• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Billy_Pilgrim
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:45 PM)
Billy_Pilgrim's Avatar
I'm seriously starting to consider getting involved in all of this, in a 'I know a car crash is forthcoming so I'm not really going to get upset' kind of way.

I can't realistically support Corbyn on the doorstep but we've got a new candidate in the offing and could probably lose our safe as fuck seat.
Burai
shitonmychest57
(04-21-2017, 04:45 PM)
Burai's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jackpot

It's impossible to avoid bad photos. High-speed cameras capture so many pics. If someone filmed you the whole day imagine how many frames would show awkward poses and expressions. Just filming one meal will capture lots of bulging faces.

Yup. The reason Ed looked bad eating that sandwich is because the rightwing rags chose the pictures that made him look bad eating that sandwich.

See also: Nonchalant Muslim girl walks past dying policeman whilst texting vs. Distressed Muslim girl desperately tries to call for help for dying policemen. Two dramatically different narratives captured in a fraction of a second.
Moze
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:48 PM)
Moze's Avatar

Originally Posted by jimbobsmells

You have no idea what you're talking about.

What exactly is £70k then? We are talking about single people earning 70k, correct?
mclem
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Ghost

"Women... doing engineering?"
PJV3
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:51 PM)
PJV3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Billy_Pilgrim

I'm seriously starting to consider getting involved in all of this, in a 'I know a car crash is forthcoming so I'm not really going to get upset' kind of way.

I can't realistically support Corbyn on the doorstep but we've got a new candidate in the offing and could probably lose our safe as fuck seat.


You can be honest and say Corbyn has no chance so it doesn't matter what he thinks, you don't really need to attack him as such.
sionyboy
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:58 PM)
sionyboy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jazzy Geoff



This forum needs smileys but LOL anyway

No wonder he lost the mayoral election, and then his seat. One can only hope his family have disowned him for this dishonour.

The man never drank a duff in his life.....
Agent Gibbs
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:20 PM)
Agent Gibbs's Avatar
The only time you ever should need two hands to hold a pint, is when you are so blind drunk the weight of the glass and your arm needs the second hand to help with the weight/steadying

and if he's that smashed for a press photo, i'd not vote for him either

It really shouldn't bother me but somehow it does
jem0208
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:23 PM)
jem0208's Avatar
I literally could not give a shit about how someone drinks a pint/eats a bacon sandwich.

That said, Michael Gove clapping is still hilarious:

Mr. Sam
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:26 PM)
Mr. Sam's Avatar
Labour going hard on the Tories "abandoning" the triple lock on pensions this afternoon. But if this thread is anything to go by, they really need to hammer the two-handed pint thing again.
PJV3
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:32 PM)
PJV3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. Sam

Labour going hard on the Tories "abandoning" the triple lock on pensions this afternoon. But if this thread is anything to go by, they really need to hammer the two-handed pint thing again.

They should get Theresa to eat a cheesy or spicy pot noodle in some place like Stockport, and photograph the filth dribble down her chin.
Lagamorph
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:08 PM)
Lagamorph's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. Sam

Labour going hard on the Tories "abandoning" the triple lock on pensions this afternoon. But if this thread is anything to go by, they really need to hammer the two-handed pint thing again.

Abandoning the triple lock on pensions should be in the manifesto of every single party. It's purely there as a bribe to the grey vote.
mr-paul
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:20 PM)
mr-paul's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ghost

If your argument is 'I make £70k but I'm not rich because I spend every penny of it and I've got nothing to show for it' then I don't know what to tell you except that you're bad with money.

Kind of agreeing with this, but maybe not so harsh on the "bad with money" bit.

I live in London, Islington, in a flat share, paying £600 a month rent, plus bills. I earn £21k a year.
I feel I am living comfortably. Yes, my savings aren't going up very quickly, yes, I can't afford property on this wage in this area, but you can't go telling me that people are scraping by on £70k and can't afford to be paying a little bit more tax and make some sacrifices.

Listing things like private education, cars, etc. these aren't essentials.

