• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Bsigg12
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:52 PM)
Bsigg12's Avatar

Originally Posted by A-V-B

Yeah, a metric fuckton of scalpers' tickets available too, many in groups of 8.

I'm kind of a newbie to getting live tickets, but it's pretty obvious how sweet a deal this is for both the venue AND scalpers. Seems like a starkly defined ecosystem and I'm not sure why it would ever change at this point.

Yea. It's a fucking disaster for us fans who just want a few tickets.
A-V-B
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:54 PM)
A-V-B's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bsigg12

Yea. It's a fucking disaster for us fans who just want a few tickets.

And considering there's no limit to the sessions you can run, there must be entire scalper groups running hundreds or even thousands of coordinated sessions and scooping them all up in one swift movement. Venue sales aren't for little people like us unless you're just extraordinarily lucky.
Last edited by A-V-B; 04-21-2017 at 05:56 PM.
overcast
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:02 PM)
overcast's Avatar
Wow how the fuck. Within a minute
MidnightCowboy
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:03 PM)
MidnightCowboy's Avatar
Gone so fast ;_;
Morat
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:21 PM)
Morat's Avatar
So how do you listen through the app? All I'm getting is a share photos thing
newdayrocks
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:28 PM)
newdayrocks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Morat

So how do you listen through the app? All I'm getting is a share photos thing

You apparently have to be at those specific listening-party locations to use the app to listen to the album. Bummer.
Morat
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:47 PM)
Morat's Avatar

Originally Posted by newdayrocks

You apparently have to be at those specific listening-party locations to use the app to listen to the album. Bummer.

Balls. How do you find out where? I'm in pretty central London
Edgy Murphy
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 06:55 PM)
Edgy Murphy's Avatar
Seattle sold out within five minutes of going up. RIP

While I'm not exactly happy with how much I paid (especially in Canadian dollars, fuck), I bought tickets in the lower bowl.

HYYYYYYYYYYPE
newdayrocks
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:55 PM)
newdayrocks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Morat

Balls. How do you find out where? I'm in pretty central London

Start the app, and look around your room until you find the floating mirror/window thing. That'll help you find the nearest listening location.

Nearest one to me is 90 minutes away by car, so I'll pass.
B33
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:01 PM)
B33's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kusagari

You have any what the difference is between tier 1 and 2?

It's a matter of price.

The festival alotts a certain number of tickets for each tier and raises the price after each tier sells out.
Last edited by B33; 04-21-2017 at 07:54 PM.
newdayrocks
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:02 PM)
newdayrocks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Edgy Murphy

Seattle sold out within five minutes of going up. RIP

While I'm not exactly happy with how much I paid (especially in Canadian dollars, fuck), I bought tickets in the lower bowl.

HYYYYYYYYYYPE

I feel lucky to have gotten a pair of tickets during yesterday's presale for under $140 total. Granted, still have to pay for a hotel that night, and deal with the 4.5-hour drive each way up to Seattle, but I've never seen Gorillaz live, despite having been a fan since the first album came out.

So it'll be great.
Nakazato
(04-21-2017, 07:09 PM)
Nakazato's Avatar

Originally Posted by newdayrocks

I feel lucky to have gotten a pair of tickets during yesterday's presale for under $140 total. Granted, still have to pay for a hotel that night, and deal with the 4.5-hour drive each way up to Seattle, but I've never seen Gorillaz live, despite having been a fan since the first album came out.

So it'll be great.

That's me as well
Morat
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:11 PM)
Morat's Avatar

Originally Posted by newdayrocks

I feel lucky to have gotten a pair of tickets during yesterday's presale for under $140 total. Granted, still have to pay for a hotel that night, and deal with the 4.5-hour drive each way up to Seattle, but I've never seen Gorillaz live, despite having been a fan since the first album came out.

So it'll be great.

Nice one mate. Im hoping for a UK tour eventually, but i doubt the tickets will be even that reasonable!
Edgy Murphy
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 07:17 PM)
Edgy Murphy's Avatar

Originally Posted by newdayrocks

I feel lucky to have gotten a pair of tickets during yesterday's presale for under $140 total. Granted, still have to pay for a hotel that night, and deal with the 4.5-hour drive each way up to Seattle, but I've never seen Gorillaz live, despite having been a fan since the first album came out.

So it'll be great.

Same! I missed out when they came to Vancouver back in 2010, so when my friend asked if I wanted to go, I was immediately down. I've got 5-ish months to save up for the rest of this trip, so that gives me plenty of time to plan out everything.
Conor_Fool
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:19 PM)
Conor_Fool's Avatar
I can't fucking wait for both this album and the show.
Lord Frieza
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:42 PM)
Lord Frieza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Conor_Fool

I can't fucking wait for both this album and the show.

You manage to get a ticket?
hughesta
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:50 PM)
hughesta's Avatar
There's a rip out there now of the House Party but it's still not CDQ. Better than the earlier one though.
Blader
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:53 PM)
Blader's Avatar

Originally Posted by newdayrocks

I feel lucky to have gotten a pair of tickets during yesterday's presale for under $140 total. Granted, still have to pay for a hotel that night, and deal with the 4.5-hour drive each way up to Seattle, but I've never seen Gorillaz live, despite having been a fan since the first album came out.

