• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

spazchicken
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:58 AM)
spazchicken's Avatar

Originally Posted by Reizo Ryuu

Why not? The CFN update has a stage picker for random select.

I mean, besides the point that it's actually bad for causal play as well.

They're already breaking the rules of realism and physics by having an empty can rolling through waves of sea water (among other things) so why not go all the way and have it overlap the water/grass so it's always in front and visible. If they did this, then I'd be ok with it and sure it would look silly but they wouldn't have any reason to be tournament banned.
Dahbomb
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 04:17 AM)
Dahbomb's Avatar
That fireman costume is nice but Alex is still going to look stupid AF with those backwards legs.

There are probably a bunch of thirsty Chunner fans buying up all these costumes for her.
TheSpoiler
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:31 AM)
TheSpoiler's Avatar
I almost took a game off of two people as Laura because they don't know how to deal with the knee and all I did was mash that button .

Hit
The
Lab
mbpm1
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:34 AM)
mbpm1's Avatar
I think I'm getting the rhythm of this game. Platinum be soon.
lucebuce12
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:57 AM)
lucebuce12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Torry

Can you really, with a straight face, say that F.A.N.G's story costume is garbage?

My respect for you as F.A.N.G -senpai depends greatly on your answer.

OK, maybe it's not garbage.

It's not BAD, it's just that it's not a costume that I personally can use for more than one first-to-3 set. The original is just too good.

Originally Posted by Xeteh

I'd say FANG is more like a 5 year old.

Can barely walk..

Have you seen his moves? Dude twists and moves around like an action figure made of jelly. Him and Zafina from Tekken would make a great couple.

Originally Posted by Xeteh

Can only count to 2.

2 hands are more than adequate for murder.

Originally Posted by Xeteh

Hands are dirty all the time.

Dirty with poison. That he uses to murder his enemies. In cold blood.

Originally Posted by Xeteh

Looks up to someone for everything.

Have you forgotten this man was the head of his own assassin's guild? And that Bison kept him alive because he was a legitimate threat?

Plus who wouldn't follow SF5 Bison, dude looks so badass.
Last edited by lucebuce12; 04-21-2017 at 09:34 AM.
Torry
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 09:24 AM)
Torry's Avatar

Originally Posted by ThatCrazyGuy

I think FANGS story costume is cool. Better than garbage Alex's stuff.

2 thumbs up for you!
hey_it's_that_dog
benevolent sexism
(04-21-2017, 12:49 PM)
hey_it's_that_dog's Avatar
Imagine Capcom makes a new premium FANG costume, literally every FANG player buys it, and they still fail to turn a profit on it.
lucebuce12
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:51 PM)
lucebuce12's Avatar
This is where bundles come into play!!

Otherwise you're right. A FANG costume would probably earn a grand total of 60$ from people who like the character, and all the rest of the money is coming from TOs.
Last edited by lucebuce12; 04-21-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Rymuth
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:11 PM)
Rymuth's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

This is where bundles come into play!!

Otherwise you're right. A FANG costume would probably earn a grand total of 60$ from people who like the character, and all the rest of the money is coming from TOs.

*checks avatar*
Abababawhaaaa?
Neoxon
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 01:12 PM)
Neoxon's Avatar
Honestly, I can see F.A.N.G returning in SFVI trying to resurrect Shadaloo, seeing as Vega & Balrog don't really give a fuck, anymore.
CountBlack
(04-21-2017, 01:17 PM)
CountBlack's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gr1mLock

S3 will be all final fight characters. And deejay

Deejay would be a better version of Guile in this game tbh tbh tbh

just give him an upside down tbh
lucebuce12
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:24 PM)
lucebuce12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rymuth

*checks avatar*
Abababawhaaaa?

I've said it before, I love F.A.N.G. He is an absolutely amazing character with a very unique playstyle and moveset for SF5, Street Fighter in general tbh.

It's the GAME that pisses me the fuck off.
Last edited by lucebuce12; 04-21-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Torry
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 01:36 PM)
Torry's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

OK, maybe it's not garbage.

It's not BAD, it's just that it's not a costume that I personally can use for more than one first-to-3 set. The original is just too good.

That's fair, I agree his default is amazing. To me he's definitely the most visually interesting character, and I love the clean scholar look he has going in his story costume. He even looks a little handsome.
His premium outfit though.... Now that belongs somewhere where the sun doesn't shine very often.


