• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

verdures
(04-21-2017, 06:20 PM)
And by the same production company as The Land Before Time XIV: Journey of the Brave. It's all connected, friends.
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(04-21-2017, 06:21 PM)
I recognize the woman in that image from Dark Matter. that's all I got OP
creatchee
(04-21-2017, 06:21 PM)

Originally Posted by ElectricBlanketFire

IHeartMtnDEW be like:
Rudimental
(04-21-2017, 06:23 PM)

Originally Posted by AnotherNils

Person on the left looks like a hybrid of Reese Witherspoon and Justin Bieber

Isn't that the kid from Dark Matter?
Arttemis
(04-21-2017, 06:32 PM)
I'm so glad I backed DS board game! I can't wait for my copy to arrive!
Xero
(04-21-2017, 06:36 PM)

Originally Posted by DerekOfTheDykes

You see, sometimes, for the sake of comedic writing, you exaggerate things a little bit or make ridiculous assertions like "child actor legally changed his name to that of an oddly memetic character from a fairly run-of-the-mill film".

the problem its lazy comedy writing and rarely funny, and never clever.
Fisty
(04-21-2017, 06:40 PM)

I would actually genuinely be curious about what would happen if adult Frankie Muniz came back to acting. If Justin Timberlake could have a not abysmal run at acting, adult Frankie Muniz can. I mean, bare minimum, it would have to be better than Shia The Beef.

Actually I kinda want to see what Frankie could have done in the Jesse Pinkman role lol
Toth
(04-21-2017, 06:41 PM)

Originally Posted by NeonBlack

When do I get Bedazzled 2?

Whoa now, Bedazzled was a really fun movie.
Budi
(04-21-2017, 06:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Plywood

I recognize the woman in that image from Dark Matter. that's all I got OP

I know her from Tideland only. And I've always wondered why people seem to hate that film. Personally I'd say it's even a good film. But it's rated worse than Assassin's Creed, Man of Steel etc.
DerekOfTheDykes
(04-21-2017, 06:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Xero

So, to clarify, are you going to bat for Frankie Muniz, or against making references?

I just really don't get why you're upset about that line in particular, when it's just a gag line that isn't even an insult, just a reference to two different other things Muniz had been in.

Originally Posted by Fisty

Actually I kinda want to see what Frankie could have done in the Jesse Pinkman role lol

That...

Huh. That could almost work.
Last edited by DerekOfTheDykes; 04-21-2017 at 06:59 PM.
FortuneFaded
(04-21-2017, 06:57 PM)
Barry Bostwick's agent is a hell of a writer: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000960/b..._=nm_ov_bio_sm

Tall (6' 4"), agile, energetic, and ever-so-confident as both actor and singer, especially on the award-winning Broadway stage, Barry Bostwick possesses that certain narcissistic poise, charm and élan that reminds one instantly (and humorously) of a Kevin Kline -- both were quite brilliant in their respective interpretations of The Pirate King in "The Pirates of Penzance". Yet, for all his diverse talents (he is a Golden Globe winner and was nominated for the Tony Award three times, winning once), Barry is indelibly caught in a time warp. Even today, 35 years after the fact, he is indelibly associated with the role of nerdy hero Brad Majors in the midnight movie phenomena The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975). While it is extremely flattering to be a part of such a cult institution, Barry's acting legacy deserves much more than this.
IamDodongo
(04-21-2017, 06:58 PM)
I just assume this shit is Trump's fault somehow
Fisty
(04-21-2017, 07:00 PM)

Originally Posted by FortuneFaded

Barry Bostwick's agent is a hell of a writer: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000960/b..._=nm_ov_bio_sm

Tall (6' 4"), agile, energetic, and ever-so-confident as both actor and singer, especially on the award-winning Broadway stage, Barry Bostwick possesses that certain narcissistic poise, charm and élan that reminds one instantly (and humorously) of a Kevin Kline -- both were quite brilliant in their respective interpretations of The Pirate King in "The Pirates of Penzance". Yet, for all his diverse talents (he is a Golden Globe winner and was nominated for the Tony Award three times, winning once), Barry is indelibly caught in a time warp. Even today, 35 years after the fact, he is indelibly associated with the role of nerdy hero Brad Majors in the midnight movie phenomena The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975). While it is extremely flattering to be a part of such a cult institution, Barry's acting legacy deserves much more than this.

Left out his breakout role, truly a legacy that will outlive the medium

DerekOfTheDykes
(04-21-2017, 07:01 PM)

Originally Posted by FortuneFaded

Wait, holy shit, Bostwick was Brad Majors?

