• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

MMarston
Member
(05-13-2017, 06:01 AM)
MMarston's Avatar

Originally Posted by dcelw540

Wait is there a third season coming?!

There better be.
platakul
Member
(05-13-2017, 06:05 AM)
platakul's Avatar
i barely remember season 1, but the first eps here are great. Eric killed it in episode 2
jmood88
Member
(05-13-2017, 06:08 AM)
jmood88's Avatar

Originally Posted by dcelw540

Wait is there a third season coming?!

Aziz said that if it happens, it's going to be awhile.
Paz
Member
(05-13-2017, 06:12 AM)
Paz's Avatar
The core story about Dev is wonderful and I enjoyed the whole season but the highest points of the season for me were the eps that sort of focused on how people really live, I guess the more experimental ones like 6 and 8.

Last time I felt this way about episodes of a TV show was when the Bojack season 3 underwater ep enraptured me from start to finish.
Esiquio
Member
(05-13-2017, 06:35 AM)
Esiquio's Avatar

Originally Posted by jmood88

Aziz said that if it happens, it's going to be awhile.

WHAT. I just finished the last episode. Gutted me, God. But she's not wearing a ring in that scene!
Merchandise
Member
(05-13-2017, 06:38 AM)
Merchandise's Avatar
Ep 9 did I miss something? When she said she wanted to come over to talk to him after Arnold's party it went straight to a nightmare scenario. So was that part also imagined or did they talk off camera?
Esiquio
Member
(05-13-2017, 06:39 AM)
Esiquio's Avatar

Originally Posted by Merchandise

Ep 9 did I miss something? When she said she wanted to come over to talk to him after Arnold's party it went straight to a nightmare scenario. So was that part also imagined or did they talk off camera?

The scene where he walking in the snow alone was a part of the nightmare. Damn that was one of the best episodes of anything I've seen. Better than a lot of romance movies.
Luke_Wal
Member
(05-13-2017, 06:39 AM)
Luke_Wal's Avatar
Dang, I forgot how good this show is. Had a rough day at work and this is exactly what I needed. On the third episode now - it's fantastic.
Blackpanther25
Member
(05-13-2017, 06:40 AM)
Blackpanther25's Avatar
Just finished the Thanksgiving episode. Damn he got me with the feels.
NipplesAndToes23
Corona Drug Bust
(05-13-2017, 06:48 AM)
NipplesAndToes23's Avatar
Didn't like season 1 outside of "Parents" and "Indians on TV". I watched the first, was thrown off a little and thought it was aiight. Started episode 2 and reminded me too much of the shit I didn't like in 1, watched 3 and reminded me about the parents episode and watched 4 and enjoyed that. I hope there's more than just two I like in this season.
Ledbetter
Member
(05-13-2017, 07:00 AM)
Ledbetter's Avatar
Finished the first 5 episodes. I think I might like this one more than S1.

Here is the website of your new favorite show about cupcakes. Stay sweet America.
nubbe
Member
(05-13-2017, 07:08 AM)
nubbe's Avatar
S2 certainly wasn't what I was expecting
I feel so confused
Hazmat
(05-13-2017, 07:19 AM)
Hazmat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackpanther25

Just finished the Thanksgiving episode. Damn he got me with the feels.

That one was excellent. I just finished and it might be my favorite.
Merchandise
Member
(05-13-2017, 07:21 AM)
Merchandise's Avatar
So yeah, I did just watch the entire season in one day.

That final shot?
TWrecks310
Member
(05-13-2017, 07:23 AM)
TWrecks310's Avatar
So I just watched the entire season in one day, I think this is the first time I've ever done that.

It's better than season 1.

But I swear to god if this show is actually going to go on a bit of a hiatus now I don't think I'm gonna make it.
Acorn
Member
(05-13-2017, 07:41 AM)
Acorn's Avatar
Man Cedric is looking a hell of alot healthier these days. Good for him.
CB3
intangibles, motherfucker
(05-13-2017, 08:09 AM)
CB3's Avatar
Shit man.

