• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

always crazy bacon
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:41 PM)
always crazy bacon's Avatar

Originally Posted by ZackieChan

It's happened to me...

You shouldn't have over invested so much.
always crazy bacon
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:50 PM)
always crazy bacon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xun

She's incredibly attached already to be honest.

I've sometimes sent messages in WhatsApp and they were immediately read by her, which implies she had our chat open.

I matched with her in January, but because I came down with Mono I held off from speaking that much until March.

Worst case scenario is that she's a Klingon and she'll constantly want your attention, not want you to go out without her and checking up on you and paranoid you're interested in other girls.
artsi
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:59 PM)
artsi's Avatar

Originally Posted by gaiages

If she wants to do something else, ask her what she wants to do :p If you don't wanna do it, I'm sure you two can come to a compromise if you two want to.

I did ask and she responded "it doesn't need to be anything special but coffee dates are awkward" so ball was in my court again.

Yeah I get it but if my suggestion is not good then please be active and try to suggest something yourself lol.

Anyway then I asked if she wants to go bowling then and that was cool.
chicko1983
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:00 PM)
chicko1983's Avatar
So I asked her if she wanted to go check out a new cocktail bar sometime, she said yes.

I haven't set a date yet aren't looking heaps available the next couple of weekends (got friends in town this weekend and a wedding next). Lucky I'll see her every day at work.

But is there a good timeframe that I should set a date for? I mean we want to drink cocktails so Friday is satdy is preferred.
Kyne
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:27 PM)
Kyne's Avatar
one of my favorite dates was walking into a Barnes & Noble and just just strolling around with the girl commenting on the different books/movies. We basically discovered tons we did/didn't have in common in less than an hour.
gaiages
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:35 PM)
gaiages's Avatar

Originally Posted by artsi

I did ask and she responded "it doesn't need to be anything special but coffee dates are awkward" so ball was in my court again.

Yeah I get it but if my suggestion is not good then please be active and try to suggest something yourself lol.

Anyway then I asked if she wants to go bowling then and that was cool.

Geez, that's annoying lol. If you don't like something at least make a counteroffer woman! xD
Denzar
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:48 PM)
Denzar's Avatar
My roommate and one of my best friends has a date with a cunt of a girl tonight. They banged once, and he fell madly in love with her. She had a BF at the time, so she cheated on him with my roommate. She strung my friend along for quite a while because her BF was studying abroad. Now, tonight, she's coming over to our place. She recently broke up with her BF. I warned my friend that she's bad news and that he's making a mistake. He responds by saying "I know I'm an idiot but I just want to bang".

Thing is, my roommate would fall in love with a rock if it touched his hand and smiled at him. He doesn't admit it, but I can tell he's very desperate. He's had plenty of dates and opportunities before, but he comes across as desperate there too and gets overinvested and way too clingy, thus scaring the girls away.

Anything more I can do to convince him? It's a downward spiral, and he's been going at it for quite a while now. I just don't want to see him get crushed by disappointement once again.
gaiages
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:59 PM)
gaiages's Avatar

Originally Posted by Denzar

My roommate and one of my best friends has a date with a cunt of a girl tonight. They banged once, and he fell madly in love with her. She had a BF at the time, so she cheated on him with my roommate. She strung my friend along for quite a while because her BF was studying abroad. Now, tonight, she's coming over to our place. She recently broke up with her BF. I warned my friend that she's bad news and that he's making a mistake. He responds by saying "I know I'm an idiot but I just want to bang".

Thing is, my roommate would fall in love with a rock if it touched his hand and smiled at him. He doesn't admit it, but I can tell he's very desperate. He's had plenty of dates and opportunities before, but he comes across as desperate there too and gets overinvested and way too clingy, thus scaring the girls away.

Anything more I can do to convince him? It's a downward spiral, and he's been going at it for quite a while now. I just don't want to see him get crushed by disappointement once again.

