• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Baron von Loathsome
(05-20-2017, 02:19 AM)
I'd love to be a fly on the wall on Air Force One right now.
Pop-O-Matic
(05-20-2017, 02:20 AM)

Originally Posted by JordanN

It's over for Trump. If he doesn't resign tommorow, he just looks like an asshole.

So you're saying he either resigns or literally nothing changes.
Ziltoidia 9
The soundtrack of me watching news coverage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TovqogviVU

Last edited by Ziltoidia 9; 05-20-2017 at 02:25 AM.
Shadow Puppetry

Originally Posted by XenodudeX

Doesn't this mean Trump didn't really know whats going on?

Think what you just typed out. Think really hard.
Kyzer
RIP to Harambe, the gorilla who died

Originally Posted by Pop-O-Matic

So you're saying he either resigns or literally nothing changes.

Lol
Surfinn
I find it really hard to believe that Trump could just accidentally collude with Russians. How would that even be possible?
zaryn
(05-20-2017, 02:21 AM)
I have never experienced a news cycle like this. It's almost too much. Twitter is almost on a constant refresh.
Felix Lighter

Originally Posted by Mauddib

Eh is there any proof that Trump himself tried to cover any of this up? Obstruction of justice seems to be clear as day though with his recorded White House statement.

Obstruction of justice is part of the cover up. Easing pressure by firing the FBI Director is part of the cover up.
mr2xxx
I'm done for the day, I can't handle this anymore. At this rate I'm going to wake up to a Pee tape leak.
Vyse The Legend
Wiser than thou

Eh is there any proof that Trump himself tried to cover any of this up? Obstruction of justice seems to be clear as day though with his recorded White House statement.

Asking Comey to let it go could easily be seen as obstruction and covering it up. They're not mutually exclusive.
Mauddib

Originally Posted by XenodudeX

Doesn't this mean Trump didn't really know whats going on?

Hard to say. Mueller is going to conduct a deep dive. Who knows what will pop up.
Armaros
(05-20-2017, 02:22 AM)

Trying to get comey to drop the Flynn investigation.

In a he said, he said fight, an FBI officer's memos and memorandums made for conversations are admissible and given credibility.
vsaintlo
(05-20-2017, 02:22 AM)

White House right now...
TesUsa
(05-20-2017, 02:23 AM)
Went to look at the Donald (fml) and it's all about wiener and Seth. Sad!
Host Samurai
If Trump took a dump on Jeffrey Lords bed would he still defend him?

I am just waiting for all this to trail to Sessions.
Syncytia

Originally Posted by Armaros

Trying to get comey to drop the Flynn investigation.

In a he said, he said fight, an FBI officer's memos and memorandums made for conversations are admissible and given credibility.

Especially when his memos are from the time of events, rather than the other guy saying NUH UH when he is accused of wrongdoing.
KSweeley
(05-20-2017, 02:24 AM)

Originally Posted by TesUsa

Went to look at the Donald (fml) and it's all about wiener and Seth. Sad!

They're talking about each other wieners???
Kyzer
RIP to Harambe, the gorilla who died
(05-20-2017, 02:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Host Samurai

"Reagan actually took a shit on my bed as well. But the media never likes to talk about that"
Dan
No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
(05-20-2017, 02:25 AM)
With all of the evidence that damned near everyone knew that Flynn was dirty and compromised, Trump and company are going to have a hell of a time trying to invoke plausible deniability.
shiba5

Originally Posted by Jive Turkey

They really need to hold these stories for another week. At this point I can see Trump and co. rerouting Air Force One to Moscow and calling it.

At this point, I'll ignore them stealing the plane as long as they never come back.
Ether_Snake
安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I'll repeat it in every thread when new stuff emerges on this guy; Trump wanted him as VP. Imagine the current situation if he had actually been VP. Heck if he was still around and Trump had an accident or health issue, the guy would have become president.
AlteredBeast
Fork 'em, Sparky!

Originally Posted by Heroman

That hair was too good looking. Borderline dignifying him, fixed:

Buckle
(05-20-2017, 02:26 AM)
Its kind of fucking amazing how casual the Trump administration must have thought buddying up to Russia would be.

They've spent so much time getting fed treats by them that once they came into office, the thought of all the corruption and potential treason being used against them must have never crossed their mind. It was all completely normal, no one would get nailed for that. Its just the usual business.
Stinkles
Clothed, sober, cooperative
(05-20-2017, 02:26 AM)
You know, if I was Roger Ailes' family, I would assume he's an old man who simply slipped and fell. But I would probably grieve and then ask for an independent autopsy just so that I could have some closure on that timing.
NorthAndSouth
(05-20-2017, 02:29 AM)

Originally Posted by vsaintlo

White House right now...

The WH can only aspire to be as resourceful and clever...
Zolo
(05-20-2017, 02:29 AM)

One major concern for Obama administration officials was the subject of conversations between Flynn and Kislyak that took place shortly after Obama slapped new sanctions on Russia for meddling in the election. Sources tell CNN that Flynn told Kislyak that the Trump administration would look favorably on a decision by Russia to hold off on retaliating with its own sanctions. The next day, Putin said he wouldn't retaliate.

