• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

hey_monkey
Member
(05-17-2017, 03:06 PM)
hey_monkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Natiko

Sure, but there's not much to discuss there until day end when we can evaluate who has coasted.

We can see who's not posting and as the hours pass, who's not posting anything of substance. Anyone who falls into one of those categories might be town or scum, but one thing's relatively certain: they're not scum hunting. And unknown quantities are at least a low key threat to town.

Originally Posted by BlackBuzzard

Who puts leaves on their pizza EW!

Spinach, basil, all the leaves. Delish.

What do you have to add besides pizza judging, BB?
Natiko
Member
(05-17-2017, 03:07 PM)
Natiko's Avatar
Sure, but right now we don't even have check ins from everyone I don't think.
acohrs
Member
(05-17-2017, 03:11 PM)
acohrs's Avatar
Natters, do you think you will get Robin this game? ;P
BlackBuzzard
Member
(05-17-2017, 03:19 PM)
BlackBuzzard's Avatar

Originally Posted by hey_monkey

We can see who's not posting and as the hours pass, who's not posting anything of substance. Anyone who falls into one of those categories might be town or scum, but one thing's relatively certain: they're not scum hunting. And unknown quantities are at least a low key threat to town.



Spinach, basil, all the leaves. Delish.

What do you have to add besides pizza judging, BB?

Not much outside of Palmer's thoughts. everyone else seems to be just having fun shit posting outside of the people that didn't check in yet but ill give them till the end of day 1 of day 1 before i start swapping my vote.
Natiko
Member
(05-17-2017, 03:23 PM)
Natiko's Avatar

Originally Posted by acohrs

Natters, do you think you will get Robin this game? ;P

Depends. Does Robin like pineapple on his pizza?
hey_monkey
Member
(05-17-2017, 03:26 PM)
hey_monkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palmer_v1

Monkey is active so far, at least, and this is basically how she played anime, so it's consistent. Let's try and keep our lynching focused on the inactive for now.

Oh, btw: thanks, pupper. You will be missed while you are away conning. Who will lead us to the path of pizza righteousness?

And do you think the flavor (heh) will overwhelm real content day 1?
acohrs
Member
(05-17-2017, 03:37 PM)
acohrs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Natiko

Depends. Does Robin like pineapple on his pizza?

No, but another superhero does!

WhereAreMahDragonz
Each thing is the same with itself and different from another; D = D.
(05-17-2017, 03:47 PM)
WhereAreMahDragonz's Avatar
I am very hungry
hey_monkey
Member
(05-17-2017, 03:48 PM)
hey_monkey's Avatar
Same, Dragonz. Was complaining to husband last night that this game is going to be bad for my wallet and my health.
WhereAreMahDragonz
Each thing is the same with itself and different from another; D = D.
(05-17-2017, 04:27 PM)
WhereAreMahDragonz's Avatar

Originally Posted by hey_monkey

Same, Dragonz. Was complaining to husband last night that this game is going to be bad for my wallet and my health.

That's the biggest perk of being single is that u don't have to answer to anyone over your life choices
Dr. Worm
Member
(05-17-2017, 04:58 PM)
Dr. Worm's Avatar
If mafia!Palmer thought that a blue claim would just be left to a cop, you could explain Palmer being the one making the claim as him being Godfather

I believe him, I'm just thinking of ways to not believe him and having trouble with plausibility
Palmer_v1
Member
(05-17-2017, 05:11 PM)
Palmer_v1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr. Worm

If mafia!Palmer thought that a blue claim would just be left to a cop, you could explain Palmer being the one making the claim as him being Godfather

I believe him, I'm just thinking of ways to not believe him and having trouble with plausibility

Godfather is definitely the most plausible version of me being scum. I'd pass cop checks, and wouldn't get caught using any night actions.
WhereAreMahDragonz
Each thing is the same with itself and different from another; D = D.
(05-17-2017, 05:36 PM)
WhereAreMahDragonz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palmer_v1

Godfather is definitely the most plausible version of me being scum. I'd pass cop checks, and wouldn't get caught using any night actions.

