• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

12BoM
Member
(09-08-2016, 03:30 PM)
So... far away... times like this I wish I continued studying Japanese.

Need dat OST asap
Mediking
Member
(09-08-2016, 03:37 PM)
Mediking's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lusankya

Holy shit, the main menu is amazing.



How can one game be this stylish?

Atlus is truly the masters of style and are utterly embarrassing developers who just don't care about style at all.
Morning Star
Member
(09-08-2016, 03:53 PM)
Morning Star's Avatar
That's not all that different from P4's title screen, in terms of what's going on that is.
DNAbro
Member
(09-08-2016, 04:05 PM)
DNAbro's Avatar
We are slowly going to get more and more footage of the game. First we got the first 18 minutes, then first 40 minutes, next will be first hour, then 2 hours, then 5 hours, then 10, 20, 40, and then the first 80 hours.
Mediking
Member
(09-08-2016, 04:16 PM)
Mediking's Avatar

Originally Posted by Morning Star

That's not all that different from P4's title screen, in terms of what's going on that is.

P4G's title screen is simple. I'm trying to remember if it was graphic heavy or hype.... I don't think it was.

Originally Posted by DNAbro

We are slowly going to get more and more footage of the game. First we got the first 18 minutes, then first 40 minutes, next will be first hour, then 2 hours, then 5 hours, then 10, 20, 40, and then the first 80 hours.

To Hell with Youtube and spoiling games.
Thin White Duke
Junior Member
(09-08-2016, 04:28 PM)
Thin White Duke's Avatar

Originally Posted by DNAbro

Also
*snip*

I really want a PQ2 now, this is adorable.
CrimsonFist
Member
(09-08-2016, 04:38 PM)
CrimsonFist's Avatar

Originally Posted by DNAbro

We are slowly going to get more and more footage of the game. First we got the first 18 minutes, then first 40 minutes, next will be first hour, then 2 hours, then 5 hours, then 10, 20, 40, and then the first 80 hours.

And yet there hasn't actually been any official uncut combat/dungeon footage, unless you count that brief segment at the start.

Aside from a recording from one of the demo events that got taken down pretty quickly.
JimJamJones
Member
(09-08-2016, 04:38 PM)
JimJamJones's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lusankya

Holy shit, the main menu is amazing.



How can one game be this stylish?

That's stylish as hell. I cannot wait for February.
OrionX
Member
(09-08-2016, 04:45 PM)
OrionX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lusankya

Holy shit, the main menu is amazing.



How can one game be this stylish?

I'm unsure how to process this much awesomeness. Mmph this game, man. It has me.
.JayZii
Member
(09-08-2016, 04:51 PM)
.JayZii's Avatar
Lovely main menu. They really pumped up and executed better on what they did in P4.

I think people were stretching it a bit with the "plague doctor" aspect of Goro's mask. Definitely just looks like a bird masquerade mask. I guess his full thief outfit could change that, though.
Lunar15
Member
(09-08-2016, 04:55 PM)
Lunar15's Avatar
P3 and P4 seemed to be based on the concepts of reflection and nostalgia. The music and pace of the opening main menus reflected that.

P5 is all about energy. From the fact that the logo itself is slanted forward to the more frantic nature of the main menu. I love seeing how atlus implements their themes into every aspect of their games.
_Ryo_
(09-08-2016, 05:03 PM)
_Ryo_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Mediking

P4G's title screen is simple. I'm trying to remember if it was graphic heavy or hype.... I don't think it was.

It's silhouettes of the characters and an image of the school hallway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JbvBB2Rjdg
There's also an overlay of Yu running.

Edit, wait you said P4G...
I actually don't remember that one.
Last edited by _Ryo_; 09-08-2016 at 05:08 PM.
Mediking
Member
(09-08-2016, 05:08 PM)
Mediking's Avatar

Originally Posted by _Ryo_

It's silhouettes of the characters and an image of the school hallway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JbvBB2Rjdg
There's also an overlay of Yu running.

Wow.... can you find P3's intro?
.JayZii
Member
(09-08-2016, 05:13 PM)
.JayZii's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mediking

Wow.... can you find P3's intro?

3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsZIbOi9je8

FES:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKKKVEssZMY
Lunar15
Member
(09-08-2016, 05:15 PM)
Lunar15's Avatar
P4's is one of my favorite main menus of all time, but a lot of that comes with the feel of it timed with the song. Curious as to what the song for this one is.

