• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

TheMoon
(05-06-2017, 04:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Shahadan

I saw Binding of Isaac pop up on amazon.fr, release date is September 4th

That's kinda late compared to the US version

it's a miracle Nicalis even managed to arrange this at all.

it's still 2 years faster than usual.
tolkir
(05-07-2017, 05:09 PM)
First Picross-like game announced for Nintendo Switch. Piczles Lines DX.

It’s a puzzle game where your goal is to connect lines, in order to create pictures. Of course, said lines need to be of a certain length, indicated by numbers on the grid, and you also need to match the colour of the numbers. In short, you cannot connect lines if 1) it’s between two different numbers 2) the line isn’t long enough (3 cases when connecting two 4s, for example), 3) the two numbers are of a different colour.

Here’s details about the two main modes:

Story Mode: 5 chapters and 100 puzzles to go through. The story follows the adventures of a slightly unusual professor turning objects into pixels using his Piczle-Matic 3000 camera;
Puzzle Mode: 100 puzzles for you to solve. The puzzles come in themed packs, including 20 puzzles each. There’s various themes: sports, pets, vehicles, foods, and more. What’s more, it looks like additional puzzles will be added at a later date, via free updates!

Piczle Lines can be played via the touchscreen in Handheld Mode, but also using the Joy-Cons on TV and Tabletop Mode.

Trailer

Source
jonno394
Banned
(05-07-2017, 05:19 PM)
I have a free game somewhat like Piczle Lines on my phone (slightly different as your lines have set lengths in this game, the one on my phone doesn't), and I love it, so i'll likely grab this as long as the price is right.
deadfolk
(05-07-2017, 05:22 PM)

Originally Posted by tolkir

Trailer

Source

Might be interested if there's no timer. That put me off the demo of a 3DS one I tried. Although there's no time limit as such, the timer put me off. I want to play games like this to relax, not to put myself under pressure.
Camjo-Z
(05-07-2017, 05:57 PM)

Looks pretty good. I prefer to play these types of games on a dedicated game system rather than mobile.
DagsJT
(05-07-2017, 08:36 PM)

Trailer

Source

Ah that's a shame. I quite like Picross but this is Slitherlink I think, not quite the same appeal to me.
pretty done
(05-07-2017, 08:53 PM)

Originally Posted by ramparter

Maybe Neo Geo is actually the first bunch of virtual console games.

Man what a downgrade from the Wii that would be. I didn't have one but didn't it launch day one with Mario 64 (THE GOAT) on VC?
Zonic
Gives all the fucks
(05-07-2017, 09:40 PM)

Trailer

Source

I couldn't help but get a Tappingo vibe from it, but then I remembered Tappingo only let you slide blocks to form pictures, you didn't have free control. Will be interesting to see how much this costs, seems like it could be up my alley.
tolkir
(05-07-2017, 10:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Zonic

I couldn't help but get a Tappingo vibe from it, but then I remembered Tappingo only let you slide blocks to form pictures, you didn't have free control. Will be interesting to see how much this costs, seems like it could be up my alley.

There is a free-to-play smartphone version. Anybody can check it there.
Armitage Shanks
(05-07-2017, 11:36 PM)

Originally Posted by deadfolk

Might be interested if there's no timer. That put me off the demo of a 3DS one I tried. Although there's no time limit as such, the timer put me off. I want to play games like this to relax, not to put myself under pressure.

Dev here! No timer! This logic-puzzle game is for relaxation and brain challenging only!

Originally Posted by DagsJT

I quite like Picross but this is Slitherlink I think, not quite the same appeal to me.

It really isn't Slitherlink, no. Though I personally LOVE Slitherlink, that is a "mere" logic game, whereas Piczle Lines is more an illust-logic game, like Picross. If you connect all the dots correctly you end up with an image.

I couldn't help but get a Tappingo vibe from it

It is somewhat similar in that you create images, but in Piczle Lines you don't slide but draw lines between two set points (of the same colour, having the same number, the number denoting the number of grid squares the finished line has to cover - it sounds more complicated than it is!)

