• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Phoenixus
Member
(03-06-2017, 06:39 AM)
Phoenixus's Avatar
Never really paid attention to it before, but when does the update for Japanese Nintendo downloads come out? Is it the same time as the US one?

I love Region Free Nintendo. :D
tolkir
Member
(03-06-2017, 07:50 AM)
tolkir's Avatar

Originally Posted by Phoenixus

Never really paid attention to it before, but when does the update for Japanese Nintendo downloads come out? Is it the same time as the US one?

I love Region Free Nintendo. :D

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php...91&postcount=2
Phoenixus
Member
(03-06-2017, 08:26 AM)
Phoenixus's Avatar
Ta!
Robin64
Member
(03-06-2017, 09:46 AM)
Robin64's Avatar
Wonder what awesome Wii U VC thing will come this week.

Sadly I don't expect to see any VC for Switch in the PRs for ages, the news banner on the Switch itself says, under the bit about VC games with the online service, "Coming late 2017". :(
TheMoon
Member
(03-06-2017, 09:49 AM)
TheMoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Robin64

Wonder what awesome Wii U VC thing will come this week.

Sadly I don't expect to see any VC for Switch in the PRs for ages, the news banner on the Switch itself says, under the bit about VC games with the online service, "Coming late 2017". :(

if they added a comma after late, they could've added some much needed levity to that fact. :/
Jucksalbe
Member
(03-06-2017, 09:55 AM)
Jucksalbe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Robin64

Wonder what awesome Wii U VC thing will come this week.

If there'll be anything, I'd expect the EU store to catch up on NA's PC Engine games from last week.
DKoops
Junior Member
(03-06-2017, 10:03 AM)
DKoops's Avatar
I can't confirm this until I get the word from other countries, but locally... the European downloads PR will be now send out on Thursday.
Chopper
Member
(03-06-2017, 10:03 AM)
Chopper's Avatar

Originally Posted by DKoops

I can't confirm this until I get the word from other countries, but locally... the European downloads PR will be now send out on Thursday.

Booooooo
Mpl90
Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
(03-06-2017, 10:08 AM)
Mpl90's Avatar
So, basically, like in US I think.
Phoenixus
Member
(03-06-2017, 10:23 AM)
Phoenixus's Avatar

Originally Posted by DKoops

I can't confirm this until I get the word from other countries, but locally... the European downloads PR will be now send out on Thursday.

Oh man I hope not. The pr update is the best part of Mondays for me. :(
tolkir
Member
(03-06-2017, 10:29 AM)
tolkir's Avatar
Nintendo Europe

TheMoon
Member
(03-06-2017, 11:12 AM)
TheMoon's Avatar
What is the purpose of Mondays now?

What is life.

What is time.

Why is anything.

We are nothing.
RpgN
Junior Member
(03-06-2017, 11:20 AM)
RpgN's Avatar
It felt like they were heading in that direction. 2 of their recent deals were partly only announced on Thursday. I'm talking about the MH Generations and Zelda Promotions.

It felt good starting Monday with something to look forward to, but we'll probably get used to it if it's true.
Jo Shishido's Cheeks
Member
(03-06-2017, 11:41 AM)
Jo Shishido's Cheeks's Avatar
Shame, having an announcement on Monday gave me enough time to research a game, ask for opinions, read old threads on it here (if VC), etc so then by the time Thursday came I was ready to buy it (or not).
I'll probably buy a lot less games on a Thursday now.
Conrad Link
Member
(03-06-2017, 11:57 AM)
Conrad Link's Avatar
Monday announcement was better, I'd prefer America changing to that!

Booo!

To me this would make sense if there was now no difference in the updates and everyone just got the same thing but apparently that isn't the case still.
L~A
Member
(03-06-2017, 11:58 AM)
L~A's Avatar

Originally Posted by RpgN

It felt like they were heading in that direction. 2 of their recent deals were partly only announced on Thursday. I'm talking about the MH Generations and Zelda Promotions.

