• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

PshycoNinja
(04-13-2017, 06:39 PM)

Originally Posted by KDC720

Finished it earlier tonight, actually the first FF I've finished all the way through, although I've only played 2 others.

Final time was about 40 hours, found the game very enjoyable if not incredibly uneven. The open world stuff was probably the best in terms of gameplay, and the combat system didn't really wear on me despite it being pretty basic. I loved the look of the world as well, mystical fantasy objects and creatures combined with bits of classic Americana and a dose of anime, its a strange combination that worked surprisingly well. The second half was far more linear and set piece focused, but the story kicked into high gear here.

The four leads were all great in their own right, despite basically being the standard Ninja Turtles personality types, I really liked their friendship. It's true the side characters don't get a lot of depth, and there were times I was kind of confused in terms of lore, and some portions of the game were clearly cut for DLC.

I loved the final chapter though I got so hype when the gang, all grown up,
got all suited up and went into Insomnia to take it back
, and I thought the ending was pretty much perfect. I was tearing up during the mid-credits campfire scene.

Awesome! :D

Glad you enjoyed it! I also particularly enjoy the final fights and final moments of the story. Ardyn is just so good!!!
Toth
(04-14-2017, 03:37 AM)

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja

Awesome! :D

Glad you enjoyed it! I also particularly enjoy the final fights and final moments of the story. Ardyn is just so good!!!

I am really looking forward to that Ardyn DLC to really spice up the FFXV lore. Best FF villain in a loooong time.
Last edited by Toth; 04-18-2017 at 02:34 AM.
PshycoNinja
(04-14-2017, 07:49 PM)
I agree. Ardyn is the best villain FF has had since the PS1 days.

Also I would spoiler tag that. Some people who come here haven't finished the game.
Amon37
(04-15-2017, 07:52 AM)
One shotting adamantoise with ring of lucii is hilarious.
evolve9
(04-15-2017, 08:40 AM)
Costlemark tower can go fuck itself. I barely came out alive from that place, that maze "puzzle" doesn't make any bloody sense. I started crying when I got dropped in that big room with 3 Red Giants for the fifth time. I don't even know how I got through it, thank god the final boss of the dungeon is easy.

Other than that, the post-game is hands-down the best content this game has to offer. I'm really surprised at how much ejoyment I'm getting from this and I think I'm just scratching the surface now. There's loads to do and nothing's too grindy or annoying (I still have PTSD from FFX's post-game lol).
v0mitg0d
(04-16-2017, 11:48 PM)
Ok, I've had this game since December. I've unwrapped it and its now downloading a 16GB patch.

My question to you folks with PS4 Pros and 4K TVs. Lite or High mode? Which do you find more satisfying? DF says Lite due to frame pacing.

Also, any tips for a newb? what to not waste time on?
Arkeband
(04-17-2017, 07:34 PM)
Those hilariously stupid Cindymobile skins from Carbuncle Surprise are being sent out today, it only took them like half a year to figure their shit out. Got one in my inbox earlier.
ShinoguTakeruKoeru
(04-18-2017, 02:58 AM)
The FFXV and Kingsglaive FFXV 99 cent PSN downloads are going to be delisted after tomorrow.

So uh... do these have the ability to transfer MP3s out of the app onto a USB stick or whatnot? Because of not, then why even get this when it's going to be de-activated after mid-June?
SilverArrow20XX
(04-18-2017, 05:23 AM)

Originally Posted by Arkeband

Those hilariously stupid Cindymobile skins from Carbuncle Surprise are being sent out today, it only took them like half a year to figure their shit out. Got one in my inbox earlier.

Yup. Got mine earlier today too. It's been on the store for $0.50 for how long now? I wasn't expecting to ever get it.
Darkone
(04-19-2017, 11:13 AM)
Any upcoming update should add harder difficulty from the first play threw?
valkyre
(04-19-2017, 01:23 PM)
Have they fixed the atrocious framepacing, or atleast provide a lock to 30 fps for the lite mode as it was before?
PshycoNinja
(04-19-2017, 08:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Darkone

Any upcoming update should add harder difficulty from the first play threw?

That would be cool. Ask @FFXVEN and @FFXVJP, so that way they know it's wanted. Would be cool to see it happen.
Vashetti
(04-19-2017, 09:14 PM)

Originally Posted by valkyre

Have they fixed the atrocious framepacing, or atleast provide a lock to 30 fps for the lite mode as it was before?

Nope.
LordKasual
(04-19-2017, 09:27 PM)

Have you played the new Lite mode on Pro?

Because for the life of me, i can't understand why anyone would want the game locked at 30fps when it has no problem easily staying 10 frames above that. The game feels very noticeably smoother and chaotic scenes are that much easier to follow...and when it is running at/near 60 it feels like a completely different game.

it's just objectively better, which is probably why they didn't bother making a third "30fps only" option...
henhowc
(04-19-2017, 09:48 PM)

Originally Posted by LordKasual

Because for the life of me, i can't understand why anyone would want the game locked at 30fps when it has no problem easily staying 10 frames above that. The game feels very noticeably smoother and chaotic scenes are that much easier to follow...and when it is running at/near 60 it feels like a completely different game.

it's just objectively better, which is probably why they didn't bother making a third "30fps only" option...

there are many in the camp that would prefer a locked 30 to unlocked frame rate.

unlocked never bothered me in games like infamous and Tomb raider but i wouldn't call it objectively better.
OriginalJonty
(04-20-2017, 08:10 AM)
My party is going to be so overlevelled when I finish Chapter 3. Currently level 34 and I'm focusing on doing all the side quests and hunts.
valkyre
(04-20-2017, 11:29 AM)

Originally Posted by LordKasual

I have played it and since then I put the game on hold (for forever it seems).