SHIT MAN.

I need more. This season was not enough.
bleaker
Junior Member
(05-13-2017, 08:21 AM)
When I thought the second season couldn't leave me as emotionally drained as the first *last episode spoiler* fucking Rachel shows up at Dev's lowest possible moment. Loved the season, favorite episodes have to be Bicycle Thieves, First Date, and the last two.

Honestly been thinking recutting a few of these into fan edit movie, as the last two episodes already feel like a film together.
tim.mbp
Member
(05-13-2017, 09:03 AM)
tim.mbp's Avatar
We all gonna start using allora now?
nOoblet16
Member
(05-13-2017, 09:35 AM)
nOoblet16's Avatar

Originally Posted by jmood88

Aziz said that if it happens, it's going to be awhile.

Why though? I donno why it took him two years to make ten 30 mins long episodes. The ending makes you want more as it feels like it kind of just ends.

Originally Posted by StopMakingSense

Bobby Canavale's Bourdain impression is killing me.

Shit I didn't see it but yes he's totally impersonating Bourdain
Last edited by nOoblet16; 05-13-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Dereck
(05-13-2017, 09:55 AM)
Dereck's Avatar

Originally Posted by nOoblet16

Why though? I donno why it took him two years to make ten 30 mins long episodes. The ending makes you want more as it feels like it kind of just ends.
n

It's because he has to keep doing stuff, the show is based on his own life, so if he makes another season too quickly he'll run out of actual real life material, he says
Monty Mole
Member
(05-13-2017, 10:00 AM)
Monty Mole's Avatar
Just seen first episode of Season 2. Really enjoyable even if I didn't care for the classic film look.

It is a strange show though, and one of mild consistency rather than any peak highlights (I can barely remember Season 1). Also, unlike other shows of this ilk (from Louie to Curb to Peep Show), Aziz is a strangely middle of the road protagonist. He's not a nasty vile self centred outcast that both upsets everyone around him, and gets upset by everyone around him. He's not a clumsy fool that causes everything to crumble around him. He's just a pretty decent bloke that is finding his way through life. Which is unusual for this type of comedy.

It's greater than the sum of its parts though and looking forward to watch the rest of Season 2.
Last edited by Monty Mole; 05-13-2017 at 10:06 AM.
mariachi507
Member
(05-13-2017, 10:36 AM)
mariachi507's Avatar
Just started episode 1, Dev has a nice little bluray collection.
Inceptional
Member
(05-13-2017, 10:52 AM)
Inceptional's Avatar
The funniest thing to me was every time Arnold said Digiorno instead of Bongiorno. I Love Big-bud.
Messofanego
Member
(05-13-2017, 12:19 PM)
Messofanego's Avatar
Damn, you guys already finished? lol the quickness with that binging.
Swamped
Member
(05-13-2017, 12:35 PM)
Swamped's Avatar
Working through season 1 now, can't believe it took me this long to watch this! Really really enjoying this so far. Just watched Nashville, such a sweet and realistic episode. Dev and Rachel are just such nice people.
Herr Schwarz
Member
(05-13-2017, 03:15 PM)
Herr Schwarz's Avatar
omg the Italian lady in this hnnnghhhh
tauroxd
Member
(05-13-2017, 03:28 PM)
tauroxd's Avatar

Originally Posted by Esiquio

WHAT. I just finished the last episode. Gutted me, God. But she's not wearing a ring in that scene!

Originally Posted by Merchandise

So yeah, I did just watch the entire season in one day.

That final shot?

About the Final Episode Spoiler Final Shot: it was a shot from the episode where Francesca stays at Dev's because of the weather. They have the same clothes and they are in the exact same position where you last see them in the night.

Random thoughts: I get why people don't like Arnold, but I can't help it to be happy when he is on camera. He is just goofy and fun. A fun friend that supports you is always good.

