• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

SarcasticD
Member
(11-19-2014, 07:52 PM)
SarcasticD's Avatar
Keep getting timed out session :(
immortal-joe
Member
(11-19-2014, 08:06 PM)
immortal-joe's Avatar
Haven't been able to jump online once, not even once.
MisterMac
Member
(11-19-2014, 08:08 PM)
Not saying this is a cure-all, but loading into an Invite Only session initially then trying to jump to a populated session has been working for my crew. We've been in almost exclusively public lobbies. Nowhere near 30 players, but we had 18 for a hot minutes.
Darryl M R
Member
(11-19-2014, 08:12 PM)
Darryl M R's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jailer of Hope

Like you're in a lobby by yourself? Make sure you matchmaking enabled in the online options.

Yea like I set to join a solo session online since that is the only way I can play.

Also what are the best weapons to own? I just bought the marksman rifle and heavy shotgun and I got all the attachments for them.
Mistel
Member
(11-19-2014, 08:19 PM)
Mistel's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarrylMR

Also what are the best weapons to own? I just bought the marksman rifle and heavy shotgun and I got all the attachments for them.

There's no best weapon per se higher unlock requirements means that the weapons of a general stronger and more desirable nature. Some like a marksman rifle, ap pistol, special carbine, and mg are some of the better ones that you can get for example.
The Albatross
Member
(11-19-2014, 08:19 PM)
The Albatross's Avatar

Originally Posted by Teknoman

Oddly enough, I remember them saying that heists would be ready with the current gen launch...

Originally Posted by Ooccoo

So they lured people into buying the next-gen version promising online heists, yet they're STILL not available. How is this not false advertising?

Rockstar never said that.

They had said that they're still working on Heists and hoping to introduce them "soon," but there's never been a release date.

I don't see why heists are the big thing people want in GTA Online. A functioning matchmaking process should be a hell of a lot more important. As far as I know, there is still not a functioning party system or matchmaking system, still the same busted, broken "Lobby Invite" system that leaves hosts waiting for hours for their games to fill up, and the same system of transitioning every match to one of the 5 game modes that people grind on. There's supposedly hundreds of varied jobs in GTA Online, and when I was playing the mode, the only ones that you'd have any chance of playing in were "The Commute" -- a grinding race -- and "Bomb Da Base" -- a grinding job.

I'd also want the ability for a host to toggle between Auto Aim and Free Aim ... how that doesn't exist is beyond me. Free aim makes almost every competitive PvP match a thousand times better... I fail to find the fun in a team deathmatch mode when everybody has auto aim ... It turns into players just sitting still clicking Left Trigger every few seconds hoping to lock on to some guy hiding behind a bush. It also negates the value of vehicles in online, which is one of the biggest differences that GTA has with other games... When you're in a vehicle in GTAO against somebody on foot, there is a 100% chance that you are dead because the person on foot can auto-target onto you, and you cannot auto-target onto them, and the guns make cars, RVs, campers, trucks, and boats into swiss cheese.

Hoping to jump back in to see if anything has improved, but I doubt it.
Last edited by The Albatross; 11-19-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Darryl M R
Member
(11-19-2014, 08:34 PM)
Darryl M R's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stormtrooper

There's no best weapon per se higher unlock requirements means that the weapons of a general stronger and more desirable nature. Some like a marksman rifle, ap pistol, special carbine, and mg are some of the better ones that you can get for example.

I see, well I guess I should just buy the guns are the highest level for me in their class.
Dranakin
Member
(11-19-2014, 08:40 PM)
Dranakin's Avatar
I requested an invite to the crew (NGAF) from the OP. Hopefully it's still active, as I'll definitely be getting into GTAO now for the PS4.
Fenzer
Junior Member
(11-19-2014, 08:41 PM)
Fenzer's Avatar
So how's the city life in online ? I mean is there as many random events, bitches, random gangsters on the street as offline ?
fna84
Member
(11-19-2014, 08:42 PM)
fna84's Avatar
is there a stat when you create a new online character that determines height?

i swear one of my characters is taller than the other, both are male.
Baron Von Beans
Member
(11-19-2014, 08:47 PM)
Baron Von Beans's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fenzer

So how's the city life in online ? I mean is there as many random events, bitches, random gangsters on the street as offline ?