If this were true, then why bother claiming at all
Sawneeks
Member
(05-17-2017, 05:37 PM)
Sawneeks's Avatar

Originally Posted by SkyOdin

Can't we ignore roles entirely for just one day? I'm certain we will have plenty regarding them to distract us starting with Day 2, but Day 1 is just about the only day where they have zero relevance to our lynch discussion.

Besides, I am more concerned about scum lynching useful/active townies than important power roles. If Palmer makes himself useful as a scum-hunter, I could care less if he is vanilla, a power role, or even a neutral. If he starts acting scummy, I'll put my vote on him. Simple as that.

What would you classify as a 'useful' Townie?

Originally Posted by Palmer_v1

Which part? One vanilla? That's just the trope. Having multiple ordinaries dilutes the role madness and then what is even the point?

If you mean the claim part, it's just basic logic to me. If I were lying, the risks far outweighs the benefits. I could immediately get counter claimed, or I could get caught by an investigator of some type. I'm basically super townie as long as I stick to this extremely narrow path, but if town ever catches me stepping off, they should rightfully hammer me.

If this was a safe claim provided by sawneeks, why would I waste it? I have a perfect excuse to skate through D1 already. Regardless of that, I've never struggled to act like town anyway. I would have been far better off saving the claim for a more desperate player.

You lost me at this part. :x

Originally Posted by Swamped

I know this reads post was a joke but his Dragonz read is the only clear town read, despite many other gafia players liking pineapple (myself included XD). Just something I'm keeping in mind.

I didn't notice that, thank you for pointing it out.

Originally Posted by Dr. Worm

If mafia!Palmer thought that a blue claim would just be left to a cop, you could explain Palmer being the one making the claim as him being Godfather

I believe him, I'm just thinking of ways to not believe him and having trouble with plausibility

To be honest that's kinda where I'm at as well. I'm so used to 'NO, claiming early is bad' that I'm distrusting Palmer's claim right off the bat but breaking it down leads me to believe this is either a Gambit ( which could be any alignment at this point ) or he's being honest. And Palmer doesn't strike me as one to pull a gambit.
SkyOdin
Member
(05-17-2017, 05:40 PM)
SkyOdin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sawneeks

What would you classify as a 'useful' Townie?

Someone trying to catch scum. Preferably someone who actually catches scum.
WhereAreMahDragonz
Each thing is the same with itself and different from another; D = D.
(05-17-2017, 05:41 PM)
WhereAreMahDragonz's Avatar

Originally Posted by SkyOdin

Someone trying to catch scum. Preferably someone who actually catches scum.

I caught 3 scum at least in Anime and no one listened to me

(⋟﹏⋞)
BlackBuzzard
Member
(05-17-2017, 06:04 PM)
BlackBuzzard's Avatar
Dont make me bring out your D7 scum list ;)
Palmer_v1
Member
(05-17-2017, 06:16 PM)
Palmer_v1's Avatar

Originally Posted by WhereAreMahDragonz

If this were true, then why bother claiming at all

For all the reasons I stated before. That doesn't mean town shouldn't consider alternatives though. IF this was a scum gambit, Godfather is the most likely, followed by switcher, followed by... tailor? The latter doesn't work so well since it only shows up on death, and scum wouldn't throw a player away for that. Switcher could protect me for a few phases while they misdirected any checks on me, and we already discussed why godfather is possible. I was a godfather in WWE already though. I don't need day 1 gambits to play scum well.

Originally Posted by Sawneeks

You lost me at this part. :x

Sorry, I meant Sophia, not you.
WhereAreMahDragonz
Each thing is the same with itself and different from another; D = D.
(05-17-2017, 06:47 PM)
WhereAreMahDragonz's Avatar

Originally Posted by BlackBuzzard

Dont make me bring out your D7 scum list ;)

WhereAreMahDragonz
Each thing is the same with itself and different from another; D = D.
(05-17-2017, 06:49 PM)
WhereAreMahDragonz's Avatar
Link is broken ;_;

Dr. Worm
Member
(05-17-2017, 07:55 PM)
Dr. Worm's Avatar

Originally Posted by WhereAreMahDragonz

If this were true, then why bother claiming at all

To draw the cop to confirm scum as town and divert from scum buddies

It still doesn't mean he could've known the nonexistence of a blue, though, which is why I believe it
hey_monkey
Member
(05-17-2017, 09:24 PM)
hey_monkey's Avatar
VOTE: BlackBuzzard

Looks like our couple of waywards are just away so I won't press yet, even though we're coming up on end of day one of day one.
Dr. Worm
Member
(05-17-2017, 09:30 PM)
Dr. Worm's Avatar

Originally Posted by Natiko

In regards to what Swamped said, there is reasoning behind why I'm skeptical. I just don't feel going into it right now is the best choice.

