• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

PshycoNinja
Member
(04-13-2017, 06:39 PM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by KDC720

Finished it earlier tonight, actually the first FF I've finished all the way through, although I've only played 2 others.

Final time was about 40 hours, found the game very enjoyable if not incredibly uneven. The open world stuff was probably the best in terms of gameplay, and the combat system didn't really wear on me despite it being pretty basic. I loved the look of the world as well, mystical fantasy objects and creatures combined with bits of classic Americana and a dose of anime, its a strange combination that worked surprisingly well. The second half was far more linear and set piece focused, but the story kicked into high gear here.

The four leads were all great in their own right, despite basically being the standard Ninja Turtles personality types, I really liked their friendship. It's true the side characters don't get a lot of depth, and there were times I was kind of confused in terms of lore, and some portions of the game were clearly cut for DLC.

I loved the final chapter though I got so hype when the gang, all grown up,
got all suited up and went into Insomnia to take it back
, and I thought the ending was pretty much perfect. I was tearing up during the mid-credits campfire scene.

Awesome! :D

Glad you enjoyed it! I also particularly enjoy the final fights and final moments of the story. Ardyn is just so good!!!
Toth
Member
(04-14-2017, 03:37 AM)
Toth's Avatar

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja

Awesome! :D

Glad you enjoyed it! I also particularly enjoy the final fights and final moments of the story. Ardyn is just so good!!!

I am really looking forward to that Ardyn DLC to really spice up the FFXV lore. Best FF villain in a loooong time.
Last edited by Toth; 04-18-2017 at 02:34 AM.
PshycoNinja
Member
(04-14-2017, 07:49 PM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar
I agree. Ardyn is the best villain FF has had since the PS1 days.

Also I would spoiler tag that. Some people who come here haven't finished the game.
Amon37
Member
(04-15-2017, 07:52 AM)
One shotting adamantoise with ring of lucii is hilarious.
evolve9
Junior Member
(04-15-2017, 08:40 AM)
evolve9's Avatar
Costlemark tower can go fuck itself. I barely came out alive from that place, that maze "puzzle" doesn't make any bloody sense. I started crying when I got dropped in that big room with 3 Red Giants for the fifth time. I don't even know how I got through it, thank god the final boss of the dungeon is easy.

Other than that, the post-game is hands-down the best content this game has to offer. I'm really surprised at how much ejoyment I'm getting from this and I think I'm just scratching the surface now. There's loads to do and nothing's too grindy or annoying (I still have PTSD from FFX's post-game lol).
v0mitg0d
Member
(04-16-2017, 11:48 PM)
v0mitg0d's Avatar
Ok, I've had this game since December. I've unwrapped it and its now downloading a 16GB patch.

My question to you folks with PS4 Pros and 4K TVs. Lite or High mode? Which do you find more satisfying? DF says Lite due to frame pacing.

Also, any tips for a newb? what to not waste time on?
Arkeband
Member
(04-17-2017, 07:34 PM)
Arkeband's Avatar
Those hilariously stupid Cindymobile skins from Carbuncle Surprise are being sent out today, it only took them like half a year to figure their shit out. Got one in my inbox earlier.
ShinoguTakeruKoeru
Member
(04-18-2017, 02:58 AM)
ShinoguTakeruKoeru's Avatar
The FFXV and Kingsglaive FFXV 99 cent PSN downloads are going to be delisted after tomorrow.

So uh... do these have the ability to transfer MP3s out of the app onto a USB stick or whatnot? Because of not, then why even get this when it's going to be de-activated after mid-June?
SilverArrow20XX
Member
(04-18-2017, 05:23 AM)
SilverArrow20XX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Arkeband

Those hilariously stupid Cindymobile skins from Carbuncle Surprise are being sent out today, it only took them like half a year to figure their shit out. Got one in my inbox earlier.

Yup. Got mine earlier today too. It's been on the store for $0.50 for how long now? I wasn't expecting to ever get it.
Darkone
Member
(04-19-2017, 11:13 AM)
Darkone's Avatar
Any upcoming update should add harder difficulty from the first play threw?
valkyre
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:23 PM)
valkyre's Avatar
Have they fixed the atrocious framepacing, or atleast provide a lock to 30 fps for the lite mode as it was before?
PshycoNinja
Member
(04-19-2017, 08:24 PM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by Darkone

Any upcoming update should add harder difficulty from the first play threw?

