• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

iosefe
Member
(01-11-2017, 02:13 AM)
iosefe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dryk

Judging from the large ships we've seen I'm assuming that they're all hands with varying lengths of arm. The Diamond's ships being the most complete.

So who owned the green hand? A lowly peridot?
Zubz
Member
(01-11-2017, 03:48 AM)
Zubz's Avatar

Originally Posted by iosefe

So who owned the green hand? A lowly peridot?

She did say she modifies her ships to her liking, no?

Speaking of whom, did anyone else expect another Peridot when those hovering fingers were involved with the Zoo preparation process? Or is anyone still expecting a Peridot/Lapis/Connie episode immediately after this?
zulux21
Member
(01-11-2017, 01:10 PM)
zulux21's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zubz

She did say she modifies her ships to her liking, no?

Speaking of whom, did anyone else expect another Peridot when those hovering fingers were involved with the Zoo preparation process? Or is anyone still expecting a Peridot/Lapis/Connie episode immediately after this?

i am hoping that.

once these episodes start to air on CN the peridot twitter account will come to life again with tweets each day, and then will end with an announcement of when a peri/lap/connie ep will air. as ideally we will see another episode in feb or march even if it is just a single ep :(
DongBeetle
Junior Member
(01-11-2017, 01:15 PM)
DongBeetle's Avatar
Maybe I missed this along the way but how come society just kinda doesn't give a shit about gem presence? Like you would think Beach City would be on lockdown after giant hand ships were seen going back and forth and then fucking blowing up
iosefe
Member
(01-11-2017, 01:26 PM)
iosefe's Avatar

Originally Posted by DongBeetle

Maybe I missed this along the way but how come society just kinda doesn't give a shit about gem presence? Like you would think Beach City would be on lockdown after giant hand ships were seen going back and forth and then fucking blowing up

Gems were always kind of there in this universe, so eh
PSqueak
Member
(01-11-2017, 05:56 PM)
PSqueak's Avatar

Originally Posted by DongBeetle

Maybe I missed this along the way but how come society just kinda doesn't give a shit about gem presence? Like you would think Beach City would be on lockdown after giant hand ships were seen going back and forth and then fucking blowing up

Gems are in their history books, why do you think no one flipped out at the play? Buddy was also a historian, and he detailed gem lore, there is that picture of the gems in revolutionary times, etc.

SU takes place in an alternate universe where Gem pressence altered human history.
Psxphile
Member
(01-11-2017, 06:27 PM)
Psxphile's Avatar

Originally Posted by zulux21

i am hoping that.

once these episodes start to air on CN the peridot twitter account will come to life again with tweets each day, and then will end with an announcement of when a peri/lap/connie ep will air. as ideally we will see another episode in feb or march even if it is just a single ep :(

You... can probably consider that peridot twitter defunct now.
caliph95
Member
(01-11-2017, 06:38 PM)
caliph95's Avatar

Originally Posted by Psxphile

You... can probably consider that peridot twitter defunct now.

Too bad to i love thos tweets, the tumblr fan base can be toxic. I'm assuming is the tumblr because the fanbase in the subreddit and neogaf seems sensible.
Psxphile
Member
(01-11-2017, 06:47 PM)
Psxphile's Avatar

Originally Posted by caliph95

Too bad to i love thos tweets, the tumblr fan base can be toxic. I'm assuming is the tumblr because the fanbase in the subreddit and neogaf seems sensible.

Lauren Zuke ran that account on her own accord.

Rumor has it she left the show sometime late last year.
caliph95
Member
(01-11-2017, 06:51 PM)
caliph95's Avatar

Originally Posted by Psxphile

Lauren Zuke ran that account on her own accord.

Rumor has it she left the show sometime late last year.

Due to the harassment yeah
Psxphile
Member
(01-11-2017, 07:38 PM)
Psxphile's Avatar

Originally Posted by caliph95

Due to the harassment yeah

It wasn't the fans, if you believe the rumor.
zeemumu
Member
(01-11-2017, 07:52 PM)
zeemumu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Psxphile

It wasn't the fans, if you believe the rumor.

Thought it was about harrassment over Peridot-Lapis ship taking away from Peridot-Amethyst or some such nonsense
Zubz
Member
(01-12-2017, 12:25 AM)
Zubz's Avatar
So we never got full closure on Zuke's departure?

