• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

brickwalker0
(06-08-2015, 04:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Pastry

Are the quests pretty varied or is mostly the standard fetch kind of stuff?

i reached about level 15 in the PC version and it was mostly standard MMO fare, as far as what you are doing goes. the big difference with ESO is the context given to the task at hand. voice acting and writing are strong, but at the end of the day, you're just helping a person deal with some monsters.

they took a lot of the recent quest designs that WoW has, such as getting a mob to a certain % health then hitting a button to "absorb it" or whatever the quest context might be. there's also some phase shifting in that a quest can "send you back to the past" where a particular area has different aesthetics and monsters around until you finish the quest and exit the instance.
Art Vandilay

Originally Posted by H3xum

Any info on a GAF XBO guild is appreciated

http://neogaf.site/forum/showthre...&highlight=eso
Mononoke
Banned

Originally Posted by gossi

There's my YouTube video in the OP, which is recorded entirely on Xbox One. It's 1080p, 30fps (near enough locked - I have a separate video on capture card with fps counter). Runs between High to Ultra settings from PC on console.

I'm stupid, should have checked more closely. I'll check it out now. Also, glad to hear it's running well! Now I'm really excited. :D
Xaero Gravity
(06-08-2015, 04:59 PM)

Any info on a GAF XBO guild is appreciated

Not sure if you've posted there yet, but that's where you'll find the info for XB1 users.
-NeoTB1-
I tried out all 3 factions in the PC version. I liked DC the most, though AD was a close second.

Are the quests pretty varied or is mostly the standard fetch kind of stuff?

The run the gambit from mind-numbingly boring fetch quests to layered storylines with interesting people and dialogue. So, pretty standard fare I guess. It seemed fairly balanced to me.
SlickShoes

I've lost interest in the Witcher due to a number of things so I'm considering trading it in and picking this up. There is a 10% extra trade in value this week and I get an additional 20% value because it's my birthday week. I'll be watching reviews carefully.

This will not review well, it's an MMO and requires an existing interest in the genre to really enjoy to any extent at all. I'd wager the best this will get from mainstream sites is 7/10. Some sites will score it really harshly but the game will sell plenty and it will easily be the best MMO on consoles.

I think this is a better game that FF14 and any other MMO like attempts on console so far.
H3xum
(06-08-2015, 05:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Art Vandilay

http://neogaf.site/forum/showthre...&highlight=eso

Originally Posted by Xaero Gravity

Not sure if you've posted there yet, but that's where you'll find the info for XB1 users.

Thank you and thank you

Just to add it to this page

XBO - Daggerfall covenant seems to be where the guild is going to be
TheCowboyPoet
(06-08-2015, 05:04 PM)
What's the open world structure like? Is it like Skyrim/Fallout where you can walk from one end of the map to the other or is it split up in areas like Final Fantasy XIV?
Art Vandilay
(06-08-2015, 05:06 PM)

Thank you and thank you

Just to add it to this page

XBO - Daggerfall covenant seems to be where the guild is going to be

No problem. See you there!

Anyone know when the servers are going live on XB1 in NA? Sorry if I missed this somewhere.
Xaero Gravity
(06-08-2015, 05:07 PM)

No problem. See you there!

Anyone know when the servers are going live on XB1 in NA? Sorry if I missed this somewhere.

12:01AM Eastern

9:01PM Pacific

They initially said Midnight local time, but with it being one giant megaserver for NA, I imagine it'll be up at the same time for everyone in NA. Just like the PAL region.
empyrean
(06-08-2015, 05:10 PM)
It seems to be up and working here in the uk? Just able to register for an account and now getting the intro video?
C.Dark.DN
Banned
(06-08-2015, 05:10 PM)
PS4 Roll call thread

Psn id's and faction votes are being done on this spreadsheet. Quote to reveal. Daggerfall is currently winning.

We still need a guild name.

FuttBuck will make the guild at midnight then he will give people invite permissions to get people in.
Last edited by C.Dark.DN; 06-08-2015 at 05:15 PM.
Xaero Gravity
(06-08-2015, 05:11 PM)

Originally Posted by empyrean

It seems to be up and working here in the uk? Just able to register for an account and now getting the intro video?