That would be cool. Ask @FFXVEN and @FFXVJP, so that way they know it's wanted. Would be cool to see it happen.
Vashetti
Member
(04-19-2017, 09:14 PM)
Vashetti's Avatar

Originally Posted by valkyre

Have they fixed the atrocious framepacing, or atleast provide a lock to 30 fps for the lite mode as it was before?

Nope.
LordKasual
Member
(04-19-2017, 09:27 PM)

Originally Posted by valkyre

Have they fixed the atrocious framepacing, or atleast provide a lock to 30 fps for the lite mode as it was before?

Have you played the new Lite mode on Pro?

Because for the life of me, i can't understand why anyone would want the game locked at 30fps when it has no problem easily staying 10 frames above that. The game feels very noticeably smoother and chaotic scenes are that much easier to follow...and when it is running at/near 60 it feels like a completely different game.

it's just objectively better, which is probably why they didn't bother making a third "30fps only" option...
henhowc
(04-19-2017, 09:48 PM)
henhowc's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordKasual

Have you played the new Lite mode on Pro?

Because for the life of me, i can't understand why anyone would want the game locked at 30fps when it has no problem easily staying 10 frames above that. The game feels very noticeably smoother and chaotic scenes are that much easier to follow...and when it is running at/near 60 it feels like a completely different game.

it's just objectively better, which is probably why they didn't bother making a third "30fps only" option...

there are many in the camp that would prefer a locked 30 to unlocked frame rate.

unlocked never bothered me in games like infamous and Tomb raider but i wouldn't call it objectively better.
OriginalJonty
Junior Member
(04-20-2017, 08:10 AM)
OriginalJonty's Avatar
My party is going to be so overlevelled when I finish Chapter 3. Currently level 34 and I'm focusing on doing all the side quests and hunts.
valkyre
Member
(04-20-2017, 11:29 AM)
valkyre's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordKasual

Have you played the new Lite mode on Pro?

Because for the life of me, i can't understand why anyone would want the game locked at 30fps when it has no problem easily staying 10 frames above that. The game feels very noticeably smoother and chaotic scenes are that much easier to follow...and when it is running at/near 60 it feels like a completely different game.

it's just objectively better, which is probably why they didn't bother making a third "30fps only" option...

I have played it and since then I put the game on hold (for forever it seems).

Just as you are baffled towards me, I am baffled towards you, concerning how you can play this way.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(04-20-2017, 12:31 PM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by OriginalJonty

My party is going to be so overlevelled when I finish Chapter 3. Currently level 34 and I'm focusing on doing all the side quests and hunts.

Jesus lol you about to be coasting
jbug617
Member
(04-20-2017, 01:53 PM)
jbug617's Avatar
Tabata and his team visited Turn 10 yesterday. Getting the Scorpio patch ready?

https://mobile.twitter.com/billgiese...45467371962368
Toth
Member
(04-20-2017, 02:25 PM)
Toth's Avatar
It's been a bit since the last ATR. I hope they are preparing another one for the spring and summer updates. Still hoping for some kind of hard mode.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(04-20-2017, 02:28 PM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Toth

It's been a bit since the last ATR. I hope they are preparing another one for the spring and summer updates. Still hoping for some kind of hard mode.

My guess is next month maybe? Gotta show off episode prompto soon. And where's my power ranger suits
OriginalJonty
Junior Member
(04-20-2017, 11:52 PM)
OriginalJonty's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Jesus lol you about to be coasting

Experience just gets thrown out. I got 2000 xp for picking vegetables!
Toth
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:43 AM)
Toth's Avatar

Originally Posted by OriginalJonty

Experience just gets thrown out. I got 2000 xp for picking vegetables!