Episode 6 is a clear definition of a filler episode, but my God i LOVED IT A LOT. I found it very special and well intended, like a nice window into the lives of the characters. But they made of for the filler by Whole Season Spoiler making episode 9 almost and hour long.

I also Whole Season Spoiler Missed Rachel A LOT. I just loved her to death in Season 1 and it made me very sad to only see her in just that one scene,
and also because it was like a low punch from life to show you that peson in that specific moment. I loved Francesca, but she has a whole life very different from Dev's, starting with the fact that she is engaged, so I really was a expecting a comeback of Rachel, like Francesca was a "Summer" love. A very special and magical "Summer" love that you won't probably forget for many years but just that in the end.
Esiquio
Member
(05-13-2017, 03:40 PM)
Esiquio's Avatar

Originally Posted by tauroxd

About the Final Episode Spoiler Final Shot: it was a shot from the episode where Francesca stays at Dev's because of the weather. They have the same clothes and they are in the exact same position where you last see them in the night.

Random thoughts: I get why people don't like Arnold, but I can't help it to be happy when he is on camera. He is just goofy and fun. A fun friend that supports you is always good.

Episode 6 is a clear definition of a filler episode, but my God i LOVED IT A LOT. I found it very special and well intended, like a nice window into the lives of the characters. But they made of for the filler by Whole Season Spoiler making episode 9 almost and hour long.

I also Whole Season Spoiler Missed Rachel A LOT. I just loved her to death in Season 1 and it made me very sad to only see her in just that one scene,
and also because it was like a low punch from life to show you that peson in that specific moment. I loved Francesca, but she has a whole life very different from Dev's, starting with the fact that she is engaged, so I really was a expecting a comeback of Rachel, like Francesca was a "Summer" love. A very special and magical "Summer" love that you won't probably forget for many years but just that in the end.

Quick thought about the last episode: I thought the same thing, but rewound it and she is very clearly not wearing a ring. When Dev is laying with her in bed in episode 9, it's made extremely obvious she has a huge ass rock on her hand. When Dev lays down next to her the shot focuses directly on her ring.
Nameless
(05-13-2017, 03:50 PM)
Nameless's Avatar
The Ramaniac definitely posts on GAF
MMarston
Member
(05-13-2017, 03:56 PM)
MMarston's Avatar

Originally Posted by tauroxd

About the Final Episode Spoiler Final Shot: it was a shot from the episode where Francesca stays at Dev's because of the weather. They have the same clothes and they are in the exact same position where you last see them in the night.

But she's was wearing white, collared shirt in that episode. In the ending, she's in black.

Originally Posted by Nameless

The Ramaniac definitely posts on GAF

Aziz or Alan clearly lurk around here.
tauroxd
Member
(05-13-2017, 04:01 PM)
tauroxd's Avatar

Originally Posted by Esiquio

Quick thought about the last episode: I thought the same thing, but rewound it and she is very clearly not wearing a ring. When Dev is laying with her in bed in episode 9, it's made extremely obvious she has a huge ass rock on her hand. When Dev lays down next to her the shot focuses directly on her ring.

Originally Posted by MMarston

But she's was wearing white, collared shirt in that episode. In the ending, she's in black.

I'm stoopid. You are both right.
Otheradam
Member
(05-13-2017, 04:07 PM)
Otheradam's Avatar

Originally Posted by Merchandise

Love it so far

Is his Italian good? Seems like it to me

According to my Italian friend, his Italian is not great but realistic for an American.
phanphare
Member
(05-13-2017, 04:10 PM)
phanphare's Avatar
man episode 4 is killing me right now

the ramen girl seems like a perfect match for GAF
CreepingFear
Member
(05-13-2017, 04:27 PM)
CreepingFear's Avatar
Allora!
sixteen-bit
Member
(05-13-2017, 04:35 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar
I finishing binging this show. It was great.

Now the wait for Season 3, lol
CreepingFear
Member
(05-13-2017, 05:06 PM)
CreepingFear's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

I finishing binging this show. It was great.

