• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Jawmuncher
(04-11-2017, 07:22 PM)
Might be in the other thread, but to lazy to check.
Looks like there's set pics of a Dino Truck, News Truvk, Manaion, Dilophosaurus and some long neck dinosaur.
Demoncarnotaur
(04-11-2017, 07:26 PM)
Posting to this thread:

Originally Posted by brandonh83

It's a hard-workin' Dilo!

Another Apatomatronic!

bengraven
(04-11-2017, 07:31 PM)

Dilo

strafer
(04-13-2017, 12:32 PM)
It saddens me a bit that there haven't been any news.
Demoncarnotaur
(04-13-2017, 06:05 PM)
So just wtf is going on with the Dilo design:

That's not the Dilo we know at all - the head shape is a lot more like the TLW baby rex with some raptor influences, and the crest is different as well.

Compare to JP:

The body texture looks more reptilian and less amphibian now, and the shape is stockier and more akin to a raptor

vs

GAMEPROFF
(04-13-2017, 06:13 PM)
I mean, I think it makes sense to me that they at least revisited some of the gene sequences and mixed it a bit up.
Demoncarnotaur
(04-13-2017, 08:48 PM)

Originally Posted by GAMEPROFF

I mean, I think it makes sense to me that they at least revisited some of the gene sequences and mixed it a bit up.

I guess what bugs me is it seemed to have lost some of its unique characteristics, and looks more like a retool of a few other dinosaurs. On top of that, the Dilo remained unchanged for 25 years, so I was hoping they would keep it the same and mess with color only.

But then again, this is a blurry leak so when we see the full thing I may change my tune.

I'm pumped it's back either way.
GAMEPROFF
(04-13-2017, 08:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Demoncarnotaur

I guess what bugs me is it seemed to have lost some of its unique characteristics, and looks more like a retool of a few other dinosaurs. On top of that, the Dilo remained unchanged for 25 years, so I was hoping they would keep it the same and mess with color only.

But then again, this is a blurry leak so when we see the full thing I may change my tune.

I'm pumped it's back either way.

Ok, you are right of course.
strafer
(04-13-2017, 08:52 PM)
That baby T-rex looks so happy.
Amalthea
let's dance all the way down to Jewish history-town
(04-13-2017, 09:11 PM)
JW2: Every dinosaur will be a raptor with glued on stuff!
Curler
(04-13-2017, 09:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Amalthea

...I have no problem with that :x Bring on some hybrids!! When's my Triceraptor?
Demoncarnotaur
(04-13-2017, 11:52 PM)

I can imagine the hybrid already.
Last edited by Demoncarnotaur; 04-14-2017 at 12:01 AM.
CheeseConey
(04-14-2017, 04:57 AM)
Got my Breakout Rex, number 70. Have not opened it yet, no clue where to put it. Should have thought this through a little more.

Blablurn
(04-14-2017, 06:01 AM)

Originally Posted by CheeseConey

Got my Breakout Rex, number 70. Have not opened it yet, no clue where to put it. Should have thought this through a little more.

unpack it!
Amalthea
(04-14-2017, 09:41 AM)

I can imagine the hybrid already.

I don't even mind the hybrids that much but even JP Spitter had more correctDilophosaurus features (like the slight gap in its snout wich is subtly hidden with skin in the JP Dilo or the thorns at the end of the crests) than that thing from the new set photos.
Contica
(04-14-2017, 09:49 AM)
I can't lie. That dilo looks terrible. Both scientificly, and since it looks like a rubbery puppet, even with the bad picture quality. So much is wrong with that head, and I don't really get why they'd change the design after they used the old JP design for the hologram in JW. For movies about dinosaurs I find it a bit disturbing that they seem to get less and less scientificly accurate with each installment. Does no one with actual dinosaur knowledge work on these films these days?