P4's themes of nostalgia and zen were huge reasons I loved that game. Since P5 is going in the exact opposite direction, I'm curious if it's going to resonate as much. You can definitely tell the team approached P5 with the intent to be a mirror opposite of P4 in ways. P4 is about a small, quiet, peaceful town and returning it to that peace. P5 is about being in a loud, noisy, dirty city and completely changing it as much as possible. If P4 was about embracing the nostalgia of youth, P5 is about using the power of youth to reject nostalgia.
Last edited by Lunar15; 09-08-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Mediking
Member
(09-08-2016, 05:24 PM)
Mediking's Avatar

Originally Posted by .JayZii

3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsZIbOi9je8

FES:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKKKVEssZMY

!!! THE MEMORIES!! THEY'RE FLOODING BACK INTO MY HEART!!!!!!! AIGIS! YUKARI! JUNPEI! SHINJIRO! AHIKI! MITSURU! DOGGIE! KEN! EVERYBODY!

Originally Posted by Lunar15

P4's is one of my favorite main menus of all time, but a lot of that comes with the feel of it timed with the song. Curious as to what the song for this one is.

P4's themes of nostalgia and zen were huge reasons I loved that game. Since P5 is going in the exact opposite direction, I'm curious if it's going to resonate as much. You can definitely tell the team approached P5 with the intent to be a mirror opposite of P4 in ways. P4 is about a small, quiet, peaceful town and returning it to that peace. P5 is about being in a loud, noisy, dirty city and completely changing it as much as possible. If P4 was about embracing the nostalgia of youth, P5 is about using the power of youth to reject nostalgia.

I would love to see you write analysis, man.
.JayZii
Member
(09-08-2016, 05:24 PM)
.JayZii's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lunar15

P4's is one of my favorite main menus of all time, but a lot of that comes with the feel of it timed with the song. Curious as to what the song for this one is.

P4's themes of nostalgia and zen were huge reasons I loved that game. Since P5 is going in the exact opposite direction, I'm curious if it's going to resonate as much.

It's really all the downtime in between the setpieces and battles that gives P4 especially that resonation and lasting appeal. They haven't really showed any of that off because it doesn't really make for a good commercial. I'm hoping there will be lot's of quirky and charming NPC interaction and side content between dungeons.

Either way, I don't think P5 can compete with P4 on the cozy, warm hug nostalgia vibe, but I want it to set it's own unique tone for itself anyway. Just like how P3 and P4 are very very similar games, but the tone of the world and characters make them feel quite distinct from each other. We and the series have spent the last 8 years in Inaba, I'm ready for a trip back to the big city.
Lunar15
Member
(09-08-2016, 05:43 PM)
Lunar15's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mediking

I would love to see you write analysis, man.

It goes even farther. P4's personas were all based on highly visible and memorable facets of traditional Japanese mythology. P5's are seemingly all over the place, but when examined all together, they're all historically abberant. They all run counter to the prevailing thought process at the time they were conceived. They all have an element of disruptive chaos to them. Some are obvious, like Lupin, Kidd, and Milady who were thieves,pirates and spies.

As for the rest, Pope Joan was a mythical female pope: a legend that sprung up around unrest with the patriarchy of the papal system. Carmen represented a huge change from the traditional operatic female lead: she was un-innocent, fearless, and driven towards freedom. She dictated the actions of men rather than the other way around. The Necronomicon, the most disputed persona, still represents a chaotic and unpredictable force. To talk about such demonic subjects at a time when america's population was overwhelmingly christian was pretty outrageous, to the point that some people thought it was a real book. It represents the power to change the status quo, something befitting of Futaba's hacking prowess.

I really really love the contrast between these figures and the traditional figures of P4. P4's personas were all figures that were historically revered. P5's are all characters who made society feel uncomfortable.
Last edited by Lunar15; 09-08-2016 at 05:48 PM.
Setsu00
(09-08-2016, 05:53 PM)
Setsu00's Avatar
I'm not going to survive the next five months.
Thin White Duke
Junior Member
(09-08-2016, 06:01 PM)
Thin White Duke's Avatar
Most of my analysis on Persona 5 has been on some of the subtle things I noticed both in the gameplay and PVs. While I did my research on the Personae themselves, I ultimately began to notice some stuff that I don't think a lot of people have brought up.