Edit: Looks like I screwed the quote over

Edit 2: Thanks!
Last edited by Torry; 04-21-2017 at 01:46 PM.
lucebuce12
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:38 PM)
lucebuce12's Avatar
Just add[/QUOTE] to where my post ends.

Whenever a tag starts, it has to end somewhere else it's just considered part of the text in the post.

So if I start with ["QUOTE"] then I add ["/QUOTE"] where the quote ends. (without the quotation marks naturally)
Ucchedavāda
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:47 PM)
Ucchedavāda's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

Just add[/QUOTE] to where my post ends.

Whenever a tag starts, it has to end somewhere else it's just considered part of the text in the post.

So if I start with ["QUOTE"] then I add ["/QUOTE"] where the quote ends. (without the quotation marks naturally)

You can use [noparse] tags to prevent tags being parsed:

"So if I start with [noparse][QUOTE] then I add [/QUOTE][/noparse] where the quote ends."
=
"So if I start with [QUOTE] then I add [/QUOTE] where the quote ends."
lucebuce12
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:48 PM)
lucebuce12's Avatar
Ooh nifty, didn't know about that tag.

Now to try and take the conversation in a bit of a different direction, I've been thinking about the abhorrent state of the balance in this game and there are some specific changes that I personally would like to see. Here's my suggestion for FANG as I actively play the character and so have a decent idea of what I'd like to see changed.

F.A.N.G
  • F.A.N.G now has 925 HP
  • St.hp is now -3 oB, down from -2 oB.
  • St.hp is now +2 oH, up from +1 oB.
  • His poison from specials now does 75 damage over 8 seconds or around 9 dmg/sec. Every time a poisoned move hits the target, the damage taken is increased by 75 and will do around 18 dmg/sec and so on and so on. Duration is NOT refreshed however.
  • V-skill now does 150 damage over 8 seconds or around 18 dmg/sec if poison state is caused by V-skill. If it hits an already poisoned opponent, poison is increased by 75 dmg, just like a special move. Duration is NOT refreshed.
  • V-Trigger can now be cancelled into from medium and heavy trap if connected on the first 3 active frames of the move.
  • V-Trigger now allows poison duration to also be refreshed on top of the damage increase.
  • V-Trigger no longer has a cloud of poison covering the character, but rather a "pulse" that happens every 5 seconds. The pulse is visually the same as the previous cloud and carries the same range. Each pulse is active for 0.75 seconds.
  • The V-Trigger pulse does not refresh or increase damage of the poison, it only starts it at 75 damage over 8 seconds or around 9 dmg/sec.
Here are some changes for other characters that I'd like to see but these aren't as detailed.

Balrog
  • EX Dash punch cancel into v-skill is now -6 oB. Cancel into v-skill->punch is a true blockstring.
Akuma
  • V-Trigger now lasts indefinitely.
  • Startup of st.hk reduced by 1 frame.
Kolin
  • cr.mp is now +3 oB
  • Pushback reduced for cr.mp
  • Counter no longer leaves Kolin in a counter-hit state on whiff.
  • medium hands is now -8 oB, up from -9

Feel free to share changes you want to see for your character.
Last edited by lucebuce12; 04-21-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Torry
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 01:59 PM)
Torry's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ucchedavāda


You can use [noparse] tags to prevent tags being parsed:

"So if I start with [noparse][/noparse] where the quote ends."
=
"So if I start with where the quote ends."

This is also nice to know. Thanks!

Regarding F.A.N.G changes, I'm not very knowledgeable about specifics so I'll just speak generally.

The change I would like the most is for poison to be scarier for the opponent. I want the sameish combo I do, relative to my opponents, to do more damage if the poison stays all the way, and less if they get rid of it fast.

Some extra unique quirk for the V-trigger would also be nice.

Everything else is pretty great. His st.Hp is my life.
Last edited by Torry; 04-21-2017 at 02:38 PM.
sixteen-bit
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:29 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSpoiler

I almost took a game off of two people as Laura because they don't know how to deal with the knee and all I did was mash that button .

Hit
The
Lab

when you lose to MK spam

https://youtu.be/aCV0pHjtxes?t=10s
CountBlack
(04-21-2017, 02:33 PM)
CountBlack's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

[/LIST]Akuma[LIST][*]V-Trigger now lasts indefinitely.


Feel free to share changes you want to see for your character.