Random events are a text message list from Simeon to you about cars he wants you to deliver, or a high priority vehicle that ANYONE can grab and deliver, armored trucks to rob, crate drops to nab, Assassination targets from Lester, robbing convenience stores, and bounties.

Now...I have YET to see any of those on PS4...aside from bounties...but I have not seen any "random" event yet. I figure R* is ironing everything out before unloading all that. But those "jobs" are great, if you get a good string you can earn up to 50k in no time at all.

Derp, didn't type out the rest of my thought.

There are ladies of the night, you just need to find them. There are areas that gangs patrol, see a Google doc in the OP for a map. There are gang attacks scattered across the map, and players can jump in/out of those at will. NPC muggings become player muggings. Bounties from stealing cars, coupled with the police being far more serious about you driving stolen cars makes car theft more of a gamble. Most of the SP stuff just moved to have it be PvP, in a way.
Last edited by Baron Von Beans; 11-19-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Mistel
Member
(11-19-2014, 08:50 PM)
Mistel's Avatar

Originally Posted by fna84

is there a stat when you create a new online character that determines height?

i swear one of my characters is taller than the other, both are male.

It's one of the options in the character creator not exactly sure what it's under or changed by.

Originally Posted by DarrylMR

I see, well I guess I should just buy the guns are the highest level for me in their class.

That's one of the better ways of doing it once you've got a variety you can compare and see which suits you the most.
Darryl M R
Member
(11-19-2014, 08:53 PM)
Darryl M R's Avatar
Had a random event in single player where this groom was naked and tied up to a tree and you had to help him get to his wedding. Why isn't this in online to keep the game fresh?

I like how they have online but some interactions should be more immersive and allow players to interact with missions without taking them out of playing (going to your phone or menu).
PrinceOfWhatever
Member
(11-19-2014, 08:56 PM)
PrinceOfWhatever's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ted

Q: Another player has stopped next to me and is honking his horn in a friendly manner, what should I do?
A: Shoot them.

I laughed so hard at this.

And I would like to join the Social Club Crew! My Social Club ID is "PrinceOfWhatever".
Bam Bam Baklava
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
(11-19-2014, 08:58 PM)
Bam Bam Baklava's Avatar
Is that 750k batmobile looking car worth it? I was thinking of just getting a Turismo R for 500.
computers putin'
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:02 PM)
very disappointed to see catchup is still on by default for races. Looks like I'll just stick mainly to free roam again.
Crackbone
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:15 PM)
Crackbone's Avatar
Looking for a ps4 crew invite.

GT - Crackbone
Social Club - Knekkenben
The Albatross
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:18 PM)
The Albatross's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fenzer

So how's the city life in online ? I mean is there as many random events, bitches, random gangsters on the street as offline ?

No, there is basically nothing in the online mode. There are no random pedestrian events, no random gangsters, if I remember correctly even if you go into zones that are normally antagonistic like the Lost hangout or the cult in the hills, then they are either not hostile or there's nobody there. You still can't go into Fort Zancudo or the Prison, you'll get attacked by police.

There were things like random crate drops of loot, random spawning armored cars, and random "Hijack this car," and th whole lobby would get to do them, but if my memory serves correctly, you need to be a certain rank for those to appear (like rank 15, or 20 or something) and if anybody in the lobby is below that rank, then they just wouldn't appear. I used to get the "JHijack this car" notification, but never once saw a crate or armored car.

But otherwise, it was like a barren empty world with nothing to do in it (in my opinion). Some people have a lo tof fun jumping into a tank and killing other players, but IMO, that gets old very quickly.
EroticSushi
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:23 PM)
EroticSushi's Avatar
Sent a request to Gaming Age Family.

Social: iTsSlayeR
Lukas Japonicus
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:23 PM)
Lukas Japonicus's Avatar
Damn, me and a friend just tried to complete a mission 3 times but failed each time because of how hard it was. I can't remember the name of it, but we had to take out 4 targets, and then another who was attempting to escape via boat. Damn those pin-point accurate enemy AI.