One it went up for Australia, it went for everyone in EU due to the glorious megaserver.
empyrean
(06-08-2015, 05:12 PM)

One it went up for Australia, it went for everyone in EU due to the glorious megaserver.

Ah right excellent :), time to get my game on!
Edwardo
(06-08-2015, 05:12 PM)
I'm so amped to play. I won't be up at midnight, so I'll have to wait til tomorrow after work.
Jarlaxle
(06-08-2015, 05:15 PM)
Super excited for this. I'll be rolling an Altmeir Sorcerer. I'm on XB1 in NA so I guess I'll be going Daggerfall Covenant as well. This is my first experience with the game (other than watching an insane amount of youtube about it over the past week).
Hero Prinny
(06-08-2015, 05:18 PM)

Originally Posted by TheCowboyPoet

What's the open world structure like? Is it like Skyrim/Fallout where you can walk from one end of the map to the other or is it split up in areas like Final Fantasy XIV?

Ooh this is a good question, id also like to know the answer to this if anyone knows
WinFonda
(06-08-2015, 05:20 PM)
So this game can be shared across two people with a secondary account on PSN, right?
Big Brett
(06-08-2015, 05:20 PM)
Took the plunge on the Xbox One version. Hope I don't regret it.
Concept17
(06-08-2015, 05:27 PM)
So does this start at 9pm PST?
JetBlackPanda
(06-08-2015, 05:28 PM)
console streams on Twitch are looking REALLY good. holy shit.

I know its par for the course on PC but getting a fully fledged MMO on consoles is something special, we don't get it very often.
U2NUMB
(06-08-2015, 05:29 PM)
Got my code from billing history.. 20 bucks is such a great deal considering I only paid 20 for the PC game back in the day.

At work but hopefully its downloading on my X1 right now.
gossi
(06-08-2015, 05:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Concept17

So does this start at 9pm PST?

Whatever region you're in, digitally you unlock at midnight your timezone. That's the plan. It has gone live in most Asia countries (hence the Twitch streams) at midnight their time.
Art Vandilay
(06-08-2015, 05:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle

Super excited for this. I'll be rolling an Altmeir Sorcerer. I'm on XB1 in NA so I guess I'll be going Daggerfall Covenant as well. This is my first experience with the game (other than watching an insane amount of youtube about it over the past week).

I think you're restricted to Bretons, Orcs, and Regards if you go DC. I think there's some way to go any race though if you buy some premium expansion.
bigDave
(06-08-2015, 05:32 PM)

Originally Posted by TheCowboyPoet

big zones
Xaero Gravity
(06-08-2015, 05:34 PM)

I think you're restricted to Bretons, Orcs, and Regards if you go DC. I think there's some way to go any race though if you buy some premium expansion.

If people don't pre order, then they can purchase the Explorer's Pack seperatly.
Art Vandilay
(06-08-2015, 05:36 PM)

If people don't pre order, then they can purchase the Explorer's Pack seperatly.

So if we pre-ordered via the $20 upgrade we automatically get the Explorer's Pack?
ObiDin
(06-08-2015, 05:39 PM)

If you pre-order then you can play any race in any group(AD, EP, DC).
FuttBuck
(06-08-2015, 05:40 PM)

Originally Posted by C.Dark.DN

PS4 Roll call thread

Psn id's and faction votes are being done on this spreadsheet. Quote to reveal. Daggerfall is currently winning.

FuttBuck will make the guild at midnight then he will give people invite permissions to get people in.

Do we want to keep the name GAF related? Or we going completely off the books?
Xaero Gravity
(06-08-2015, 05:40 PM)

So if we pre-ordered via the $20 upgrade we automatically get the Explorer's Pack?

Oh wow I never thought of that. I'll see what I can find.
C.Dark.DN
Banned
(06-08-2015, 05:41 PM)

Originally Posted by FuttBuck

Do we want to keep the name GAF related? Or we going completely off the books?

