• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Swimmer9800
(04-02-2017, 11:13 PM)
I'm maybe the world's biggest breaking bad fan and I find this show to be incredibly underwhelming. I'm still VERY optimistic though.
Robdraggoo
(04-02-2017, 11:17 PM)
I kinda like Saul more than bb.

We're I felt that bb was a show of a decent man gone bad. But you ultimately find out he was an asshole all along. Saul is a guy who is struggling to do good but his nature won't let him. He's constantly at war with himself. Which is why I find him a more interesting.
Niraj
I shot people I like more for less.
(04-02-2017, 11:20 PM)
Hell yeah. Can't wait.
TatorTots
(04-02-2017, 11:24 PM)
I remember laughing when I heard Saul was gonna be a show. Boy, am I eating those laughs now.
Spikematic
(04-02-2017, 11:37 PM)
Best show on TV currently returns! So fucking hyped! Woohoo!!!!
Lothar
(04-02-2017, 11:56 PM)
I only really liked the Mike parts last year. Everything else bored me for the most part. I have to watch nonetheless since Breaking Bad is my favorite show. I hope I'll like this season more since we'll have Gus and Jimmy will be more turning into Saul, and hopefully Jimmy and Mike's story will be more tied together instead of feeling so separate.
Last edited by Lothar; 04-03-2017 at 12:58 AM.
HardRojo
(04-03-2017, 12:50 AM)
So I guess it's pretty much confirmed that the "Don't" message came from Gus himself, right?
Deku Tree
(04-03-2017, 01:59 AM)
what is this episode 0 tomorrow?
ZeroX03
(04-03-2017, 02:01 AM)

Originally Posted by HardRojo

So I guess it's pretty much confirmed that the "Don't" message came from Gus himself, right?

Yes, although probably not physically delivered by him.

Originally Posted by Deku Tree

what is this episode 0 tomorrow?

TV OTs go up a week early.
HotHamBoy
(04-03-2017, 02:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Swimmer9800

I'm maybe the world's biggest breaking bad fan and I find this show to be incredibly underwhelming. I'm still VERY optimistic though.

Originally Posted by Lothar

I only really liked the Mike parts last year. Everything else bored me for the most part. I have to watch nonetheless since Breaking Bad is my favorite show. I hope I'll like this season more since we'll have Gus and Jimmy will be more turning into Saul, and hopefully Jimmy and Mike's story will be more tied together instead of feeling so separate.

That's because you want this show to be Breaking Bad and isn't trying to be.
Deku Tree
(04-03-2017, 02:02 AM)
There is an episode zero that my DVR is set to record tomorrow. What is that?
Sectorseven
(04-03-2017, 02:04 AM)

Probably some type of promo reel or clip show.
Hypnopompy
(04-03-2017, 02:08 AM)
Will this season still be going up weekly on UK Netflix?
Jay Shadow
(04-03-2017, 02:24 AM)

Judging from the length of it, probably this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA6t4Dk5wwk
Robot Pants
(04-03-2017, 02:29 AM)

Originally Posted by cw_sasuke

Loved BB, never watched a single Better Call Saul season/episode....worth it ?

Wow. Yes. It's better than Breaking Bad
HardRojo
(04-03-2017, 02:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Jay Shadow

Judging from the length of it, probably this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA6t4Dk5wwk

Can't watch it. Fucking country restrictions :(
minor effort
(04-03-2017, 02:33 AM)

Originally Posted by cw_sasuke

Loved BB, never watched a single Better Call Saul season/episode....worth it ?

Absolutely worth it.

I think the only Breaking Bad fans who are put off by Better Call Saul are the ones who only watched BB for the "HOLY SHIT" moments. I think some are coming into this show straight off of Breaking Bad Season 5 expecting explosive events and people getting shot after every commercial break, and that expectation not being met dismays them.

It's only two seasons in but I'm nearly ready to call BCS the equal of BB.
AlimNassor
(04-03-2017, 02:39 AM)
I was a skeptic. I decided to watch it and goddamn did it deliver. Man that fucking S2 ending blew my fucking mind.
Fuu
Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
(04-03-2017, 02:49 AM)
I'm ready.
Mac the KNife
(04-03-2017, 02:51 AM)
Fuck...yes...
Bandit1
(04-03-2017, 04:12 AM)
So ready for this to be back. Bring it on!
Strike
(04-03-2017, 04:54 AM)
Checking in.
BeforeU
Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
(04-03-2017, 05:04 AM)
wait I am lost. Did this started? was there an episode today?
Morrigan Stark
Banned
(04-03-2017, 06:25 AM)

Originally Posted by BeforeU

wait I am lost. Did this started? was there an episode today?

....No? Read the OP
oatmeal
(04-03-2017, 06:56 AM)
Oh man - So stoked.

April is RIDICULOUS for TV this year.
____
(04-03-2017, 07:05 AM)

Originally Posted by PantherLotus

Thank you ____ ! Great thread title.

!!!!!

Had no idea my title was chosen, that's pretty damn cool! I saw the title and did a double-take.

Thanks to TheOddOne for using it!
Surfinn
(04-03-2017, 07:05 AM)
So hyped. The only show I care about anymore.
TheOddOne
(04-03-2017, 07:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Ledbetter

TheOddOne, you always seem to make the OTs for my favorite shows (or shows that I end up loving, like Legion or Atlanta). You make of GAF a better place, man.

I feel the same way about Cornballer, Ratsky, Anaron and GK86. The best people <3

Originally Posted by ____

!!!!!

Had no idea my title was chosen, that's pretty damn cool! I saw the title and did a double-take.

Thanks to TheOddOne for using it!