The game would have been so much better if they halved / eliminated the exp given per side quest and gave AP too. Then story quests that would reward the same amount of XP as now would have allow gamers to not overlevel like they could and the trade-off being more abilities from all the AP to use earlier in the game.
henhowc
(04-21-2017, 05:29 AM)
henhowc's Avatar

Originally Posted by jbug617

Tabata and his team visited Turn 10 yesterday. Getting the Scorpio patch ready?

https://mobile.twitter.com/billgiese...45467371962368

be cooler if they went there to talk about programing cars
PshycoNinja
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:04 AM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by valkyre

Have they fixed the atrocious framepacing, or atleast provide a lock to 30 fps for the lite mode as it was before?

Originally Posted by Vashetti

Nope.

Originally Posted by henhowc

there are many in the camp that would prefer a locked 30 to unlocked frame rate.

unlocked never bothered me in games like infamous and Tomb raider but i wouldn't call it objectively better.

You guys jumped the gun a little, huh? New patch next week adding new mode for PS4 Pro.
OriginalJonty
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 03:26 PM)
OriginalJonty's Avatar

Originally Posted by Toth

The game would have been so much better if they halved / eliminated the exp given per side quest and gave AP too. Then story quests that would reward the same amount of XP as now would have allow gamers to not overlevel like they could and the trade-off being more abilities from all the AP to use earlier in the game.

More AP would be nice but if you invest early in the Exploration tab in Ascension AP comes pretty quickly just from walking/driving about.
badcrumble
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:52 PM)
badcrumble's Avatar

Originally Posted by Toth

The game would have been so much better if they halved / eliminated the exp given per side quest and gave AP too. Then story quests that would reward the same amount of XP as now would have allow gamers to not overlevel like they could and the trade-off being more abilities from all the AP to use earlier in the game.

Yep. I think that'd be a much better balance for the game (and much better reason to actually do sidequests, whereas 1000 xp is essentially worthless).
Septimus Prime
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:45 PM)
Septimus Prime's Avatar

Originally Posted by OriginalJonty

More AP would be nice but if you invest early in the Exploration tab in Ascension AP comes pretty quickly just from walking/driving about.

The problem was always the 999 nodes. Their combined AP cost is higher than the combined cost of the rest of the board by quite a lot, and some of their effects aren't even that good. Banking that amount of AP without either specifically grinding for it or taking advantage of timed quests isn't fun and isn't—in my opinion—a reasonable expectation of players.
PshycoNinja
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:18 PM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar
Famitsu awarded FFXV with multiple awards including the Famitsu Award, Noctis the Best Character, and the MVP Award for Tabby.

Tabby also made a video accepting the awards, though I can't find it now for some strange reason...
badcrumble
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:36 PM)
badcrumble's Avatar

Originally Posted by Septimus Prime

The problem was always the 999 nodes. Their combined AP cost is higher than the combined cost of the rest of the board by quite a lot, and some of their effects aren't even that good. Banking that amount of AP without either specifically grinding for it or taking advantage of timed quests isn't fun and isn't—in my opinion—a reasonable expectation of players.

Also a bunch of the 333 nodes have pretty crappy effects (like the experience-from-fishing one).

Honestly, I think the game should be rebalanced to give the player a lot more AP (like the effects of the Fanfare accessories really should be Ascension grid abilities), rebalance the cost of some of these nodes, and to add a bunch of new nodes with new abilities to improve your party members, to improve magic, et cetera.
Lnds500
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:41 PM)
Lnds500's Avatar

Originally Posted by badcrumble

Also a bunch of the 333 nodes have pretty crappy effects (like the experience-from-fishing one).

Honestly, I think the game should be rebalanced to give the player a lot more AP (like the effects of the Fanfare accessories really should be Ascension grid abilities), rebalance the cost of some of these nodes, and to add a bunch of new nodes with new abilities to improve your party members, to improve magic, et cetera.

Yep. If anything, this games scream unbalanced - in more ways that the Ascension grid.
Septimus Prime
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:51 PM)
Septimus Prime's Avatar

Originally Posted by badcrumble

Also a bunch of the 333 nodes have pretty crappy effects (like the experience-from-fishing one).

Honestly, I think the game should be rebalanced to give the player a lot more AP (like the effects of the Fanfare accessories really should be Ascension grid abilities), rebalance the cost of some of these nodes, and to add a bunch of new nodes with new abilities to improve your party members, to improve magic, et cetera.

Yeah, I agree.