At this point, he probably just needs to be disappointed again, though it is a little worrying that he doesn't seem to learn from his lessons... but despite all advice and anything you can say, someone won't change unless they actually want to change. You've done what you can at this point.
Gotdatmoney
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Denzar

My roommate and one of my best friends has a date with a cunt of a girl tonight. They banged once, and he fell madly in love with her. She had a BF at the time, so she cheated on him with my roommate. She strung my friend along for quite a while because her BF was studying abroad. Now, tonight, she's coming over to our place. She recently broke up with her BF. I warned my friend that she's bad news and that he's making a mistake. He responds by saying "I know I'm an idiot but I just want to bang".

Thing is, my roommate would fall in love with a rock if it touched his hand and smiled at him. He doesn't admit it, but I can tell he's very desperate. He's had plenty of dates and opportunities before, but he comes across as desperate there too and gets overinvested and way too clingy, thus scaring the girls away.

Anything more I can do to convince him? It's a downward spiral, and he's been going at it for quite a while now. I just don't want to see him get crushed by disappointement once again.

He needs to go in and fail. Something you gotta realize is if your friend doesn't take your advice from the jump they never are. Just let him get hurt. I know I sound like a dick but you'll just tire yourself out investing in the well being of someone who is chasing stupid.

Just let him experience failure. And then tell him point blank he is being dumb and he is going to continue down this path if he doesn't reevaluate his approach. Apart from that shrug. You can't save someone who doesnt wanna be saved.
Miles Quaritch
lemme stick dat Red Ring
(04-21-2017, 04:14 PM)
Miles Quaritch's Avatar
Yeah, just be there for him for when he's inevitably disappointed. Give it some time after that happens, sit down and have an honest conversation about what you're seeing and hopefully that will encourage him to change his behaviour.

What you can't do is force someone to change, if he's not willing to change, he'll just have to keep being disappointed and keep going from one unsatisfying relationship to another.
always crazy bacon
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:34 PM)
always crazy bacon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Denzar

My roommate and one of my best friends

He responds by saying "I know I'm an idiot but I just want to bang".

Anything more I can do to convince him?

I've never had the question posed from a male perspective before, so I'll give you the advice I give to friends of women that are in relationships with wankers.

He knows what he's doing, you've advised him and now your job is done until the inevitable car crash. If he's really a good friend be there for the fallout and don't be a " I told you so" person. Let him learn the hard way and support him afterwards.
always crazy bacon
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:46 PM)
always crazy bacon's Avatar
4x combo!
ZackieChan
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:47 PM)
ZackieChan's Avatar

Originally Posted by always crazy bacon

You shouldn't have over invested so much.

Originally Posted by Miles Quaritch

She got too used to seeing her reflection in your head when you'd have sex I imagine...she couldn't give that up...

😫😫😫😫
Elginer
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:50 PM)
Elginer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyne

one of my favorite dates was walking into a Barnes & Noble and just just strolling around with the girl commenting on the different books/movies. We basically discovered tons we did/didn't have in common in less than an hour.

No bullshit, this was my first date with a long time relationship I had. It was pretty damn genius.
Denzar
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:51 PM)
Denzar's Avatar

Originally Posted by gaiages

At this point, he probably just needs to be disappointed again, though it is a little worrying that he doesn't seem to learn from his lessons... but despite all advice and anything you can say, someone won't change unless they actually want to change. You've done what you can at this point.

Originally Posted by Gotdatmoney

He needs to go in and fail. Something you gotta realize is if your friend doesn't take your advice from the jump they never are. Just let him get hurt. I know I sound like a dick but you'll just tire yourself out investing in the well being of someone who is chasing stupid.

Just let him experience failure. And then tell him point blank he is being dumb and he is going to continue down this path if he doesn't reevaluate his approach. Apart from that shrug. You can't save someone who doesnt wanna be saved.

Originally Posted by Miles Quaritch

Yeah, just be there for him for when he's inevitably disappointed. Give it some time after that happens, sit down and have an honest conversation about what you're seeing and hopefully that will encourage him to change his behaviour.