I like gaf related but that's just me.
Dunlop
DID YOU KNOW:
TLOU invented the HD Remaster?
Also, Halo is the first FPS.

Originally Posted by SlickShoes

Go to BILLING INFO on the left, and it will show all your transactions, on the £12.99 one it will have a code with it XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, try that on the redeem code section of PSN or the PSN webstore

Figured out how to do this with the mobile client and psn is not advertising the code :-(

I'm not destined to play day 1 lol
Last edited by Dunlop; 06-08-2015 at 05:47 PM.
gossi

Oh wow I never thought of that. I'll see what I can find.

Yes, you do. I got that and Imperial.
Art Vandilay

Good to hear this. Thanks!
Russell
Banned
(06-08-2015, 05:42 PM)
I'm really hoping this game gets at least a 93 on Metacritic. Keeping my fingers crossed.
FuttBuck
(06-08-2015, 05:42 PM)

I like gaf related but that's just me.

Well we could name it G.A.F. lol
JetBlackPanda
(06-08-2015, 05:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Russell

I'm really hoping this game gets at least a 93 on Metacritic. Keeping my fingers crossed.

this can't be real.
Mindman
(06-08-2015, 05:45 PM)

Lol, why 93 specifically?

On another note, I can't believe we will playing this game tonight, after all the silence and delays for the console versions!
C.Dark.DN
Banned
(06-08-2015, 05:47 PM)

Originally Posted by FuttBuck

Well we could name it G.A.F. lol

Works for me lol
gossi
There's a good quality Xbox One stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/mixedberry

I've been through the first OT post and updated it. Lots more updates coming tonight and tomorrow. We'll also sort out the guilds.
DanteRavenkin

Has an MMO ever been highly rated?

The last 24 hours have had my hype level for this game go through the roof. Girlfriend and I are getting the Xbox version first thing tomorrow morning.
DMTripper
First post :-D

My account just became activated just in time for this game! Been a console gamer all my life and this is my first MMO. I can't wait to dive in and neither can my daughter. Hopefully it'll be a lot of fun, it looks really cool.

Just hope Amazon deliver tomorrow as planned!
Xaero Gravity
(06-08-2015, 05:48 PM)

Did you already have it though? I just read that those that transfer will get the Explorer and Imperial packs if their initial account had them to begin with.
U2NUMB
(06-08-2015, 05:50 PM)

There's a good quality Xbox One stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/mixedberry

I've been through the first OT post and updated it. Lots more updates coming tonight and tomorrow. We'll also sort out the guilds.

Its just loading.. and loading.. and loading.
brokenbeans
Big Swaggin'
(06-08-2015, 05:50 PM)
For someone that at most can put in 5-10 hrs per week and will be questing with friends who will more than likely put in more time, is this a safe purchase?

MMO virgin but big RPG fan.
gossi
(06-08-2015, 05:51 PM)

Originally Posted by U2NUMB

Its just loading.. and loading.. and loading.

Haha. That was one of the beta bugs (10 minute load screens). They better have fixed it.
gossi
(06-08-2015, 05:52 PM)
Here's some PC screenshots from GAFer Queen of Hunting. It's PC but console is pretty similar (a mix of High and Ultra graphic options).

Jetman
(06-08-2015, 05:55 PM)
This is probably going to be a really dumb question, but do all of the servers share space with the different consoles/PC? For example will there be a server where PS4 and X-Bone peeps can play with PC users?
I know FFXIV servers PC and Playstation people could play together...
gossi
(06-08-2015, 05:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Jetman

This is probably going to be a really dumb question, but do all of the servers share space with the different consoles/PC? For example will there be a server where PS4 and X-Bone peeps can play with PC users?
I know FFXIV servers PC and Playstation people could play together...

No. Xbox One users are locked to XB1. PS4 is PS4. PC is PC.
Simo
(06-08-2015, 05:56 PM)

PS4 Roll call thread

Midnight PST or something else? Also IIRC you had to be level 10 before you could join or create guilds....?