There is a free-to-play smartphone version. Anybody can check it there.

Indeed! For all things Piczle Lines please check out Club Piczle. If you go to the (mobile) Piczle Lines DX page (2nd banner from the top) there will be links to iTunes and GooglePlay. There are enough free puzzles in the base version to give you an indication of what the game is and whether you'll like this or not!
Aaron Strife
Honk if you love cookies.
(05-08-2017, 03:52 AM)

Originally Posted by pretty done

Man what a downgrade from the Wii that would be. I didn't have one but didn't it launch day one with Mario 64 (THE GOAT) on VC?

Yup, pretty sure I downloaded Mario 64 before doing anything else on my launch week Wii, even over playing Wii Sports or Zelda. A game I always wanted but never had.

What an exciting time that was. Just sucks seeing the slow trickle again with every single console. Oh boy, Super Mario World... yay.
Valkerionseven
(05-08-2017, 04:46 AM)
Because I was on vacation and wanted to burn money I bought Pokken and Tokyo Mirage Sessions (using the mynintendo discount)

Determined to play my Wii U more lol. Almost got Paper Mario but my RPG backlog is a bit nuts.
deadfolk
(05-08-2017, 09:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks

Dev here! No timer! This logic-puzzle game is for relaxation and brain challenging only!

Nice! Thanks for letting us know!
tolkir
(05-08-2017, 09:57 AM)
Provisional week

Nintendo Switch
- NBA Playgrounds (Saber Interactive) - €19.99 May 09
- ACA NeoGeo: Garou: Mark of the Wolves (SNK/Hamster Co.) - €6.99/£6.29
- Minecraft: Switch Edition (4J Studios/Mojang AB) - €29.99 May 12

New Nintendo 3DS
- Pixel Hunter (Lemondo Games) - €2.99

Wii U
- WinKings (Lemondo Games) - €9.99

PtM
(05-08-2017, 03:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Jools Watsham

Today (in North America), all @AtooiLLC games will be 75% OFF for the MONTH OF MAY (whoa)! Starts in Europe May 11.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoolsWats...48949847609344

So, twice Mutant Mudds, Xeodrifter and Bomb Monkey. I'll probably grab Xeodrifter. Even though I find it's only on 3DS in Europe??? :((((
Last edited by PtM; 05-08-2017 at 06:19 PM.
Mpl90
Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
(05-08-2017, 05:40 PM)
http://nintendoeverything.com/dark-w...hop-this-week/

Dark Witch Music Episode, former mobile-only spin-off based on The Legend of Dark Witch 2's mini-game, is coming to Switch this week in EU at least.
jonno394
Banned
(05-08-2017, 06:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Mpl90

Dark Witch Music Episode, former mobile-only spin-off based on The Legend of Dark Witch 2's mini-game, is coming to Switch this week in EU at least.

Looks fun and should only be a few dollars, i'm in!
tolkir
(05-08-2017, 06:39 PM)

This is why we want a PR each monday. Surprise releases need more exposure.
Camjo-Z
(05-09-2017, 03:14 AM)

Originally Posted by PtM

So, twice Mutant Mudds, Xeodrifter and Bomb Monkey. I'll probably grab Xeodrifter. Even though I find it's only on 3DS in Europe??? :((((

Now that's a sale. Mutant Mudds Super Challenge BOUGHT!

Well that came out of nowhere. This reminds me, I never did get around to finishing Dark Witch 2...
Robin64
(05-09-2017, 09:32 AM)
I expect a good price for Dark Witch, given it's from Circle again who gave us Kamiko for a fiver.
Refyref
(05-09-2017, 09:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Robin64

I expect a good price for Dark Witch, given it's from Circle again who gave us Kamiko for a fiver.

They also published VOEZ for 25$, so...
But looking at previous Inside System games, around 5$ sounds likely.
tolkir
(05-09-2017, 10:53 AM)

800 yens in Japan. Probably, it will be 7.99 here.
Robin64
(05-09-2017, 11:16 AM)
Ah yep. $7.99/€7.99/£6.99.
Shiggy
(05-09-2017, 12:01 PM)

Originally Posted by PtM

I don't think Bomb Monkey was released in Europe. Unfortunately, I already own the other 3 games - Xeodrifter was imo the weakest of the three.

