• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

AusGAF (2016) : Page 152
Ruthless_Barbarian
(04-21-2017, 01:06 AM)
Accepted an offer on my house. Will be homeless in a month.
Quasar
(04-21-2017, 03:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Stackboy

I just want console apps for Amazon Video and im onboard.

Its on my PS4 and Nvidia Shield.
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(04-21-2017, 03:25 AM)
Wrong thread lol
Rizzi
(04-21-2017, 04:11 AM)
Apparently the release date for Puyo Puyo Tetris has changed to the 12th of May here.
viciouskillersquirrel
NeoGAF's Emotion Exchequer Extraordinaire
(04-21-2017, 04:46 AM)

Originally Posted by r1chard

But then there's GST, tax on the salary, super, insurance I think, ...

Technically, you don't need to pay yourself super when you're self employed, the idea being that you're building a business with equity and that this equity will serve as your retirement fund. But yeah, if you're working full time, pay yourself super.

Professional indemnity insurance is a must, as is setting aside income tax. Unless you're turning over ridiculous money or have a wide variety of clients, I wouldn't bother with an accountant. The ATO has guides for setting yourself up.
r1chard
(04-21-2017, 04:53 AM)
Thanks for the contracting advice, folks! I talked to an accountant and he was a little mystified as to why I was talking to him. It was kinda surreal actually. Like seriously, there was this "why are you bothering me" attitude.

Since it's only a 3 month contract, I don't think I'll need to BAS (I won't pull in more than $75k) and the other stuff seems easy enough to deal with (tho I still need to learn more about insurance and I'm going to have to buy a laptop).

Originally Posted by Ruthless_Barbarian

Nice work! I hear (from various news outlets) that homelessness is quite the lifestyle. (seriously: congrats)
reptilescorpio
(04-21-2017, 05:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Ruthless_Barbarian

Debt free! Yay!
Ruthless_Barbarian
(04-21-2017, 07:45 AM)

Originally Posted by r1chard

Nice work! I hear (from various news outlets) that homelessness is quite the lifestyle. (seriously: congrats)

Originally Posted by reptilescorpio

Debt free! Yay!

Seriously. Hated the 4 years I was tied down with mortgage. Now I have the freedom to do things on my own pace and also have a backup of funds for the future.

It was nice having my own place but the costs of owning a house really add up over time, and having to set aside a good chunk of your pay for repayments, council fees and other costs just binds you down.
ShortRaver
(04-21-2017, 03:29 PM)
I keep forgetting about this thread! I've now got it subscribed since finally making use of the tool!

Anyway... I'm just going to sob about Hawthorn FC being at the bottom of the ladder for a while.
Franziska
(04-22-2017, 03:26 AM)
Hi AusGAF,

Are there any retailers stocking physical Persona 5 for the PS3?

My local EBGames/JB Hi-Fi/Big W only have the PS4 release.

Google yields mightyape but at at $96+ shipping....
reptilescorpio
(04-22-2017, 06:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Franziska

Hi AusGAF,

Nothing local sorry, best to import from Base or OzGameShop
OfTheOverflow
(04-22-2017, 06:50 AM)
Attended the March for Science in Sydney today which was great, and incidentally ended at Sydney's 'Humamz House Party' where I could listen to the new Gorillaz album in full! Then Pence's motorcade went past and ruined a great day haha
ShortRaver
(04-22-2017, 09:25 AM)

Originally Posted by reptilescorpio

Nothing local sorry, best to import from Base or OzGameShop

I thought OzGameShop was a local outfit?
ClivePwned
(04-22-2017, 09:45 AM)

Originally Posted by ShortRaver

I thought OzGameShop was a local outfit?

nope its 365 games based in the UK. OGS is the same, just charging you in Australian dollars (so no currency conversion fees) but its still coming from the UK
radaxian
(04-22-2017, 12:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Franziska

Hi AusGAF,

I know you said physical, but the digital version of P5 on PS3 is $70 (and cheaper than PS4 at $100)
roosters93
(04-22-2017, 12:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Shaneus

FYI, ABC iView has the entire first season of The Games available to stream. I'd never seen it before, but I loved the first episode!

Ooh nice! I've been wanting to watch it for the first time too when I saw some footage after he passed
Quasar
(04-22-2017, 12:51 PM)

Originally Posted by roosters93

Ooh nice! I've been wanting to watch it for the first time too when I saw some footage after he passed

It really was great watching it at the time.
roosters93
(Today, 09:57 AM)
I was wanting to watch the games but I'm currently living in Korea so I was about to try and find a vpn that would give me an aussie ip but stumbled upon something even better.

Found a little program called iviewripper (and one for sbs on demand called sbsripper) that displays the whole iview database and lets you download anything... so convenient
reptilescorpio
(Today, 10:38 AM)

Originally Posted by roosters93

I was wanting to watch the games but I'm currently living in Korea so I was about to try and find a vpn that would give me an aussie ip but stumbled upon something even better.

Found a little program called iviewripper (and one for sbs on demand called sbsripper) that displays the whole iview database and lets you download anything... so convenient

Oooooooooooooo that's nice.

Also protip for Youtube, if people find videos are geoblocked replace 'tube' with 'pak'.