• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Sinfamy
(04-20-2017, 10:58 AM)

Badabing
Time ta STEP IT UP
(04-20-2017, 11:01 AM)
He's been getting away with this for over 15 years and the only reason Fox fired him was because his advertisers pulled the plug.

It's not personal it's business. They don't care about his actual behavior. They've been renewing his contract up until now fully knowing he's a sleaze
digdug2k
(04-20-2017, 11:16 AM)

Originally Posted by Erevador

O'Reilly has always obviously been show-business sleaze. So obviously inauthentic.

I think Hannity actually embodies his own delusions. He seems like an unbearable fundamentalist bore.

He's probably a total square, not a lecherous sleaze.

Hannity has always struck me as a guy who just says whatever he needs to to make money. O'Reilly seemed more like the type who actually believed his own shit was made of fairies. They're both disgusting though. I'm sure Hannity fucked a few interns. Probably just pays off lawsuits better than bill did.
Isaac Otherworld
(04-20-2017, 11:21 AM)

Originally Posted by digdug2k

Hannity has always struck me as a guy who just says whatever he needs to to make money. O'Reilly seemed more like the type who actually believed his own shit was made of fairies. They're both disgusting though. I'm sure Hannity fucked a few interns. Probably just pays off lawsuits better than bill did.

People I follow who've actually spent some time talking to Hannity say that the guy is for real a dead serious believer in the End Times, specifically Sam Seder of the Majority Report. Hannity will just shamelessly toe the party line with no input from himself, but the guy is more authentic in at least some regards.
FreedomFighter
(04-20-2017, 11:26 AM)
The beginning of the end for Fox News. They won't even be relevant for much longer going at their current clip.
TesUsa
(04-20-2017, 11:33 AM)
Fox "news" is falling apart and it's great. Fox and Friends needs to go next.
Arkeband
(04-20-2017, 12:38 PM)

Originally Posted by The Chosen One

It was pretty hilarious that Chris Matthews on Hardball spent like 45 minutes of his show talking about Bill O'Reily. MSNBC and CNN weren't even trying to hide their glee.

Anyway, I'm probably going to get flamed a bunch for saying this, but I like that Tucker Carlson is the rising star on Fox News. I watched Tucker years ago when he was on MSNBC and I thought he provided a good conservative counter-weight to the cable network. Tucker and Willie Giest also had some awesome segments.

Granted, I haven't watched Tucker in recent years and he could have very well became a shill of the Fox News crowd, but he's nothing like the Republican lapdogs like Hannity and others. I thought Tucker's interview with Trump a few weeks ago was surprisingly solid with some pretty direct questions, considering it was Fox. So my hope is Tucker can very slowly pull Fox back into reality where it's still a conservative channel, but not a propagandist channel. But I won't hold my breath.

Go watch the recent clip where he shouts climate change denial over Bill Nye and get back to us about how he's not like the others. And then go watch that 15 year old video of Jon Stewart getting him fired from Crossfire for being an utter tit.
ZeoVGM
formerly omg rite
(04-20-2017, 12:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Baron Doggystyle von Woof

The biggest douche in the universe is jobless? feels good fam.

Our current president isn't jobless yet.
The Mule
(04-20-2017, 12:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Palmer_v1

This is the kind of thing worth celebrating by milking your titties or jacking a couple of guys off.
Kinyou
(04-20-2017, 12:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Badabing

He's been getting away with this for over 15 years and the only reason Fox fired him was because his advertisers pulled the plug.

It's not personal it's business. They don't care about his actual behavior. They've been renewing his contract up until now fully knowing he's a sleaze

Didn't Fox even pay part of the settlements? That they did this "after reviewing the allegations" is such bullshit
Incognito
Troll
(04-20-2017, 01:27 PM)
Mike Huckabee on the new and improved Factor...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3078690

Hours after Bill O'Reilly was fired amid swirling sexual harassment accusations, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee went on the longtime Fox News anchor's old show and made an off-color analogy about not being able to "kiss a woman leaning away from you."