She was my favorite storyboarder, and nice touches like the Peridot Twitter were perfect, so I hope she finds success in her future endeavors.
NEO0MJ
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:04 AM)
NEO0MJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by zeemumu

Thought it was about harrassment over Peridot-Lapis ship taking away from Peridot-Amethyst or some such nonsense

Shippers are the worst, always ruining everything.
Psxphile
Member
(01-12-2017, 08:23 AM)
Psxphile's Avatar

Originally Posted by zeemumu

Thought it was about harrassment over Peridot-Lapis ship taking away from Peridot-Amethyst or some such nonsense

That happened before, but in the grand scheme of things it could have been a contributing factor.


Originally Posted by Zubz

So we never got full closure on Zuke's departure?

Nothing for sure is known for why she left, and whether or not it was her choice to leave. All the evidence that fueled the rumor was gathered from a now-defunct private tumblr blog that was presumed to belong to Zuke before it was deleted because of the things that were posted within: thoughts and rants from a nameless disgruntled animator w/ close ties to a children's tv show currently airing that contains gay undertones and also they like the characters Lapis and Peridot and especially the ship Lapidot quite a lot.

The rumor suggests that Zuke was depressed about not being able to continue writing Lapidot for the show and either quit in disgust or was let go unceremoniously. I will say, however, that this rumor was fueled and circulated by people with an extreme bias against Zuke, so it's veracity is called into question. The only things we know for sure is that Hillary Florido is now paired with Amber Rogers, Lauren has ceased most social media interactions regarding Steven Universe, and that the private blog in question did exist at one point.
zulux21
Member
(01-12-2017, 08:28 AM)
zulux21's Avatar

Originally Posted by Psxphile

You... can probably consider that peridot twitter defunct now.

I will continue to dream until it doesn't happen :(
Mr Swine
Member
(01-12-2017, 08:31 AM)
Mr Swine's Avatar
So anyone think that Pink Diamond let Rose kill her so that planet Earth would be spared from becoming a husk? I mean that the Diamonds wanted to mine out earth and kill all life and Pink Diamond was against that but ultimately let Rose Quartz kill her so that would stop since the other Diamonds wouldn't listen to her

Sounds like a stupid theory?
The_Kid
Member
(01-12-2017, 08:47 AM)
The_Kid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr Swine

So anyone think that Pink Diamond let Rose kill her so that planet Earth would be spared from becoming a husk? I mean that the Diamonds wanted to mine out earth and kill all life and Pink Diamond was against that but ultimately let Rose Quartz kill her so that would stop since the other Diamonds wouldn't listen to her

Sounds like a stupid theory?


Well I mean no one knew about the weapon before Peridot told them so... probably not likely.
Jeb
Member
(01-12-2017, 11:03 AM)
Jeb's Avatar
I'm hating the whole Pink Diamond and Rose coordinated PD's death theory that that is being passed around here.

Because my favourite part of SU's lore is that Rose is the idol figure of the series yet there seems to be this moral grey area about her past and that both her actions and character are so devisive that there is even a possibility that she could have been on the wrong side all along.

If it turns out that her actions were peachy clean the whole time, then SU's lore would be a lot less interesting.

Edit:not saying that all her actions should be wrong, but I would like it to be in the morally grey area.
zeemumu
Member
(01-12-2017, 02:13 PM)
zeemumu's Avatar

Originally Posted by The_Kid

Well I mean no one knew about the weapon before Peridot told them so... probably not likely.

Unless after Pink Diamond's death, the Diamonds decided that it'd be easier to use the planet to incubate a Cluster gem than fight the Crystal Gems for the opportunity to farm it and they left because they knew that the gems' victory would be temporary.


Originally Posted by Jeb

I'm hating the whole Pink Diamond and Rose coordinated PD's death theory that that is being passed around here.

Because my favourite part of SU's lore is that Rose is the idol figure of the series yet there seems to be this moral grey area about her past and that both her actions and character are so devisive that there is even a possibility that she could have been on the wrong side all along.

If it turns out that her actions were peachy clean the whole time, then SU's lore would be a lot less interesting.

Edit:not saying that all her actions should be wrong, but I would like it to be in the morally grey area.