Regarding the 333 nodes, though, I will say that I think even the bad ones are still far more reasonable than any 999 node. 333 is a lot of AP, but it's still doesn't take too long to bank, as long as you're willing to forego a handful of cheaper abilities. The 999 ones, though, expect you to forego pretty much the entire board for them, which is nonsense.
AlexFlame116
Member
(04-21-2017, 10:08 PM)
AlexFlame116's Avatar
EDIT: Never mind I got it!
Last edited by AlexFlame116; 04-22-2017 at 04:10 AM.
PshycoNinja
Member
(04-24-2017, 06:41 PM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar
Many new things coming to FFXV this week including the collaboration with Terra Battle (Music and car theme), Afrojack (the Afrosword), as well as the addition of Stable Mode to PS4 Pro.

Terra Battle Collab:









AfroSword:
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/1...pon-announced/







Stable Mode:

Last edited by PshycoNinja; 04-24-2017 at 09:39 PM.
MilkBeard
Member
(04-26-2017, 09:36 PM)
MilkBeard's Avatar
Just got back into the game after finishing Dark Souls 3 DLC. Felt nice actually, feels fun to play, and can't wait to jump back in. I just reached Altissia, and shit's about to go down soon.
Vashetti
Member
(04-26-2017, 09:37 PM)
Vashetti's Avatar
Patch is tomorrow, right?
MilkBeard
Member
(04-26-2017, 10:17 PM)
MilkBeard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vashetti

Patch is tomorrow, right?

Yup, supposedly. I wonder when it will hit. It's already 27th for me, so I'm curious if I will be able to play with the updates or not today.
Seraphis Cain
bad gameplay lol
(04-26-2017, 10:30 PM)
Seraphis Cain's Avatar
Went back a couple days ago and got the Platinum. Getting Gladio's survival skill up to 10 (from 9.5) was a slog and required running across 3/4 of the map on foot, but other than that it wasn't so bad. Finally ran through Costlemark for the last Armiger, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Last trophy I needed was Adamantoise, and by that point I kinda felt like I was done, so I just cheesed him with the ring. :lol I'll go back and fight him legit someday, I'm sure.

Anyway, even with the Platinum I still feel like I have plenty to do (only did one sealed door dungeon, still have hunts to do, still have a handful of side-quests, haven't even touched Chocobo racing, etc.). Definitely think I'll end up coming back at some point to do all of it. Hell, even after 70-ish hours, I haven't seen the Titan summon once. So yeah, still plenty reason to come back.

Love this game, definitely my favorite of last year. :D
PshycoNinja
Member
(04-27-2017, 06:10 AM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by MilkBeard

Yup, supposedly. I wonder when it will hit. It's already 27th for me, so I'm curious if I will be able to play with the updates or not today.

It's available right now, actually. :)

Originally Posted by Seraphis Cain

Went back a couple days ago and got the Platinum. Getting Gladio's survival skill up to 10 (from 9.5) was a slog and required running across 3/4 of the map on foot, but other than that it wasn't so bad. Finally ran through Costlemark for the last Armiger, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Last trophy I needed was Adamantoise, and by that point I kinda felt like I was done, so I just cheesed him with the ring. :lol I'll go back and fight him legit someday, I'm sure.

Anyway, even with the Platinum I still feel like I have plenty to do (only did one sealed door dungeon, still have hunts to do, still have a handful of side-quests, haven't even touched Chocobo racing, etc.). Definitely think I'll end up coming back at some point to do all of it. Hell, even after 70-ish hours, I haven't seen the Titan summon once. So yeah, still plenty reason to come back.

Love this game, definitely my favorite of last year. :D

That's awesome to hear! Don't forget about timed quests that are being implemented back in today! Gives you a reason to come back often to get new items, titles, and fun little hunts to do. :D
MilkBeard
Member
(04-27-2017, 09:37 AM)
MilkBeard's Avatar

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja

It's available right now, actually. :)