This reads to me like you're hiding info.

I'll trust your judgement and leave you alone, but... how would you even have info, short of being vanilla yourself?
BlackBuzzard
Member
(05-17-2017, 09:34 PM)
BlackBuzzard's Avatar

Originally Posted by hey_monkey

VOTE: BlackBuzzard

Looks like our couple of waywards are just away so I won't press yet, even though we're coming up on end of day one of day one.

Ah monkey trying to push that train like i did in Anime Mafia so cute she is learning!
Palmer_v1
Member
(05-17-2017, 10:27 PM)
Palmer_v1's Avatar
Basically my last post from a PC until next Monday. Kinda worried about the pace so far. How many people haven't even checked in yet?
Swamped
Member
(05-17-2017, 10:27 PM)
Swamped's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr. Worm

This reads to me like you're hiding info.

I'll trust your judgement and leave you alone, but... how would you even have info, short of being vanilla yourself?

Says he will leave Natiko alone, immediately role fishes щ(゜ロ゜щ)
hey_monkey
Member
(05-17-2017, 10:38 PM)
hey_monkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palmer_v1

Basically my last post from a PC until next Monday. Kinda worried about the pace so far. How many people haven't even checked in yet?

I think just two - Blarg and Stanley.

Originally Posted by BlackBuzzard

Ah monkey trying to push that train like i did in Anime Mafia so cute she is learning!

Well, that's weirdly infantilizing phrasing, but nah, just consider a comment on the fact that you've offered shitall so far but jokes and nonsense and flavor commentary, which is all well and good, but there's some real discussion going on, too. Where you at?
30yearsofhurt
Member
(05-17-2017, 10:45 PM)
30yearsofhurt's Avatar

Originally Posted by SkyOdin

Can't we ignore roles entirely for just one day?

Not sure if we have a choice in a "role madness" game.

Originally Posted by acohrs

I believe Palmer's claim for meta reasons. On D1, scum tend to play really cool and casually as since there's nothing to go on, any variation from the norm might lead to a player's lynch. Don't see scum being so bold as a result.

However, their claim is something to reevaluate on a later day after more data.

vote: 30yearsofhurt

Why do you love the hammer and sheep?

Please explain "love the hammer and sheep".

Originally Posted by hey_monkey


But let's talk about today! You know who I want to see emerge from the depths of his faraway existence?

VOTE: StanleyPalmtree

Surely you can pop in and say hi?

As a fellow antipodean I feel we can see to be hiding when were really just sleeping. he hasn't said much though hey?

Originally Posted by Palmer_v1

Monkey is active so far, at least, and this is basically how she played anime, so it's consistent. Let's try and keep our lynching focused on the inactive for now.

Cabot was active in anime mafia. Hiding in plain sight and like oreo said, town's best player. Until he was scum.

Originally Posted by BlackBuzzard

Not much outside of Palmer's thoughts. everyone else seems to be just having fun shit posting outside of the people that didn't check in yet but ill give them till the end of day 1 of day 1 before i start swapping my vote.

Until we get feedback on roles and people start talking what else are we gonna do in a thread about pineapple pizza?
Natiko
Member
(05-17-2017, 10:45 PM)
Natiko's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr. Worm

This reads to me like you're hiding info.

I'll trust your judgement and leave you alone, but... how would you even have info, short of being vanilla yourself?

As I said, it's nothing definitive. It's not role related.
hey_monkey
Member
(05-17-2017, 10:55 PM)
hey_monkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by 30yearsofhurt

As a fellow antipodean I feel we can see to be hiding when were really just sleeping. he hasn't said much though hey?