It felt good starting Monday with something to look forward to, but we'll probably get used to it if it's true.

Nah, there's always been the occasional promotions and stuff not announced in the weekly PR.

But yeah, no more PR on Monday would suck really bad.

***

So right now we have:

- NoE: great and exhaustive PR with everything you need to know (hopefully they don't stop listing sales)
- NoA: trash PR with lots of missing stuff (price, etc.) and no sales
- NCL: lol eShop PR
RpgN
Junior Member
(03-06-2017, 12:13 PM)
RpgN's Avatar

Originally Posted by L~A

Nah, there's always been the occasional promotions and stuff not announced in the weekly PR.

But yeah, no more PR on Monday would suck really

Thanks for the correction, I didn't know that.
maxcriden
Junior Member
(03-06-2017, 09:16 PM)
maxcriden's Avatar
Mobot Studios (Paper Monsters Recut and Blocky Bot on Wii U, also ported The Deer God to Wii U) has shut down.

Although Mobot Studios won’t be around any longer, Crescent Moon Games will be handling the team’s games to ensure that they remain on the eShop.

Mobot is closed. PaperMonsters and WiiU titles remain available from @CM_Games – You can send non support questions to @SuperFletcher64 pic.twitter.com/mXbeavL1bc

— Mobot Studios closed (@mobotstudios) March 6, 2017

Via: NintendoEverything.com
RedToad64
Member
(03-07-2017, 05:37 AM)
RedToad64's Avatar
Has anyone played Blaster Master Zero yet? I am trying to find impressions but nobody is talking about it.
protonium
Member
(03-07-2017, 05:51 AM)
protonium's Avatar
Wow, awesome OP.
deadfolk
Member
(03-07-2017, 09:08 AM)
deadfolk's Avatar

Originally Posted by RedToad64

Has anyone played Blaster Master Zero yet? I am trying to find impressions but nobody is talking about it.

Also interested in this.
tolkir
Member
(03-07-2017, 11:01 AM)
tolkir's Avatar

Originally Posted by RedToad64

Has anyone played Blaster Master Zero yet? I am trying to find impressions but nobody is talking about it.

Originally Posted by deadfolk

Also interested in this.

http://www.allertonave.com/reviewsot...r-master-zero/

Looks like it doesn't have Pro Controller support yet, but it will be patched in the next days.
RedToad64
Member
(03-07-2017, 02:27 PM)
RedToad64's Avatar

Originally Posted by tolkir

http://www.allertonave.com/reviewsot...r-master-zero/

Looks like it doesn't have Pro Controller support yet, but it will be patched in the next days.

Sounds like some retro fun! Thanks for sharing.
Camjo-Z
Member
(03-07-2017, 02:30 PM)
Camjo-Z's Avatar
For some reason I totally forgot to keep adding these threads to my subscriptions. Whoops!

I bought Shovel Knight to have something for Switch launch and after years of completely ignoring it and making fun of people who want him in Smash (which is still kind of dumb, he's only been in one game!!) I have to admit: it is a pretty gosh-darn good game. Levels keep taking me way too long to beat because I'm an idiot who keeps breaking checkpoints but it's fun enough that I don't really care.

I also grabbed FAST RMX and boy is it WAY better than the Wii U version right off the bat. Cups are vastly more palatable in groups of 3, the AI is much more toned down on the easiest difficulty than it was before, and I can actually get a chance at trying Hero Mode! The HD Rumble isn't anything too amazing but it is nice to finally have rumble on a handheld (we don't speak of that godawful noisy DS rumble pak. Drill Dozer was cool though I guess).
deadfolk
Member
(03-07-2017, 03:01 PM)
deadfolk's Avatar

Originally Posted by tolkir

http://www.allertonave.com/reviewsot...r-master-zero/

Looks like it doesn't have Pro Controller support yet, but it will be patched in the next days.

