• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

gabbo
Member
(05-20-2017, 12:36 AM)
gabbo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kuro Madoushi

Eh...? I'm sure they do.

Was it from the heat? If not then I feel bad for you. If yes then you've been blessed

Jesus I certainly wouldn't put my kid in there.

My home town is heavily catholic, and the nearest catholic school was over half an hour away, this must have been great for those parents. All the jesus, none of the paying to ship their kid 30+ minutes out of town
Kuro Madoushi
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:25 AM)
Kuro Madoushi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fuzzy

Anyone want the Fire Emblem Echoes LE at cost? It came out to $91.

Why don't you want it, fuzz?

Originally Posted by gabbo

My home town is heavily catholic, and the nearest catholic school was over half an hour away, this must have been great for those parents. All the jesus, none of the paying to ship their kid 30+ minutes out of town

That's too much of the J...!
shadowkat
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:26 AM)
shadowkat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kuro Madoushi

PRAISE. THE. GOD. DAMN. SUN!

Nah. I still see those kilts around so I guess it depends.

Well that's what I meant. At my school they are gone but I know they are still around at others.
Fuzzy
I would bang a hot farmer!
(05-20-2017, 05:07 AM)
Fuzzy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kuro Madoushi

Why don't you want it, fuzz?

I only ordered it in case someone else missed it. Originally i-Jest said he wanted it but he forgot he had ordered it from the US. If nobody wants it I'll just return it to BB.
Renewed
Member
(05-20-2017, 05:10 AM)
Renewed's Avatar
I'd bite but I jumped on both the JP and NA versions.
Kuro Madoushi
Member
(05-20-2017, 05:13 AM)
Kuro Madoushi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Renewed

I'd bite but I jumped on both the JP and NA versions.

wat?! why....
Renewed
Member
(05-20-2017, 05:16 AM)
Renewed's Avatar
I was weak dammit, I wanted the Japanese complete edition. I haven't even taken it back out after messing around with it. The English menu patch still meant I wouldn't understand everything for the story.
Dr.Acula
Member
(05-20-2017, 05:39 AM)
Dr.Acula's Avatar
https://youtu.be/gLTcllilxfk

In case anyone missed it...

T-DOT GOON SCRAP DVD 2!!

Ya seen? Bless.
Kuro Madoushi
Member
(05-20-2017, 06:04 AM)
Kuro Madoushi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Renewed

I was weak dammit, I wanted the Japanese complete edition. I haven't even taken it back out after messing around with it. The English menu patch still meant I wouldn't understand everything for the story.

OMG WHYYYYYY.....! YOU GODDAMN WEEABOO!
-Deimos
Member
(05-20-2017, 09:19 AM)
-Deimos's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr.Acula

https://youtu.be/gLTcllilxfk

In case anyone missed it...

T-DOT GOON SCRAP DVD 2!!

Ya seen? Bless.

wat
gabbo
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:38 PM)
gabbo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr.Acula

https://youtu.be/gLTcllilxfk

In case anyone missed it...

T-DOT GOON SCRAP DVD 2!!

Ya seen? Bless.

..What did I just watch?
stan_marsh
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:56 PM)
stan_marsh's Avatar
tree no forest yo
Jack The Nipper
Can outshoot and shutdown Steph Curry at the local YMCA.
(05-20-2017, 03:13 PM)
Jack The Nipper's Avatar
Any of you guys in the north York area happen to have a 360 I can borrow. I have been trying to get on that 360 sell but it seems to be impossible on the Web store since you cant use your Xbox credit and PayPal I have is in china so they definitely aren't allowing that either. Having a console is the only way

All my 360s are in the us, may see how much it cost to ship one later.
Cripplegate
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Dr.Acula

https://youtu.be/gLTcllilxfk

In case anyone missed it...

T-DOT GOON SCRAP DVD 2!!

Ya seen? Bless.

Fuck yes.

Loved the first.
Kave_Man
come in my shame circle
(05-20-2017, 04:03 PM)
Kave_Man's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr.Acula

https://youtu.be/gLTcllilxfk

In case anyone missed it...