I don't think Akuma's V-Trigger should last for the rest of the round but I do think he should get maybe 2-3 more specials out of it before it runs out.

Half the cast can't deal with double air fireballs so if he had it for the rest of the round it'd be a bit too strong imo.
lucebuce12
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:36 PM)
lucebuce12's Avatar
Fair enough but it IS supposed to be a comeback mechanic that takes 3-bars.

I guess giving him 3 more specials before the bar runs out would be decent.
Last edited by lucebuce12; 04-21-2017 at 02:46 PM.
mbpm1
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:07 PM)
mbpm1's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12


Balrog

  • EX Dash punch cancel into v-skill is now -6 oB. Cancel into v-skill->punch is a true blockstring.

  • Can't you always interrupt this already? Not sure what the data is but I've been able to stop it once I see Rog is going for it.

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

Akuma

  • V-Trigger now lasts indefinitely.
  • Startup of st.hk reduced by 1 frame.

  • Sure, maybe not indefinitely, but longer at least.

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

Kolin

  • cr.mp is now +3 oB
  • Pushback reduced for cr.mp
  • Counter no longer leaves Kolin in a counter-hit state on whiff.
  • medium hands is now -8 oB, up from -9

Cr. mp change would be nice. A dedicated jabber won't be able to interrupt strings in the same way, and she already doesn't get in that easily in the first place. Maintaining some pressure would be easier.

Counter being buffed is a thing I would take for sure. She already has almost as much whiff recovery as a command throw. Not sure it's needed to hurt her more.

Not sure what the medium hands buff means. Why?

For my Kolin changes
  • EX hands now fully connects from all ranges. No more whiffs from far range.
    Reason: It's annoying having this whiff and leave you negative a billion from further out. It doesn't feel necessary to make this happen.
  • Her MK and EX MK dash can no be cancelled into a normal from much earlier in the animation, letting her start and then stop from further away or follow up attack as it is now.
    Reason: This makes MK Dash less of a one trick pony. Realistically you'd only use it now when your opponent is locked up on something else. The benefits of it as opposed to just coming in with a normal dash is pretty low. This might be a bit strong though.
  • St. hk no longer sends the opponent flying away on counterhit. Instead it works more like ryu's st hk, allowing for easier followups in neutral.
    Reason: Why the fuck do her CC's suck in neutral while necalli gets braindead st. hk into lolwtf damage? As it is you would never use st. hk except for an anti air or CC punish as well so this would make it less irrelevant.
  • V-reversal buffed to be faster/have less vulnerable frames.
    Reason: It's kinda ass right now against an attentive opponent.
Last edited by mbpm1; 04-21-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Karsticles
(04-21-2017, 03:09 PM)
Karsticles's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

Ooh nifty, didn't know about that tag.

Now to try and take the conversation in a bit of a different direction, I've been thinking about the abhorrent state of the balance in this game and there are some specific changes that I personally would like to see. Here's my suggestion for FANG as I actively play the character and so have a decent idea of what I'd like to see changed.

F.A.N.G

  • F.A.N.G now has 925 HP
  • St.hp is now -3 oB, down from -2 oB.
  • St.hp is now +2 oH, up from +1 oB.
  • His poison from specials now does 75 damage over 8 seconds or around 9 dmg/sec. Every time a poisoned move hits the target, the damage taken is increased by 75 and will do around 18 dmg/sec and so on and so on. Duration is NOT refreshed however.
  • V-skill now does 150 damage over 8 seconds or around 18 dmg/sec if poison state is caused by V-skill. If it hits an already poisoned opponent, poison is increased by 75 dmg, just like a special move. Duration is NOT refreshed.
  • V-Trigger can now be cancelled into from medium and heavy trap if connected on the first 3 active frames of the move.
  • V-Trigger now allows poison duration to also be refreshed on top of the damage increase.
  • V-Trigger no longer has a cloud of poison covering the character, but rather a "pulse" that happens every 5 seconds. The pulse is visually the same as the previous cloud and carries the same range. Each pulse is active for 0.75 seconds.
  • The V-Trigger pulse does not refresh or increase damage of the poison, it only starts it at 75 damage over 8 seconds or around 9 dmg/sec.
Here are some changes for other characters that I'd like to see but these aren't as detailed.

