• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

nature boy
(05-19-2017, 11:48 PM)

Originally Posted by chadskin

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/865699497791377412

Hmmm......

Hope Bobby Three Sticks is OK with this.
infi
(05-19-2017, 11:48 PM)
Notre Dame students are planning a walkout during Pence's commencement speech.

http://wgntv.com/2017/05/19/notre-da...cement-speech/

Whilst it's not as major a story as the recent Trump ones I find it reassuring that people are not giving Pence a pass. You have to admire the response from Notre Dame itself in not trying to interfere.
Maledict
(05-19-2017, 11:49 PM)
A sentence from that Daily Beast article that really annoys me from a republican:

“I can’t see Trump resigning or even being impeached, but at this point I wish he’d grow a brain and be the man that he sold himself as on the campaign.”

He was always this bad. Anyone with half a brain cell knew the guy was a complete fucking moron from his very first speech. The GOPs lust for power and absolute craven cowardice meant they just tried to ignore it and focussed on hating Hillary. The republicans should have done what the French conservatives did, and reject him absolutely. Instead they sold their souls for tax cuts for the rich and punishing poor people.
StopMakingSense
(05-19-2017, 11:52 PM)
GUYS I GOTTA RUN TO THE BANK, DON'T LET ANYTHING BREAK IN THE NEXT 45 MIN, OKAY?
sc0la
(05-19-2017, 11:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Dubbedinenglish

Make "Cs" with your hands and whispers the globalist names

*whispers*soros*whispers*
chadskin
(05-19-2017, 11:54 PM)
The Comey session will happen shortly after Trump is back in the US if he comes back.

So much for the trip providing an opportunity for a reset.
Mobius and pet octopus
(05-19-2017, 11:57 PM)

The Comey session will happen shortly after Trump is back in the US if he comes back.

So much for the trip providing an opportunity for a reset.

Trump would eventually sabotage himself over twitter anyway.
foxuzamaki
Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
(05-20-2017, 12:01 AM)
This all seems too good to be true, like maybe the apocalypse is happening soon or something
balladofwindfishes
(05-20-2017, 12:12 AM)
I went grocery shopping, I probably didn't miss anythi

Originally Posted by sazzy

CNN reporting WH lawyers have started researching impeachment procedures.

oh

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/865699497791377412

oh
Mobius and pet octopus
(05-20-2017, 12:15 AM)

Originally Posted by infi

Notre Dame students are planning a walkout during Pence's commencement speech.

http://wgntv.com/2017/05/19/notre-da...cement-speech/

Whilst it's not as major a story as the recent Trump ones I find it reassuring that people are not giving Pence a pass. You have to admire the response from Notre Dame itself in not trying to interfere.

Pence should just not show up rather than ruining their commencement ceremony.
Kusagari
(05-20-2017, 12:16 AM)
CNN is saying in the same meeting Trump joked with Kislyak that he was the only one on his campaign not to meet him yet.

Great thing to admit.
Dominican Power
(05-20-2017, 12:19 AM)
Y'all think Weiner could of been a presidential candidate if it wasn't for his sex addiction?
Plinko
Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
(05-20-2017, 12:22 AM)
If Trump pulls the obscure ethics rule garbage, the IC will have to do it all themselves.
Valhelm
contribute something
(05-20-2017, 12:24 AM)
What kind of support is needed to call an impeachment trial?

Just a simple majority in both houses?
Boke1879
(05-20-2017, 12:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Kusagari

CNN is saying in the same meeting Trump joked with Kislyak that he was the only one on his campaign not to meet him yet.

Great thing to admit.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
thefro

Originally Posted by Valhelm

Simple majority in the House to impeach and start a trial, 2/3rds majority to convict in the Senate.
PowerTaxi

Originally Posted by Plinko

If Trump pulls the obscure ethics rule garbage, the IC will have to do it all themselves.