T-DOT GOON SCRAP DVD 2!!

Ya seen? Bless.

I both love/hate Toronto slang.

I also love/hate I speak like that to the mans dem.
crimzonflame
Member
(05-20-2017, 06:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Dr.Acula

https://youtu.be/gLTcllilxfk

In case anyone missed it...

T-DOT GOON SCRAP DVD 2!!

Ya seen? Bless.

lmao. Cant believe I understood most of the shit they said.

Makes me miss Buzz and how no one really filled their void of a good local Toronto comedy show.
zroid
Member
(05-21-2017, 12:16 AM)
zroid's Avatar
Toronto Wolfpack Rugby team won 70-2 today

get on the bandwagon folks
stan_marsh
Member
(05-21-2017, 12:52 AM)
stan_marsh's Avatar

Originally Posted by zroid

Toronto Wolfpack Rugby team won 70-2 today

get on the bandwagon folks

Is that normal Rugby score? 70-2 sounds like murder.
Fuzzy
I would bang a hot farmer!
(05-21-2017, 08:44 AM)
Fuzzy's Avatar

Originally Posted by zroid

Toronto Wolfpack Rugby team won 70-2 today

get on the bandwagon folks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwXUxgszF0
Blackhead
Redarse
(05-21-2017, 03:45 PM)
this weather is killing me
stan_marsh
Member
(05-21-2017, 03:47 PM)
stan_marsh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackhead

this weather is killing me

Inconsistent. As. Fuck.
Jack The Nipper
Can outshoot and shutdown Steph Curry at the local YMCA.
(05-21-2017, 05:13 PM)
Jack The Nipper's Avatar
Stay cool, apartment doesn't even allow air yet . Not use to this. Was sweating it out the other day inside. Left my front door open and helped a bit

Man, kfc and McDonald's don't even have biscuits here. It's an all new world....
Kfc without biscuits might as well not even have chicken.
jstripes
Member
(05-21-2017, 06:29 PM)
jstripes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jack The Nipper

Stay cool, apartment doesn't even allow air yet . Not use to this. Was sweating it out the other day inside. Left my front door open and helped a bit

Man, kfc and McDonald's don't even have biscuits here. It's an all new world....
Kfc without biscuits might as well not even have chicken.

Popeye's has biscuits.
ahdurian
Member
(05-22-2017, 02:54 AM)
ahdurian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr.Acula

https://youtu.be/gLTcllilxfk

In case anyone missed it...

T-DOT GOON SCRAP DVD 2!!

Ya seen? Bless.

that was great fam.
soultron
I will snowboard
into a PRISON
(05-22-2017, 04:07 AM)
soultron's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr.Acula

https://youtu.be/gLTcllilxfk

In case anyone missed it...

T-DOT GOON SCRAP DVD 2!!

Ya seen? Bless.

Hilarious. Starter pack killed me.
walei
Junior Member
(05-22-2017, 06:02 AM)
walei's Avatar
Hi Toronto GAF!

I'll be moving back to Toronto in June and the first order of business is... internet!

I'll stay with my parents for the first 6 months or so, but their Roger's internet service is pretty bare bone, it's like $39/month for 20G or something. I'm a heavy FF14 player / media streaming service user. What would be a good plan for us to get? My parents are long time Roger's customer so are there any good deals I should try to ask for?
firehawk12
Subete no aware
(05-22-2017, 07:12 AM)
firehawk12's Avatar

Originally Posted by walei

Hi Toronto GAF!

I'll be moving back to Toronto in June and the first order of business is... internet!

I'll stay with my parents for the first 6 months or so, but their Roger's internet service is pretty bare bone, it's like $39/month for 20G or something. I'm a heavy FF14 player / media streaming service user. What would be a good plan for us to get? My parents are long time Roger's customer so are there any good deals I should try to ask for?