Nice find - thanks!
Orgen
Member
(03-07-2017, 08:41 PM)
Orgen's Avatar
Maybe the lack of region lock on switch means that we are going to get the same PR (and games) for both EU and U.S. from now on...

Rejoice US fans!!! You could play Terranigma ;D (if SE listen to me this time brbrbr)
TheMoon
Member
(03-07-2017, 09:04 PM)
TheMoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Orgen

Maybe the lack of region lock on switch means that we are going to get the same PR (and games) for both EU and U.S. from now on...

Rejoice US fans!!! You could play Terranigma ;D (if SE listen to me this time brbrbr)

I see you're still smoking the good stuff ;)
Orgen
Member
(03-08-2017, 12:10 AM)
Orgen's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheMoon

I see you're still smoking the good stuff ;)

The day will come and I hope that we still post here so I can give you the biggest "I told you so" evahhh!!! ;P
jmizzal
Member
(03-08-2017, 03:27 AM)
jmizzal's Avatar
How much is the neogeo games on the Japanese Switch shop in American dollars? Would like to get king of fighters 98
Robin64
Member
(03-08-2017, 11:00 AM)
Robin64's Avatar
Tomorrow's Wii U VC release for Europe is Bomberman 64.
Zonic
Gives all the fucks
(03-08-2017, 11:12 AM)
Zonic's Avatar
there you go, a bomberman game worth playing over Super Bomberman R. Hell, I might give in & try out Bomberman '94.

Still bummed about no Bomberman Hero or The 2nd Attack, as I recall playing those instead of 64.
tolkir
Member
(03-08-2017, 12:18 PM)
tolkir's Avatar
I don't know why Konami has waited so long to launch Bomberman games in Wii U VC. It had January and February almost free to launched them.

Other Neo Geo releases tomorrow in Europe and Japan. NAM-1975
http://gonintendo.com/stories/275636...h-on-march-9th

Looks like Japan is getting eShop updates Thursdays too.
deadfolk
Member
(03-08-2017, 12:40 PM)
deadfolk's Avatar

Originally Posted by tolkir

I don't know why Konami has waited so long to launch Bomberman games in Wii U VC. It had January and February almost free to launched them.

Other Neo Geo releases tomorrow in Europe and Japan. NAM-1975
http://gonintendo.com/stories/275636...h-on-march-9th

Looks like Japan is getting eShop updates Thursdays too.

Oh, NOW they release Nam-1975??!???

No thanks, I'll wait for the Switch version.
Robin64
Member
(03-08-2017, 12:41 PM)
Robin64's Avatar

Originally Posted by deadfolk

Oh, NOW they release Nam-1975??!???

No thanks, I'll wait for the Switch version.

This is the Switch version.
tolkir
Member
(03-08-2017, 12:47 PM)
tolkir's Avatar

Originally Posted by deadfolk

Oh, NOW they release Nam-1975??!???

No thanks, I'll wait for the Switch version.

I forgot to say it. It's other ACA Neo Geo game, so it's for Nintendo Switch. :P
deadfolk
Member
(03-08-2017, 12:49 PM)
deadfolk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Robin64

This is the Switch version.

Originally Posted by tolkir

I forgot to say it. It's other ACA Neo Geo game, so it's for Nintendo Switch. :P

You beautiful, beautiful bastards!
Jo Shishido's Cheeks
Member
(03-08-2017, 02:23 PM)
Jo Shishido's Cheeks's Avatar

Originally Posted by deadfolk

You beautiful, beautiful bastards!

Hahaha.

You can see it in the Coming Soon section of the Switch eShop now.
PixyJunket
Member
(03-08-2017, 04:20 PM)
PixyJunket's Avatar

Originally Posted by tolkir

http://www.allertonave.com/reviewsot...r-master-zero/

Looks like it doesn't have Pro Controller support yet, but it will be patched in the next days.

Grargh, I gotta know if the 3DS version has 3D.
Robin64
Member
(03-08-2017, 04:54 PM)
Robin64's Avatar

Originally Posted by PixyJunket

Grargh, I gotta know if the 3DS version has 3D.