Balrog
  • EX Dash punch cancel into v-skill is now -6 oB. Cancel into v-skill->punch is a true blockstring.
Akuma
  • V-Trigger now lasts indefinitely.
  • Startup of st.hk reduced by 1 frame.
Kolin
  • cr.mp is now +3 oB
  • Pushback reduced for cr.mp
  • Counter no longer leaves Kolin in a counter-hit state on whiff.
  • medium hands is now -8 oB, up from -9

Feel free to share changes you want to see for your character.

No endless VT for Bison? :(
NaM
Does not have twelve inches...
(04-21-2017, 03:10 PM)
NaM's Avatar
Any tips for survival on hard? I can't past stage 33. I'm playing with Mika and the cpu just jumps all the command grabs. I guess I should play with ken?
CountBlack
(04-21-2017, 03:14 PM)
CountBlack's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karsticles

No endless VT for Bison? :(

isn't ex devils reverse enough for you
Gipsy Danger
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:14 PM)
Gipsy Danger's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karsticles

No endless VT for Bison? :(

Please God No.
mbpm1
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:15 PM)
mbpm1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karsticles

No endless VT for Bison? :(

Are you a monster?
MCD250
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:16 PM)
Would ragequit on Bipson if his V-Trigger was infinite tbh.
Rymuth
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:22 PM)
Rymuth's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karsticles

No endless VT for Bison? :(

As a Bison main

Mmmmmm
MrCarter
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:29 PM)
MrCarter's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

I've said it before, I love F.A.N.G. He is an absolutely amazing character with a very unique playstyle and moveset for SF5, Street Fighter in general tbh.

It's the GAME that pisses me the fuck off.

Yeah it's because of new characters like FANG, Kolin, Rashid etc I can't wait to see who the next 4 are. Capcom' management are clearly not very good but I can't fault thier game/battle designers.
Karsticles
(04-21-2017, 03:40 PM)
Karsticles's Avatar

Originally Posted by CountBlack

isn't ex devils reverse enough for you

Beta 1 Psycho Inferno or bust.

Originally Posted by Gipsy Danger

Please God No.

:-D

Originally Posted by mbpm1

Are you a monster?

In training.

Originally Posted by MCD250

Would ragequit on Bipson if his V-Trigger was infinite tbh.

Know your place.

Originally Posted by Rymuth

As a Bison main

Mmmmmm

See? This guy gets it.
Zombegoast
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:03 PM)
Zombegoast's Avatar
I can see why FANG is the worst character in the game now. 3f moves will stuff out anything. But for 4f it's frustrating, they can press anything. His St.Mp has enough push back and with his slim hurtbox he can whiff punish with the only hopes FANG players will randomly do a sweep on block with V-Trigger or a Fireball up front.

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

a counter-hit state on whiff.

This better be a universal buff for those with a parry. Ryu's is shit.
Last edited by Zombegoast; 04-21-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Boogalogist
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Karsticles

No endless VT for Bison? :(

I'd rather have an overhead for Bison instead of endless VT.
lucebuce12
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:16 PM)
lucebuce12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karsticles

No endless VT for Bison? :(

No.

Originally Posted by Zombegoast

I can see why FANG is the worst character in the game now. 3f moves will stuff out anything. But for 4f it's frustrating, they can press anything. His St.Mp has enough push back and with his slim hurtbox he can whiff punish with the only hopes FANG players will randomly do a sweep on block with V-Trigger or a Fireball up front.

FANG has to work 6x as hard as Necalli, 7x as hard as Urien and 9x as hard as Balrog to accomplish the same damage/result. Never get into a battle of attrition with someone who plays FANG.

Parries are indeed just shit in this game, i don't know why they bother. Only halfway-decent one is Akuma's and halfway-decent feels like too much of a compliment.

Originally Posted by mbpm1

Can't you always interrupt this already? Not sure what the data is but I've been able to stop it once I see Rog is going for it.



Sure, maybe not indefinitely, but longer at least.



Cr. mp change would be nice. A dedicated jabber won't be able to interrupt strings in the same way, and she already doesn't get in that easily in the first place. Maintaining some pressure would be easier.

Counter being buffed is a thing I would take for sure. She already has almost as much whiff recovery as a command throw. Not sure it's needed to hurt her more.

Not sure what the medium hands buff means. Why?