What you can't do is force someone to change, if he's not willing to change, he'll just have to keep being disappointed and keep going from one unsatisfying relationship to another.

Originally Posted by always crazy bacon

I've never had the question posed from a male perspective before, so I'll give you the advice I give to friends of women that are in relationships with wankers.

He knows what he's doing, you've advised him and now your job is done until the inevitable car crash. If he's really a good friend be there for the fallout and don't be a " I told you so" person. Let him learn the hard way and support him afterwards.

I've always been there and I probably always be there. I know there's not much I could do, I just didn't want to see him go through that shit yet again. But hey...

He just whatsapped me, telling me that I'll be a happy camper 'cause she cancelled the date. He also told me he scored a new date with a way cooler chick tomorrow. Crisis averted and improved. Motherfucker is learning!
animax
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:58 PM)
animax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xun

She was "online" and the ticks went immediately blue the moment they were sent.

That to me implies she saw I was typing.

I wouldn't hold that against someone, might have been pure coincidence (she happened to open the app at the time, the app opened on your conversation, just then you sent).

In general, I think you shouldn't use apps with read notifications when it comes to dating. I always use SMS - no read notifications, no "last online" info, no overthinking and paranoia

Originally Posted by chicko1983

But is there a good timeframe that I should set a date for? I mean we want to drink cocktails so Friday is satdy is preferred.

Barring legitimate reasons, you don't want to leave it more than a few days to a week after she agrees to date you. That's indecisive. Why not do a weeknight? You don't have to get really drunk

Originally Posted by Kyne

one of my favorite dates was walking into a Barnes & Noble and just just strolling around with the girl commenting on the different books/movies. We basically discovered tons we did/didn't have in common in less than an hour.

Yes, this a good idea and have done it myself (but for a record store)
hydrophilic attack
(04-21-2017, 06:02 PM)
hydrophilic attack's Avatar

Originally Posted by artsi

I did ask and she responded "it doesn't need to be anything special but coffee dates are awkward" so ball was in my court again.

Yeah I get it but if my suggestion is not good then please be active and try to suggest something yourself lol.

Anyway then I asked if she wants to go bowling then and that was cool.

just do bowling and if it goes well, continue to bar/pub or arcade if she's a geek

or if the weather is going to be good, make a quick salad and go an a picnic

coffee dates ARE the worst, be happy she doesn't want that
Last edited by hydrophilic attack; 04-21-2017 at 06:04 PM.
timetokill
I call 'em "death hugs"
(04-21-2017, 06:30 PM)
timetokill's Avatar
She said yes. Boom! :D

Originally Posted by always crazy bacon

If you'd have spoken to her you'd have got an instant answer. Was it really better to text now?

Exactly! The waiiiiting is the hardest part
names2hard4you
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:12 PM)
names2hard4you's Avatar

Originally Posted by timetokill

She said yes. Boom! :D

Nice! You have infiltrated the dealer, now you need to find the supplier.
timetokill
I call 'em "death hugs"
(04-21-2017, 07:46 PM)
timetokill's Avatar

Originally Posted by names2hard4you

Nice! You have infiltrated the dealer, now you need to find the supplier.

Simple!
chicko1983
Member
(04-22-2017, 12:30 AM)
chicko1983's Avatar

Originally Posted by animax

Barring legitimate reasons, you don't want to leave it more than a few days to a week after she agrees to date you. That's indecisive. Why not do a weeknight? You don't have to get really drunk
)

Well, as I mentioned on the previous page, we are currently working on a project which is due in a couple of weeks. I will be spending 60+Hrs each week working with her in that time.

So it's good In the way I'll see her tomorrow even, but bad in the way that we will both be stressed for the next couple of weeks.

The project submission is a day before her birthday, I already said we will go out for submission and birthday celebration on that day. Then yesterday I asked her about the bar and she said yes. So I am thinking I will ask her to the bar on that night.

Originally Posted by timetokill

She said yes. Boom! :D

Exactly! The waiiiiting is the hardest part

Awesome ttk. Good luck!