Unless she's referring to her actions AS Pink Diamond *dun dun dunnnn*
zeemumu
Member
(01-12-2017, 11:31 PM)
zeemumu's Avatar
Still makes me laugh
nckillthegrimace
Member
(01-12-2017, 11:51 PM)
nckillthegrimace's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jeb

I'm hating the whole Pink Diamond and Rose coordinated PD's death theory that that is being passed around here.

Because my favourite part of SU's lore is that Rose is the idol figure of the series yet there seems to be this moral grey area about her past and that both her actions and character are so devisive that there is even a possibility that she could have been on the wrong side all along.

If it turns out that her actions were peachy clean the whole time, then SU's lore would be a lot less interesting.

Edit:not saying that all her actions should be wrong, but I would like it to be in the morally grey area.

Yeah, that would be pretty stupid after having a bunch of episodes and an entire song about how Rose isn't perfect. Not to mention recent events in which Steven comes to terms with the difference between everyone's idolized version of his mother and the real thing. That would all just be erased.
KiN0
Member
(01-13-2017, 06:58 AM)
KiN0's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jeb

I'm hating the whole Pink Diamond and Rose coordinated PD's death theory that that is being passed around here.

Because my favourite part of SU's lore is that Rose is the idol figure of the series yet there seems to be this moral grey area about her past and that both her actions and character are so devisive that there is even a possibility that she could have been on the wrong side all along.

If it turns out that her actions were peachy clean the whole time, then SU's lore would be a lot less interesting.

Edit:not saying that all her actions should be wrong, but I would like it to be in the morally grey area.

On one hand, Rose being so imperfect adds more to steven's character; on the other hand, PD conspiring with Rose to free Earth is admittedly a more entertaining twist.
XAL
Member
(01-13-2017, 07:10 AM)
XAL's Avatar

Originally Posted by zeemumu

Still makes me laugh

I love SU but this is 100% accurate haha
MartyStu
Member
(01-13-2017, 07:16 AM)
MartyStu's Avatar

Originally Posted by KiN0

On one hand, Rose being so imperfect adds more to steven's character; on the other hand, PD conspiring with Rose to free Earth is admittedly a more entertaining twist.

Rose not being responsible for Pink Diamond's death does not make her any less imperfect than we already view her.
XAL
Member
(01-13-2017, 07:19 AM)
XAL's Avatar

Originally Posted by KiN0

PD conspiring with Rose to free Earth is admittedly a more entertaining twist.

yuck please no
Alcoremortis
Member
(01-13-2017, 07:21 AM)
Alcoremortis's Avatar

Originally Posted by KiN0

On one hand, Rose being so imperfect adds more to steven's character; on the other hand, PD conspiring with Rose to free Earth is admittedly a more entertaining twist.

There's a part of me that kinda wants Steven to unbubble one of the Rose Quartzes in the Zoo and find out that they have none of the powers that his mom had, revealing that Pink Diamond shattered her Rose Quartz and then took her name because reasons.
MartyStu
Member
(01-13-2017, 07:22 AM)
MartyStu's Avatar

Originally Posted by XAL

yuck please no

I agree, but there is definitely something funny going on with Pink Diamond's shattering. It is almost certainly not as straightforward as we are thinking.
Jeb
Member
(01-13-2017, 11:19 AM)
Jeb's Avatar
My favourite ep so far is Besmuth(did I say the name right?), because it implies that as revered as Rose is, Steven has the potential to surpass her.

Think about it, the whole show has Steven living in her shadow, trying to live up to the legends shoes, I'd love to see him surpass her through his own ways and not just copying his mother.

The whole Besmuth episode was a taste of that.

If there was a twist showing that Rose had some some kind of masterplan and she is right about everything, I'd find that uninteresting.
Last edited by Jeb; 01-13-2017 at 11:21 AM.
darklin0
Member
(01-13-2017, 11:36 AM)
darklin0's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jeb

My favourite ep so far is Besmuth(did I say the name right?), because it implies that as revered as Rose is, Steven has the potential to surpass her.

Think about it, the whole show has Steven living in her shadow, trying to live up to the legends shoes, I'd love to see him surpass her through his own ways and not just copying his mother.

The whole Besmuth episode was a taste of that.

If there was a twist showing that Rose had some some kind of masterplan and she is right about everything, I'd find that uninteresting.