He hasn't posted at all in this thread, nor on GAF proper since before the game started, so literally null at this point.
BlackBuzzard
Member
(05-17-2017, 11:05 PM)
BlackBuzzard's Avatar

Originally Posted by hey_monkey

He hasn't posted at all in this thread, nor on GAF proper since before the game started, so literally null at this point.

Monkey just a tip commenting about a persons posting outside of the game thread is frowned upon.
hey_monkey
Member
(05-17-2017, 11:08 PM)
hey_monkey's Avatar
well, shit, let me see how many things I can do wrong in GAFia in day one of this game!
Burbeting
Member
(05-17-2017, 11:37 PM)
Burbeting's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palmer_v1

Godfather is definitely the most plausible version of me being scum. I'd pass cop checks, and wouldn't get caught using any night actions.

I have to agree with Dragonz that I wouldn't see the point of you claiming anything at all if you were godfather. If anything, you would try to act just suspiciously enough to get a cop do a blue check on you, so this seems counterproductive to say the least.
Dr. Worm
Member
(05-17-2017, 11:57 PM)
Dr. Worm's Avatar

Originally Posted by Swamped

Says he will leave Natiko alone, immediately role fishes щ(゜ロ゜щ)

He deserves far worse!

I mean, yes, I'm very sly.
Sawneeks
Member
(05-18-2017, 12:48 AM)
Sawneeks's Avatar
ಠ_ಠ

As I was driving home from class I was thinking 'man, hopefully there isn't too much to catch up on I have a bunch of homework tonight'

but I wasn't expecting it to be this quiet.

let me eat dinner and I'll be back to throw some questions out to hopefully get folks talking. I was hoping after the 24 hour mark too that everyone would have checked in but we're still missing Stan and Blarg, right? Not to mention the people who have maybe posted once so far.

brb
Sophia
Member
(05-18-2017, 12:59 AM)
Sophia's Avatar
As a reminder: The 10 post rule is in effect for this game. I'll try and keep track of the quota in a bit.

Day 1 votes so far

blackbuzzard (2)
natiko 97
hey_monkey 272

blargonaut (2)
burbeting 102
palmer_v1 118

sawneeks (3)
wherearemahdragonz 110
blackbuzzard 130
darryl 147

oreomunsta (1)
hey_monkey 111 (241)
skyodin 112

natiko (0)
acohrs 123 (238)
swamped 236 (239)

sexyfish (1)
sawneeks 131

moonkid (1)
lifeline 132

30yearsofhurt (1)
acohrs 238

hey_monkey (1)
swamped 239

stanleypalmtree (0)
hey_monkey 241 (272)

Majority is 11

Day 1 ends in:

Last edited by Sophia; 05-18-2017 at 01:10 AM.
Sawneeks
Member
(05-18-2017, 02:40 AM)
Sawneeks's Avatar
Now class, I will be back later to grade your assignments. I have my own homework to do and will respond back when I get the chance to, but hopefully this will get the ball rolling and not let it slowly grind to a halt.

01. [m] isaacnukem - New - UTC+8
- You posed a question towards Natiko here but after he answered you never followed up on it. Why? What did you think of the back-and-forth between him and Darryl?

02. [m] Moonkid - New - GMT+12
- Swamped already pointed it out but who do you believe is 'stirring the pot' so far? Also what do you think about Palmer's claim?

03. [they] Darryl - EST
- What are your thoughts on Palmer? Also, what are your thoughts on BB's 'joke' reads list?

04. [m] Lifeline - EST
- I was impressed with your previous game and would like to know what your thoughts/impressions are here so far. Palmer, any players that may stick out to you, and your general thoughts so far?

05. [m] SkyOdin - PDT
- You've mentioned not wanting to lynch 'useful' Townies and hope for better Scum Hunting. Who, if anyone, would you classify as 'useful' right now? Also, since you have mentioned wanting scum hunting Townies to stick around to figure things out, why haven't you done the same? It's early, I know I know, but arguably myself, Darryl, Nat, and slightly BB/Burb got into a light discussion earlier but I don't believe you commented on it at all. Why?

