• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Bobby Roberts
Lore Expert
(Yesterday, 07:08 PM)
Bobby Roberts's Avatar

Originally Posted by Roders5

Yeah that sounds like him

Be consistent
MoonsaultSlayer
Member
(Yesterday, 07:08 PM)
MoonsaultSlayer's Avatar
I'm just confused by the dismissal of it compared to other films/filmmaker decisions. We like the guy so "hey, if he says so..."?

But fuck me if Trevorrow messes with anything, we'll have his head.

Edit:I am not Trevorrow posting my jealousy towards Rian...
molnizzle
Member
(Yesterday, 07:09 PM)
molnizzle's Avatar

Originally Posted by MoonsaultSlayer

I'm just confused by the dismissal of it compared to other films/filmmaker decisions. We like the guy so "hey, if he says so..."?

But fuck me if Trevorrow messes with anything, we'll have his head.

It's almost as if it's a superficial tweak that doesn't matter at all.
Roders5
Iwata een bom zal droppen
(Yesterday, 07:10 PM)
Roders5's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bobby Roberts

seriously though, fuck continuity

Originally Posted by Bobby Roberts

Be consistent

That's all I ask.
Einchy
Member
(Yesterday, 07:11 PM)
Einchy's Avatar

Originally Posted by MoonsaultSlayer

I'm just confused by the dismissal of it compared to other films/filmmaker decisions. We like the guy so "hey, if he says so..."?

But fuck me if Trevorrow messes with anything, we'll have his head.

I think "messes" is the wrong word here, Rian hasn't messed anything by changing the position of a scar. It really doesn't matter.

Like someone said earlier, the Stormtroopers have a slightly different design, and it doesn't matter. Darth Vader changed suits in each movie and it doesn't really matter.
Last edited by Einchy; Yesterday at 07:15 PM.
MoonsaultSlayer
Member
(Yesterday, 07:13 PM)
MoonsaultSlayer's Avatar

Originally Posted by molnizzle

It's almost as if it's a superficial tweak that doesn't matter at all.

It could have. Imagine him now having a reason for a mask and the impact of seeing it off for the first time. Or imagine he proudly shows it because "darkside woes".

But now it's just a cool little "chicks dig scars" thing and makes that Rey attack "superficial" as you say lol.
Bobby Roberts
Lore Expert
(Yesterday, 07:17 PM)
Bobby Roberts's Avatar

Originally Posted by Roders5

That's all I ask.

Jesus Christ.

I mean, that was clever, yeah. But c'mon now.
Toa TAK
Ask me about Thor 2: The Dark World
(Yesterday, 07:17 PM)
Toa TAK's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bobby Roberts

Jesus Christ.

He can't help you now, Bobby.
Bobby Roberts
Lore Expert
(Yesterday, 07:18 PM)
Bobby Roberts's Avatar
Oh, it's not a plea
Roders5
Iwata een bom zal droppen
(Yesterday, 07:22 PM)
Roders5's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bobby Roberts

Jesus Christ.

I mean, that was clever, yeah. But c'mon now.

I'm only having some friendly banter, tone is difficult in text.
-ImaginaryInsider
Member
(Yesterday, 07:25 PM)

Originally Posted by JB1981

This just indicates that aspects of TFA are badly written and not thought through

And that's why the trying to argue Kylo Ren's power level versus Luke's (or anyone else) is ultimately a pointless argument.
rekameohs
Member
(Yesterday, 07:32 PM)
rekameohs's Avatar

Originally Posted by WhiteRabbitEXE

tbh this has me even more excited than that

That wasn't Fly! That was Gliding Over All (season 5). 😜Shows that Walt doesn't care about the contamination anymore and nonchalantly orders the deaths of 10 people that episode.

This is Fly (Rian's ep), where the contamination is directly affecting him.
Last edited by rekameohs; Yesterday at 07:37 PM.
Bobby Roberts
Lore Expert
(Yesterday, 07:36 PM)
Bobby Roberts's Avatar

Originally Posted by Roders5

I'm only having some friendly banter, tone is difficult in text.

Nah, I got you. You landed a good one.
Surfinn
Member
(Yesterday, 07:39 PM)

Originally Posted by rekameohs

That wasn't Fly! That was Gliding Over All (season 5). 😜Shows that Walt doesn't care about the contamination anymore and nonchalantly orders the deaths of 10 people that episode.

This is Fly (Rian's ep), where the contamination is directly affecting him.

Yeah that episode was great
WhiteRabbitEXE
Member
(Yesterday, 08:36 PM)
WhiteRabbitEXE's Avatar

Originally Posted by rekameohs

That wasn't Fly! That was Gliding Over All (season 5). 😜Shows that Walt doesn't care about the contamination anymore and nonchalantly orders the deaths of 10 people that episode.

This is Fly (Rian's ep), where the contamination is directly affecting him.