The property market is ridiculous. That doesn't mean taxes shouldn't rise because it'll make some richer people struggle to buy property inside London. That means action needs to be taken on the property market.
Faddy
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:22 PM)
Faddy's Avatar
Tories promising tax rises and pension cuts. Got to be ready when Brexit goes tits up.
CCS
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:30 PM)
CCS's Avatar
The triple lock was the stupidest gimmick in a manifesto full of them. Labour going to bat for it annoys the hell out of me.
TimmmV
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:34 PM)
TimmmV's Avatar

Originally Posted by PJV3

They should get Theresa to eat a cheesy or spicy pot noodle in some place like Stockport, and photograph the filth dribble down her chin.

No thanks, keep her as far away as possible.

Originally Posted by mr-paul

Kind of agreeing with this, but maybe not so harsh on the "bad with money" bit.

I live in London, Islington, in a flat share, paying £600 a month rent, plus bills. I earn £21k a year.
I feel I am living comfortably. Yes, my savings aren't going up very quickly, yes, I can't afford property on this wage in this area, but you can't go telling me that people are scraping by on £70k and can't afford to be paying a little bit more tax and make some sacrifices.

Listing things like private education, cars, etc. these aren't essentials.

The property market is ridiculous. That doesn't mean taxes shouldn't rise because it'll make some richer people struggle to buy property inside London. That means action needs to be taken on the property market.

Exactly
Last edited by TimmmV; 04-21-2017 at 06:36 PM.
Mr. Sam
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:40 PM)
Mr. Sam's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lagamorph

Abandoning the triple lock on pensions should be in the manifesto of every single party. It's purely there as a bribe to the grey vote.

Well, yeah, but if you're the party that wins that particular game of chicken, you could reap the rewards. May obviously feels she's got a commanding enough lead that now's the time to bite the bullet - and she's probably right.
Captain AHat
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:51 PM)
If the conservatives get a huge majority and then keep up with the way they are treating the NHS, they will never find a cure for that HORRIFIC case of resting bitchface May has :(...


God I hate her and her band of merry fuckwits so so much, putting the well being of their 'party' and rich friends above the well being of the country.
Guerrillas in the Mist
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:53 PM)
Guerrillas in the Mist's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jazzy Geoff



This forum needs smileys but LOL anyway

Ed Milliband is ruined for eating a bacon sandwich, but Goldsmith was never called out for holding a pint like that?
King_Moc
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:04 PM)
King_Moc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jazzy Geoff



This forum needs smileys but LOL anyway

That's the pint holding technique of a man that has literally only ever drank champagne.
Mr. Sam
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:04 PM)
Mr. Sam's Avatar

Originally Posted by Guerrillas in the Mist

Ed Milliband is ruined for eating a bacon sandwich, but Goldsmith was never called out for holding a pint like that?

He was, he lost the mayoral election, he lost his seat (and his majority of 23,000); justice was done.
PJV3
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:16 PM)
PJV3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Guerrillas in the Mist

Ed Milliband is ruined for eating a bacon sandwich, but Goldsmith was never called out for holding a pint like that?

It's strange what the press can get to stick in the mind, like 2 Jags Prescott even though one was a government car.
Gurgelhals
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:19 PM)
Gurgelhals's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ghost

I think Corbyn wins the child photography portion of the election

What is hilarious about this photo is that there's another one which confirms that it wasn't just a bad shot but that this was how she was really looking at these kids:

Empty
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:27 PM)
Empty's Avatar
iirc zach goldsmith has hand-tremors and literally cannot hold a pint in a conventional way
PJV3
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:35 PM)
PJV3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Empty

iirc zach goldsmith has hand-tremors and literally cannot hold a pint in a conventional way

LOL, that sounds like he's genetically limited to champagne flutes, that's what you call good breeding.
Tyaren
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:38 PM)
Tyaren's Avatar



Lol, that is indeed hilarious.
MightBeMagic
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 07:40 PM)

Originally Posted by CCS

The triple lock was the stupidest gimmick in a manifesto full of them. Labour going to bat for it annoys the hell out of me.

This is the problem with Labour. They were moaning when it was introduced because they said it was a gimmick for the Tories to keep their older voters happy.

But now they oppose its removal just for the sake of opposing a Tory change.

The change will free up money for other things. Thats why Hammond wants to remove it. Pensioners are now the most well off group I think. The triple lock was far too generous.
EleventhHourSuperpower
EleventhHourPlagiarism
(04-21-2017, 08:05 PM)
EleventhHourSuperpower's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spaced Harrier

Also if he is correct and it's a truly safe seat his vote is Meaningless. That is the nature of FPTP. The only pact it has is in overalls party votes %

I know how FPTP works, and I never said he was wrong or that it's not "meaningless" in that sense, but it's still his civic duty to vote.