Click link for video and priceless reaction from dana perino

Wolfgunblood Garopa
(04-20-2017, 01:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Incognito

Mike Huckabee on the new and improved Factor...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3078690

Click link for video and priceless reaction from dana perino

Of course a scumbag like Huckabee would say some scumbag thing like that. How do people watch this pablum. I mean, it's fucking inhuman. Cable news and Fox News in particular is the root cause of a lot of problems in the US, it's beyond garbage.
thelatestmodel
Junior, please.
(04-20-2017, 01:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Badabing

Nevertheless, he still got fired and that in itself feels amazing.
Interfectum
(04-20-2017, 01:46 PM)

Originally Posted by thelatestmodel

Nevertheless, he still got fired and that in itself feels amazing.

Yeah. I have a feeling some shit is going to come out about O'Reilly soon, like a more detailed account of some of these cases. Fox tossed him under the bus way more than I thought they would.
Dangansona
(04-20-2017, 01:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Wolfgunblood Garopa

Of course a scumbag like Huckabee would say some scumbag thing like that. How do people watch this pablum. I mean, it's fucking inhuman. Cable news and Fox News in particular is the root cause of a lot of problems in the US, it's beyond garbage.

They absolutely are. Yet it just feels like another thing that is inevitable that we can do nothing about.
uncelestial
(04-20-2017, 01:49 PM)
Trevor Noah's segment on O'Reilly's firing might be the best he has ever done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nIlIPjUsuA
wetflame
Pizza Dog
(04-20-2017, 01:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Sinfamy

I don't get what this is supposed to be implying.
Stinkles
Clothed, sober, cooperative
(04-20-2017, 02:17 PM)

Originally Posted by wetflame

I don't get what this is supposed to be inserting.

Ftfy
RPGCrazied
(04-20-2017, 02:18 PM)
I'm sure there is dirt on Hannity. Just got to expose it. But man, if they could fire him, I might just watch Fox News, but only Shepard Smith's show.
Beartruck
(04-20-2017, 02:20 PM)

It's from an article entitled "Bill O'Reilly is a big blubbering vagina", so he sent him tampax and "no tears" baby shampoo.
cgcg
(04-20-2017, 02:21 PM)
What a shit internal memo. Spent more time talking how great oreiley is than needing a respectful work environment.
Empyrean Heaven
(04-20-2017, 02:39 PM)

Originally Posted by RustyNails

How come Sean Hannity is so squeaky clean when the culture around him is brazenly sexist and his peers (and boss) are sexually abusing women left and right? Especially considering Hannity is the biggest alpha male blowhard type asshole on TV, bigger than O'Reilly.

Problem is Hannity at least practices what he preaches, he's also a racist asshole blowhard but he's also an ultra-devout Christian.
Gattsu25
Formerly Wakune
(04-20-2017, 02:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Beartruck

It's from an article entitled "Bill O'Reilly is a big blubbering vagina", so he sent him tampax and "no tears" baby shampoo.

Ahh, so just limp blowhard humor.
OG Shaka Zulu
(04-20-2017, 02:43 PM)
Oreilly, Huckabee... who are sleeping with these dudes? I don't want Mike Huckabee talking about his love life.
npm0925
(04-20-2017, 03:01 PM)
What a cunt faced bully. Good riddance.
Calion
(04-20-2017, 03:10 PM)

Originally Posted by uncelestial

Damn that's good
LegendofJoe
(04-20-2017, 03:18 PM)

Yep, I said it earlier and I'll say it again - the Murdochs are a curse on the Anglosphere.
NastyBook
Either. That shit that make your soul burn slow, or not.
(04-20-2017, 03:45 PM)

Originally Posted by TheCochese

Hard to get caught up in that when you're constantly sucking your own dick.