Doe anybody know what's up with Runbow Pocket?
chronomac
(05-09-2017, 03:27 PM)
Redout's coming July 25th
jonno394
Banned
(05-09-2017, 03:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Refyref

They also published VOEZ for 25$, so...
But looking at previous Inside System games, around 5$ sounds likely.

Voez price is completely justified though, to get all that content on mobile you had to pay over $100
deadfolk
(05-09-2017, 04:01 PM)

Originally Posted by chronomac

Redout's coming July 25th

Published by Nicalis, so that's 2019 in EU.
Robin64
(05-09-2017, 04:03 PM)
Wait, September 4th for Binding of Isaac? Hahaha oh wow.
tolkir
(05-09-2017, 05:10 PM)

Wait, September 4th for Binding of Isaac? Hahaha oh wow.

Amazon.fr says July 1st now.
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(05-09-2017, 05:20 PM)

Amazon.fr says July 1st now.

That looks like a place holder date from the third party seller "Just For Games".

I think the official stance for Europe from Nicalis/Head-up Games is still just "Q2" this year.
Refyref
(05-09-2017, 06:10 PM)

Originally Posted by jonno394

Voez price is completely justified though, to get all that content on mobile you had to pay over $100

I wasn't complaining, nor was I suggesting eShop games should have low prices. Just noting that said publisher doesn't lock themselves to one price point.
Shiggy
(05-09-2017, 06:12 PM)

Published by Nicalis, so that's 2019 in EU.

August 31, published by 505 Games.

Originally Posted by Tunesmith

That looks like a place holder date from the third party seller "Just For Games".

I think the official stance for Europe from Nicalis/Head-up Games is still just "Q2" this year.

It's currently scheduled for a release on June 26, stay tuned for more information/an official announcement.
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(05-09-2017, 06:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Shiggy

It's currently scheduled for a release on June 26, stay tuned for more information/an official announcement.

Cool beans.
deadfolk
(05-09-2017, 07:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Shiggy

Really? Where does that information come from? I just watched a trailer that said Nicalis.

Not doubting you, just wondering why there is conflicting info.
TheMoon
(05-09-2017, 07:31 PM)

Really? Where does that information come from? I just watched a trailer that said Nicalis.

Not doubting you, just wondering why there is conflicting info.

Nicalis is self-publishing in NA (SEGA distributes their stuff apparently for some reason?). They need partners for Europe. I forgot who is partnering with them for Isaac (Bad Lands?)
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(05-09-2017, 07:48 PM)

Originally Posted by TheMoon

Nicalis is self-publishing in NA (SEGA distributes their stuff apparently for some reason?). They need partners for Europe. I forgot who is partnering with them for Isaac (Bad Lands?)

Head Up Games
chronomac
(05-09-2017, 08:19 PM)
So I was looking at the upcoming schedule and noticed that there's essentially a 2-week empty period coming up, the last week of May and first week of June:

May Week 2
Thumper (May 18)

May Week 3
Disgaea 5 Complete (May 23)
Ultra Street Fighter II (May 26)

May Week 4
[nothing]

June Week 1
[nothing]

June Week 2
Cars 3 (June 13)
Arms (June 16)

Are there games announced I don't know about or will we get another Thumper type announcement soon? I checked the big Wiki schedule and Nintendo's own page.
Vanillalite
Ask me about the GAF Notebook
(05-09-2017, 08:53 PM)
I mean Pocket Rumble is still this quarter supposedly. Soooo
chronomac
(05-09-2017, 08:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Vanillalite

Besides Neo Geo stuff, which I assume we'll get, this could be a possibility. Maybe Enter the Gungeon?
Steiner
(05-09-2017, 09:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Vanillalite

I'm beginning to think that Pocket Rumble will never get here. =[
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(05-09-2017, 09:51 PM)
Just noted that Nintendo snuck in a "view more" link on the bottom of the recent releases page that opens an unfiltered search. Heh, that's the way to solve it guys.