So it'll be great.

For sure. Last year I spent about $400 on a pair of tickets (each!) to see Radiohead. That's an absurd amount of money to spend on a concert, but they're my favorite band and I'd never seen them before (and given how infrequently they seem to be touring, who knows if/when I'll see them again).

Paying out the ass and traveling across states just to see a show is a pain, but the expenses are only temporary. You get the memories for life.
DarkKyo
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:59 PM)
DarkKyo's Avatar

Originally Posted by hughesta

There's a rip out there now of the House Party but it's still not CDQ. Better than the earlier one though.

I've been waiting for a better quality rip to listen for the first time, is it worth it yet or should I keep waiting? I'm not an audiophile but the vinyl rip from a couple days ago sounded bad to me(so I stopped after one song). Is this one good enough to hear for the first time?
hughesta
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:12 PM)
hughesta's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarkKyo

I've been waiting for a better quality rip to listen for the first time, is it worth it yet or should I keep waiting? I'm not an audiophile but the vinyl rip from a couple days ago sounded bad to me(so I stopped after one song). Is this one good enough to hear for the first time?

I'd say so!
B33
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:14 PM)
B33's Avatar

Originally Posted by iShouldGoPro

Yay! Let's be friends!

Yeah! We should organize a GAF meet-up!
Buttonbasher
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:45 PM)
Buttonbasher's Avatar
Had a friend help me get tickets to the Detroit show while driving to Cincinnati. She was refreshing the app while I drove, and then I pulled over to the side of the road when she saw they were available. They're resale tickets through Ticketmaster, but are in a relatively center area of the floor. Super psyched!
Lucent
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:53 PM)
Lucent's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarkKyo

I've been waiting for a better quality rip to listen for the first time, is it worth it yet or should I keep waiting? I'm not an audiophile but the vinyl rip from a couple days ago sounded bad to me(so I stopped after one song). Is this one good enough to hear for the first time?

Been listening to that, too. The total file size was pretty low. Like 140-150mb. Feels like it might be holding the music back. Maybe my ear buds were broke but I only heard it come out the right ear bud. Momentz sounds great in the car, though. Can't wait to get my actual copy. I hope they release a full live performance DVD/Bluray like they did with Demon Days Live.
RecRoulette
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:55 PM)
RecRoulette's Avatar
New Remixes (Oh, missed it on the last page. Here it is for the new one)

Andromeda (ZHU Remix)

Let Me Out (Banx & Ranx remix)

Andromeda (Purple Disco Remix)


Saturnz Barz (Baauer Remix)
This was posted yesterday
Last edited by RecRoulette; 04-21-2017 at 08:57 PM.
hughesta
Member
(04-21-2017, 09:08 PM)
hughesta's Avatar
She's My Collar is fucking incredible.
iShouldGoPro
Member
(04-21-2017, 09:36 PM)
iShouldGoPro's Avatar

Originally Posted by B33

Yeah! We should organize a GAF meet-up!

Totally down! I just moved from Oregon and don't know anybody here haha

Originally Posted by hughesta

She's My Collar is fucking incredible.

I agree. I've been jamming to that song all day
Buttonbasher
Member
(04-21-2017, 10:50 PM)
Buttonbasher's Avatar

Originally Posted by RecRoulette

New Remixes (Oh, missed it on the last page. Here it is for the new one)

Andromeda (ZHU Remix)

Let Me Out (Banx & Ranx remix)

Andromeda (Purple Disco Remix)


Saturnz Barz (Baauer Remix)
This was posted yesterday

The Let Me Out remix fucking rules!
Citizen_Insane
Member
(04-21-2017, 11:01 PM)
Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Originally Posted by hughesta

There's a rip out there now of the House Party but it's still not CDQ. Better than the earlier one though.

edit: nvm i'm good!
Last edited by Citizen_Insane; 04-21-2017 at 11:36 PM.
GringoSuave89
Member
(04-21-2017, 11:36 PM)
GringoSuave89's Avatar

Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane

Can anyone throw me a pm? :)

Careful you don't get banned.
JMizzlin
Member
(04-21-2017, 11:42 PM)
JMizzlin's Avatar
Just hit up a listening party. Momentz is the song of the album imo. Absolutely brilliant. Hallelujah Money makes a lot more sense in the context of the album.
RecRoulette
Member
(04-21-2017, 11:47 PM)
RecRoulette's Avatar
Submission is my everything, holy shit what a track.
Conscience Falls
Member
(04-22-2017, 12:01 AM)
Conscience Falls's Avatar
Hopefully, someone has some experience with this as I'm not sure what is going on.

Bought my tickets for the Toronto Show off of Nation Ticket's site and now I have an email from My Ticket Tracker asking me to send picture ID to verify my identity as they had issues doing so during checkout?