It seems easy enough for Rosenstein to go "lolno" at that and let Mueller do what he wants.
VendettaRed07
(05-20-2017, 12:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Dominican Power

Y'all think Weiner could of been a presidential candidate if it wasn't for his sex addiction?

Sort of hard to separate the two at this point. Kind of like saying "would the zodiac killer been an upstanding citizen if it wasn't for all the murder"
Valhelm
contribute something
(05-20-2017, 12:29 AM)

Originally Posted by thefro

Simple majority in the House to impeach and start a trial, 2/3rds majority to convict in the Senate.

2/3 senate majority seems insurmountable...

Even if the Dems get a majority by 2020, what are the odds substantial numbers of Republicans vote to oust the big guy?
Grexeno
(05-20-2017, 12:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Dominican Power

I'm not generally one to think names matter but his last name is Weiner.
chadskin
(05-20-2017, 12:31 AM)
Alan Dershowitz is an idiot.
Valhelm
contribute something
(05-20-2017, 12:32 AM)
What's the procedure for a 25th amendment removal-from-office?
Last edited by Valhelm; 05-20-2017 at 12:35 AM.
Autodidact
(05-20-2017, 12:32 AM)

Originally Posted by PowerTaxi

It seems easy enough for Rosenstein to go "lolno" at that and let Mueller do what he wants.

Yep. With Sessions recused, Rosenstein has authority over the investigation, and he can waive the ethics rule. If the White House pushes the ethics rule, it looks suspicious. If Trump fires Rosenstein, it looks suspicious. Either way Trump loses.
VendettaRed07
(05-20-2017, 12:33 AM)

Even if the Dems get a majority by 2020, what are the odds substantial numbers of Republicans vote to oust the big guy?

Trump will likely not allow it to get to that point. If it's even looking close hell set up all the pardons and resign
sazzy
pronounced "sassy"
(05-20-2017, 12:41 AM)
It was just 12 fucking days ago that Sally Yates testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee.
balladofwindfishes
(05-20-2017, 12:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Plinko

Ethics rule?
nature boy
(05-20-2017, 12:50 AM)

House rolls the ball, Senate doesn't need to do anything to start impeachment process.

House is a simple majority then goes to the Senate for trial. 67 senators are required.
ArkhamFantasy
(05-20-2017, 12:54 AM)
Historically, is impeachment unpopular? For instance, were there congressmen that lost their seats over it?
Barzul
(05-20-2017, 12:54 AM)
Say Trump somehow squeaks through to 2020 with all the attached baggage or with an investigation still ongoing. Who do we think is going to try and primary him? Definitely Kasich I think but who else?
Last edited by Barzul; 05-20-2017 at 01:02 AM.
Lo-Volt
(05-20-2017, 12:55 AM)

What's the procedure for a 25th amendment removal-from-office?

That requires the cabinet to mutiny, basically. A majority of them will have to claim that the president is incapacitated and submit that declaration to Congress. Then the Vice President becomes acting president.

But the deposed chief executive could challenge it with his own statement and return to office. If the cabinet then submits another declaration, Congress would have to adjudicate the matter by a two-thirds majority.
Last edited by Lo-Volt; 05-20-2017 at 12:57 AM.
RastaMentality
(05-20-2017, 12:56 AM)

I don't know if we'd have a president in the modern era let it get to that stage.
NeoXChaos
(05-20-2017, 12:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Barzul

Say Trump somehow squeaks through to 2024 with all the attached baggage or with an investigation still ongoing. Who do we think is going to try and primary him? Definitely Kasich I think but who else?

by that point he can't run again. America reelected him. GAF implodes. California and New York secede.
PowerTaxi
(05-20-2017, 01:01 AM)

Originally Posted by NeoXChaos

by that point he can't run again. America reelected him. GAF implodes. California and New York secede.