It's great one.
Kaizer
(04-03-2017, 07:36 AM)
Does anyone have a link to a decent recap video for the first two seasons? I feel like it's been SO LONG since I last the show that I have very brief memories of moments that happened & that's it.
Lé Blade Runner
(04-03-2017, 07:38 AM)
This is my favorite show now, along with Fargo. Just so dark, funny and good. Only a week to go!
TheOddOne
(04-03-2017, 07:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Kaizer

Does anyone have a link to a decent recap video for the first two seasons? I feel like it's been SO LONG since I last the show that I have very brief memories of moments that happened & that's it.

AMC usually releases some kind of recap video when we get closer to the new season, I'll keep you updated if it releases. As alternative, Vulture and A|V Club have some recent written recaps.
Christhor
(04-03-2017, 08:13 AM)
That title... smh.
ValfarHL
(04-03-2017, 08:15 AM)

Originally Posted by oatmeal

Oh man - So stoked.

April is RIDICULOUS for TV this year.

Forgive my ignorance, but what else do you there?
RatskyWatsky
Hunky Nostradamus
(04-03-2017, 08:21 AM)

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

I feel the same way about Cornballer, Ratsky, Anaron and GK86. The best people <3

It's great one.

<3 you da best Oddy

Originally Posted by ValfarHL

Forgive my ignorance, but what else do you there?

http://neogaf.site/forum/showthread.php?t=1329485
Tigress
(04-03-2017, 03:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Robdraggoo

I kinda like Saul more than bb.

We're I felt that bb was a show of a decent man gone bad. But you ultimately find out he was an asshole all along. Saul is a guy who is struggling to do good but his nature won't let him. He's constantly at war with himself. Which is why I find him a more interesting.

I think BB did a good job of if you noticed things letting you realize he never was a good guy (I hated him from the start honestly and it was a bunch of small things that kinda gave you a glimpse of who he really was. BB to me was a guy who was able to look honest and what happens when he is allowed to truly be himself).

I honestly like BCS better for a shallow reason, I like Saul where as I never liked Walter. BB was weird for me that I liked it despite hating the protagonist (I usually can't stand watching something if the main character is some one I hate. I think it helps though that BB never tries to pretend you should like him... that really sets me off when they try to set the guy off as good or even good but flawed and I just outright hate him and think he's awful). Shit, I was cheering on Gus even though Gus was evil as well, I found him more likable (and I'm excited he's going to be in this season).
Cornballer
foul temptress
(04-03-2017, 03:58 PM)
Great OT! Looking forward to this starting up next week.

BlueTsunami
there is joy in sucking dick
(04-03-2017, 04:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Christhor

That title... smh.

Make sure to tune in, today, at 10pm to catch an all new rerun of Breaking Bad
Blader
(04-03-2017, 04:06 PM)
Surprisingly one of the best things on TV. I get that it's a slow burn show, but it never really feels slow to me; the character writing is too good and too easy to get engrossed in for me to ever wonder if things are moving along quickly enough or not. It's one of those shows, like Mad Men or Boardwalk Empire, where it could just be people talking for an hour with zero plot, and I'd have no problem with that.
Ignatz Mouse
Vote with your $$$
(04-03-2017, 04:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Creamium

I love BCS so much, glad it's finally back. The return of Gus is awesome, but Kim Wexler is the real star of the show

Truth is overflowing from this post.

And hell yes, watch this if you liked Breaking Bad. It's different, but has the same black comedy sense of humor and great writing and great acting. I actually like it more than BB.
rekameohs
(04-03-2017, 04:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Creamium

I love BCS so much, glad it's finally back. The return of Gus is awesome, but Kim Wexler is the real star of the show

Yuuup. Kim is already in the conversation for favorite Breaking Bad-verse characters.
ColdPizza
(04-03-2017, 04:22 PM)
hyped

great show
minor effort
(04-03-2017, 04:29 PM)
After they introduced Hector Salamanca with a door's bell ringing, I can't wait to see what sort of silly foreshadowing device they'll use to introduce Gus.
Robdraggoo
(04-03-2017, 04:30 PM)

Originally Posted by minor effort

After they introduced Hector Salamanca with a door's bell ringing, I can't wait to see what sort of silly foreshadowing device they'll use to introduce Gus.

A chicken being decapitated
triplestation
Banned
(04-03-2017, 04:37 PM)
You think Gus will be in the first episode?

I think the cold open will show Victor attaching the note to Mike's car.
Bluenoser
(04-03-2017, 04:42 PM)
When I started watching this, I never expected it to be this good. I'm more excited for this than I was for TWD to start. If only AMC could fix their grainy ass picture. 4k is available, and they seem to be stuck in 480p.
Dusktildawn48
(04-03-2017, 04:43 PM)

Originally Posted by triplestation

Vince likes to get things going fast so I think he will be (tuco being in 1st episode, Hank confronting Walt 1st episode of last season)
triplestation
Banned
(04-03-2017, 04:43 PM)
I prefer the grain actually

Loved the feel of breaking bad earlier seasons
minor effort
(04-03-2017, 04:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Dusktildawn48

Vince likes to get things going fast so I think he will be (tuco being in 1st episode, Hank confronting Walt 1st episode of last season)

Although S2 started off with a pretty mellow (and great) character-focused episode.

Originally Posted by triplestation

The cold open will likely be another Omaha segment because it's a season premier.
triplestation
Banned
(04-03-2017, 04:50 PM)

Originally Posted by minor effort

Although S2 started off with a pretty mellow (and great) character-focused episode.

The cold open will likely be another Omaha segment because it's a season premier.

Oh true..
RangerX
(04-03-2017, 05:08 PM)

Originally Posted by rekameohs

Yuuup. Kim is already in the conversation for favorite Breaking Bad-verse characters.

She's in top three for me already along with Jimmy. She's just so decent and likeable,someone you'd want to hang around with.