• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Drain You
(05-20-2017, 04:16 AM)

Originally Posted by Dracula's Nether Region

Of course it's in memory of someone, there is no practical use for a wind chime other than a movie prop to tell the audience that completely unhinged people live in this location.

Is this the general consensus? They are just a decoration, a normal one at that I thought. Maybe I'm in the minority here. I like em, think they sound nice.
Last edited by Drain You; 05-20-2017 at 04:19 AM.
mullet2000
(05-20-2017, 04:16 AM)

Originally Posted by crooked spin

Hey yall here's the chime in question... caught it at a good time as a wind just kicked up as I was walking home from the laundromat.

https://youtu.be/dbuEQa-8oBU

You be the judge!

Pretty loud tbh
Lil Marco
(05-20-2017, 04:17 AM)

Originally Posted by mjc

Sounds like a miserable bunch of people who get off on being passive aggressive to each other.

NYC neighborhoods in a nutshell
hokagespit
(05-20-2017, 04:30 AM)
wind chimes are such a genteel atmospheric sound the tread of car tires going down the streets seems to oppress them. i used to be bothered by them as a kid but anymore if im just sitting there smelling the wind the sound they make gently steps into the sound of nature and shit feels tranquil. im surprised to see so many wind chime haters >.<
Zoe
(05-20-2017, 04:32 AM)

And after looking at crooked spin's video it looks like the photo in the article has some perspective trickery or the chime was actually moved closer towards the tree (possibly lower as well) for the shot.

It was repositioned after all the papers were taken down. It was originally screwed in, but then she just tied it onto a branch.
outunderthestars
Attracted to bright lights
(05-20-2017, 04:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Drain You

Is this the general consensus? They are just a decoration, a normal one at that I thought. Maybe I'm in the minority here. I like em, think they sound nice.

Not a fan myself. As so eone raised in more rural areas, I prefer the sound of birds and trees swaying in the breeze.
Dracula's Nether Region
(05-20-2017, 04:48 AM)

It was an exaggeration, I see the decorative appeal and of course as audible decor which doesn't really exist in many other states (probably for good reason). But if I had to describe the average wind chime owner for a consumer eval, I'd possibly pin them as a self-described "free spirit" or a knick knack hoarder. I use neither description endearingly.
Drain You
(05-20-2017, 04:52 AM)

It was an exaggeration, I see the decorative appeal and of course as audible decor which doesn't really exist in many other states (probably for good reason). But if I had to describe the average wind chime owner for a consumer eval, I'd possibly pin them as a self-described "free spirit" or a knick knack hoarder. I use neither description endearingly.

Okay, that makes a lot more sense. I'd put wind chimes in the same category as lawn gnomes, unnecessary, but to each their own.
Twilight Princess
(05-20-2017, 04:54 AM)
what do you do in an adult preschool?
Zantetsuken
(05-20-2017, 05:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Fox Mulder

It's random shitty racket.

I installed DirecTV at a house with a crazy old lady and like 50 fucking wind chimes. I thought I was going insane.

Now that's a different story. That's way too many lol
stuminus3
Never buying another games console. Ever.
(05-20-2017, 05:03 AM)
I try not to look at my wind chimes.
Triteon
(05-20-2017, 05:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Wag

WTF is a "hipster dentist"?

Old timey hand cranked drill, and ether lots of ether
erlim
yes, that talented of a member
(05-20-2017, 05:10 AM)

They aren't weird at all. But I don't know. I come into these olfactory/interpersonal/food culture threads on here and feel like a horrible barbarian.
RobbieNick
It's like a pen and paper version of Facebook.
TissueBox
Lmao this whole thing had me dying. First the letter about the wind chimes, then the letter toward the letter, then the letters/flyers toward those ones, then the other lady tearing 'em down for the sake of the tree, lmao. Whether team for-windchimes or against, it's a damn funny anecdote. Almost feels too skit-esque to be real. Any case, hope the belligerents eventually find peace.
Chmpocalypse
Blizzard
(05-20-2017, 05:11 AM)

Originally Posted by Apath

That was a very respectful note. Not sure why the windchime owner would be so rude in their response.

Entitlement.