So far this is what I figure:
  • There definitely seems to be a running theme with water or water-like effects. One of the biggest hints is by the trail effects the MC and Co. give off when they run around in the Palaces. Another, although not fairly obvious one is during The Day Breakers; when Kazuya fades away you hear a very water-y sound. Almost as if bubbles were released.
  • When Ryuji and MC discover Kamoshiida's Palace in PV3, it's raining. (While this could be a coincidence, in a later PV (#4) the scene with the group walking towards the Casino Palace seems to be raining.

It may be a lemotif with P5, although to what extent has yet to be seen. Though color me curious if the main villain had something to do with the rain, because I see a lot of symbolism from both the rain, the Seven Deadly Sins, the Palace bosses being based on the Seven Princes of Hell and the fact there's a church makes me want to believe that there is themes of there being a 'Great Flood' by using the hearts of humanity. Of course, this is just what I believe might be the case and nothing more.
Rutger
Member
(09-08-2016, 06:03 PM)
Rutger's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lunar15

It goes even farther. P4's personas were all based on highly visible and memorable facets of traditional Japanese mythology. P5's are seemingly all over the place, but when examined all together, they're all historically abberant. They all run counter to the prevailing thought process at the time they were conceived. They all have an element of disruptive chaos to them. Some are obvious, like Lupin, Kidd, and Milady who were thieves,pirates and spies.

As for the rest, Pope Joan was a mythical female pope: a legend that sprung up around unrest with the patriarchy of the papal system. Carmen represented a huge change from the traditional operatic female lead: she was un-innocent, fearless, and driven towards freedom. She dictated the actions of men rather than the other way around. The Necronomicon, the most disputed persona, still represents a chaotic and unpredictable force. To talk about such demonic subjects at a time when america's population was overwhelmingly christian was pretty outrageous, to the point that some people thought it was a real book. It represents the power to change the status quo, something befitting of Futaba's hacking prowess.

I really really love the contrast between these figures and the traditional figures of P4. P4's personas were all figures that were historically revered. P5's are all characters who made society feel uncomfortable.

Wow. I've been avoiding most info on the game and haven't thought about the history of the cast's Personas, but this is cool. Fits right in with the approach they've said they were going with the themes.

I already like the designs, but looking at them like this makes it all better.
Setsu00
(09-08-2016, 06:04 PM)
Setsu00's Avatar

Originally Posted by Thin White Duke

Most of my analysis on Persona 5 has been on some of the subtle things I noticed both in the gameplay and PVs. While I did my research on the Personae themselves, I ultimately began to notice some stuff that I don't think a lot of people have brought up.

So far this is what I figure:

  • There definitely seems to be a running theme with water or water-like effects. One of the biggest hints is by the trail effects the MC and Co. give off when they run around in the Palaces. Another, although not fairly obvious one is during The Day Breakers; when Kazuya fades away you hear a very water-y sound. Almost as if bubbles were released.
  • When Ryuji and MC discover Kamoshiida's Palace in PV3, it's raining. (While this could be a coincidence, in a later PV (#4) the scene with the group walking towards the Casino Palace seems to be raining.

It may be a lemotif with P5, although to what extent has yet to be seen. Though color me curious if the main villain had something to do with the rain, because I see a lot of symbolism from both the rain, the Seven Deadly Sins, the Palace bosses being based on the Seven Princes of Hell and the fact there's a church makes me want to believe that there is themes of there being a 'Great Flood' by using the hearts of humanity. Of course, this is just what I believe might be the case and nothing more.

Rain is going to be important, I'm pretty sure. You can even see the characters dancing in the rain during the OP.
.JayZii
Member
(09-08-2016, 06:06 PM)
.JayZii's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lunar15

It goes even farther. P4's personas were all based on highly visible and memorable facets of traditional Japanese mythology. P5's are seemingly all over the place, but when examined all together, they're all historically abberant. They all run counter to the prevailing thought process at the time they were conceived. They all have an element of disruptive chaos to them. Some are obvious, like Lupin, Kidd, and Milady who were thieves,pirates and spies.

As for the rest, Pope Joan was a mythical female pope: a legend that sprung up around unrest with the patriarchy of the papal system. Carmen represented a huge change from the traditional operatic female lead: she was un-innocent, fearless, and driven towards freedom. She dictated the actions of men rather than the other way around. The Necronomicon, the most disputed persona, still represents a chaotic and unpredictable force. To talk about such demonic subjects at a time when america's population was overwhelmingly christian was pretty outrageous, to the point that some people thought it was a real book. It represents the power to change the status quo, something befitting of Futaba's hacking prowess.