This thread has a love/hate relationship with me. I hate hearing the advice, mainly because the advice is directed personally, but 90% of the time it is the right advice.
timetokill
I call 'em "death hugs"
(04-22-2017, 12:38 AM)
timetokill's Avatar

Originally Posted by chicko1983

Awesome ttk. Good luck!

This thread has a love/hate relationship with me. I hate hearing the advice, mainly because the advice is directed personally, but 90% of the time it is the right advice.

Thanks chicko! you too bud :)
A thread like this is good because it can be hard to think clearly when your emotions and stuff come into play. Also I usually find that just writing things out helps me think about things more logically.
Solideliquid
Member
(04-22-2017, 02:49 AM)
Solideliquid's Avatar
Question for the tinder kids out here. When you get to the point that you want to bounce out of tinder and text with him/her, do you give your number?

Or is there another popular option that you guys are using if you don't want to give out the number? Like say FB messenger? But is that too revealing?

Asking for my friend, "Down-Low" (he's Chinese).
Advocatus Diaboli
Member
(04-22-2017, 03:42 AM)
Advocatus Diaboli's Avatar

Originally Posted by Solideliquid

Question for the tinder kids out here. When you get to the point that you want to bounce out of tinder and text with him/her, do you give your number?

Or is there another popular option that you guys are using if you don't want to give out the number? Like say FB messenger? But is that too revealing?

Asking for my friend, "Down-Low" (he's Chinese).

Yes. Just give them your number.

Now, the only interesting question is what to save their contact info as. On my end, I go with firstname and "C" to signify that we met on OKCupid. Can't tell you how many times I've talked to "Katie C."
Lucian Cat
Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
(04-22-2017, 02:51 PM)
Lucian Cat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli

Yes. Just give them your number.

Now, the only interesting question is what to save their contact info as. On my end, I go with firstname and "C" to signify that we met on OKCupid. Can't tell you how many times I've talked to "Katie C."

I name them something that describes them. For example i had "mike the bumble guy covered in piercings" and "Cody the bumble guy who may or may not be a time traveller" It helps them stand out.
Advocatus Diaboli
Member
(04-22-2017, 03:01 PM)
Advocatus Diaboli's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lucian Cat

I name them something that describes them. For example i had "mike the bumble guy covered in piercings" and "Cody the bumble guy who may or may not be a time traveller" It helps them stand out.

I want to buy Cody a beer.
Lucian Cat
Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
(04-22-2017, 03:39 PM)
Lucian Cat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli

I want to buy Cody a beer.

He has a delorean. How could you not want to.
artsi
Member
(04-22-2017, 08:45 PM)
artsi's Avatar

Originally Posted by hydrophilic attack

just do bowling and if it goes well, continue to bar/pub or arcade if she's a geek

or if the weather is going to be good, make a quick salad and go an a picnic

coffee dates ARE the worst, be happy she doesn't want that

She had a bad day today and said that she could come to my place tomorrow for uh.. netflix and hugs.

I'm okay with this turn of events.

Gotta check out that fitness booty ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
always crazy bacon
Member
(04-22-2017, 11:57 PM)
always crazy bacon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lucian Cat

I name them something that describes them. For example i had "mike the bumble guy covered in piercings" and "Cody the bumble guy who may or may not be a time traveller" It helps them stand out.

I made up names for the women I was seeing so my flatemate could follow which woman I was talking about because Jane/Mary/Sue or whatever would have been hard to follow over the weeks.

Little Leaf
Dirty Wife
Crazy Walmart
Frog Eyes
The Milf
Dirty Wife II
Advocatus Diaboli
Member
(04-23-2017, 05:00 AM)
Advocatus Diaboli's Avatar

Originally Posted by always crazy bacon

I made up names for the women I was seeing so my flatemate could follow which woman I was talking about because Jane/Mary/Sue or whatever would have been hard to follow over the weeks.