You can now also save your credit card info for further purchases if you want to do that.

Last edited by Tunesmith; 05-09-2017 at 09:58 PM.
Zonic
Gives all the fucks
(05-09-2017, 10:26 PM)

Dev here!

Any word on the price? I'm checking the mobile version & it seems to get all the stuff, it's about $7.50 (which is rather cheap, I was thinking it'd be $10+), which is kind of decent. I might give in if it's $5 on Switch, especially with the bigger screen.

Edit: Yeah, I'm liking this, but I would much rather play it on the Switch due to the bigger screen & button support. Sometimes, it'll go somewhere where I didn't want it to or start a line I didn't want to start yet, which can be a pain considering one of the in-game achievements is "don't erase a line on a medium sized puzzle".

I'm guessing all the puzzles will be bundled together, or will it be similar to mobile where you need to buy the separate packs?
Last edited by Zonic; 05-09-2017 at 10:50 PM.
deadfolk
(05-09-2017, 10:41 PM)

Originally Posted by TheMoon

That would explain it. Thanks!
tolkir
(05-09-2017, 11:56 PM)

Originally Posted by chronomac

So I was looking at the upcoming schedule and noticed that there's essentially a 2-week empty period coming up, the last week of May and first week of June:

May Week 2
Thumper (May 18)

May Week 3
Disgaea 5 Complete (May 23)
Ultra Street Fighter II (May 26)

May Week 4
[nothing]

June Week 1
[nothing]

June Week 2
Cars 3 (June 13)
Arms (June 16)

Are there games announced I don't know about or will we get another Thumper type announcement soon? I checked the big Wiki schedule and Nintendo's own page.

De Mambo has June release date and Shakedown should be released no too far away.
Like the hat?
(05-10-2017, 12:16 AM)
Did Cave Story+ physical go up anywhere yet? Hope I didn't miss it.

edit never mind! just preordered at Best Buy for $24.
Last edited by Like the hat?; 05-10-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Armitage Shanks
(05-10-2017, 12:38 AM)

Any word on the price? I'm checking the mobile version & it seems to get all the stuff, it's about $7.50 (which is rather cheap, I was thinking it'd be $10+), which is kind of decent. I might give in if it's $5 on Switch, especially with the bigger screen.

Edit: Yeah, I'm liking this, but I would much rather play it on the Switch due to the bigger screen & button support. Sometimes, it'll go somewhere where I didn't want it to or start a line I didn't want to start yet, which can be a pain considering one of the in-game achievements is "don't erase a line on a medium sized puzzle".

I'm guessing all the puzzles will be bundled together, or will it be similar to mobile where you need to buy the separate packs?

Price hasn't been decided yet, but the plan is to have a one off purchase that includes all the puzzle bundles with more added in the future as free updates.
Zonic
Gives all the fucks
(05-10-2017, 12:42 AM)

Price hasn't been decided yet, but the plan is to have a one off purchase that includes all the puzzle bundles with more added in the future as free updates.

That's good to hear. I grabbed the few free bundles, but now that I've done Ch. 1, I might just wait so I can experience the rest on the Switch's bigger screen & not have so many puzzles feel so zoomed in, not to mention I wanna be able to see the number counter as I'm sliding the pieces instead of having my thumb covering it.
Vanquish
(05-10-2017, 02:18 AM)
The eShop has been offline for me today, anyone else having issues?
PtM
(05-10-2017, 02:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Vanquish

The eShop has been offline for me today, anyone else having issues?

Maintenance.
http://neogaf.site/forum/showpost.php?p=235431772

Originally Posted by Pokemaniac

That was yesterday, though.

Dang.
Last edited by PtM; 05-10-2017 at 03:52 AM.
Pokemaniac
(05-10-2017, 03:34 AM)

Originally Posted by PtM

Maintenance.
http://neogaf.site/forum/showpost.php?p=235431772

That was yesterday, though.