So......are we supposed to pretend Trump didn't know about this conversation?

shiba5
(05-20-2017, 02:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Zolo

Why, that's not suspicious at all!
DontBeThatGuy

Originally Posted by Host Samurai

Lords is playing the game CNN has bestowed upon him. He will absolutely defend that turd on his bed.
Brashnir

Originally Posted by Buckle

Its kind of fucking amazing how casual the Trump administration must have thought buddying up to Russia would be.

They've spent so much time getting fed treats by them that once they came into office, the thought of all the corruption and potential treason being used against them must have never crossed their mind. It was all completely normal, no one would get nailed for that. Its just the usual business.

they probably actually believed all the wingnut conspiracy theories about democratic corruption, and figured that's just how it was done.
Kusagari
(05-20-2017, 02:31 AM)
Here's my general thoughts on Trump's place in this:

Trump had no direct role in the collusion. Flynn and others, including Kushner, were the ones talking to the Russians and colluding with them. They likely told Trump the general gist of this stuff and about some of the people they were meeting like Kislyak, but not the finer details of what was going on.

Trump didn't think anything of this and legitimately believed it was a good thing.

I legitimately believe Trump is too dumb to have been involved in the actual minutiae of this and that he probably has never understood the collusion aspect of it.
antonz
They are gonna Ollie North Donald Trump. I can see it developing
King Tubby

Obstruction of justice is covering it up.

Keep in mind that Nixon didn't get taken down by proving he ordered the initial crime. He was taped in the process of trying to halt an investigation into it.
BitStyle
(05-20-2017, 02:32 AM)

🤔🤔🤔
Crimsonclaw111
(05-20-2017, 02:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Kusagari

Trump had no direct role in the collusion. Flynn and others, including Kushner, were the ones talking to the Russians and colluding with them. They likely told Trump the general gist of this stuff and about some of the people they were meeting like Kislyak, but not the finer details of what was going on.

Trump didn't think anything of this and legitimately believed it was a good thing.

I legitimately believe Trump is too dumb to have been involved in the actual minutiae of this and that he probably has never understood the collusion aspect of it.

Too bad he's still fucked on obstruction of justice.

SAD!
DontBeThatGuy
(05-20-2017, 02:33 AM)

Originally Posted by King Tubby

Obstruction of justice is covering it up.

Keep in mind that Nixon didn't get taken down by proving he ordered the initial crime. He was taped in the process of trying to halt an investigation into it.

If some of you haven't listened to those Nixon tapes, you really should.
Feep
Second-hand Citizen
(05-20-2017, 02:34 AM)
Those poor SNL writers. How the hell are they supposed to lock down a script and get rehearsals in?
Debirudog
Flynn can rot in jail and he can bring all his other pals too-especially Trump.
Felix Lighter

He didn't add a wink emoji so it's probably nothing.
StopMakingSense
(05-20-2017, 02:35 AM)

Originally Posted by antonz

They are gonna Ollie North Donald Trump. I can see it developing

How, though? It's fucking Kushner and Flynn.
Extollere
Sucks at poetry
And Donald Trump said he wanted to find a way to get Flynn back in the White House!
DopeyFish
Not bitter, just unsweetened

but then you get into the the obstruction of justice

the well established connections between trump and the russian oligarchs

trump meeting putin and references conversations they had and then years later claiming he did no such thing... it goes on and on and on and on

honestly there's just so much shit between him and russia that it's FAR more likely he's complicit than it all being one big coincidence.
antonz
(05-20-2017, 02:36 AM)

Originally Posted by StopMakingSense

How, though? It's fucking Kushner and Flynn.

Flynn will end up falling on the Sword as the "brains" of it all and the Poor Helpless President had no idea what was going on.
rjinaz

Trump is scum. He has proven it, hell he proves it nearly every day. I refuse to believe he didn't have his hands in this. Trump is always about winning, no matter the cost. There is no question he can be easily manipulated. But that also doesn't mean he didn't get his hands dirty in covering things up.
StopMakingSense

Originally Posted by antonz

Flynn will end up falling on the Sword as the "brains" of it all and the Poor Helpless President had no idea what was going on.

But Kushner. He IS Trump, for all intents and purposes.

And Ollie wasn't Reagan's NSA!
Felix Lighter
(05-20-2017, 02:38 AM)
The brains of it all on the ground was Manafort and I wouldn't be surprised if he's already making deals.
theclosetfan

I've been raving to people about this tweet, and nobody remembers it in light of all the other dumbass, incriminating tweets. This one right here. This shows he knew exactly what Flynn was doing.
StopMakingSense

Originally Posted by Felix Lighter

The brains of it all on the ground was Manafort and I wouldn't be surprised if he's already making deals.

Yeah, Manafort DGAF.
Septimus Prime
(05-20-2017, 02:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Feep

Those poor SNL writers. How the hell are they supposed to lock down a script and get rehearsals in?

"Fuck it. We'll do it live!"
Master Yoshi
Russia trying to play fourth dimensionan chess and U.S. intelligence just flipped the fucking table.

Although the U.S. political climate is in shambles, so I guess they're still winning.
Zolo

Originally Posted by rjinaz

I refuse to believe he didn't have his hands in this.

Again:

He was absolutely in on it. He may not have had direct communications, but he was in on it. Not even getting into how he said he wanted Russians to hack Hillary's emails.