I really really love the contrast between these figures and the traditional figures of P4. P4's personas were all figures that were historically revered. P5's are all characters who made society feel uncomfortable.

Great point. I agree with everything but I disagree on your interpretation of the Necronomicon.

I think the Necronomicon Persona in P5 is more representative of Lovecraft's rebellion against the norms of supernatural literature that preceded him and spearheading a new genre of Cosmic Horror. The Necronomicon contained secrets beyond human understanding, alien to our very perception of reality. Truths about the universe that would make you realize the insignificance of your life and/or drive you to madness. Reclusive scholars who delve into forbidden tomes of knowledge only to shrink away from the truths that they lay bare. That what people think of religion, gods and demons are just entities that we cannot understand or fully perceive. That there are things we might call gods or demons, but they don't care about you – they don't even notice you. That if your mind could fully correlate all of its contents and grasp the human condition on a cosmic scale, you would gladly embrace madness or return to pre-enlightened dark age. Writing about demons was seriously old hat by the 1800's. Acquiring secret knowledge that with each step brings one closer to the brink of destruction is quite befitting of Futaba as a hacker.
Last edited by .JayZii; 09-08-2016 at 06:08 PM.
kiyoaki
Member
(09-08-2016, 06:07 PM)
kiyoaki's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lunar15

It goes even farther. P4's personas were all based on highly visible and memorable facets of traditional Japanese mythology. P5's are seemingly all over the place, but when examined all together, they're all historically abberant. They all run counter to the prevailing thought process at the time they were conceived. They all have an element of disruptive chaos to them. Some are obvious, like Lupin, Kidd, and Milady who were thieves,pirates and spies.

As for the rest, Pope Joan was a mythical female pope: a legend that sprung up around unrest with the patriarchy of the papal system. Carmen represented a huge change from the traditional operatic female lead: she was un-innocent, fearless, and driven towards freedom. She dictated the actions of men rather than the other way around. The Necronomicon, the most disputed persona, still represents a chaotic and unpredictable force. To talk about such demonic subjects at a time when america's population was overwhelmingly christian was pretty outrageous, to the point that some people thought it was a real book. It represents the power to change the status quo, something befitting of Futaba's hacking prowess.

I really really love the contrast between these figures and the traditional figures of P4. P4's personas were all figures that were historically revered. P5's are all characters who made society feel uncomfortable.

Yes. In Persona 4, images from early Japanese mythology to Shôwa-era sentai TV shows blended together to form some kind of unspecified, eternal Japanese past that was on the brink of being lost. Persona 5, from all we know, will be about Heisei-era urban Japan. Its images are also a past-present pastiche, but a discordant one.

Also, I already love the P5 main menu.
Last edited by kiyoaki; 09-08-2016 at 06:18 PM.
DNAbro
Member
(09-08-2016, 06:24 PM)
DNAbro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Thin White Duke

Most of my analysis on Persona 5 has been on some of the subtle things I noticed both in the gameplay and PVs. While I did my research on the Personae themselves, I ultimately began to notice some stuff that I don't think a lot of people have brought up.

So far this is what I figure:

  • There definitely seems to be a running theme with water or water-like effects. One of the biggest hints is by the trail effects the MC and Co. give off when they run around in the Palaces. Another, although not fairly obvious one is during The Day Breakers; when Kazuya fades away you hear a very water-y sound. Almost as if bubbles were released.
  • When Ryuji and MC discover Kamoshiida's Palace in PV3, it's raining. (While this could be a coincidence, in a later PV (#4) the scene with the group walking towards the Casino Palace seems to be raining.

It may be a lemotif with P5, although to what extent has yet to be seen. Though color me curious if the main villain had something to do with the rain, because I see a lot of symbolism from both the rain, the Seven Deadly Sins, the Palace bosses being based on the Seven Princes of Hell and the fact there's a church makes me want to believe that there is themes of there being a 'Great Flood' by using the hearts of humanity. Of course, this is just what I believe might be the case and nothing more.

This is a nice theory.

Also makes me wonder if they are bringing YHVH into the the Persona games cause of how Biblical it all sounds. Seven deadly sins though is such a popular trope in anime so it might barely be religious.