06. [f] hey_monkey - EST
- You mention towards Day End you're going to reevaluate the thread and look for those who aren't 'scum hunting'. Is there anyone currently you feel falls into that hole? Other than those who haven't posted at all, obviously. Also you mentioned feeling worried about giving your full thoughts because it might lead people to 'tunnel' on you. Which do you feel is better for a Townie to do: Give your full thoughts so they may be used later after your lynch/death or keeping things hidden that may be controversial in order to stay alive?

07. [m] SexyFish - EST
- You mentioned that you don't believe Palmer is Scum because doing so is a risk in these 'flavorful fruit-filled times'. What did you mean by this? Also, how do you plan to hunt for Scum in this game? You also mentioned you got lynched last time for being 'too jumpy', how do you plan to change that this time around?

08. [m] Dr. Worm - EST
- I actually don't really have a question for you as you've been kinda giving your thoughts here and there. We've discussed Palmer but is there anyone sticking out to you at all? And why?

09. [m] Palmer_v1 - CST
- So far you've only really played defense as you've mostly just been using time to explain your position and since you'll be busy for the rest of the Day Phase it's kinda hard to ask you for offense. I do see that you mentioned lynching coasters on D1 and my question is how would you decide which coaster to lynch? or what are you specifically looking for when it comes to picking that coaster?

11. [f] Sawneeks - PST
- <3

12. [m] 30yearsofhurt - GMT+10
- Lots of one-sentence jokes here and there. My question to you is what do you look for when scum hunting? And do you believe in lynching an active player or a coasting player today? You also didn't really comment on Palmer's claim; do you believe him? Why or why not?

13. [m] oreomunsta - GMT
- You ignored Palmer's claim and never commented on it. What are your thoughts? Do you believe him? Why?

14. [m] BlackBuzzard - CET
- You ignored it but what do you think of Swamped calling out your joke reads list as having WAMD the only 100% Townie? What do you think of Darryl, Burb, and Nat? Why did you make the reads list?

15. [m] Burbeting - GMT+2
- It's been a bit but what do you plan to do differently between now and the last time we played together ( Quarantine )? Do you support Palmer's idea of lynching coasters today?

16. [m] acohrs - GMT
- You mentioned that you don't believe Palmer is Scum because any deviation from the norm on Day 1 usually leads to someone's lynch. Currently it's look like Palmer won't be lynched, in fact most people are believing him. Does this change your perception of his claim at all? Since he did deviate from the norm but there hasn't been much backlash to it.

17. [m] Natiko - EST
- You mentioned on the last page that there really isn't much to do until Day End where we can reevaluate and look for coasters. However, earlier I mentioned discussing you and BB and I felt like you effectively tried to shut that conversation down. If you don't wish to discuss behavior on Day 1 then what do you plan to do in order to decide who to lynch? If we just 'lynch a coaster' what do you think we will learn from that?

18. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz - MST
- You've mentioned wanting to go back to this moment in the future if Palmer 'misbehaves' in any way to look for reactions and what people said. My question is if you plan to do that why aren't you pushing the people who haven't said anything about Palmer what they think of him?

19. [f] Swamped - EST
- In your 'players to look out for post' you mentioned Burb, Sky, WAMD, and Darryl but what are you current thoughts on them? Do you agree we should lynch a coaster today? Also, Monkey answered your question but you kept the vote there, why?


M.I.A.
10. [m] Blargonaut - GMT
20. [m] StanleyPalmtree - GMT+12

Since you both haven't had the chance to check in yet, general thoughts on the game so far would be great. Even if it's something small and minute, any thoughts would be appreciated.
Palmer_v1
Member
(05-18-2017, 02:46 AM)
Palmer_v1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sawneeks


09. [m] Palmer_v1 - CST .