  • EX hands now fully connects from all ranges. No more whiffs from far range.
    Reason: It's annoying having this whiff and leave you negative a billion from further out. It doesn't feel necessary to make this happen.
  • Her MK and EX MK dash can no be cancelled into a normal from much earlier in the animation, letting her start and then stop from further away or follow up attack as it is now.
    Reason: This makes MK Dash less of a one trick pony. Realistically you'd only use it now when your opponent is locked up on something else. The benefits of it as opposed to just coming in with a normal dash is pretty low. This might be a bit strong though.
  • St. hk no longer sends the opponent flying away on counterhit. Instead it works more like ryu's st hk, allowing for easier followups in neutral.
    Reason: Why the fuck do her CC's suck in neutral while necalli gets braindead st. hk into lolwtf damage? As it is you would never use st. hk except for an anti air or CC punish as well so this would make it less irrelevant.
  • V-reversal buffed to be faster/have less vulnerable frames.
    Reason: It's kinda ass right now against an attentive opponent.

I'll be honest, I just tossed that hands oB buff in there, I really don't know what to buff.

I personally want this character to be one with semi decent pokes that can kinda play footsies. But capcom wants her to be a setup/up close pressure character. Both are valid but it's just not my scene.

Your suggested buffs are VERY good.
Last edited by lucebuce12; 04-21-2017 at 04:30 PM.
ColonialHawk
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:42 PM)
ColonialHawk's Avatar
Ok yeah fuck Rashids standing lk. That shit is fucking cheap and should not be that reliable of anti air.
Reizo Ryuu
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:17 PM)
Reizo Ryuu's Avatar

Originally Posted by mbpm1

  • St. hk no longer sends the opponent flying away on counterhit.

It doesn't send people flying though? You can stHK > dash > lp target combo.
The Lone Dragon
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:24 PM)
The Lone Dragon's Avatar
Japanese team event. Producer Ayano using FANG, lol:
https://www.twitch.tv/esportssquare

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

WHAT THE FUCK MAN, fucking Alex with his garbage win rate, garbage usage rate, ALL AROUND GARBAGE LEGACY gets a FIFTH fucking premium costume.

His usage rate isn't garbage. He's around the middle. 15th out of 24 in March.

And, he has 8 characters lower than him in terms of win rate...
Last edited by The Lone Dragon; 04-21-2017 at 05:29 PM.
mbpm1
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:25 PM)
mbpm1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Reizo Ryuu

It doesn't send people flying though? You can stHK > dash > lp target combo.

You need to dash. It sends them flying.
Reizo Ryuu
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:28 PM)
Reizo Ryuu's Avatar
No sending them flying is when they spin and leave the ground, stHK doesn't do that, and you only need to dash if they are out of range for stLK, which connects just fine after stHK.
mbpm1
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:30 PM)
mbpm1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Reizo Ryuu

No sending them flying is when they spin and leave the ground, stHK doesn't do that, and you only need to dash if they are out of range for stLK, which connects just fine after stHK.

Well, that's not what I meant if you read the original post. That's why I drew the comparison in it.
Reizo Ryuu
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:34 PM)
Reizo Ryuu's Avatar
I read your original post, and it works just fine in neutral, if ryu's too far away his stLK won't connect either.
Kolin has the same options because stLK reaches pretty far and cancels into anything. Cept, unlike ryu, she can still dash forward and combo if she's out of range for that.
mbpm1
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:36 PM)
mbpm1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Reizo Ryuu

I read your original post, and it works just fine in neutral, if ryu's too far away his stLK won't connect either.
Kolin has the same options because stLK reaches pretty far and cancels into anything. Cept, unlike ryu, she can still dash forward and combo if she's out of range for that.

I must be misunderstanding something, because I'm pretty sure Kolin's st. hk automatically sends the opponent a dash distance away on counterhit. Ryu's doesn't.

This also means in neutral a hit on anything except point blank is out of range for most things whereas Ryu can still pick things up.

Originally Posted by Mr. X

Kolin stHK doesn't launch on CC. You can dash up and get crMP.

Again, that's not what I'm saying.
Mr. X
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:36 PM)
Mr. X's Avatar
Kolin stHK doesn't launch on CC. You can dash up and get crMP.
King Awesome
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:45 PM)
King Awesome's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

Ooh nifty, didn't know about that tag.

Now to try and take the conversation in a bit of a different direction, I've been thinking about the abhorrent state of the balance in this game and there are some specific changes that I personally would like to see. Here's my suggestion for FANG as I actively play the character and so have a decent idea of what I'd like to see changed.