I completely agree. If the show goes in that direction it will ruin the series for me.
caliph95
Member
(01-13-2017, 12:22 PM)
caliph95's Avatar
I hated the theories regarding Pink Diamond's shattering and will be disappointed after all the focus it ended up for nothing it is more interesting for Rose to be imperfect and what it means for Steven than to attempt some twist/ It's annoying on the reddit it will be annoying if the show does the same.
KiN0
Member
(01-14-2017, 05:15 AM)
KiN0's Avatar

Originally Posted by MartyStu

Rose not being responsible for Pink Diamond's death does not make her any less imperfect than we already view her.

Maybe, but it does give another meaning to the rebellion and Rose's role in the whole thing.

Originally Posted by XAL

yuck please no

I like crazy twists, so either way would be fine with me. And it's not like it would totally kill Rose's character flaws. Even outside of murder, she was already deep in the moral grey area.

Originally Posted by Alcoremortis

There's a part of me that kinda wants Steven to unbubble one of the Rose Quartzes in the Zoo and find out that they have none of the powers that his mom had, revealing that Pink Diamond shattered her Rose Quartz and then took her name because reasons.

That would be insane.
blamite
Member
(01-14-2017, 05:30 AM)
blamite's Avatar
So the episodes after the bomb are probably gonna have a big timeskip take place back on Earth due to the whole FTL travel time dilation stuff, right? The way Connie, Peridot, and Lapis were put in charge of things before the rest of the Gems left seemed to be a big setup for a "here's what this group was up to while Steven went to the Zoo" thing once they get back.
Infinite Justice
Member
(01-14-2017, 05:41 AM)
Infinite Justice's Avatar

Originally Posted by MartyStu

Rose not being responsible for Pink Diamond's death does not make her any less imperfect than we already view her.

Yep.

Also it doesn't really change much in the aftermath. Unless Pink Diamond isn't dead :trollface


Originally Posted by Alcoremortis

There's a part of me that kinda wants Steven to unbubble one of the Rose Quartzes in the Zoo and find out that they have none of the powers that his mom had, revealing that Pink Diamond shattered her Rose Quartz and then took her name because reasons.

you know what i would be into this.
Last edited by Infinite Justice; 01-14-2017 at 05:44 AM.
Kard8p3
Member
(01-14-2017, 05:56 AM)
Kard8p3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alcoremortis

There's a part of me that kinda wants Steven to unbubble one of the Rose Quartzes in the Zoo and find out that they have none of the powers that his mom had, revealing that Pink Diamond shattered her Rose Quartz and then took her name because reasons.


How do you accomplish this? Steven has the exact same kind of gem as the bubbled Roses..so did PD cut her gem to resemble a Rose's gem? Did her cut gem create Lion? Do Pearl/Garnet/Amethyst know this? IDK how I feel about this tbh. Seems cool but maybe kinda dumb idk
TheGreatDirector
Member
(01-14-2017, 06:19 AM)
TheGreatDirector's Avatar
Have they explained why Rose had so many powers?
KiN0
Member
(01-14-2017, 06:26 AM)
KiN0's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheGreatDirector

Have they explained why Rose had so many powers?

The zoo suggests that Rose Quartzes were designed to take care of humans; so presumably, their abilities are meant to heal, care, and peacefully subjugate.
caliph95
Member
(01-14-2017, 06:30 AM)
caliph95's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheGreatDirector

Have they explained why Rose had so many powers?

Originally Posted by KiN0

The zoo suggests that Rose Quartzes were designed to take care of humans; so presumably, their abilities are meant to heal, care, and peacefully subjugate.

They did imply our rose could be from the zoo
Alcoremortis
Member
(01-14-2017, 06:33 AM)
Alcoremortis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kard8p3

How do you accomplish this? Steven has the exact same kind of gem as the bubbled Roses..so did PD cut her gem to resemble a Rose's gem? Did her cut gem create Lion? Do Pearl/Garnet/Amethyst know this? IDK how I feel about this tbh. Seems cool but maybe kinda dumb idk

I honestly have no idea. But it's not like a drastic change would be that out of character for Rose in the first place.
Psxphile
Member
(01-14-2017, 06:42 AM)
Psxphile's Avatar

Originally Posted by blamite

So the episodes after the bomb are probably gonna have a big timeskip take place back on Earth due to the whole FTL travel time dilation stuff, right? The way Connie, Peridot, and Lapis were put in charge of things before the rest of the Gems left seemed to be a big setup for a "here's what this group was up to while Steven went to the Zoo" thing once they get back.