My preference would be low AND worthless activity > low activity people I can't read (blarg mostly right now) > lowest post count inactive players
Palmer_v1
Member
(05-18-2017, 02:53 AM)
Palmer_v1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Burbeting

I have to agree with Dragonz that I wouldn't see the point of you claiming anything at all if you were godfather. If anything, you would try to act just suspiciously enough to get a cop do a blue check on you, so this seems counterproductive to say the least.

i don't think any version of my claim would be a good idea for scum. That's the entire point. Of all the ways to fuck up though, godfather would have the least negative impact.
Darryl
Member
(05-18-2017, 02:55 AM)
Darryl's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sawneeks

That's because I am uncertain, we're picking at semantics here and I'm still trying to get my bearings on playing again because I haven't played since early January and it's taking me a bit to get back into things. I feel like I'm grasping at straws but I'm also not willing to let conversation trail off and die while waiting for something else to appear. I'd at least like to try even if I'm not entirely confident in what I'm doing.

As for 'prospective wrong-doing' I'm assuming you mean my response towards understanding your logic even if I don't agree? That was towards your accusation me of working with Nat and BB. I can see where your logic came to that ( 'who else talked with BB in a way I felt was weird? Oh, Saw!' ) but I don't agree with your conclusion about it. That first part however was my bad, I definitely worded that poorly. What I meant to say was that Burb's question did not come across the way you felt that it did and I wanted to comment on that myself. I still have trouble seeing how you interpreted Burb's question in that way to throw this around on me and that's what I was trying to convey.

At the same time I don't feel strongly enough about my disagreement of your opinion here to climb to the rooftops and yell "I DISAGREE WITH DARRYL AND THEREFORE THINK HE IS SCUM". It's more of a 'yeah, okay, I guess I can see that? i wouldn't have come to that conclusion but ok' kind of a disagreement. Call it a passive shade throw if you want to but I don't take every weird thing I see and yell at someone about it, that's not how I play. :x

I am having a real problem with the words that you're choosing to use to explain yourself.

Like this, for example:

Originally Posted by Sawneeks

That's because I am uncertain

Originally Posted by Sawneeks

( 'who else talked with BB in a way I felt was weird? Oh, Saw!' ) but I don't agree with your conclusion about it.

Originally Posted by Sawneeks

"I DISAGREE WITH DARRYL

You're either town or you're scum. In the first line, you state that you're uncertain. I don't know how you can be uncertain, from your perspective, about any of this since it comes alongside a scum accusation your way. If you're town, it's all factually wrong and the fact that it is wrong is the only thing in this game that has any proof for you. This seems like a very cut-and-dry series of events. In the second line, you argue that you don't agree with my prior argument that it felt like you and BB had forced interactions. "don't agree", is very weak and emotionally-removed wording to use, assuming you are town.
Natiko
Member
(05-18-2017, 03:01 AM)
Natiko's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sawneeks

17. [m] Natiko - EST
- You mentioned on the last page that there really isn't much to do until Day End where we can reevaluate and look for coasters. However, earlier I mentioned discussing you and BB and I felt like you effectively tried to shut that conversation down. If you don't wish to discuss behavior on Day 1 then what do you plan to do in order to decide who to lynch? If we just 'lynch a coaster' what do you think we will learn from that?

Apparently the theme of this game for me is being misunderstood. My comment was intended to mean that discussing a coaster lynch isn't something that can even be done well on D1 until near day end. Effectively saying, "that's a valid avenue to discuss but currently it doesn't have much merit". Can't really point out coasters before half the members are playing. Even with D1 being a shit show usually there are better things to do than spend 72 hours discussing a topic that can't be assessed yet.

I also already told you I can understand why the shit posting becaome a topic of conversation, but I know my alignment and thus would rather we not fall prey to the same mistakes that has doomed town in almost every game since I joined last year.
Darryl
Member
(05-18-2017, 03:02 AM)
Darryl's Avatar
I think Palmer's vanilla townie claim is unimportant for how I play. Coming from Palmer, this would be a claim he would be just as likely to make as town, neutral or mafia. It really doesn't catch my eye at all.

I almost always ignore the PR claims that don't appear significant unless there is a reason to believe they're significant. I've been quite honest in a lot of games that I've played about not having known what a lot of the claimed PRs even did, and not caring to look them up. I don't think I really care about the calculation of PRs unless they're really interesting and I care more about reading and interpreting the intentions of posters. I don't want to get distracted by the flash and glam of PRs.
SkyOdin
Member
(05-18-2017, 03:46 AM)
SkyOdin's Avatar
Sawneeks, I haven't yet developed strong reads on anyone just yet. I was hoping to wait a bit longer to give players a chance to post more before I weigh in.