Yep, right on time. Downloaded as soon as I woke up. Been doing some quests in Altissia, I think I'll go play around the world a bit before pushing the story forward. I want to upgrade this Blood Sword. It was pretty badass in Duscae, but it feels like they nerfed its power and visual effects in the full game, which is a bit of a bummer.
Last edited by MilkBeard; 04-27-2017 at 09:40 AM.
neoism
Member
(04-27-2017, 02:39 PM)
neoism's Avatar
so 1.09 wont download 😡😡😡😡😭😭😭
Vashetti
Member
(04-27-2017, 03:01 PM)
Vashetti's Avatar
Is the fishing stuff the only timed quest at the moment?
Minamu
Member
(04-27-2017, 07:33 PM)
Minamu's Avatar
Anyone got any tips for the fishing timed quest? I caught 17 fishes but the leaderboards have people at 160+ in an hour :lol I just want points for the sword/ap.
PshycoNinja
Member
(04-27-2017, 08:46 PM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vashetti

Is the fishing stuff the only timed quest at the moment?

Seems like it. But there will be a new one next week.
ultima786
Junior Member
(04-28-2017, 12:18 AM)
Do you think the fact that the timed event was "fishing" may indicate that they'll add some indepth side quests for future timed quests? This game deserves more than its fetchy-questy sidequests
SoulUnison
Member
(04-28-2017, 04:36 AM)
SoulUnison's Avatar

Originally Posted by ultima786

Do you think the fact that the timed event was "fishing" may indicate that they'll add some indepth side quests for future timed quests? This game deserves more than its fetchy-questy sidequests

I've always felt that one of the best thing they could do would be to release full fledged side quests as "Timed Quests" and then just leave them in the game permanently with reduced rewards once their "featured period" was over.

However, that'd probably just get even more people screaming "Early Access game!"
MilkBeard
Member
(04-28-2017, 08:38 AM)
MilkBeard's Avatar
Finished chapter 9. You can put me firmly into the 'chapter 9 is cool' camp.

Also: I haven't seen anyone mention how they actually made Ignis' blindness as part of the gameplay for a while (at least in chapter 10). This is quite surprising,
as video games rarely show injury as a mechanic, outside if story purposes. Props to the devs for actually doing this instead of just making him sit it out for some time.
Last edited by MilkBeard; 04-28-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Ludens
Member
(04-28-2017, 03:49 PM)
Ludens's Avatar
Why 1.09 is 17gb for me? It should be almost 5 gb. I have the previous patch installed and Gladio dlc too, digital version. Yesterday the game wouldn't download the patch giving me an error, today it works but the patch is 4x the size it should be.
Toth
Member
(04-28-2017, 05:10 PM)
Toth's Avatar
Geez, I fished like crazy at Quay and still only got 60. How are people catching 140+ in an hour???

I have mid gear fish equipment so perhaps the speed is THAT noticeable?
PshycoNinja
Member
(04-28-2017, 07:02 PM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by SoulUnison

I've always felt that one of the best thing they could do would be to release full fledged side quests as "Timed Quests" and then just leave them in the game permanently with reduced rewards once their "featured period" was over.

However, that'd probably just get even more people screaming "Early Access game!"

Yeah and that's what kills me, too.

I'd love for them to do that, too, but I would also be afraid of the backlash from people. I personally would tell them to screw the haters and do the things they want and make the content they want to make.

Originally Posted by MilkBeard

Finished chapter 9. You can put me firmly into the 'chapter 9 is cool' camp.

Also: I haven't seen anyone mention how they actually made Ignis' blindness as part of the gameplay for a while (at least in chapter 10). This is quite surprising,
as video games rarely show injury as a mechanic, outside if story purposes. Props to the devs for actually doing this instead of just making him sit it out for some time.

Awesome! :D

Also, yeah, I like that they did that. I agree it's a shame people don't mention it more often. But then again most people are too busy hating/defending the game to talk about what things it does right and what memorable things the game does. Glad you enjoyed that part, though!

Originally Posted by Ludens

Why 1.09 is 17gb for me? It should be almost 5 gb. I have the previous patch installed and Gladio dlc too, digital version. Yesterday the game wouldn't download the patch giving me an error, today it works but the patch is 4x the size it should be.

That is weird. Worked fine for me...

Can you screenshot it?

Originally Posted by Toth

Geez, I fished like crazy at Quay and still only got 60. How are people catching 140+ in an hour???

I have mid gear fish equipment so perhaps the speed is THAT noticeable?

With a good rod and cast you can catch fish pretty damn fast.

Thread Tools