Little Leaf
Dirty Wife
Crazy Walmart
Frog Eyes
The Milf
Dirty Wife II

I'm sensing a theme here. Did you basically just chat up housewives in Walmart parking lots?
Messofanego
Member
(04-23-2017, 05:09 AM)
Messofanego's Avatar

Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli

Yes. Just give them your number.

Now, the only interesting question is what to save their contact info as. On my end, I go with firstname and "C" to signify that we met on OKCupid. Can't tell you how many times I've talked to "Katie C."

I put brackets around it.
always crazy bacon
Member
(04-23-2017, 07:01 AM)
always crazy bacon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli

I'm sensing a theme here. Did you basically just chat up housewives in Walmart parking lots?

No, online fishing.Who knew the "bored housewife" trope was based on fact?
Starlightmuse
Member
(04-23-2017, 07:06 AM)
Starlightmuse's Avatar
So, I need opinions as If I'm a dick or not.

Six months ago I broke with my ex-gf who I'd been dating for more than two years, it was a rather pacific split up. Then two months after that I began dating a college partner who is my actual gf (and I said I didn't want to be with another girl for a long long time, hah!). She's lovely and, for know, everything has been great with her.

Anyway, after my ex saw that I was dating another girl she basicaly went telling everybody that I'm an ass and that we splitted up because I wanted to date this girl (which isn't true at all, since I almost didn't even knew her at that time) and since we shared a lot of friends it seems that they have "allied" with her, resulting in me not having seen for months who I thought were some of my best friends.

I don't think I've done anything wrong tbh, I was single and yes, even I am impressed at how quickly I moved on after such a long relationship (which I think has something to do with how attracted I am to this girl, we get each other perfectly since we began to know each other), however, sometimes I can't but feel like maybe they have a bit of a point in that, after all that time, one does not go dating another girl that fast if you were really in love.

I don't know, any thoughts?
Last edited by Starlightmuse; 04-23-2017 at 07:09 AM.
Jokab
Member
(04-23-2017, 07:30 AM)
Jokab's Avatar

Originally Posted by Starlightmuse

So, I need opinions as If I'm a dick or not.

Six months ago I broke with my ex-gf who I'd been dating for more than two years, it was a rather pacific split up. Then two months after that I began dating a college partner who is my actual gf (and I said I didn't want to be with another girl for a long long time, hah!). She's lovely and, for know, everything has been great with her.

Anyway, after my ex saw that I was dating another girl she basicaly went telling everybody that I'm an ass and that we splitted up because I wanted to date this girl (which isn't true at all, since I almost didn't even knew her at that time) and since we shared a lot of friends it seems that they have "allied" with her, resulting in me not having seen for months who I thought were some of my best friends.

I don't think I've done anything wrong tbh, I was single and yes, even I am impressed at how quickly I moved on after such a long relationship (which I think has something to do with how attracted I am to this girl, we get each other perfectly since we began to know each other), however, sometimes I can't but feel like maybe they have a bit of a point in that, after all that time, one does not go dating another girl that fast if you were really in love.

I don't know, any thoughts?

She's the ass, not you. I mean okay if it was one week after, but this is two months. That's plenty of time to move on and not wallow in your own misery like she is.
Messofanego
Member
(04-23-2017, 09:09 AM)
Messofanego's Avatar

Originally Posted by Starlightmuse

So, I need opinions as If I'm a dick or not.

Six months ago I broke with my ex-gf who I'd been dating for more than two years, it was a rather pacific split up. Then two months after that I began dating a college partner who is my actual gf (and I said I didn't want to be with another girl for a long long time, hah!). She's lovely and, for know, everything has been great with her.

Anyway, after my ex saw that I was dating another girl she basicaly went telling everybody that I'm an ass and that we splitted up because I wanted to date this girl (which isn't true at all, since I almost didn't even knew her at that time) and since we shared a lot of friends it seems that they have "allied" with her, resulting in me not having seen for months who I thought were some of my best friends.