My relative quiet so far is also partially the result of my laptop deciding it doesn't want to see my Wi-Fi Network anymore. I have had to switch to following and posting entirely via mobile this game, which is impacting my ability to make long posts.

Now, are you asking for my criteria for lynching players or my current town reads? I don't like clinging to a specific word such as "useful", since it drags discussion off-course.
StanleyPalmtree
Member
(05-18-2017, 04:17 AM)
StanleyPalmtree's Avatar
everyone, its oh-kay. you can stop panicking, call back the search parties, get my face of the mil cartons, and HeyMonkey can stop voting m- oh hey she already has how nice.

im here.

for real tho i just completely missed the game was starting yesterday, thank the robit overlord for saving me from myself.

as for actual comments on the game, i dont have a whole lot to say, majority is pineapple smack-talk/bravado (which is fun enough, but gonna get old real quick), and what isnt comes off more as bickering than really fruitful discussion, but at least it gets people voices out there so hey it might be useful in the long run.

one thing however that did stick out to me in my hurried catch up is in regards to Palmers claim, the claim itself i took pretty neutrally, with no reason to believe or refute it right now. but what did give me bad vibes is how since making it he has subtly but consistently pushed the idea that he is 'semi-confirmed', and some seem to be buying it. its complete bs, he isnt any more confirmed than anyone else here.
StanleyPalmtree
Member
(05-18-2017, 04:21 AM)
StanleyPalmtree's Avatar
/\ that was supposed to be Milk cartons

Originally Posted by BlackBuzzard

Read list
20. [m] StanleyPalmtree - GMT+12 Some kind of tree didn't say much last game, must be because he is a tree

hadnt even posted yet and BB got me completely figured out, damn i feel outclassed.

Originally Posted by Moonkid

Yup, Korean-Kiwi to be exact. I actually got my citizenship just the other week, bit overdue since I've been here pretty much my entire life.

ayyyyyy another Kiwi, im finally not alone!
Sawneeks
Member
(05-18-2017, 04:46 AM)
Sawneeks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Darryl

I am having a real problem with the words that you're choosing to use to explain yourself.

Like this, for example:



You're either town or you're scum. In the first line, you state that you're uncertain. I don't know how you can be uncertain, from your perspective, about any of this since it comes alongside a scum accusation your way. If you're town, it's all factually wrong and the fact that it is wrong is the only thing in this game that has any proof for you. This seems like a very cut-and-dry series of events. In the second line, you argue that you don't agree with my prior argument that it felt like you and BB had forced interactions. "don't agree", is very weak and emotionally-removed wording to use, assuming you are town.

You're misinterpreting what I'm saying.

My response that you called hesitant can be found in your post here and I responded in this post here. My uncertainty was not towards your accusation against me which I detailed:

"That's because I am uncertain, we're picking at semantics here and I'm still trying to get my bearings on playing again because I haven't played since early January and it's taking me a bit to get back into things. I feel like I'm grasping at straws but I'm also not willing to let conversation trail off and die while waiting for something else to appear. I'd at least like to try even if I'm not entirely confident in what I'm doing."

My uncertainty was in what direction to go in and what path I should take to try and find answers since it had been so long since I last played. At the same time, as I said above, I did not want conversation to simply die off while trying to figure that out and that's why I still responded to you despite not feeling entirely confident with that line after you answered my question. Hence the "I mean, I can at least understand-ish your logic for my vote now even if I don't agree with it I suppose" line that you called out as being too hesitant.

And before you go and say 'well how could you be uncertain with that line if you know I'm wrong' let me finish. As I said in the quote you pulled "It's more of a 'yeah, okay, I guess I can see that? i wouldn't have come to that conclusion but ok' kind of a disagreement" and I specifically said I don't take every weird thing and weird disagreement and go 'look! Scum!' and drill in like how you play. Just because I know you're wrong in your conclusion doesn't mean I also think you're Scum for doing so.