Assuming this is what they are going for.
A Dead Diehard
Member
(09-08-2016, 06:31 PM)
A Dead Diehard's Avatar

Originally Posted by DNAbro

This is a nice theory.

Also makes me wonder if they are bringing YHVH into the the Persona games cause of how Biblical it all sounds. Seven deadly sins though is such a popular trope in anime so it might barely be religious.

Assuming this is what they are going for.

I dunno...

(SMT4A and the above speculation) We've missed YHVH and all, but two games with him as the big bad in the same year? That's kind of overkill.
.JayZii
Member
(09-08-2016, 06:36 PM)
.JayZii's Avatar

Originally Posted by Thin White Duke

Most of my analysis on Persona 5 has been on some of the subtle things I noticed both in the gameplay and PVs. While I did my research on the Personae themselves, I ultimately began to notice some stuff that I don't think a lot of people have brought up.

So far this is what I figure:

  • There definitely seems to be a running theme with water or water-like effects. One of the biggest hints is by the trail effects the MC and Co. give off when they run around in the Palaces. Another, although not fairly obvious one is during The Day Breakers; when Kazuya fades away you hear a very water-y sound. Almost as if bubbles were released.
  • When Ryuji and MC discover Kamoshiida's Palace in PV3, it's raining. (While this could be a coincidence, in a later PV (#4) the scene with the group walking towards the Casino Palace seems to be raining.

It may be a lemotif with P5, although to what extent has yet to be seen. Though color me curious if the main villain had something to do with the rain, because I see a lot of symbolism from both the rain, the Seven Deadly Sins, the Palace bosses being based on the Seven Princes of Hell and the fact there's a church makes me want to believe that there is themes of there being a 'Great Flood' by using the hearts of humanity. Of course, this is just what I believe might be the case and nothing more.

I assume rain will basically be to P5 what fog was to P4, and the full moon was to P3.
asagami_
Member
(09-08-2016, 06:45 PM)
asagami_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by A Dead Diehard

I dunno...

(SMT4A and the above speculation) We've missed YHVH and all, but two games with him as the big bad in the same year? That's kind of overkill.

There are a plentiful Law beings who can do the work, too. Nyarlathotep was a Law demon on the original SMT, for example :P
Thin White Duke
Junior Member
(09-08-2016, 06:48 PM)
Thin White Duke's Avatar

Originally Posted by DNAbro

Also makes me wonder if they are bringing YHVH into the the Persona games cause of how Biblical it all sounds. Seven deadly sins though is such a popular trope in anime so it might barely be religious.

I highly doubt it'll be YHVH. I figure if there's anything short of what I implied, I wouldn't be surprised if the main villain's going to heavily be based upon Noah or SOMETHING that's very close to being relative to the Seven Deadly Sins invoking some form of 'flood.'

Of course, I believe that the whole 'flood' might be something else that leads to the scenes seen at the end of PV#3, where people are rioting. So whatever happens it leads to a riot and, eventually, an event of sorts that leads to the final threat.

EDIT: I also don't believe Lucifer will be a villain. It would be way too coincidental as there's also the two additional ones: Cavum and Irritum. There's definitely two of the seven sins we don't know jack about and I'm lead to believe these might be the 'penultimate' and 'final' dungeon bosses.
Last edited by Thin White Duke; 09-08-2016 at 06:57 PM.
.JayZii
Member
(09-08-2016, 06:51 PM)
.JayZii's Avatar
I don't know guys, Lucifer is kind of the OG biblical disruptor/agent of change. Could be the big bad this time around.
CrimsonFist
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:09 PM)
CrimsonFist's Avatar
P5 is focusing more on historical/literary figures that mythological ones, for story personas at least. Not sure that I'd expect any deity to be the final boss.
PK Gaming
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:09 PM)
PK Gaming's Avatar

Originally Posted by DNAbro

Speaking of Goro, Famitsu had a stream this morning and according to Mystic they showed the opening title screen and it was clear enough for him to say Plague Doctor mask confirmed.

Also here is a really nice cover of Snowflakes by the Consouls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nky...ature=youtu.be

Also

A Persona Q-2 is definitely in the cards, but I wonder what Persona game they'll cross over with? Persona 4? Will there even be a crossover?
.JayZii
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:13 PM)
.JayZii's Avatar

Originally Posted by PK Gaming

A Persona Q-2 is definitely in the cards, but I wonder what Persona game they'll cross over with? Persona 4? Will there even be a crossover?

