• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Knuckle Sandwich
(05-20-2017, 04:53 AM)
You should stop having dishonest bullshitters on your show, Anderson. This is a funny clip but CNN is still a shit show.
smokeymicpot
Beat EviLore at pool.
(05-20-2017, 04:54 AM)
I love Coop.
BlackJace
(05-20-2017, 04:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Knuckle Sandwich

You should stop having dishonest bullshitters on your show, Anderson. This is a funny clip but CNN is still a shit show.

Anderson doesn't have much control over who comes on the show
The Artisan
(05-20-2017, 04:57 AM)
i am waiting for the day that a mike tyson caliber national interview happens this presidency

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_trSpg99yc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83-ucabW-9I
StopMakingSense
(05-20-2017, 04:58 AM)

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

EDIT: Actually I'm conflicted now.

Who the flip is that Nick Searcy guy in the Twitter comments???

He's talking himself up like some big hotshot cause whenever he signs up for something he appears on the news?

Yet he's acting like a grade A jerkwad.

Searcy is an actor, played Art on Justified. Which is kinda heartbreaking for me that he's such a shit.
GameAddict411
(05-20-2017, 04:58 AM)
Then why do they freakin bring on the show almost daily now? It's pretty obvious they are doing it to attract viewers who love drama, but it seriously impacts their real job of talking about the events unfolding. CNN should get their shit together.
Trouble
(05-20-2017, 04:59 AM)
Silver Fox telling it like it is.
Strike
notaskwid
I wish I had Anderson Cooper's face.
oti
(05-20-2017, 05:01 AM)
Pointless TV drama to make them look good while being the biggest hypocrites by offering those nutjobs the spotlight in the first place.

People will gobble this up as "YEAH, TELLS IT HOW IT IS" and it will just go on and on. Great job, CNN.
FinaruDensetsu
(05-20-2017, 05:01 AM)
Why does CNN do this? Keeping people like Lord and McEnany on their payroll just makes them look like WWE. If you want real Republican voices just invite any of the actual crazy GOP reps or senators.
L Thammy
(05-20-2017, 05:02 AM)
I think the same thing whenever I see that Jack Thompson lookalike guy.
Gentleman Jack
(05-20-2017, 05:03 AM)
If Anderson has zero control over his bookings, and he's actually, sincerely tired of playing his part in Zucker's zero-information feel-good manipulative point-scoring shoutfest circus then he's only got one way out where he's still the good guy.

We'll see if he takes it.
TheLover
(05-20-2017, 05:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Fergie

Useless theatre.

Lord will still be on speaking absolute nonsense.

Yep
BeforeU
Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
(05-20-2017, 05:09 AM)
They pay him to defend him so they can have a debate on the panel. This is all staged and fucking dumb. Don't fall for it.
SeaOfMadness
(05-20-2017, 05:11 AM)
#trumpdump is now trending

no, not really, but it should
metalslimer
(05-20-2017, 05:11 AM)
I don't think Cooper is in charge of hiring people like Lord. Though if he actually respects his integrity he should make an ultimatum to get them off of his show.

They aren't even paid to give the Republican perspective. They are literally paid to shill no matter what and it's disgusting.
smokeymicpot
Beat EviLore at pool.
(05-20-2017, 05:12 AM)

Originally Posted by metalslimer

I don't think Cooper is in charge of hiring people like Lord. Though if he actually respects his integrity he should make an ultimatum to get them off of his show.

They gave Cooper a good deal probably since he can do 60 minutes time to time.
AlexFlame116
(05-20-2017, 05:13 AM)

Originally Posted by StopMakingSense

Searcy is an actor, played Art on Justified. Which is kinda heartbreaking for me that he's such a shit.

Haven't seen it to be honest but the way he acts makes me not want to.

But thank you for answering my question!
Knuckle Sandwich
(05-20-2017, 05:14 AM)

Originally Posted by BlackJace

Anderson doesn't have much control over who comes on the show

I think he could if he raised a stink but he likes ratings and money just like everyone.
Maxim726X
(05-20-2017, 05:14 AM)
Lord laughs because he knows it's true.

And he gets views. It works.
Balphon
(05-20-2017, 05:17 AM)
Well yeah, Anderson.

That's why he's invited to come on CNN every day.
the_batman
CNN needs to go back to just reporting news, with the occasional contributer who can help make sense of things.

The talking heads have become unwatchable
Not
Funny thing is he's right

Pooping on the desk would suddenly be the most Presidential thing anyone has ever down in Lord's eyes
I feel for Cooper. So much news and he is stuck talking to Jeff (shit) Lord
MIMIC
Why won't homeless people take my emails????????
(05-20-2017, 05:19 AM)
I just turned to CNN and he literally just said it xD

Anderson: "I meant dumping documents on the desk."

lol
BFIB
(05-20-2017, 05:25 AM)
I thought Trump was more into water sports?
smokeymicpot
Beat EviLore at pool.
(05-20-2017, 05:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Knuckle Sandwich

I think he could if he raised a stink but he likes ratings and money just like everyone.