Originally Posted by Natiko

Apparently the theme of this game for me is being misunderstood. My comment was intended to mean that discussing a coaster lynch isn't something that can even be done well on D1 until near day end. Effectively saying, "that's a valid avenue to discuss but currently it doesn't have much merit". Can't really point out coasters before half the members are playing. Even with D1 being a shit show usually there are better things to do than spend 72 hours discussing a topic that can't be assessed yet.

I also already told you I can understand why the shit posting becaome a topic of conversation, but I know my alignment and thus would rather we not fall prey to the same mistakes that has doomed town in almost every game since I joined last year.

Okay, then if there are better things to discuss and you don't want to discuss one of these things - what do you want to talk about?

Originally Posted by SkyOdin

Sawneeks, I haven't yet developed strong reads on anyone just yet. I was hoping to wait a bit longer to give players a chance to post more before I weigh in.

My relative quiet so far is also partially the result of my laptop deciding it doesn't want to see my Wi-Fi Network anymore. I have had to switch to following and posting entirely via mobile this game, which is impacting my ability to make long posts.

Now, are you asking for my criteria for lynching players or my current town reads? I don't like clinging to a specific word such as "useful", since it drags discussion off-course.

Hope your laptop gets fixed soon!

We'll drop the 'useful' title then but since you don't feel like you have strong reads my question still remains of what you think of the discussion that myself, Darryl, Nat, and BB/Burb got into towards the start of the Day Phase since you never gave thoughts on it. Also what you want people to 'weigh in' on when they're here since you've never really put questions out to people.
Natiko
Member
(05-18-2017, 05:01 AM)
Natiko's Avatar
If there was a subject or player standing out to me in a distinct enough manner that I felt should be discussed then I already would be.
SkyOdin
Member
(05-18-2017, 05:19 AM)
SkyOdin's Avatar
Sawneeks, after going back to read the whole argument, I am somewhat unsure of what to say. To my inexperienced eyes, Natiko and BB were just exchanging shitposts (to use the commonly used jargon). Burbeting stepped in with a bold move to put pressure on people to get discussion on track, and then Darryl followed suit by pushing the dial to eleven. But, being a highly agressive is how I remember Darryl playing in previous games.

Now, BB was a player (alongside Dragonz) that I spent all of anime-mafia misreading as scum. So I am somewhat unwilling to make an opinion on him yet. However, I think Burbeting is correct to focus on how different players interact. On the other hand, I think Darryl is just making wild jumps in logic to keep people off-guard. Whether or not he is a town trying to slip up scum players or a scum trying to keep people guessing, I am not sure yet. I tend to prefer it when someone uses clearer logic, and I am not sure why he turned all of this on you.
WhereAreMahDragonz
Each thing is the same with itself and different from another; D = D.
(05-18-2017, 05:50 AM)
WhereAreMahDragonz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sawneeks

18. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz - MST
- You've mentioned wanting to go back to this moment in the future if Palmer 'misbehaves' in any way to look for reactions and what people said. My question is if you plan to do that why aren't you pushing the people who haven't said anything about Palmer what they think of him?

I'm looking for natural reactions. Checking back on such posts in response to Dusk's gambit in Mafia allowed me to hone in on 3 scum. I didn't know it at the time, but I should have pushed my reads harder that game. I don't intend on making the same mistake twice, but if I push and someone gives me a fabricated answer in an attempt to appear town, that's not doing anyone any good.
hey_monkey
Member
(05-18-2017, 05:57 AM)
hey_monkey's Avatar
Oh, yay! Happenings!

Originally Posted by Natiko

If there was a subject or player standing out to me in a distinct enough manner that I felt should be discussed then I already would be.

( -_・)?

I'm not sure how to read this in light of the noncommittal noises about your Palmer skepticism. You obviously felt there was something worth mentioning, but you didn't actually mention anything. Are you saving yourself an opportunity for later?

Originally Posted by SkyOdin

Now, BB was a player (alongside Dragonz) that I spent all of anime-mafia misreading as scum. So I am somewhat unwilling to make an opinion on him yet.

As ever, I enjoy your analysis. BB, though, I feel is having a very different start. I can understand your point here but there's a very tangible shift.

Thread Tools