• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

thenexus6
(04-20-2017, 07:54 PM)
My NAT was totally busted earlier, it happens from time to time. I even went digging into m router settings but it seems it was the updates fault... Seems stable now though.
alpinestars1980
(04-20-2017, 08:13 PM)

Originally Posted by PeskyToaster

I'm ready for Siege 2 with a co-op campaign and hopefully more stable code base with a defined process for implementing and testing fixes.

Not picking on you but I hate this mentality.

This company does not deserve any success on a follow-up.

Fix what we all paid for first then we talk about sequels.

After these many months they have proven they have no intention of even releasing a "simple" patch without destroying everything else.

It's why I don't understand people throwing money at them for skins. I hope you have a huge imagination so you can imagine what the skins look like whilst you wait in matchmaking for 45 minutes.
alpinestars1980
(04-21-2017, 03:29 AM)
I wonder when they'll enable "Wait 20 minutes for matchmaking" and "Get disconnected 5 times in an hour" challenges.

I would be crushing those.
IbizaPocholo
(04-21-2017, 04:19 AM)

I'm ready for Siege 2 with a co-op campaign and hopefully more stable code base with a defined process for implementing and testing fixes.

I'm with you.Tired of this game adding more bugs and bugs with every update. Their code is clearly a fucking mess. Is frustrating, and they are no capable of fixing the game with 1,5 years. Move to siege 2 with a good code and base for future updates not like this game.
fr0st
(04-21-2017, 08:57 AM)
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/RaiN%20Danc...video/29942620

My lucky moment with the banana hunter
TCRS
(04-21-2017, 09:15 AM)
I remember a bug with that trap where I was helping a guy but that trap didn't destroy itself so then we both got trapped, lying on the floor. the third guy came to help us and got trapped himself as well. all three of us lying on the floor injured haha. looked so pathetic. the only enemy left came in and knifed all of us.
thenexus6
(04-21-2017, 10:09 AM)
Although the community sucks and would hate this, I think it would be a cool idea to play a playlist like Mystery Heroes in Overwatch. Exactly the same thing but you are a random Operator every round.
Auctopus
(04-21-2017, 11:15 AM)

Originally Posted by thenexus6

Although the community sucks and would hate this, I think it would be a cool idea to play a playlist like Mystery Heroes in Overwatch. Exactly the same thing but you are a random Operator every round.

As long as this isn't Ranked, then I'm all for it. There's plenty of fun match ideas they could create. The problem is Ubisoft cant handle a functional Ranked Mode, nevermind some sort of "Arcade Mode".
andycapps
(04-21-2017, 02:15 PM)

Originally Posted by thenexus6

That sounds too arcadey for this type of game, to me.
PeskyToaster
(04-21-2017, 02:24 PM)

Originally Posted by alpinestars1980

Not picking on you but I hate this mentality.

This company does not deserve any success on a follow-up.

Fix what we all paid for first then we talk about sequels.

After these many months they have proven they have no intention of even releasing a "simple" patch without destroying everything else.

It's why I don't understand people throwing money at them for skins. I hope you have a huge imagination so you can imagine what the skins look like whilst you wait in matchmaking for 45 minutes.

I don't know if the issues are salvageable without reworking the foundation of the game and at that point you might as well make Siege 2 from a publisher standpoint. I'm no stranger to having my own coding changes break something completely different but the key is that you find it and you fix it and the user doesn't know shit about what happened because you didn't release code with known issues.
alpinestars1980
(04-21-2017, 04:14 PM)

I don't know if the issues are salvageable without reworking the foundation of the game and at that point you might as well make Siege 2 from a publisher standpoint. I'm no stranger to having my own coding changes break something completely different but the key is that you find it and you fix it and the user doesn't know shit about what happened because you didn't release code with known issues.

Makes sense to me.

You're a better programmer than any of them.
LAM09
(04-21-2017, 05:28 PM)
Hot"fix" is out for consoles.
alpinestars1980
(04-21-2017, 07:49 PM)

Originally Posted by LAM09

Hot"fix" is out for consoles.

I love the quotes.

We shall see. I hope to play a bit this weekend.
LAM09
(04-21-2017, 09:00 PM)

I love the quotes.

We shall see. I hope to play a bit this weekend.

We're at a stage were we just have hope patches do what they say, instead of expecting.

I honestly think the game is one of the best MP shooters in a long while, but it's plagued from top to bottom. The fact Ubi were discussing 50+ operators on this game is farcical in it's current state.
alpinestars1980
(04-21-2017, 09:09 PM)

Originally Posted by LAM09

We're at a stage were we just have hope patches do what they say, instead of expecting.

I honestly think the game is one of the best MP shooters in a long while, but it's plagued from top to bottom. The fact Ubi were discussing 50+ operators on this game is farcical in it's current state.

Totally agree. Like I've said a dozen times before, I love this game. It's just unfortunate that idiots made it.
fr0st
(04-22-2017, 05:53 AM)
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/RaiN%20Danc...video/29983614

Dirty spawn peek

Guess who I was using lol
thenexus6
(04-22-2017, 11:47 AM)

Originally Posted by andycapps

That sounds too arcadey for this type of game, to me.