Originally Posted by MightBeMagic

Personally I'd make it illegal not to vote. The 'no point' argument doesn't wash with me.

People died for our right to vote, and politics affects EVERYONE whether you like it or not.

Agreed 100%. Australia has the right idea.
Royal_Phalanx
Member
(04-21-2017, 09:01 PM)
Royal_Phalanx's Avatar

Originally Posted by EleventhHourSuperpower

I know how FPTP works, and I never said he was wrong or that it's not "meaningless" in that sense, but it's still his civic duty to vote.



Agreed 100%. Australia has the right idea.

If not voting was illegal Remain would have won by a landslide. Ah, the possibilities.
Real Hero
Member
(04-21-2017, 09:15 PM)
Real Hero's Avatar
I know it won't but I really hope May's arrogance puts people off and she doesn't do as well as she things she is going to. eurgh that women
Hazzuh
Member
(04-21-2017, 10:21 PM)
The nutters turn on May:



PJV3
Member
(04-21-2017, 10:30 PM)
PJV3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hazzuh

The nutters turn on May:



The potential for multiple whirlwinds of shit to kick in when we leave is frightening, I'm not sure where I stand on it anymore , the government will need flexibility but it would probably make things worse if the economy tanks.
sammex
Member
(04-21-2017, 10:45 PM)
sammex's Avatar
The conservatives know they're in such a good position that they can implement tax increases, remove the triple lock on pensions, and keep the 0.7% foreign aid and they'll still get a bigger majority. The general public cares little for actual policy, lots like and trust Theresa May and they want her to "get the job done" on Brexit.
Dan27
Member
(04-21-2017, 10:49 PM)
Dan27's Avatar
I do wonder if the Tories are trying to keep the headlines with leaking such "policy" and end up not doing it.
Jazzy Geoff
Member
(04-21-2017, 10:51 PM)
Jazzy Geoff's Avatar
Tories dumping the lock, McDonnell guaranteeing it. Isn't that the wrong way round? The lock is bullshit anyway.
Henchmen21
Member
(04-21-2017, 11:13 PM)
Henchmen21's Avatar
Man the Windsor genes hit William hard. He used to be cute.
DBT85
Member
(04-21-2017, 11:29 PM)
DBT85's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ghost

I think Corbyn wins the child photography portion of the election

Originally Posted by Gurgelhals

What is hilarious about this photo is that there's another one which confirms that it wasn't just a bad shot but that this was how she was really looking at these kids:

Like, you look at the photo and think "may be the child is playing with her own shit or something" but no...nothing at all is happening that might explain that face.
KingSnake
The Birthday Skeleton
(04-22-2017, 01:23 AM)
KingSnake's Avatar

Originally Posted by DBT85

Like, you look at the photo and think "may be the child is playing with her own shit or something" but no...nothing at all is happening that might explain that face.

Maybe they are foreign kids?
Royal_Phalanx
Member
(04-22-2017, 01:26 AM)
Royal_Phalanx's Avatar

Originally Posted by DBT85

Like, you look at the photo and think "may be the child is playing with her own shit or something" but no...nothing at all is happening that might explain that face.

I'm going to be a boring logical person and say that the 2 girls are making a car crash with Lego. May is reacting to that.
Miles Quaritch
lemme stick dat Red Ring
(04-22-2017, 01:28 AM)
Miles Quaritch's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. Sam

Labour going hard on the Tories "abandoning" the triple lock on pensions this afternoon. But if this thread is anything to go by, they really need to hammer the two-handed pint thing again.

She also said the NHS would be part of any trade negotiations with the US.

Pensioners can get fucked though, they voted for Brexit, they need to suffer like everyone else.
Royal_Phalanx
Member
(04-22-2017, 01:31 AM)
Royal_Phalanx's Avatar
Getting rid of the triple lock is a real positive policy from May. It's not fair that pensions were immune from austerity.
DBT85
Member
(04-22-2017, 01:34 AM)
DBT85's Avatar

Originally Posted by KingSnake

Maybe they are foreign kids?