The only thing I'm happy about herebis its size. Maybe we'll get a death scene similar to Nedrys death in the book. Boyega should be able to pull that off pretty well.
strafer
(04-14-2017, 10:45 AM)

Originally Posted by CheeseConey

Yo, that is beautiful, does it include a Exlorer too?
CheeseConey
(04-15-2017, 02:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Blablurn

unpack it!

Will soon, just need a good place for it.
MoonsaultSlayer
(04-16-2017, 01:36 PM)

Originally Posted by strafer

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/s...83013103493120

"I've been present for the birth of every little creature on this island." J. Hammond, The Easter Bunny
crisdecuba
(04-16-2017, 01:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Contica

I can't lie. That dilo looks terrible. Both scientificly, and since it looks like a rubbery puppet, even with the bad picture quality. So much is wrong with that head, and I don't really get why they'd change the design after they used the old JP design for the hologram in JW. For movies about dinosaurs I find it a bit disturbing that they seem to get less and less scientificly accurate with each installment. Does no one with actual dinosaur knowledge work on these films these days?

The only thing I'm happy about herebis its size. Maybe we'll get a death scene similar to Nedrys death in the book. Boyega should be able to pull that off pretty well.

Even re the size it could be smaller than it looks due to the perspective - it might be the same size as in the original movie...
Demoncarnotaur
(04-16-2017, 04:33 PM)
At this point, I actually no longer think the Dilo is a animatronic, but actually a statue to be seen in the film as a statue.
bengraven
(04-16-2017, 05:27 PM)

At this point, I actually no longer think the Dilo is a animatronic, but actually a statue to be seen in the film as a statue.

Demoncarnotaur
(04-18-2017, 07:14 PM)
If anyone lives near Minley UK, they're filming in Hawley Common this evening - AFAIK the shoot has yet to begin, but prep for the shoot is well underway.

Originally Posted by bengraven

The good news is if there is a Dilo, it may yet be accurate to JP
Demoncarnotaur
(04-21-2017, 02:08 AM)
Someone caught footage of Jurassic World 2 filming this evening: https://youtu.be/76M1SA5SOPA

It appears to be Rafe Spall hanging out of the side of the helicopter, with Toby Jones climbing the ladder.
strafer
(04-21-2017, 02:14 AM)
Oh shit, actual behind the scenes, nice.

Also, a rain scene, Fuck yes.
brandonh83
Captain of the Blockbuster Defense Force
(04-21-2017, 02:15 AM)
RIP both of them lol
Jawmuncher
(04-21-2017, 02:17 AM)
I hope someone is falling into a pit of raptors
Sesha
(04-21-2017, 02:25 AM)
RIP Toby Jones' character. I guess that was to be expected.
Last edited by Sesha; 04-21-2017 at 02:28 AM.
Kyleripman
(04-21-2017, 02:39 AM)
Dilophosaurus is actually back!? Hype!

edit: just read the above :(
Last edited by Kyleripman; 04-21-2017 at 02:45 AM.
Cow Mengde
(04-21-2017, 02:45 AM)
So what happened to consistency with the franchise? Why does the Dilophosaurus look nothing like the first movie? How are they going to explain that?
Kyleripman
(04-21-2017, 02:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Cow Mengde

So what happened to consistency with the franchise? Why does the Dilophosaurus look nothing like the first movie? How are they going to explain that?

To be fair, the raptors have changed with every installment, sometimes dramatically. Although that in itself is weird. JP3 raptors were always my favorite.
Demoncarnotaur
(04-21-2017, 04:26 AM)

Franchise has never had continuity post TLW, but I think this one will make sense once the movie hits.
Cow Mengde
(04-21-2017, 06:10 AM)

Franchise has never had continuity post TLW, but I think this one will make sense once the movie hits.

I was making fun of people that used it as an excuse for no feathers.
Mr_Antimatter
(04-21-2017, 06:41 AM)

Well, given they are all genetically engineered hybrids, it could probably be explained by a different source of DNA from the ones in JPI.