I don't think I've done anything wrong tbh, I was single and yes, even I am impressed at how quickly I moved on after such a long relationship (which I think has something to do with how attracted I am to this girl, we get each other perfectly since we began to know each other), however, sometimes I can't but feel like maybe they have a bit of a point in that, after all that time, one does not go dating another girl that fast if you were really in love.

I don't know, any thoughts?

She's a dick, and those weren't really your best friends. You did nothing wrong. Leave them to their hateful lives, while you enjoy yours.
ZackieChan
Member
(04-23-2017, 09:29 AM)
ZackieChan's Avatar
Who cares what your ex thinks, does or says? Move on, playa
Count Dookkake
Member
(04-23-2017, 12:01 PM)
Count Dookkake's Avatar
Your old friends are trying to agree their way into her pants.
True Savior
Member
(04-23-2017, 12:05 PM)
True Savior's Avatar

Originally Posted by Starlightmuse

I don't know, any thoughts?

Keep doing what you are doing.
Gotdatmoney
Member
(04-23-2017, 01:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Starlightmuse

So, I need opinions as If I'm a dick or not.

Six months ago I broke with my ex-gf who I'd been dating for more than two years, it was a rather pacific split up. Then two months after that I began dating a college partner who is my actual gf (and I said I didn't want to be with another girl for a long long time, hah!). She's lovely and, for know, everything has been great with her.

Anyway, after my ex saw that I was dating another girl she basicaly went telling everybody that I'm an ass and that we splitted up because I wanted to date this girl (which isn't true at all, since I almost didn't even knew her at that time) and since we shared a lot of friends it seems that they have "allied" with her, resulting in me not having seen for months who I thought were some of my best friends.

I don't think I've done anything wrong tbh, I was single and yes, even I am impressed at how quickly I moved on after such a long relationship (which I think has something to do with how attracted I am to this girl, we get each other perfectly since we began to know each other), however, sometimes I can't but feel like maybe they have a bit of a point in that, after all that time, one does not go dating another girl that fast if you were really in love.

I don't know, any thoughts?

Lol who gives a fuck what she thinks, says or does? Your friends aint really your friends either. Keep doing your thing brotha. Fuck the haters.
Starlightmuse
Member
(04-23-2017, 03:26 PM)
Starlightmuse's Avatar
Yeah, that's what I thought. The good thing is that now I know who is really worth of being called friend. Fuck all of them, they can rot for all I care.

Thanks to you all for all your responses.
always crazy bacon
Member
(04-23-2017, 03:48 PM)
always crazy bacon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Starlightmuse

So, I need opinions as If I'm a dick or not.

Anyway, after my ex saw that I was dating another girl she basically went telling everybody that I'm an ass and that we split up because I wanted to date this girl (which isn't true at all, since I almost didn't even knew her at that time) and since we shared a lot of friends it seems that they have "allied" with her, resulting in me not having seen for months who I thought were some of my best friends.

however, sometimes I can't but feel like maybe they have a bit of a point in that, after all that time, one does not go dating another girl that fast if you were really in love.

I don't know, any thoughts?

I've been there and I know this. Usually 99% of the time it's the woman who dates quicker and for some women in a breakup it means they "win".
In your situation and purely based on gender discrimination your friends have been taken in by the whole wronged women "aren't men pieces of shit" story ONLY and only because you found someone before her and quickly. Don't hate on your friends because of it, just understand that emotionally manipulative narrative they have been deceived by. In any case in any breakup you'll lose some friends when they pick sides, don't worry about it. Just focus on you.

I met my current wife just 4 months after my divorce and she was in a similar time scale from her divorce. We just kept it discrete from our ex spouses to avoid this type of drama. Our real friends knew the situation. After a year I no longer hid that relationship and my Ex Wife who still has not found a new partner is just so deliciously salty even though I did not say anything to her (She follows my social media). So predictable.

You did nothing wrong other than lack foresight of how she might have reacted and preempted it.
Miles Quaritch
lemme stick dat Red Ring
(04-23-2017, 03:57 PM)
Miles Quaritch's Avatar
A sad state of affairs. Just ignore it my dude.