True, but with the stupid hats and skins and colours this game hardly takes itself too seriously. I think it would be a fun side game.
mf.luder
(04-22-2017, 12:11 PM)
Boys, miss you all. I'm just so fucking busy.
Auctopus
(04-22-2017, 12:47 PM)
Jager's new outfit blends incredibly well with barricades - I swear they're taking the piss.

Originally Posted by mf.luder

No worries, I've been busy too. I'll be on tonight though (UK time)
JK-Money
(04-22-2017, 03:58 PM)
just got the game so brand new, can anyone suggest a good verticle and horizontal sensitivity, ads sensitivity and also deadzones for ps4. When playing I feel the movements are a little sparatic
Last edited by JK-Money; 04-22-2017 at 04:03 PM.
CrayToes
(04-22-2017, 09:41 PM)

Originally Posted by mf.luder

Originally Posted by Auctopus

No worries, I've been busy too. I'll be on tonight though (UK time)

I'm flying home tonight so I'll hopefully be on more next week. I've missed playing this broken mess with you guys.
Hoffelcopter
(04-22-2017, 09:49 PM)
Played on PS4 quite a bit. Built a PC not too long ago and I want to get it for PC. Is there an option for me to buy the game with all of the year one operators unlocked?
fr0st
(04-22-2017, 11:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Hoffelcopter

Played on PS4 quite a bit. Built a PC not too long ago and I want to get it for PC. Is there an option for me to buy the game with all of the year one operators unlocked?

I'm assuming the gold edition or whatever is the one you're looking for.
Hoffelcopter
(Yesterday, 01:11 AM)

Originally Posted by fr0st

I'm assuming the gold edition or whatever is the one you're looking for.

Alright. Thanks.
SkyMasterson
(Yesterday, 11:20 PM)

I wonder when they'll enable "Wait 20 minutes for matchmaking" and "Get disconnected 5 times in an hour" challenges.

I would be crushing those.

Is this really happening to you?

I have noticed people leaving and coming back, but almost always on the other team.
Matchmaking is hit or miss, but never been longer than 8 minutes for me. Average is like two minutes.
alpinestars1980
(Today, 12:54 AM)

Originally Posted by SkyMasterson

Is this really happening to you?

I have noticed people leaving and coming back, but almost always on the other team.
Matchmaking is hit or miss, but never been longer than 8 minutes for me. Average is like two minutes.

I'm being facetious to some degree but you saying you've waited 8 minutes makes my point.
OfTheOverflow
(Today, 02:14 AM)
I always play with at least 1 friend in my squad, we regularly have to wait upwards of 8 minutes, as much as 15-20 minutes at times. I wish I was joking. I wish the game wasn't as good as it is, then I wouldn't put up with this shit lol
grandwizard
(Today, 08:53 AM)

Originally Posted by OfTheOverflow

I always play with at least 1 friend in my squad, we regularly have to wait upwards of 8 minutes, as much as 15-20 minutes at times. I wish I was joking. I wish the game wasn't as good as it is, then I wouldn't put up with this shit lol

What platform? Thats definitely not right. On PC on both east and central servers the wait times are never that bad unless something is severely broken (ie: server outage or maintenance). Either we find a game immediately or it takes at max 3 mins.
Pegasus Actual
(Today, 10:48 AM)
Took 20 minutes solo-queuing low Plat 1 on Xbox at 8pm Saturday night, US west.

At other times it can easily be 45+ minutes before you get a game. My experience on PC hasn't been a whole lot better but I haven't played much PC lately. The standout was when night before the Invitational, after queuing for about 20 minutes, it put me on a team with Kixstar, but after another 20 minutes of queuing he gave up, as did I soon after. And then Kix moved to Poland to cast. And now I will never be queued with Kix. Sad!

Thanks Ubi!
Joohanh
(Today, 10:54 AM)
Are many having similar issues on PC? I swear the only problem I've had during 150+ hours of gameplay is the constant failure to connect to parties. Which is incredibly frustrating, but doesn't really affect matchmaking.

Additionally there is a huge design issue regarding parties, when you're removed from parties if you quit matchmaking lobbies.
Pegasus Actual
(Today, 12:19 PM)
Well, there is that whole thing about all the lobby matchmaking stuff being p2p, so you might fail to connect while trying to connect to a team, and then when that team tries to connect to another to actually get a match usually one person doesn't fucking make it and the lobby dies.

Whatever happened with that one-step matchmaking anyway? There was a test for it right? I can't say I ever heard any impressions. I believe the promise was 10 players connecting before divying up teams, and you'd be connecting to an Ubi server instead of hoping the dance of NATs goes your way.
PeskyToaster
(Today, 01:22 PM)
Are you guys getting these long queue times on ranked? We usually only play Casual because I find the ranking system not great and my queues are like a minute or so, under five at least. Pretty comparable to league of legends.
SkyMasterson
(Today, 01:44 PM)

I'm being facetious to some degree but you saying you've waited 8 minutes makes my point.

When I said 8 minutes was my longest, I also should have clarified that it happend only once. Average for me and/or me and my friends is about two minutes.

It matches a lot faster if you have a group of five ready to go.