LMFAO!
CopperPuppy
(04-20-2017, 03:56 PM)

Just posted about this in TDS OT. It's amazing.
GutsOfThor
(04-20-2017, 04:32 PM)

What? Hannity is still employed.
The Salt Life
(04-20-2017, 04:44 PM)

Jobless and getting paid tend of millions of dollars, where can I sign up for that type of unemployment, I want to feel good too.
televator
(04-20-2017, 05:05 PM)
Celebration!
thehillissilent
(04-20-2017, 05:11 PM)

This was brilliant!!!
takriel
(04-20-2017, 05:13 PM)

Yes. Read the NYT or WP instead, people. You'd be better off.
televator
(04-20-2017, 05:15 PM)

Originally Posted by scitek

Glenn Beck runs an internet TV channel geared toward the same audience, and he's doing just fine.

The way I hear it, the guy's been hemorrhaging money. I think even some of his own personal finances have gone down the tubes.
smokeymicpot
Beat EviLore at pool.
(04-20-2017, 05:15 PM)
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/20/bill-...rs-salary.html

Bill O'Reilly to receive maximum payout of one year's salary: Source
Liu Kang Baking A Pie
women be talkin'!
vagina lips flappin'!
(04-20-2017, 05:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Sinfamy

Originally Posted by Beartruck

I can't believe the guy who wrote "The Alphabet of Manliness" would make such an incisive, witty gag!
Rentahamster
Rodent Whores
(04-20-2017, 05:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Liu Kang Baking A Pie

I can't believe the guy who wrote "The Alphabet of Manliness" would make such an incisive, witty gag!

Manliness is positively correlated with wit. The fine print on the steroids vials spell this out very clearly.
Brandon F
(04-20-2017, 09:53 PM)

Originally Posted by smokeymicpot

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/20/bill-...rs-salary.html

Bill O'Reilly to receive maximum payout of one year's salary: Source

NYT and WP stating the same. Maximum of up to $25m severance(1 yr. salary). Awful that enough fuckwits in the world opened wide to be fed his garbage that led to such an insane salary.

Oh and for comparison. NYT states that 21st Century Fox has paid $85m in sexual harrassment allegations at this point. Upwards of $65m for severances. Insane.
super-heated plasma
(04-20-2017, 09:55 PM)
Wow, Sarah Palin is an idiot, but she was just on with Jake Tapper, and she kind of alluded to being harrassed herself while she was at Fox News.
jedivulcan
(04-20-2017, 09:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Palmer_v1

The irony? here is that the guy replacing O'Reilly is the bow-tied guy from CNN's Crossfire Stewart destroyed a decade ago.
AlexFlame116
(04-20-2017, 09:59 PM)
I didn't know that Sarah Palin was all for Trump.

I'm disgusted even more.
Nekofrog
(04-20-2017, 10:01 PM)
Reading stories online that there is a strong internal push to change the direction of fox news away from the ultra conservative mouth piece it currently is, but that seems like it would be a monumental task that would face lots of opposition from other sources internally. Is there any truth to this?
mr2xxx
(04-20-2017, 10:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Erevador

Carlson's getting big.

He's connecting with younger right wingers much more than someone like O'Reilly did.

I think he'll be successful in the Trump era.

That's good, don't gotta worry about their vote for another decade.
Indelible
(04-21-2017, 04:36 PM)
So glad this psychopath is off the air, it was almost comical how much of a jackass he was.
mckmas8808
Sony is POO
(04-21-2017, 05:35 PM)

Originally Posted by timetokill

Welcome to the No Job Zone, Bill

LOL!!! This was good.
Ernest
(04-21-2017, 05:47 PM)
Loved how Noah ended his segment:

"Unlike O'Reilly, we'll be right back."

Ha!
shadow_shogun
(04-21-2017, 05:58 PM)
These guys don't learn
Mattlikewhoa
(04-21-2017, 06:26 PM)

Originally Posted by shadow_shogun

These guys don't learn

Jesus.... I love how the other hosts try and save his ass as well...
A Serious Man
(04-21-2017, 06:38 PM)

Originally Posted by super-heated plasma

Wow, Sarah Palin is an idiot, but she was just on with Jake Tapper, and she kind of alluded to being harrassed herself while she was at Fox News.

I saw that. First she says the women should have just found another job, and then basically confirms that she was harassed herself and only left because her contract wasn't renewed.