hmmm, honestly none of them are my favorite characters, I would love a Blitz but I think I am going to get IQ, Tachanka and Smoke or Montagne.

I need a Frost figurine asap.
Disgraced
(Today, 03:26 PM)

The Glaz buff Is frustrating because he's so strong now that every pro league team is picking him for every match. I'd rather see everyone pick Montagne than do the same thing with Glaz every round: smoke everything, Glaz take out a couple before he gets taken out, rinse and repeat.

Think they're going to take Glaz's smoke grenades away so that he'll have to work with other operators. Or maybe they reduce the 3 smokes to 2. I don't think they'll take the thermal away though, but who knows. Maybe you try to make other operators stronger to counter him. Give Pulse back his range and instant switch again maybe.

That wouldn't be bad. On the sub somebody suggested a forced green laser sight and another suggested adding scope blinking, which I like. *Another suggestion is Mute affecting the scope, which could be cool too. Still, the economic fix is taking smokes away and/or adjusting the gun's stats somehow. The ultimate fix would be a combination of all these concepts, but that's another overhaul entirely—one they probably can't invest into.

What boggles my mind is the idea that a Glaz and Monty meta are somehow worse than the original Blackbeard. Even Glaz in his current state is more team-oriented than any rendition of Blackbeard. I say this as someone who thinks the last nerf Blackbeard received was a little harsh. And Monty, for all his power, is one of the most team-oriented operators in the game by default—by nature.

If ever the game is reverted to a state where both Blackbeard and Blitz are pervasive, I will fucking flip a lid.

Ha, nice play. When that shotty works, it works. I actually like to use it on my beloved Mute on maps with tight corridors where I want to make lots of holes.
Last edited by Disgraced; Today at 03:36 PM. Reason: *scope flash not muzzle flash (lol)
Hippolnareff
(Today, 03:53 PM)

Originally Posted by IbizaPocholo

Operators can appear 2D.

ahahahah
andycapps
(Today, 04:00 PM)

Originally Posted by IbizaPocholo

So many of the issues seem to be caused by client side destruction. I know the focus this year is in moving everything to server side, but that can't happen soon enough.
Rocketz
(Today, 04:03 PM)
hahaha at that 2D model
alpinestars1980
(Today, 04:13 PM)

This is from tonight Alpine, played just for you.

Whatever. I'm more impressed by itsyaboii_alan.
KodaRuss
(Today, 07:04 PM)

Whatever. I'm more impressed by itsyaboii_alan.

I got a good laugh out of his name. I had to get back into the groove of things last night after taking some time off but I went 3-1 ranked.

Tried to join a casual game first but got kicked because the team decided to "kick the random" This player base sometimes....
alpinestars1980
(Today, 08:49 PM)

I got a good laugh out of his name. I had to get back into the groove of things last night after taking some time off but I went 3-1 ranked.

Tried to join a casual game first but got kicked because the team decided to "kick the random" This player base sometimes....

Yeah, it's the worst I've seen of any game.

I'll hopefully get some playing time tonight myself.
Disgraced
(Today, 10:04 PM)

Yeah, it's the worst I've seen of any game.

I'll hopefully get some playing time tonight myself.

People say that for every game. Although I don't say that to diminish the toxicity that exists among the R6 player base. I'm on spring break, but my usual squadmates are busy, so I've been using Xbox's "Looking for Group" function lately, and fuckin' A have I encountered some total assholes. Fortunately, I'm not a "squeaker" or woman and my skill is only second to worst, but by god as soon the salty slurring and AH THERE'S NO FUCKING WAY WHAT A HACKERs come out I ride out the match and capital b-a-i-l—BAIL.

Long story short, Xbox Live is still terrible and people are still evil.

Speaking of, I did create an Xbox club for GAFers a little while back and we are active, so if you would like in, let me know!
fr0st
(Today, 10:13 PM)
Not gonna quote the long post but you can add me RaiN DancE X

Also anyone got in the pts?
boredofcanada
(Today, 10:46 PM)

Speaking of, I did create an Xbox club for GAFers a little while back and we are active, so if you would like in, let me know!

I'd like to join.

Bloodbathnbyond
CrayToes
(Today, 10:56 PM)
Playing a few games on PS4 if anyone wants to join.