Now the wait for Season 3, lol

Sounds like the wait will be as hard as the wait for Westworld. I guess that's better than being canceled.
SeanR1221
Member
(05-13-2017, 05:07 PM)
SeanR1221's Avatar
Finished this morning.

That ending!
RiderKairuu
Member
(05-13-2017, 05:25 PM)
RiderKairuu's Avatar
Watched the first 3 eps last night and I really loved episode 2. It starts off high and just goes. Dev and Arnold is the best bromance since JD and Turk from Scrubs.
Draper
Member
(05-13-2017, 05:27 PM)
Draper's Avatar
I want one of those weed pens
Sunster
Member
(05-13-2017, 05:29 PM)
Sunster's Avatar
did not expect that ending. i thought her leaving would be the shows way of saying, "things don't always work out. move on." glad they didn't go that route.
JonnyKong
Member
(05-13-2017, 05:30 PM)
JonnyKong's Avatar
I love how much this season is obsessed with food.
phanphare
Member
(05-13-2017, 05:36 PM)
phanphare's Avatar

Originally Posted by Draper

I want one of those weed pens

they're fairly easy to acquire depending on where you live. just make sure you're getting quality carts. the stuff they mix it with to make it more viscous can be pretty bad for you.
Draper
Member
(05-13-2017, 05:40 PM)
Draper's Avatar

Originally Posted by phanphare

they're fairly easy to acquire depending on where you live. just make sure you're getting quality carts. the stuff they mix it with to make it more viscous can be pretty bad for you.

I actually live in Colorado, so it probably shouldn't be too challenging, ha. Is it highly concentrated? I don't smoke weed often at all so I just want something really mellow.
Xando
Member
(05-13-2017, 05:41 PM)
Xando's Avatar
Finished the season.

Favorite episode probably was 3. Loved everything about it. Especially his fathers lines.
ghostofsparta
Member
(05-13-2017, 05:45 PM)
ghostofsparta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xando

Finished the season.

Favorite episode probably was 3. Loved everything about it. Especially his fathers lines.

His father is hilarious and a decent actor. His mother on the other hand needs better lines and more acting practice, she's pretty bad
aBarreras
Member
(05-13-2017, 05:47 PM)
aBarreras's Avatar
i just watched, "i love you new york"

holy fucking shit, that episode was GOLD Harold, GOLD
jmood88
Member
(05-13-2017, 05:58 PM)
jmood88's Avatar
For the New York episode, each time they switched to a new person, I wanted the whole episode to be about them. Every character was great.
NipplesAndToes23
Corona Drug Bust
(05-13-2017, 06:14 PM)
NipplesAndToes23's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackpanther25

Just finished the Thanksgiving episode. Damn he got me with the feels.

I see what you're talking about. The feels and the shit was funny as hell. I was straight rolling bruh! When Denise brought that o2nd girl over and she started talking about a damn dog video from World Star after they were talking about police brutality. The shit had me cracking the fuck up! When Dev put her on blast at the dinner table, I fucking tripped. "Hold on it's nipplesandtoes23"? Then this bitch asked for some damn chocolate milk and Aunty said "she's a THOT, That Hoe Over There" I lost it!

Too fucking funny my dude!
phanphare
Member
(05-13-2017, 06:21 PM)
phanphare's Avatar

Originally Posted by Draper

I actually live in Colorado, so it probably shouldn't be too challenging, ha. Is it highly concentrated? I don't smoke weed often at all so I just want something really mellow.

nah it's not, the thc is diluted with whatever they mix it with. it's pretty mellow.

Originally Posted by aBarreras

i just watched, "i love you new york"

holy fucking shit, that episode was GOLD Harold, GOLD

Originally Posted by jmood88

For the New York episode, each time they switched to a new person, I wanted the whole episode to be about them. Every character was great.

just finished that episode. this show is great.

Thread Tools