The issue is her, she couldn't move on and now that you've pretty much shut the door to ever getting back with her, she's decided to be a petty little shit and trash you because then she'll get lots of sympathy and probably hopes she'll isolate you from the social circles you share.
Miles Quaritch
lemme stick dat Red Ring
(04-23-2017, 04:17 PM)
Miles Quaritch's Avatar

Originally Posted by always crazy bacon

I've been there and I know this. Usually 99% of the time it's the woman who dates quicker and for some women in a breakup it means they "win".
In your situation and purely based on gender discrimination your friends have been taken in by the whole wronged women "aren't men pieces of shit" story ONLY and only because you found someone before her and quickly. Don't hate on your friends because of it, just understand that emotionally manipulative narrative they have been deceived by. In any case in any breakup you'll lose some friends when they pick sides, don't worry about it. Just focus on you.

I met my current wife just 4 months after my divorce and she was in a similar time scale from her divorce. We just kept it discrete from our ex spouses to avoid this type of drama. Our real friends knew the situation. After a year I no longer hid that relationship and my Ex Wife who still has not found a new partner is just so deliciously salty even though I did not say anything to her (She follows my social media). So predictable.

You did nothing wrong other than lack foresight of how she might have reacted and preempted it.

Are you following her back?

Seems awfully depressing, desperately holding onto any shred of what was rather than severing those ties and moving forward.
always crazy bacon
Member
(04-23-2017, 04:36 PM)
always crazy bacon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Miles Quaritch

Are you following her back?

Seems awfully depressing, desperately holding onto any shred of what was rather than severing those ties and moving forward.

I don't follow her at all or even care what her relationship status is. However we have a son so I cant sever ties.
ZackieChan
Member
(04-24-2017, 12:36 AM)
ZackieChan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Miles Quaritch

Are you following her back?

Seems awfully depressing, desperately holding onto any shred of what was rather than severing those ties and moving forward.

That would be some infinity Patriot-level nonsense. Bacon is better than that
thesoapster
Member
(04-24-2017, 02:03 AM)
thesoapster's Avatar
Is the clean look mostly dead where any of you live? I don't like the look of myself with facial hair, and there is one thumbprint-size area under my chin where I get zero hair growth. Ultimately it would take a while for stuff to fill in.

But that doesn't seem to stop a lot of guys from growing shitty piece of shit patchy beards, and they seem to be doing just fine in the dating world.
neurosisxeno
Member
(04-24-2017, 02:07 AM)
neurosisxeno's Avatar

Originally Posted by artsi

She had a bad day today and said that she could come to my place tomorrow for uh.. netflix and hugs.

I think she only wants to hug a specific part of you, with a specific part of herself. Or maybe 2 specific parts. 3 if she's cool.

Originally Posted by thesoapster

But that doesn't seem to stop a lot of guys from growing shitty piece of shit patchy beards, and they seem to be doing just fine in the dating world.

That's why I stay clean shaven. I would rather look young than like someone trying to hard to grow a beard or suffering through having a really shitty one for a few weeks before it filled out.
Last edited by neurosisxeno; 04-24-2017 at 02:10 AM.
timetokill
I call 'em "death hugs"
(04-24-2017, 02:09 AM)
timetokill's Avatar
I'm glad beards are in because mine grows in full in about 20 minutes. :\
ZackieChan
Member
(04-24-2017, 02:34 AM)
ZackieChan's Avatar
I was goatee shamed in another thread, so I'm rocking full face stubble now with trimmed neck. I prefer it. But goatee area grows in darker
Advocatus Diaboli
Member
(04-24-2017, 02:35 AM)
Advocatus Diaboli's Avatar
I tried growing a beard last fall, and it came in well enough, but I just didn't like it. Then I was back on military orders and had to shave it; I just kept it off afterwards. I kinda like looking 5-8 years younger than I actually am.

All that time staying sheltered as a kid and avoiding the sun really helped me out.

Thread Tools