Yeah like I said above they do allow him to do 60 minutes so it makes sense.
IdreamofHIME
(05-20-2017, 05:34 AM)
People mad at the heel for being a heel.
ThisGuy
(05-20-2017, 05:36 AM)

Originally Posted by The Artisan

i am waiting for the day that a mike tyson caliber national interview happens this presidency

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_trSpg99yc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83-ucabW-9I

That's gotta suck being punked out by the champ like that. Lmao, can't do nothing about it.
Acorn
(05-20-2017, 05:43 AM)
Coopers "fuck this shit" exasperation is so fun to watch.
Tevious
(05-20-2017, 05:44 AM)
Trump could take a shit on Jeffery Lord's doorstep and Lord would defend it even after stepping in it.
SolicitorPirate
(05-20-2017, 05:46 AM)
As someone pretty stressed at work right now, being a Trump defender sounds like a great job. You don't even have to put effort into it; just give a half assed explanation for every stupid thing he does, and you get paid for it.
Acorn
(05-20-2017, 05:48 AM)

Originally Posted by SolicitorPirate

As someone pretty stressed at work right now, being a Trump defender sounds like a great job. You don't even have to put effort into it; just give a half assed explanation for every stupid thing he does, and you get paid for it.

There may be a press sec job available soon. I doubt it'll help with stress but have at it man.
L Thammy
(05-20-2017, 06:02 AM)

Originally Posted by SolicitorPirate

Don't think of like that. Trump defenders have to put in the same amount of thought and effort as the President himself.
shawnbuddy
(05-20-2017, 08:35 AM)
Stop watching this crap. CNN is taking what might be the most important news of your life and treating it like a pro wrestling match where you pick a face or a heel and root for them.
Piggus
(05-20-2017, 08:47 AM)

Originally Posted by shawnbuddy

Stop watching this crap. CNN is taking what might be the most important news of your life and treating it like a pro wrestling match where you pick a face or a heel and root for them.

Oh please. Their commentary and opinions from their panels is entertaining and provides viewpoints from idiots and experts alike. It's valuable when you supplement it with print articles from good sources.
DeaconKnowledge
(05-20-2017, 08:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Piggus

Oh please. Their commentary and opinions from their panels is entertaining and provides viewpoints from idiots and experts alike. It's valuable when you supplement it with print articles from good sources.

That's pretty much what he said.
the_batman
(05-20-2017, 10:29 AM)

the news isn't supposed to be entertaining, it's supposed to be direct and objective.
Mr.Shrugglesツ
(05-20-2017, 10:33 AM)
The fact that anderson cooper said this and that fuckface laughed it off, just goes to show how fucked trump, the administration and a huge majority of the republicans, are.
meppi
(05-20-2017, 10:35 AM)

Originally Posted by notaskwid

I wish I had Anderson Cooper's face.

You monster! :-O
theignoramus
(05-20-2017, 10:40 AM)
Then why does CNN consistently allow that buffoon a platform for his propaganda?
Vincent Alexander
(05-20-2017, 10:55 AM)

Originally Posted by StopMakingSense

One of my favorite shows, but yeah...I googled most of the main cast last year and was sad to see he was a little hardass in real life. His political commentary has generally been pretty upsetting and stupid. I suppose he fits Art pretty well.
Carcetti
(05-20-2017, 11:04 AM)

That's what ruins society, thinking that all opinions are somehow valuable.

An idiot with no idea what they're saying has no business even being there. Imagine a discussion with experts and experts instead.
liquidtmd
(05-20-2017, 11:09 AM)
* Trump dumps on desk

"This troubles me"

* Goes back to reading paper
EviLore
Expansive Ellipses
(05-20-2017, 11:39 AM)
It has about as much value as a Jerry Springer show. Cooper and Lord are both CNN employees playing defined roles. Cooper is there to sound reasonable, and Lord is there to, yes, defend Trump taking a dump on the Resolute Desk if need be. CNN wins by getting you to watch this garbage, and you lose by giving it the time of day and thinking it has anything to do with the news.

I'll give Anderson Cooper a golf clap if he drops this scripted reality TV farce that's damaging the minds of the American people and all played a major role in facilitating Trump's viability as a candidate every step of the way, not for any number of one-liners that fail to acknowledge the greater charade he's complicit in.

How about a round of applause instead for Lester Holt going one-on-one with the POTUS and staying cool as ice with pointed interjections and followups throughout, after the whole thing opened with a random bombshell he couldn't have anticipated.
The Albatross
(05-20-2017, 11:45 AM)
Funny comment but cnn stages these arguments. Producers tell Lord to defend Trump at all times. Not that he isn't already a tool but these arguments are like pro wrestling worked shoots.
shawnbuddy
(05-20-2017, 11:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Carcetti

An idiot with no idea what they're saying has no business even being there. Imagine a discussion with experts and experts instead.

Don't imagine it, just watch PBS.
Zolo
(05-20-2017, 01:44 PM)

Originally Posted by shawnbuddy

Don't imagine it, just watch PBS.

Just watched it some. I was surprised by how much it focused on the issue rather than trying to be entertaining.

Still watch snippets of CNN and Fox News to see how others are receiving news.
Bronx-Man
In 16th century Japan, the African slave of a Jesuit priest rises to become a samurai in the service of its most powerful warlord, & faces the challenge of a corrupt general who is scheming to topple the warlord & rule in his place.
(05-20-2017, 01:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Carcetti