Ideally switch to a third party reseller ISP like Teksavvy for the better plans. If they're stuck with Rogers for some reason, then the best you can do is try to negotiate with them.
John Blade
Member
(05-22-2017, 09:28 PM)
John Blade's Avatar
Just craving for some Malaysian food and just wondering if anyone here try out Soos restaurant at 94 Ossington Ave and your option of the food. Also, wondering if anyone want to join in with me to try out this restaurant for fun (my crew bail out of me last minute and still want to go into the restaurant to try it out).
walei
Junior Member
(05-23-2017, 10:04 AM)
walei's Avatar

Originally Posted by firehawk12

Ideally switch to a third party reseller ISP like Teksavvy for the better plans. If they're stuck with Rogers for some reason, then the best you can do is try to negotiate with them.

Thanks I'll definitely get one of those when I get my own place... but in the meantime I'm not sure my parents will be happy with me messing with their "trusted services". They also get cable TV from Rogers I think...
jokkir
Member
(05-23-2017, 11:51 AM)
jokkir's Avatar
Victoria Day 2017 fireworks @ Woodbine Beach by Carl Sim, on Flickr

Here's fireworks from Woodbine Beach yesterday. Cant seem to get good fireworks shot there but happy with this.
Proteus
BOSS
(05-23-2017, 01:04 PM)
Proteus's Avatar
Fuck the new Presto gates. Swiped my metropass twice. It was accepted but the gates wouldn't open. It was on the side of High Park that has no attendant either. I just slide through the gate like a thief and caught the subway.
jokkir
Member
(05-23-2017, 04:37 PM)
jokkir's Avatar
Oh look, it's my photo!



Also, I'm going ramen later. Where should I go? Sansotei, Isshin, Kyouka, and maybe Santouka is out of the considerations (friend and I trying ramen spots together even though I ate at all the good ones before)
Last edited by jokkir; 05-23-2017 at 05:22 PM.
dluu13
Member
(05-23-2017, 05:24 PM)
dluu13's Avatar

Originally Posted by jokkir

Oh look, it's my photo!



Also, I'm going ramen later. Where should I go? Sansotei, Isshin, Kyouka, and maybe Santouka is out of the considerations (friend and I trying ramen spots together even though I ate at all the good ones before)

Aw man I didn't even know there were fireworks.

Do they credit you?
jokkir
Member
(05-23-2017, 05:26 PM)
jokkir's Avatar

Originally Posted by dluu13

Aw man I didn't even know there were fireworks.

Do they credit you?

You'll have another chance during the Canada Day long weekend ;) And yup! In really tiny letters right at the bottom of the article lol
thabiz
Member
(05-23-2017, 05:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Proteus

Fuck the new Presto gates. Swiped my metropass twice. It was accepted but the gates wouldn't open. It was on the side of High Park that has no attendant either. I just slide through the gate like a thief and caught the subway.

My new favorite is when you need to use the card kisok to refill the card and it's in query mode. So you wander down to the next stop and low and behold the whole system is in query mode.

Such a garbage implementation this was.
Junior Mint
Member
(05-23-2017, 05:54 PM)
Junior Mint's Avatar

Originally Posted by thabiz

My new favorite is when you need to use the card kisok to refill the card and it's in query mode. So you wander down to the next stop and low and behold the whole system is in query mode.

Such a garbage implementation this was.

lmao.

classic ttc.
-Pyromaniac-
(05-23-2017, 06:59 PM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by jokkir


Also, I'm going ramen later. Where should I go? Sansotei, Isshin, Kyouka, and maybe Santouka is out of the considerations (friend and I trying ramen spots together even though I ate at all the good ones before)

hakata shoryuken is the only correct response

to me it's better than all those anyway
Kuro Madoushi
Member
(05-23-2017, 08:00 PM)
Kuro Madoushi's Avatar

Originally Posted by -Pyromaniac-

hakata shoryuken is the only correct response

to me it's better than all those anyway

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

The big difference I noticed from here and Japan though is that their broth is really rich. Though that can happen when you can add a block of butter to it for extra money...
firehawk12
Subete no aware
(05-23-2017, 08:13 PM)
firehawk12's Avatar

Originally Posted by John Blade

Just craving for some Malaysian food and just wondering if anyone here try out Soos restaurant at 94 Ossington Ave and your option of the food. Also, wondering if anyone want to join in with me to try out this restaurant for fun (my crew bail out of me last minute and still want to go into the restaurant to try it out).