F.A.N.G[LIST]
[*]F.A.N.G now has 925 HP
[*]St.hp is now -3 oB, down from -2 oB.
[*]St.hp is now +2 oH, up from +1 oB.
[*]His poison from specials now does 75 damage over 8 seconds or around 9 dmg/sec. Every time a poisoned move hits the target, the damage taken is increased by 75 and will do around 18 dmg/sec and so on and so on. Duration is NOT refreshed however.
[*]V-skill now does 150 damage over 8 seconds or around 18 dmg/sec if poison state is caused by V-skill. If it hits an already poisoned opponent, poison is increased by 75 dmg, just like a special move. Duration is NOT refreshed.
[*]V-Trigger can now be cancelled into from medium and heavy trap if connected on the first 3 active frames of the move.
[*]V-Trigger now allows poison duration to also be refreshed on top of the damage increase.
[*]V-Trigger no longer has a cloud of poison covering the character, but rather a "pulse" that happens every 5 seconds. The pulse is visually the same as the previous cloud and carries the same range. Each pulse is active for 0.75 seconds.
[*]The V-Trigger pulse does not refresh or increase damage of the poison, it only starts it at 75 damage over 8 seconds or around 9 dmg/sec.

Feel free to share changes you want to see for your character.

I don't play FANG so I don't know what I'm talking about but I feel that being Poisoned should kill grey health upon entering that state. It may not be the biggest buff FANG needs but would bring his V-Skill and V-Trigger out of the bottom tier and make them threats. His mediums and normals would do legitimate chip damage so long block string into VT would force actual damage on the opponent. People would also bother to dodge his VS if it could take grey life away.

I play Rog so my nerfs for him are the ones you typically see. I'd change st.HP's CC state to the spin from st.HK and remove st.HK's CC capability. Damage wise I'd adjust EX Dash Straight but I'm not exactly sure how this would play out.

EX Dash Straight does 150 according to FAT but it's two hits so I assume it's 75+75. The two bar combo everyone hates is a launcher into EX Dash Straight canceled into V-Skill Punch into EX Dash Straight. I believe V has the SF4 scaling rule where multi-hit moves count as one hit in regards to scaling so canceling into VS Punch should scale whereas two hits of EX Dash Straight wouldn't.

So my idea to nerf that combo's damage but not just one EX Dash Straight is to back load the damage on the 2nd shit. So I'd drop EX Dash Straight to 140 and make it 50+90, cutting out an extra 40 damage unscaled damage before the scaling really kicks in. I'd be willing to go down to 130 even if 140 is too much.
Zombegoast
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:53 PM)
Zombegoast's Avatar
Looks like AIAI is jumping on the Ibuki train.

Has there ever been a fumble on a character from one game to another?
Sayad
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:53 PM)
Sayad's Avatar
Korean stream with Infiltration, Poongko, xyzzy, NL...
https://www.twitch.tv/jungjil
Reizo Ryuu
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:53 PM)
Reizo Ryuu's Avatar

Originally Posted by mbpm1

I must be misunderstanding something, because I'm pretty sure Kolin's st. hk automatically sends the opponent a dash distance away on counterhit. Ryu's doesn't.

This also means in neutral a hit on anything except point blank is out of range for most things whereas Ryu can still pick things up.

...?


How is that point blank? Any further and you hit with her toes, which is not a range from where ryu can't "pick up" anything from, at least kolin can still dash up and combo from max range even.
mbpm1
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:03 PM)
mbpm1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Reizo Ryuu

...?


How is that point blank? Any further and you hit with her toes, which is not a range from where ryu can't "pick up" anything from, at least kolin can still dash up and combo from max range even.

That explains it then. I misjudged the distance of the spin. Good to know.
Rickenslacker
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:09 PM)
Rickenslacker's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zombegoast

Looks like AIAI is jumping on the Ibuki train.

Has there ever been a fumble on a character from one game to another?

Makoto from 3S to Super 4.

Never forgetting.

Last edited by Rickenslacker; 04-21-2017 at 06:13 PM.
mbpm1
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:10 PM)
mbpm1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zombegoast

Looks like AIAI is jumping on the Ibuki train.

Has there ever been a fumble on a character from one game to another?

I think many games with returning characters probably have had some people not liking it.
Sayad
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:20 PM)
Sayad's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rickenslacker

Makoto from 3S to Super 4.

Never forgetting.

I stuck with her throughout Super and then stopped playing SFIV with AE when she was high tier. ;__;

Thread Tools