I'd be fine with no crossover. But maybe they'd just do a smattering of P3 and P4 characters. They'll find a way to put Naoto in, I'm sure.
asagami_
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:16 PM)
asagami_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by PK Gaming

A Persona Q-2 is definitely in the cards, but I wonder what Persona game they'll cross over with? Persona 4? Will there even be a crossover?

The games with demons, sure.
Lunar15
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:16 PM)
Lunar15's Avatar

Originally Posted by .JayZii

Great point. I agree with everything but I disagree on your interpretation of the Necronomicon.

I think the Necronomicon Persona in P5 is more representative of Lovecraft's rebellion against the norms of supernatural literature that preceded him and spearheading a new genre of Cosmic Horror. The Necronomicon contained secrets beyond human understanding, alien to our very perception of reality. Truths about the universe that would make you realize the insignificance of your life and/or drive you to madness. Reclusive scholars who delve into forbidden tomes of knowledge only to shrink away from the truths that they lay bare. That what people think of religion, gods and demons are just entities that we cannot understand or fully perceive. That there are things we might call gods or demons, but they don't care about you – they don't even notice you. That if your mind could fully correlate all of its contents and grasp the human condition on a cosmic scale, you would gladly embrace madness or return to pre-enlightened dark age. Writing about demons was seriously old hat by the 1800's. Acquiring secret knowledge that with each step brings one closer to the brink of destruction is quite befitting of Futaba as a hacker.

Ooh, I like this interpretation more. That said, I think it still boils down to a figure that was radical at that time or in the society of the fiction it's birthed from. They all focus on societal taboos, and I can't think of anything more taboo than trying to harness the power of the necronomicon.
Last edited by Lunar15; 09-08-2016 at 07:20 PM.
.JayZii
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:24 PM)
.JayZii's Avatar
Now I'm just pondering historical and mythological rebellious figures who could be a good villain. I like that they went with a broader theme this time around rather than just picking another cultural pantheon.

Originally Posted by Lunar15

Ooh, I like this interpretation more. That said, I think it still boils down to a figure that was radical at that time or in the society of the fiction it's birthed from.

Agreed.

I'm curious to see what her upgraded persona will be. Will they continue with the rebellious theme, or go with a god/goddess of knowledge or something of the like?

Originally Posted by TurnipFritters

I assume that if they're going Biblical, with the antagonists being from the Ars Goetia (or maybe, given the French tarot cards, Livre des Esperitz -this book), the antagonist will be Solomon, or Agrippa, or Weyer. The idea of Noah's flood is interesting, but I'd prefer an antagonist who's doing something for their own ends rather than another round of "I'm testing humanity to see if they deserve to survive!!"

Livre des Esperitz could be an option for a Necronomicon upgrade.
-----------

I've got to get all my speculation out before I go on blackout next week.
Last edited by .JayZii; 09-08-2016 at 07:37 PM.
TurnipFritters
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:25 PM)
TurnipFritters's Avatar
I assume that if they're going Biblical, with the antagonists being from the Ars Goetia (or maybe, given the French tarot cards, Livre des Esperitz -this book), the antagonist will be Solomon, or Agrippa, or Weyer. The idea of Noah's flood is interesting, but I'd prefer an antagonist who's doing something for their own ends rather than another round of "I'm testing humanity to see if they deserve to survive!!"
A Dead Diehard
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:26 PM)
A Dead Diehard's Avatar

Originally Posted by asagami_

There are a plentiful Law beings who can do the work, too. Nyarlathotep was a Law demon on the original SMT, for example :P

The Crawling Chaos was a law demon? What even is this?
TurnipFritters
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:27 PM)
TurnipFritters's Avatar
Comedy option: The final boss is the Red Death
.JayZii
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:30 PM)
.JayZii's Avatar

Originally Posted by TurnipFritters

Comedy option: The final boss is the Red Death

Everyone goes through a color coded dungeon and then dies in the last room.

Cut to credits. BAD END.
Thin White Duke
Junior Member
(09-08-2016, 07:31 PM)
Thin White Duke's Avatar

Originally Posted by PK Gaming

A Persona Q-2 is definitely in the cards, but I wonder what Persona game they'll cross over with? Persona 4? Will there even be a crossover?