I think he meant who tries to primary him in 2020 but fails.
ArkhamFantasy
(05-20-2017, 01:01 AM)
Kushner deleted all his tweets.
Barzul
(05-20-2017, 01:03 AM)

Originally Posted by NeoXChaos

I meant 2020. Just read Tom Cotton is making moves in Iowa, early primary state and surely he can't be looking at 2024, way too early for that.
ivajz
(05-20-2017, 01:03 AM)

Originally Posted by ArkhamFantasy

Kushner deleted all his tweets.

He never tweeted. Just has had an account.
AntraxSuicide
(05-20-2017, 01:04 AM)

Originally Posted by ArkhamFantasy

Historically, is impeachment unpopular? For instance, were there congressmen that lost their seats over it?

Yeah, it's not super popular but the sample size is way too low to say that concretely. The only time it was super unpopular was when it was over Clinton's sex scandal which most Americans don't care about, even conservatives.

The odds are dependent on how bad the evidence is. And even then, if the evidence is overwhelming, then the GOP Senators would just send a heads-up well in advance to the White House and Trump would set up some pardons for his underlings and then resign, to be pardoned by Pence on his first day. But this is still removal from office so I'd take it.
Valhelm
contribute something
(05-20-2017, 01:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Barzul

I meant 2020. Just read Tom Cotton is making moves in Iowa, early primary state and surely he can't be looking at 2024, way too early for that.

I don't think a serious primary challenge will happen unless 2018 is very, very bad for Trump. The whole Republican establishment would need to defect.
teiresias
(05-20-2017, 01:09 AM)
I JUST CANNOT!! I JUST CANNOT ANYMORE!! I'M TOO EXHAUSTED TO CAN!!!!
RustyNails
with arms wide open / under the sunlight / welcome to this place / i'll show you everythaaaang
(05-20-2017, 01:11 AM)

Originally Posted by Autodidact

Yep. With Sessions recused, Rosenstein has authority over the investigation, and he can waive the ethics rule. If the White House pushes the ethics rule, it looks suspicious. If Trump fires Rosenstein, it looks suspicious. Either way Trump loses.

Remember Trump has still ways to go before he goes full Nixon, who fired the Dep AG and the special prosecutor. Knowing Trump he will fire Rosenstein and Mueller, and blame on Democrats/waste of taxpayer money.
whyamihere
(05-20-2017, 01:11 AM)

Originally Posted by teiresias

I JUST CANNOT!! I JUST CANNOT ANYMORE!! I'M TOO EXHAUSTED TO CAN!!!!

Valhelm
contribute something
(05-20-2017, 01:12 AM)

Originally Posted by RustyNails

Remember Trump has still ways to go before he goes full Nixon, who fired the Dep AG and the special prosecutor. Knowing Trump he will fire Rosenstein and Mueller, and blame on Democrats/waste of taxpayer money.

Why hasn't Trump fired Mueller yet?
DonShula
(05-20-2017, 01:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Dubbedinenglish

Only question is what will his entrance music be.

It's obvious isn't it?

I feel strong about right and wrong,
And I don't take trouble for very long,
I got something deep inside of me.
Courage is the thing that keeps us free.
RustyNails
with arms wide open / under the sunlight / welcome to this place / i'll show you everythaaaang
(05-20-2017, 01:15 AM)

Why hasn't Trump fired Mueller yet?

He cant. He has to fire Rosenstein in order to fire Mueller. Same Rosenstein who he praised. Give him a few months.
Kusagari
(05-20-2017, 01:16 AM)
CNN saying Trump's Saudi Arabia speech does not mention radical Islam.
Wanda/Wander
(05-20-2017, 01:20 AM)

*wakes up from winning induced nap
ArkhamFantasy
(05-20-2017, 01:22 AM)

Trump is PC now? Sad!
ivajz
(05-20-2017, 01:24 AM)

Here's hoping he doesn't fuck up NATO.
sc0la
(05-20-2017, 01:32 AM)

lmao. Can't wait to ask my conservative coworkers "why can't the president say the words 'radical Islam'" god knows they've said it 10,000 times before.