Just as you are baffled towards me, I am baffled towards you, concerning how you can play this way.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(04-20-2017, 12:31 PM)

Originally Posted by OriginalJonty

My party is going to be so overlevelled when I finish Chapter 3. Currently level 34 and I'm focusing on doing all the side quests and hunts.

Jesus lol you about to be coasting
jbug617
(04-20-2017, 01:53 PM)
Tabata and his team visited Turn 10 yesterday. Getting the Scorpio patch ready?

https://mobile.twitter.com/billgiese...45467371962368
Toth
(04-20-2017, 02:25 PM)
It's been a bit since the last ATR. I hope they are preparing another one for the spring and summer updates. Still hoping for some kind of hard mode.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(04-20-2017, 02:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Toth

It's been a bit since the last ATR. I hope they are preparing another one for the spring and summer updates. Still hoping for some kind of hard mode.

My guess is next month maybe? Gotta show off episode prompto soon. And where's my power ranger suits
OriginalJonty
(04-20-2017, 11:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Jesus lol you about to be coasting

Experience just gets thrown out. I got 2000 xp for picking vegetables!
Toth
(04-21-2017, 03:43 AM)

Experience just gets thrown out. I got 2000 xp for picking vegetables!

The game would have been so much better if they halved / eliminated the exp given per side quest and gave AP too. Then story quests that would reward the same amount of XP as now would have allow gamers to not overlevel like they could and the trade-off being more abilities from all the AP to use earlier in the game.
henhowc
(04-21-2017, 05:29 AM)

Originally Posted by jbug617

Tabata and his team visited Turn 10 yesterday. Getting the Scorpio patch ready?

https://mobile.twitter.com/billgiese...45467371962368

be cooler if they went there to talk about programing cars
PshycoNinja
(04-21-2017, 06:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Vashetti

Nope.

Originally Posted by henhowc

there are many in the camp that would prefer a locked 30 to unlocked frame rate.

unlocked never bothered me in games like infamous and Tomb raider but i wouldn't call it objectively better.

You guys jumped the gun a little, huh? New patch next week adding new mode for PS4 Pro.
OriginalJonty
(04-21-2017, 03:26 PM)

The game would have been so much better if they halved / eliminated the exp given per side quest and gave AP too. Then story quests that would reward the same amount of XP as now would have allow gamers to not overlevel like they could and the trade-off being more abilities from all the AP to use earlier in the game.

More AP would be nice but if you invest early in the Exploration tab in Ascension AP comes pretty quickly just from walking/driving about.
badcrumble
(04-21-2017, 03:52 PM)

Yep. I think that'd be a much better balance for the game (and much better reason to actually do sidequests, whereas 1000 xp is essentially worthless).
Septimus Prime
(04-21-2017, 07:45 PM)

More AP would be nice but if you invest early in the Exploration tab in Ascension AP comes pretty quickly just from walking/driving about.

The problem was always the 999 nodes. Their combined AP cost is higher than the combined cost of the rest of the board by quite a lot, and some of their effects aren't even that good. Banking that amount of AP without either specifically grinding for it or taking advantage of timed quests isn't fun and isn't—in my opinion—a reasonable expectation of players.
PshycoNinja
(04-21-2017, 08:18 PM)
Famitsu awarded FFXV with multiple awards including the Famitsu Award, Noctis the Best Character, and the MVP Award for Tabby.

Tabby also made a video accepting the awards, though I can't find it now for some strange reason...
badcrumble
(04-21-2017, 08:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Septimus Prime

The problem was always the 999 nodes. Their combined AP cost is higher than the combined cost of the rest of the board by quite a lot, and some of their effects aren't even that good. Banking that amount of AP without either specifically grinding for it or taking advantage of timed quests isn't fun and isn't—in my opinion—a reasonable expectation of players.

Also a bunch of the 333 nodes have pretty crappy effects (like the experience-from-fishing one).

Honestly, I think the game should be rebalanced to give the player a lot more AP (like the effects of the Fanfare accessories really should be Ascension grid abilities), rebalance the cost of some of these nodes, and to add a bunch of new nodes with new abilities to improve your party members, to improve magic, et cetera.
Lnds500
(04-21-2017, 08:41 PM)

Originally Posted by badcrumble

Also a bunch of the 333 nodes have pretty crappy effects (like the experience-from-fishing one).

Honestly, I think the game should be rebalanced to give the player a lot more AP (like the effects of the Fanfare accessories really should be Ascension grid abilities), rebalance the cost of some of these nodes, and to add a bunch of new nodes with new abilities to improve your party members, to improve magic, et cetera.

Yep. If anything, this games scream unbalanced - in more ways that the Ascension grid.
Septimus Prime
(04-21-2017, 08:51 PM)

Originally Posted by badcrumble

Yeah, I agree.

Regarding the 333 nodes, though, I will say that I think even the bad ones are still far more reasonable than any 999 node. 333 is a lot of AP, but it's still doesn't take too long to bank, as long as you're willing to forego a handful of cheaper abilities. The 999 ones, though, expect you to forego pretty much the entire board for them, which is nonsense.
AlexFlame116
(04-21-2017, 10:08 PM)
EDIT: Never mind I got it!
Last edited by AlexFlame116; 04-22-2017 at 04:10 AM.