;_;7
Odoul
Member
(01-14-2017, 02:57 PM)
Odoul's Avatar
That was the creepiest arc the show's ever done IMO. I used to have nightmares similar in concept to the Zoo/choosening when I was a kid.

Originally Posted by blamite

So the episodes after the bomb are probably gonna have a big timeskip take place back on Earth due to the whole FTL travel time dilation stuff, right? The way Connie, Peridot, and Lapis were put in charge of things before the rest of the Gems left seemed to be a big setup for a "here's what this group was up to while Steven went to the Zoo" thing once they get back.

I'm thinking the same thing. They kept mentioning or alluding to it like 4 or 5 times.
KiN0
Member
(01-14-2017, 06:24 PM)
KiN0's Avatar

Originally Posted by Odoul

That was the creepiest arc the show's ever done IMO. I used to have nightmares similar in concept to the Zoo/choosening when I was a kid.


I'm thinking the same thing. They kept mentioning or alluding to it like 4 or 5 times.

I wonder if this is where the hour glass comes into play. Provided that's the direction they decide to take.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(01-16-2017, 06:22 AM)
DrForester's Avatar
Dangit...

Now I kind of want the colored system...

SapphiCine
Member
(01-16-2017, 01:28 PM)
SapphiCine's Avatar

Originally Posted by blamite

So the episodes after the bomb are probably gonna have a big timeskip take place back on Earth due to the whole FTL travel time dilation stuff, right? The way Connie, Peridot, and Lapis were put in charge of things before the rest of the Gems left seemed to be a big setup for a "here's what this group was up to while Steven went to the Zoo" thing once they get back.

I imagine we will get a story focused on Peridot and Lapis but I fully expect them to sidestep the issue of time dilation.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(01-16-2017, 02:34 PM)
DrForester's Avatar

Originally Posted by blamite

So the episodes after the bomb are probably gonna have a big timeskip take place back on Earth due to the whole FTL travel time dilation stuff, right? The way Connie, Peridot, and Lapis were put in charge of things before the rest of the Gems left seemed to be a big setup for a "here's what this group was up to while Steven went to the Zoo" thing once they get back.

Those poor Rubies are never going to be rescued...
SapphiCine
Member
(01-16-2017, 02:52 PM)
SapphiCine's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrForester

Those poor Rubies are never going to be rescued...

I'm sure they will be eventually. I am a little concerned how the show sidesteps the ethical implications for some things. Everything with the zoo rubbed me the wrong way. Steven being processed for the zoo was a weird sequence. Did no one in the creative team notice the (unintentional?) allusions to African slave processing?
Last edited by SapphiCine; 01-16-2017 at 02:57 PM.
NEO0MJ
Member
(01-16-2017, 03:46 PM)
NEO0MJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by SapphiCine

I'm sure they will be eventually. I am a little concerned how the show sidesteps the ethical implications for some things. Everything with the zoo rubbed me the wrong way. Steven being processed for the zoo was a weird sequence. Did no one in the creative team notice the (unintentional?) allusions to African slave processing?

I think that was the point? It's not like the fact that gems consider humans simple animals a secret.
Violet_0
(01-16-2017, 03:55 PM)
Violet_0's Avatar

Originally Posted by blamite

So the episodes after the bomb are probably gonna have a big timeskip take place back on Earth due to the whole FTL travel time dilation stuff, right? The way Connie, Peridot, and Lapis were put in charge of things before the rest of the Gems left seemed to be a big setup for a "here's what this group was up to while Steven went to the Zoo" thing once they get back.

I'd say nothing of this sort will happen (Greg didn't age either in his absence, it's basically just Star Wars fast-travel) but nonethless it would be pretty funny if every human they knew on Earth has long been dead when they return
iosefe
Member
(01-16-2017, 03:59 PM)
iosefe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Violet_0

I'd say nothing of this sort will happen (Greg didn't age either in his absence, it's basically just Star Wars fast-travel) but nonethless it would be pretty funny if every human they knew on Earth has long been dead when they return

"Funny"
Corronchilejano
Member
(01-16-2017, 04:05 PM)
Corronchilejano's Avatar

Originally Posted by iosefe

"Funny"

Homage to Gun Buster.

Thread Tools