Huh. I actually only knew of him from Spin City.

Also, re-reading my original post, I see I completely forgot the line where I ragged on Bostwick for starring in The Scorpion King 4. So just assume I made that joke in the original post and that it was more clever than it actually would have been.
thebeeks
(04-21-2017, 07:08 PM)
So when do I get Max Keeble's Even Bigger Move?
blue_phazon
(04-21-2017, 07:10 PM)
Is that Kramer in the car?
Bronx-Man
In 16th century Japan, the African slave of a Jesuit priest rises to become a samurai in the service of its most powerful warlord, & faces the challenge of a corrupt general who is scheming to topple the warlord & rule in his place.
(04-21-2017, 07:16 PM)
LEAVE MY CHILDHOOD ALONE HOLLYWOOD, YOU FUCKS

YOU GODDAMN LEECHES, YOU BLOODTHIRSTY MONSTERS

Originally Posted by thebeeks

Fancyarcher
(04-21-2017, 07:20 PM)
I'd be more surprised if they hadn't made shitty DTD sequels to previous mild forgotten hits before.

Originally Posted by Frozenprince

I would love e to be in the room with whatever locked in the basement producer makes this pitch.

"Nostalgia men, it sells".
Pilgrimzero
(04-21-2017, 07:21 PM)
The girl was in the Silent Hill film and currently stars in a show on Scyfy. She's also into cosplay.
DJ88
(04-21-2017, 07:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Xero

Agent Cody Banks?
Jeronimo Jones
(04-21-2017, 07:26 PM)
Jokes on them, I never saw the first one either.
Charcoal
(04-21-2017, 07:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Bronx-Man

LEAVE MY CHILDHOOD ALONE HOLLYWOOD, YOU FUCKS

YOU GODDAMN LEECHES, YOU BLOODTHIRSTY MONSTERS

This made my whole day
tedtropy
$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
(04-21-2017, 07:29 PM)
This movie looks fucking terrifying.

PSqueak
(04-21-2017, 07:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Kart94

There have been 5000 Land before Time sequels. Science has gone too far for quite a long time.

By now the franchise should be called "The land during time".
jman2050
(04-21-2017, 07:38 PM)

I get that this movie probably had a budget of about $700 and the cast and crew were mostly paid in cold ham sandwiches and Circuit City gift cards, but even so, I'm pretty sure there's no way that this movie will make its money back. I figure that the writer of "Puss-in-Boots" and the director of "Beethoven's Treasure Tail" and five episodes of the ill-fated "Animorphs" tv series aren't exactly going to combine their creative talents to light up the home box office, but even that doesn't explain the depths of depravity one has to sink to in order to make this film.

I think the answer is quite simple. There are a lot of people in the entertainment industry and even the D-listers need work to do.
Fisty
(04-21-2017, 08:07 PM)

Originally Posted by tedtropy

This movie looks fucking terrifying.

Wait a sec, what's that on the tippy top of his head?

... is crazy hair photoshopped on?!?
Alphahawk
World's #1 Rob Thomas Fan!
Attended over 315 Matchbox 20 concerts

When she says baby, I can't help but be scared of it all sometimes. Says the rain's gonna wash away, I believe it!

GREATEST SINGER EVER
(04-21-2017, 08:10 PM)
Like, I'm not even sure who this is for, I know an easy way to get your project off the ground in Hollywood is just to attach it to a franchise, but who in 2017 wanted a new Big Fat Liar.

Home Alone, Land Before Time etc all make sense because the original were beloved properties, but BFL, always seemed like just a way to transition Frankie Munez and Amanda Bynes to the silver screen.
Gorillaz
sober as a drunk judge
(04-21-2017, 08:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Order

It's already on Netflix, make sure you watch it

about to legit bring this up on my phone breh
Xero
(04-21-2017, 09:23 PM)

So, to clarify, are you going to bat for Frankie Muniz, or against making references?

I just really don't get why you're upset about that line in particular, when it's just a gag line that isn't even an insult, just a reference to two different other things Muniz had been in.

Its merely a pet peeve and yes purposely disregarding an actors name just to refer to them as a character they played is insulting and dismissive. For the same reason it would be rude to refer to an actor you meet in person as only one of their character names and not their real name when you know better.

Clearly you didnt intend it as an insult when i did though. Thats why it struck out to me because it appeared as a unrelevant insult that felt like it came from no where.
zeemumu
(04-21-2017, 09:31 PM)

Originally Posted by thebeeks

Oh man I forgot about this. I can only assume that Mac Keeble turned into Tim Allen's character from Christmas with the Kranks.