I never knew the place existed. I'd be interested to hear about the laksa and the murtabak if you go. It looks really pricey though.
There was a Malaysian place at Spadina's Chinatown a few years ago that has long gone, sadly.

Originally Posted by walei

Thanks I'll definitely get one of those when I get my own place... but in the meantime I'm not sure my parents will be happy with me messing with their "trusted services". They also get cable TV from Rogers I think...

You could see if there's some negotiation in terms of a bundle deal to get more speed/higher caps for around the same price if nothing else.
jokkir
Member
(05-23-2017, 08:49 PM)
jokkir's Avatar

Originally Posted by -Pyromaniac-

hakata shoryuken is the only correct response

to me it's better than all those anyway

Unfortunately, too far :( has to be downtown-ish area
chaobreaker
Member
(05-24-2017, 08:14 AM)
chaobreaker's Avatar
I have a really good sister. She bought me some nice clothes for my birthday. Now I have to up the ante from getting her gift cards for her's now that we both have disposable incomes.
shadowkat
Member
(05-24-2017, 01:53 PM)
shadowkat's Avatar

Originally Posted by chaobreaker

I have a really good sister. She bought me some nice clothes for my birthday. Now I have to up the ante from getting her gift cards for her's now that we both have disposable incomes.

Happy Birthday!

Since May is just about over, are we going to try for a June meetup?
jokkir
Member
(05-24-2017, 05:01 PM)
jokkir's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr.Acula

https://youtu.be/gLTcllilxfk

In case anyone missed it...

T-DOT GOON SCRAP DVD 2!!

Ya seen? Bless.

lmao.

The subtitles are so good too compared to what they're saying.
krae_man
Member
(05-24-2017, 06:01 PM)
krae_man's Avatar

Originally Posted by chaobreaker

I have a really good sister. She bought me some nice clothes for my birthday. Now I have to up the ante from getting her gift cards for her's now that we both have disposable incomes.

Continue the arms race until you start buying each other cars or houses.
EvilMario
Will QA for food.
(05-24-2017, 06:08 PM)
EvilMario's Avatar

Originally Posted by chaobreaker

I have a really good sister. She bought me some nice clothes for my birthday. Now I have to up the ante from getting her gift cards for her's now that we both have disposable incomes.

Happy Birthday!
Sober
Member
(05-24-2017, 06:40 PM)
Sober's Avatar

Originally Posted by chaobreaker

I have a really good sister. She bought me some nice clothes for my birthday. Now I have to up the ante from getting her gift cards for her's now that we both have disposable incomes.

Happy birthday dude!
gabbo
Member
(05-24-2017, 11:16 PM)
gabbo's Avatar

Originally Posted by shadowkat

Happy Birthday!

Since May is just about over, are we going to try for a June meetup?

I think that's for the best at this point.
Also happy birthday chaobreaker! Im glad my brothers didnt do that for me on monday. Would make it hard to live up for theirs. They make more than me. Thankfully games and comics are what we usually ask for.
Last edited by gabbo; 05-24-2017 at 11:18 PM.
shadowkat
Member
(05-25-2017, 02:31 PM)
shadowkat's Avatar
I hate the rain. More specifically the traffic when it rains.
explodet
Member
(05-25-2017, 03:40 PM)
explodet's Avatar
The six-alarm fire on Cherry St. blew smoke into my building, woke me up at 5am wondering if the place was burning down.



No injuries reported, thankfully.
gabbo
Member
(05-25-2017, 06:12 PM)
gabbo's Avatar

Originally Posted by shadowkat

I hate the rain. More specifically the traffic when it rains.

Yep. City barely functions when it rains. TTC was barely usable this morning.

Thread Tools