I'd personally be throwing myself under the bus for this but: I'd actually like to be entertained by the idea of a PQ-2 being more closer to Persona's actual combat, but expanded upon with the elements seen in P5.

Another idea I considered was if PQ-2 was a 3DS game, have P5 crossover with #FE. It entertained me enough because they both take place in the same locale (to some degree).
Dantis
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:31 PM)
Dantis's Avatar
Just seen the title screen. Maintaining my prediction for Goro's mask.

Originally Posted by A Dead Diehard

Now that's an interesting twist at the end.

Also, does Igor look kind of off with his in-game model?

What's the twist? Apparently I missed something.
TurnipFritters
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:33 PM)
TurnipFritters's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dantis

Just seen the title screen. Maintaining my prediction for Goro's mask.


What's the twist? Apparently I missed something.

The twist, as it were, was the two characters talking in the animated scene at the end.
.JayZii
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:33 PM)
.JayZii's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dantis

Just seen the title screen. Maintaining my prediction for Goro's mask.

Which is? Plague doctor? Bird masquerade mask? Igor mask?
Mediking
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:35 PM)
Mediking's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lunar15

It goes even farther. P4's personas were all based on highly visible and memorable facets of traditional Japanese mythology. P5's are seemingly all over the place, but when examined all together, they're all historically abberant. They all run counter to the prevailing thought process at the time they were conceived. They all have an element of disruptive chaos to them. Some are obvious, like Lupin, Kidd, and Milady who were thieves,pirates and spies.

As for the rest, Pope Joan was a mythical female pope: a legend that sprung up around unrest with the patriarchy of the papal system. Carmen represented a huge change from the traditional operatic female lead: she was un-innocent, fearless, and driven towards freedom. She dictated the actions of men rather than the other way around. The Necronomicon, the most disputed persona, still represents a chaotic and unpredictable force. To talk about such demonic subjects at a time when america's population was overwhelmingly christian was pretty outrageous, to the point that some people thought it was a real book. It represents the power to change the status quo, something befitting of Futaba's hacking prowess.

I really really love the contrast between these figures and the traditional figures of P4. P4's personas were all figures that were historically revered. P5's are all characters who made society feel uncomfortable.

This is really cool to read. Keep up the good work. I get too engrossed into the characters and music that I really don't even dig for bigger meaning. I gotta start digging like you do.
A Dead Diehard
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:44 PM)
A Dead Diehard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dantis

Just seen the title screen. Maintaining my prediction for Goro's mask.


What's the twist? Apparently I missed something.

There was the idea floating around that the Thieves' taking hearts is what caused the train crash. The timing proves that something else is screwing with people.

I dunno, it was a twist from my POV.
asagami_
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:48 PM)
asagami_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by A Dead Diehard

The Crawling Chaos was a law demon? What even is this?

SMT 2.
Zolo
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:49 PM)
Zolo's Avatar

Originally Posted by A Dead Diehard

There was the idea floating around that the Thieves' taking hearts is what caused the train crash. The timing proves that something else is screwing with people.

I dunno, it was a twist from my POV.


Not really a twist imo. I mentioned before someone must have similar powers since the protagonists obviously didn't cause that wreck.
Rutger
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:50 PM)
Rutger's Avatar

Originally Posted by PK Gaming

A Persona Q-2 is definitely in the cards, but I wonder what Persona game they'll cross over with? Persona 4? Will there even be a crossover?

No crossover would be fine. One thing I'm wondering about is how open things will be for spinoffs after P5's story. P3 and P4 were finished long before the spinoffs were an idea and it shows with how everything is forced together at the start of those stories. Not that I expect stories anywhere near as good as the main games in spinoffs, but I wouldn't be surprised if P5 ends in a way that allows easier starts to spinoffs. The more episodic approach to the events in P5 would work in its favor for this.

I could easily see spinoff games starting with the P5 cast being brought together again for a new job, but that will all depend on P5's ending. If they do go with that, having no or little crossover with P3/P4 could work.
A Dead Diehard
Member
(09-08-2016, 07:56 PM)
A Dead Diehard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zolo


Not really a twist imo. I mentioned before someone must have similar powers since the protagonists obviously didn't cause that wreck.

Not intentionally. It was the idea that the heroes' actions may have unwanted, even disastrous, consequences.

But again, the timing of this scene makes this a moot point.

Thread Tools