And heck, the series has always played fast and loose with dino sizes. Dilo should be the size of the raptors, and the raptors should be the size of a turkey.
HP_Wuvcraft
(04-21-2017, 06:48 AM)

Someone caught footage of Jurassic World 2 filming this evening: https://youtu.be/76M1SA5SOPA

It appears to be Rafe Spall hanging out of the side of the helicopter, with Toby Jones climbing the ladder.

Yup, that looks like an island.
strafer
(04-21-2017, 12:12 PM)
I cant believe we will get a rainy night sequence again.

It's been missed.
Amalthea
(04-21-2017, 12:20 PM)

Originally Posted by HP_Wuvcraft

Yup, that looks like an island.

At least if they go back to have pine trees on a Costa Rican island for some reason.
brandonh83
(04-21-2017, 04:32 PM)
Jawmuncher
(04-21-2017, 04:33 PM)
Whi's fucking house is this is what I really wanna know
strafer
(04-21-2017, 04:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

Whi's fucking house is this is what I really wanna know

Probably James Cromwells characters house.
Demoncarnotaur
(04-21-2017, 06:23 PM)
In case you wanted to look at a full size crop of only the dinos:

Notice the Rex in backdrop? Not sure what's going on there, but this is certainly just a museum statue diorama, as was the Dilo.

Originally Posted by strafer

Probably James Cromwells characters house.

Yep, I'm betting the same thing.

And via leaked production materials, we know the house is called Lockwood Manor/Estate
Amalthea
(04-21-2017, 08:47 PM)
So how likely will it be that there will be actual dinosaurs in the manor but the people won't know wich one is alive? Kinda like in JP 3 with the lab.
brandonh83
(04-21-2017, 08:49 PM)

So how likely will it be that there will be actual dinosaurs in the manor but the people won't know wich one is alive? Kinda like in JP 3 with the lab.

oh hell no
strafer
(04-21-2017, 08:49 PM)

is this how you make dinosaurs?
Cow Mengde
(04-22-2017, 05:21 AM)
Looks like a badly made Concavenator.
MoonsaultSlayer
(04-23-2017, 10:01 PM)
Watching JW right now (some last night) and I really don't get the complaints. This isn't even just Jurassic/dino fan bias. The film is well directed, shot, edited and, for the most part, acted.

Even looking at just the Owen/raptor reveal, the way it sets up the characters, themes and the build-up of tension culminating in Hoskins giving that "uh huh" grin before walking away, it's so well crafted.

I even love the symmetry of Owens snatching the mosquito that was bugging Claire and she shooting the dimorphodon chomping at Owens.

The attack on the gyrosphere and the I-Rex waiting, ready to pounce, for the boys to surface was pretty horrifying.

Fucking critics and dinguses caught up in "Trevorrow hates women" and high heels... First of all, I didn't think the film needed to have some male-approved feminsist agenda and I thought her (the character and the actress) defiance to go against the typical "strong female character" trope was more empowering. Not wanting kids, wanting to dress "femininely" and powerful, refusing to take off the heels and getting shit done in them despite being told to remove them, and saving the day... twice.

I don't know, I just think the film is brilliant and has more depth than every pretend fan gives it credit for. That's not to say you're only a fan and you're opinion's worthy if you liked it, but there's a clear distinction between constructive critism and whatever the hell those bullshit, drive-by anti-Trevorrow posts are.

Sorry. Too ranty for our circle of fandom here?
Last edited by MoonsaultSlayer; 04-23-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Curler
(04-23-2017, 10:45 PM)
I'll never get the whole high heels thing. Sure, it looked a little silly watching it, but whayever. I hope whoever started freaking out about it took it out on things like Sailor Moon too. It may be animation, but they ALL run with high heels...
Gravidee
(04-23-2017, 11:01 PM)

I'm not sure what the story is with that prop, but if I remember, the dilophosaurus hologram from JW looked pretty close to the one from JP did it not?
WhiteRabbitEXE
(04-23-2017, 11:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Gravidee

I'm not sure what the story is with that prop, but if I remember, the dilophosaurus hologram from JW looked pretty close to the one from JP did it not?