I successfully paid for the ticket and checked out but me, as well as three others that got tickets, received the same e-mail.
Last edited by Conscience Falls; 04-22-2017 at 12:23 AM.
Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytiiime
(04-22-2017, 12:08 AM)
Killer Queen's Avatar
What I want to know is, if I buy a ticket second hand is there anyway I can get it turned into a physical copy.
isny
napkin dispenser
(04-22-2017, 01:03 AM)
isny's Avatar

Originally Posted by Conscience Falls

Hopefully, someone has some experience with this as I'm not sure what is going on.

Bought my tickets for the Toronto Show off of Nation Ticket's site and now I have an email from My Ticket Tracker asking me to send picture ID to verify my identity as they had issues doing so during checkout?

I successfully paid for the ticket and checked out but me, as well as three others that got tickets, received the same e-mail.

Don't support the scalpers :(
OfTheOverflow
Member
(04-22-2017, 01:27 AM)
OfTheOverflow's Avatar
Tempted to take the train to Sydney to participate in both the March for Science and listen to the album at the park only a hundred odd metres away from it 😁 Might do so.
isny
napkin dispenser
(04-22-2017, 04:07 AM)
isny's Avatar
Toronto is getting VIP tickets with the general sale tomorrow at 10. What did the VIP tickets for the other venues end up running? $200ish?
iavi
Member
(04-22-2017, 04:11 AM)
iavi's Avatar

Originally Posted by RecRoulette

Submission is my everything, holy shit what a track.

When this track leaked a couple months ago, I knew this would be the track of the album for me.

Dare pt2
Blader
Member
(04-22-2017, 04:19 AM)
Blader's Avatar

Originally Posted by Killer Queen

What I want to know is, if I buy a ticket second hand is there anyway I can get it turned into a physical copy.

Only if the reseller is selling a physical copy. And forewarning, if a second-hand ticket is being listed as something that will be mailed to you (as opposed to instant download e-ticket), it might just be the print out of an e-ticket, and not the real paper ticket.
Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytiiime
(04-22-2017, 04:21 AM)
Killer Queen's Avatar

Originally Posted by isny

Toronto is getting VIP tickets with the general sale tomorrow at 10. What did the VIP tickets for the other venues end up running? $200ish?

Shit really? If it's $200 cad I'll definitely hop on that. But I'm not sure if It would be age restricted.

Originally Posted by Blader

Only if the reseller is selling a physical copy. And forewarning, if a second-hand ticket is being listed as something that will be mailed to you (as opposed to instant download e-ticket), it might just be the print out of an e-ticket, and not the real paper ticket.

That fucking sucks
Lord Frieza
Member
(04-22-2017, 04:43 AM)
Lord Frieza's Avatar

Originally Posted by isny

Toronto is getting VIP tickets with the general sale tomorrow at 10. What did the VIP tickets for the other venues end up running? $200ish?

Yeah, all the venues I saw that offered that was around $200.
Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytiiime
(04-22-2017, 04:45 AM)
Killer Queen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lord Frieza

Yeah, all the venues I saw that offered that was around $200.

Is it 19+?
Lord Frieza
Member
(04-22-2017, 04:48 AM)
Lord Frieza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Killer Queen

Is it 19+?

I don't recall seeing an age limit for them, but I wasn't actively looking at them, though
Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytiiime
(04-22-2017, 04:51 AM)
Killer Queen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lord Frieza

I don't recall seeing an age limit for them, but I wasn't actively looking at them, though

Ah well thanks and I guess I'll just hope for the best. I hear VIP ticketholders get exclusive merch and what not so that would be cool provided im actually able to go.
alife
Member
(04-22-2017, 04:57 AM)
alife's Avatar

Originally Posted by RecRoulette

Submission is my everything, holy shit what a track.

.

RecRoulette
Member
(04-22-2017, 06:13 AM)
RecRoulette's Avatar
Gorillaz are going to be on The Late Show next Thursday. There's also a show in NYC on Tuesday if you live in that area.
OfTheOverflow
Member
(04-22-2017, 06:48 AM)
OfTheOverflow's Avatar
Travelled to Sydney today and the March for Science March ended exactly at the Spirit House thing for Sydney so I finally got to listen to the whole album and it was awesome! Can't wait to listen again at some point. And then Mike Pence's motorcade went by.
Citizen_Insane
Member
(04-22-2017, 06:53 AM)
Citizen_Insane's Avatar
Sex Murder Party is not at all what i was expecting and i love it ☺️
Lord Frieza
Member
(04-22-2017, 07:08 AM)
Lord Frieza's Avatar
Did the album leak? How's everyone listening to it already?
Buttonbasher
Member
(04-22-2017, 07:12 AM)
Buttonbasher's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lord Frieza

Did the album leak? How's everyone listening to it already?

A version of it leaked, but you can also listen to the full thing in the Gorillaz app depending on your location (at least I think that's how that feature works).
catfish
I have a foreskin yet I do not have AIDS
(04-22-2017, 07:33 AM)
catfish's Avatar

Originally Posted by Buttonbasher

A version of it leaked, but you can also listen to the full thing in the Gorillaz app depending on your location (at least I think that's how that feature works).

yeah i get a divining rod and if i go 14.9 km to the vondelpark i can be at the 'gorillaz house' i guess thats an album listen?

Thread Tools