• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

sixteen-bit
(05-19-2017, 01:26 PM)

Originally Posted by MattyH

just getting to collecting gba and I'm wondering what some of the must have titles are

Mother 3
Peltz
(05-19-2017, 03:49 PM)

Originally Posted by DeuceGamer

I think it depends on what genres you like but in general you can't go wrong with the following IMO.

Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
Zelda Minish Cap
Golden Sun
Golden Sun Lost Age
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance
Advance Wars
Advance Wars 2
Mega Man Zero games
Mega Man Battle Network games
Drill Dozer
Mario Kart

You can also consider some of the NES/SNES ports as well. Some are much more affordable than their NES/SNES counterparts and of course they are portable.

That's still leaving out a lot of must own games and games that you will probably want depending on the type of games you like. Personally I think the Gameboy Advance library is better than a lot of people give it credit for but maybe it's just a good fit for my tastes.

I agree with you there. Nintendo's output on the device was fantastic and it got great 3rd party support.

I'd add the F-Zero games and Circle of the Moon to your list.

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

Mother 3

Well, yea... I need to play this someday.
NormalFish
(05-19-2017, 04:36 PM)

Mother 3

yes.
alf717
(05-20-2017, 12:36 AM)
Looks like a GBC with black light does/did exist. Story behind it is pretty crazy.

This does not compute
sixteen-bit
(05-20-2017, 12:53 AM)

Originally Posted by alf717

Looks like a GBC with black light does/did exist. Story behind it is pretty crazy.

This does not compute

Was just about to post this, lol
NormalFish
(05-20-2017, 01:49 AM)

Originally Posted by alf717

This does not compute

This was discussed a while back. AFAIK, no one has heard anything since that thread that Rich posted.

I still don't understand why people are so convinced of the veracity of that post, though. Or the one in this guy's video, since he's been known for misinformation in the past. idk.
Last edited by NormalFish; 05-20-2017 at 01:54 AM.
MattyH
(05-21-2017, 02:02 PM)
so ive grabbed a SP (£22) sadly not a 101 but thats in the pipeline and the following games
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 (£5)
Golden Sun (£10)
Harry Potter And The Philosophers Stone (£5)
The Sims Bustin Out (£6)
Pokemon Ruby (was marked at £10 but talked the guy down to £8 due to dead battery)
Advance Wars (£10)
Sim City 2000 (£8) this one was boxed and in good condition
Yoshis Island Super Mario Advance 3 (£10)
Super Mario World Super Mario Advance 2 (£10)
Tawney Bomb
(05-21-2017, 10:47 PM)
Figured this is the best place to ask, if I wanted to grab a modded GBA, is there any good place to do so? I see a bunch on eBay, but wasn't sure if there was a better place.
Ben Morales
(05-21-2017, 11:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Tawney Bomb

Figured this is the best place to ask, if I wanted to grab a modded GBA, is there any good place to do so? I see a bunch on eBay, but wasn't sure if there was a better place.

Yeah, eBay is cool. You can also try Game Boy Marketplace on Reddit and sometimes you will see some deals on Etsy. I got mine on Etsy for $120 and he threw in a bunch of games.
MattyH
(05-22-2017, 12:33 PM)
got fire pro wrestling gba in the post this morning
TheFuzz
(05-22-2017, 05:10 PM)

Originally Posted by MattyH

got fire pro wrestling gba in the post this morning

Crap. This reminded me I loved that game and need to get it. Guess I'm gonna look for it.
DeuceGamer
(05-22-2017, 11:54 PM)
Just finished Super Metroid again last week so started another playthrough of Metroid Zero Mission . While it's not quite the classic Super Metroid is it's probably the next best thing.

Wish Nintendo would revisit some of these series that shined on the GBA. Metroid, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, Castlevania (fund it or whatever), Mega Man (again fund it or whatever).
sixteen-bit
(05-23-2017, 12:09 AM)

Just finished Super Metroid again last week so started another playthrough of Metroid Zero Mission . While it's not quite the classic Super Metroid is it's probably the next best thing.

Wish Nintendo would revisit some of these series that shined on the GBA. Metroid, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, Castlevania (fund it or whatever), Mega Man (again fund it or whatever).

Have you tried AMR2 btw? It's like Zero Mission of Metroid 2 (fan-made tho). Anyways, highly recommended!
socksfelloff
(05-23-2017, 01:36 PM)

I'm right there with you but the reality of it makes me sad.

Metroid is on ice.
Intelligent systems is a fire emblem waifu house now
Camelot makes tennis games now
Castlevania is Konami (lol)
Mega Man is capcom (lol)
Last edited by socksfelloff; 05-23-2017 at 01:40 PM.
sixteen-bit
(05-23-2017, 01:55 PM)

Originally Posted by socksfelloff

Intelligent systems is a fire emblem waifu house now

Does Echoes buck this trend?
socksfelloff
(05-23-2017, 02:05 PM)

Not sure. I'm actually going to start it today!

Full disclosure, I really enjoy the fire emblem games but I have not played awakening or fates yet.
TheMoon
(05-23-2017, 05:56 PM)

Echoes is not a "waifu" game. IntSys makes plenty of other stuff not called Fire Emblem, btw.

WarioWare-series
Pushmo-series
Paper Mario-series
original IP
DeuceGamer
(Yesterday, 11:14 AM)

Have you tried AMR2 btw? It's like Zero Mission of Metroid 2 (fan-made tho). Anyways, highly recommended!

Not yet. I wish it was available on a console as homebrew. Not very convenient on my PC.
DeuceGamer
(Yesterday, 11:15 AM)

Not yet. I wish it was available on a console as homebrew. Not very convenient on my PC right now. I have been really wanting to play though.
socksfelloff
(Yesterday, 06:07 PM)

Not yet. I wish it was available on a console as homebrew. Not very convenient on my PC right now. I have been really wanting to play though.

There is a vita port but last I heard there was a bug preventing you from finishing