It has not.
Agent Unknown
Member
(03-08-2017, 08:07 PM)
Agent Unknown's Avatar
Created a Japanese account and downloaded Metal Slug 3 and the demos for Puyo Puyo Tetris and DQ Heroes 1&2 last week, love that the shops are region free now.
jedivulcan
Member
(03-08-2017, 08:49 PM)
jedivulcan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Agent Unknown

Created a Japanese account and downloaded Metal Slug 3 and the demos for Puyo Puyo Tetris and DQ Heroes 1&2 last week, love that the shops are region free now.

Did you have a working non-Japanese credit card or did you get a pre-paid card?
Zonic
Gives all the fucks
(03-08-2017, 09:24 PM)
Zonic's Avatar
It doesn't look like the US is even getting a VC title this week. Guess we've gotten everything we're getting until the Switch.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like the US is getting Bomberman 64 as well.
Last edited by Zonic; 03-08-2017 at 10:13 PM.
steveovig
Member
(03-08-2017, 10:40 PM)
steveovig's Avatar
I've been having a hard time with the difficulty of Super Bomberman R but Bomberman 64 looks pretty interesting to me. Is Bomberman 64 pretty difficult?
Diddy Kong
Member
(03-08-2017, 11:47 PM)
Diddy Kong's Avatar
I've been waiting forever for Bomberman 64! I'm so happy I'll finally be able to download it tomorrow. I hate that it came after the Switch released but at least I still have a reason to use my Wii-U now :D
Phoenixus
Member
(03-09-2017, 05:33 AM)
Phoenixus's Avatar
God I hope if GC VC on the Switch is true that Bomberman Generations shows up on there. Loved that game.
Robin64
Member
(03-09-2017, 07:57 AM)
Robin64's Avatar
Woke up to a news post on my Switch about how Blaster Master Zero was OUT NOW. I got all excited and thought Nintendo maybe updated Switch eShop earlier and that I could play it at work, but no, someone just got an itchy trigger finger as it is not really out now.
xyla
Member
(03-09-2017, 08:46 AM)
xyla's Avatar

Originally Posted by Diddy Kong

I've been waiting forever for Bomberman 64! I'm so happy I'll finally be able to download it tomorrow. I hate that it came after the Switch released but at least I still have a reason to use my Wii-U now :D

Please tell us, if it has functioning Controller Pack support. Otherwise it's next to unplayable in Single Player...

Hopefully that means it will also come out on Switch one day. I just love that game and will buy it for sure!
Robin64
Member
(03-09-2017, 08:52 AM)
Robin64's Avatar

Originally Posted by xyla

Please tell us, if it has functioning Controller Pack support. Otherwise it's next to unplayable in Single Player...

That would be interesting, as other games that supported the Controller Pak don't have that feature on Wii U. If the emulator has been updated, then Goemon would work now.
TheMoon
Member
(03-09-2017, 08:53 AM)
TheMoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by xyla

Please tell us, if it has functioning Controller Pack support. Otherwise it's next to unplayable in Single Player...

Hopefully that means it will also come out on Switch one day. I just love that game and will buy it for sure!

You could work with save states if it turns out it doesn't let you hard save.

Originally Posted by Robin64

That would be interesting, as other games that supported the Controller Pak don't have that feature on Wii U. If the emulator has been updated, then Goemon would work now.

Don't play with my heart!
ramparter
(03-09-2017, 08:55 AM)
ramparter's Avatar

Originally Posted by xyla

Please tell us, if it has functioning Controller Pack support. Otherwise it's next to unplayable in Single Player...

But you can create save points in the vc emulator.

edit: Beaten.

Originally Posted by Robin64

That would be interesting, as other games that supported the Controller Pak don't have that feature on Wii U. If the emulator has been updated, then Goemon would work now.

Damn, and Goemon is a Konami game, could this... no.. must hold excitement...

Thread Tools