Dammit, you're right lol. Looked up "Breaking Bad Fly GIF" and just nabbed the first I saw lol
rekameohs
Member
(Yesterday, 08:57 PM)
rekameohs's Avatar

Originally Posted by WhiteRabbitEXE

Dammit, you're right lol. Looked up "Breaking Bad Fly GIF" and just nabbed the first I saw lol

That episode, however, was directed by the awesome Michelle MacLaren, who also would kick ass directing a big blockbuster. She was signed to direct Wonder Woman but left due to creative differences, because y'know.... DC / Warner Bros.
Last edited by rekameohs; Yesterday at 09:01 PM.
brandonh83
Captain of the Blockbuster Defense Force
(Yesterday, 08:59 PM)
brandonh83's Avatar
Was talking to a someone at a bar last night and he didn't know who Han Solo/Harrison Ford was. I didn't know this was legitimately possible. He knew Chewbacca though. But-- again how
Fast Forward
Junior Member
(Yesterday, 09:09 PM)
While I was not sold on the title "The Last Jedi" for a while there (where as I think "Force Awakens" instantly made a good impression), after seeing the teaser, I like it. I like it a lot.

Originally Posted by Horse Detective

Great. Damn great.
Kyoufu
(Yesterday, 10:03 PM)
Kyoufu's Avatar

Originally Posted by brandonh83

Was talking to a someone at a bar last night and he didn't know who Han Solo/Harrison Ford was. I didn't know this was legitimately possible. He knew Chewbacca though. But-- again how

Brandon in Snoke's voice: "Han...Solo..."

Dude at the bar in Kylo Ren's voice: "He means nothing to me..."
brandonh83
Captain of the Blockbuster Defense Force
(Yesterday, 10:52 PM)
brandonh83's Avatar

Originally Posted by Einchy

Look at this Disney-committee-focused-tested fuck.

A summation of people that just want to pull shit from their assholes so they can be negative on the internet.

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

Brandon in Snoke's voice: "Han...Solo..."

Dude at the bar in Kylo Ren's voice: "He means nothing to me..."

I'm still befuddled by it all. I get not caring about SW or knowing everything but a 20 something American guy that doesn't know who Harrison Ford is?
Last edited by brandonh83; Yesterday at 10:54 PM.
Surfinn
Member
(Yesterday, 11:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

Brandon in Snoke's voice: "Han...Solo..."

Dude at the bar in Kylo Ren's voice: "He means nothing to me..."

Lol
MoonsaultSlayer
Member
(Yesterday, 11:30 PM)
MoonsaultSlayer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

Brandon in Snoke's voice: "Han...Solo..."

Dude at the bar in Kylo Ren's voice: "He means nothing to me..."

Hahaha
Arttemis
Member
(Today, 02:57 AM)
Arttemis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Surfinn

He announced, via megaphone, that he would be personally walking through the line of people waiting overnight to get into TLJ panel and meeting every single one of them. There were people posting in the celebration thread that they met him and got his autograph. Brandon was one.

No matter what happens with TLJ, he's earned a shit ton of my respect for that act alone.

That's absolutely awesome.
brandonh83
Captain of the Blockbuster Defense Force
(Today, 03:29 AM)
brandonh83's Avatar

Originally Posted by Arttemis

That's absolutely awesome.

He got there a bit after 11pm and stayed until close to 4am, even with the panel in the morning. Not only was that so cool, but by that time, you know, everyone was exhausted and we had to be in line really early to even have a chance to get in. It was about that time that he came in where I was like Jesus, gonna be here another 12 hours before it starts with virtually no sleep (I had nodded off a few times for like... seconds) but he came in and announced that, so yeah everyone was pretty wide awake at that point.

So instead of just being bored and tired and pretty much miserable, his meet and greet made it go by a lot faster and everyone was reeling from it well into daybreak lol. When he first came in there was obviously cheers and a mob that flocked to him, and someone told me it was Warwick Davis-- which would have been okay but I've met that dude like a thousand times already and he's at pretty much everything. Then I heard someone say it was Rian. But, I thought eh he's just passing by, probably won't even be able to see him with the hundreds surrounding him.

Few minutes later people were coming by saying that he was going to meet everyone there and I'm just like yeah there's 3,000 people here, not happening.

I was wearing a Last Jedi shirt and he said "hey man, really like that shirt."
Last edited by brandonh83; Today at 03:32 AM.
GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(Today, 03:34 AM)
GhaleonEB's Avatar

Originally Posted by brandonh83

He got there a bit after 11pm and stayed until close to 4am, even with the panel in the morning. Not only was that so cool, but by that time, you know, everyone was exhausted and we had to be in line really early to even have a chance to get in. It was about that time that he came in where I was like Jesus, gonna be here another 12 hours before it starts with virtually no sleep (I had nodded off a few times for like... seconds) but he came in and announced that, so yeah everyone was pretty wide awake at that point.

So instead of just being bored and tired and pretty much miserable, his meet and greet made it go by a lot faster and everyone was reeling from it well into daybreak lol. When he first came in there was obviously cheers and a mob that flocked to him, and someone told me it was Warwick Davis-- which would have been okay but I've met that dude like a thousand times already and he's at pretty much everything. Then I heard someone say it was Rian. But, I thought eh he's just passing by, probably won't even be able to see him with the hundreds surrounding him.

Few minutes later people were coming by saying that he was going to meet everyone there and I'm just like yeah there's 3,000 people here, not happening.

I was wearing a Last Jedi shirt and he said "hey man, really like that shirt."

I heard about this yesterday and read about it. For some reason I didn't think he'd actually stayed and gone through the whole line. But he did. Fucking amazing.

Some video and an article about it for those that don't know:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/04/14/the-...rs-convention/
brandonh83
Captain of the Blockbuster Defense Force
(Today, 03:46 AM)
brandonh83's Avatar
To think I was a little jealous of JJ buying pizza for everyone at Anaheim lol

Trevorrow, you're up.

Thread Tools