Or poor people.

Originally Posted by Royal_Phalanx

I'm going to be a boring logical person and say that the 2 girls are making a car crash with Lego. May is reacting to that.

That's the reaction face to that? The only time that's your reaction face when Lego is involved is when you step on it in the dark at 3 am while you're busting for a piss.
Miles X
Member
(04-22-2017, 01:34 AM)
Miles X's Avatar

Originally Posted by Miles Quaritch

She also said the NHS would be part of any trade negotiations with the US.

Pensioners can get fucked though, they voted for Brexit, they need to suffer like everyone else.

What about the ones that didn't? I can't get over how simplistic and generalistic (and dumb) some vengeful people's opinions are on this forum.

News flash, half this country voted leave, half remain. Half americans voted trump, half Hillary. Stop acting like the UK if full of people you deem shitty therefore we all must suffer and that this is any different to anywhere else in the world.
PJV3
Member
(04-22-2017, 01:36 AM)
PJV3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Miles Quaritch


Pensioners can get fucked though, they voted for Brexit, they need to suffer like everyone else.

It's one of the reasons I'm not really moved by the decision, it's at best spreading the shit around even if it is fairer.
DBT85
Member
(04-22-2017, 01:42 AM)
DBT85's Avatar

Originally Posted by Miles X

What about the ones that didn't? I can't get over how simplistic and generalistic (and dumb) some vengeful people's opinions are on this forum.

The leading thing around here is that its all old peoples fault. I remember people even suggesting banning people from voting if they are over 70.

I know a bunch of people under 40 that voted leave, I know people over 65 that voted remain.
pswii60
(04-22-2017, 01:44 AM)
pswii60's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gurgelhals

What is hilarious about this photo is that there's another one which confirms that it wasn't just a bad shot but that this was how she was really looking at these kids:

We've got the new Milliband burger pic.
PJV3
Member
(04-22-2017, 01:51 AM)
PJV3's Avatar

Originally Posted by DBT85

The leading thing around here is that its all old peoples fault. I remember people even suggesting banning people from voting if they are over 70.

I know a bunch of people under 40 that voted leave, I know people over 65 that voted remain.

I think there was a definite age issue in the result more than any other demographic, it's never going to be 100% one way or the other.
Jazzy Geoff
Member
(04-22-2017, 01:58 AM)
Jazzy Geoff's Avatar
The triple lock is no longer required. It was supposed to keep pensions in line with real incomes but as incomes have remained static it has overtaken and surpassed them. It needs to go.
Royal_Phalanx
Member
(04-22-2017, 02:33 AM)
Royal_Phalanx's Avatar

Originally Posted by DBT85

Or poor people.



That's the reaction face to that? The only time that's your reaction face when Lego is involved is when you step on it in the dark at 3 am while you're busting for a piss.

I think it's just a huge exaggeration to make children laugh to be honest. May isn't 100% lizard person.
The Hamburglar
Member
(04-22-2017, 02:58 AM)
The Hamburglar's Avatar

Originally Posted by mr-paul

Kind of agreeing with this, but maybe not so harsh on the "bad with money" bit.

I live in London, Islington, in a flat share, paying £600 a month rent, plus bills. I earn £21k a year.
I feel I am living comfortably. Yes, my savings aren't going up very quickly, yes, I can't afford property on this wage in this area, but you can't go telling me that people are scraping by on £70k and can't afford to be paying a little bit more tax and make some sacrifices.

Listing things like private education, cars, etc. these aren't essentials.

The property market is ridiculous. That doesn't mean taxes shouldn't rise because it'll make some richer people struggle to buy property inside London. That means action needs to be taken on the property market.

Why do people live like this? Cos London lol.

I earn 22k and have a mortgage for a house which is 370 a month in a nice area.

I know a few people who are obsessed with living in London and pay 600 a month for a room in a house, 90 minutes out from central London, while working in service industry.
RenditMan
Junior Member
(04-22-2017, 07:17 AM)

Originally Posted by The Hamburglar

Why do people live like this? Cos London lol.

I earn 22k and have a mortgage for a house which is 370 a month in a nice area.

I know a few people who are obsessed with living in London and pay 600 a month for a room in a house, 90 minutes out from central London, while working in service industry.

I'll never work it out.

Thread Tools