I can't seem to find a full lobby, though, or even a populated one. I think I may play Far Cry 4 and the SP for GTA while everything sorts itself out.

Originally Posted by The Albatross

No, there is basically nothing in the online mode. There are no random pedestrian events, no random gangsters, if I remember correctly even if you go into zones that are normally antagonistic like the Lost hangout or the cult in the hills, then they are either not hostile or there's nobody there. You still can't go into Fort Zancudo or the Prison, you'll get attacked by police.

There were things like random crate drops of loot, random spawning armored cars, and random "Hijack this car," and th whole lobby would get to do them, but if my memory serves correctly, you need to be a certain rank for those to appear (like rank 15, or 20 or something) and if anybody in the lobby is below that rank, then they just wouldn't appear. I used to get the "JHijack this car" notification, but never once saw a crate or armored car.

But otherwise, it was like a barren empty world with nothing to do in it (in my opinion). Some people have a lo tof fun jumping into a tank and killing other players, but IMO, that gets old very quickly.

It's totally different if you get a group of friends together. You can just keep completing jobs/races/deathmacthes over and over and have tons of fun. The lobby voting system helps keep the flow of missions steady too. I rarely ever just ride around aimlessly killing people online.
Last edited by Lukas Japonicus; 11-19-2014 at 09:25 PM.
| Praxis |
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:26 PM)
| Praxis |'s Avatar
Anybody else not receive the pre-order bonus money online?

I bought it from the playstation store, received the 500k single player bonus though.
Mature
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:26 PM)
Mature's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lukas Japonicus

Damn, me and a friend just tried to complete a mission 3 times but failed each time because of how hard it was. I can't remember the name of it, but we had to take out 4 targets, and then another who was attempting to escape via boat. Damn those pin-point accurate enemy AI.

I can't seem to find a full lobby, though, or even a populated one. I think I may play Far Cry 4 and the SP for GTA while everything sorts itself out.

Ah, yeah, that actually took me and a couple other guys a few tries to complete. We ended up killing three of them, then the person killing the last one would wait to do it until someone was waiting for the boat guy, then they would kill those two simultaneously so we wouldn't have to pursue by boat or anything.

Originally Posted by Lukas Japonicus

It's totally different if you get a group of friends together. You can just keep completing jobs/races/deathmacthes over and over and have tons of fun. The lobby voting system helps keep the flow of missions steady too. I rarely ever just ride around aimlessly killing people online.

Seconded. GTAO is meant for this.
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(11-19-2014, 09:27 PM)
NullPointer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lukas Japonicus

Damn, me and a friend just tried to complete a mission 3 times but failed each time because of how hard it was. I can't remember the name of it, but we had to take out 4 targets, and then another who was attempting to escape via boat. Damn those pin-point accurate enemy AI.

Yep. Looks like my adventures in GTAO will be as short-lived here as they were in the previous gen version.

I honestly hoped this new release would fix issues above and beyond the visuals and immersion. AI accuracy is a big one, and the fact that missions just seem balanced for large groups of players, leaving not much for solo or duos, which is my usual thing.
MisterMac
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:27 PM)

Originally Posted by The Albatross

Rockstar never said that.

They had said that they're still working on Heists and hoping to introduce them "soon," but there's never been a release date.

I don't see why heists are the big thing people want in GTA Online. A functioning matchmaking process should be a hell of a lot more important. As far as I know, there is still not a functioning party system or matchmaking system, still the same busted, broken "Lobby Invite" system that leaves hosts waiting for hours for their games to fill up, and the same system of transitioning every match to one of the 5 game modes that people grind on. There's supposedly hundreds of varied jobs in GTA Online, and when I was playing the mode, the only ones that you'd have any chance of playing in were "The Commute" -- a grinding race -- and "Bomb Da Base" -- a grinding job.

I'd also want the ability for a host to toggle between Auto Aim and Free Aim ... how that doesn't exist is beyond me. Free aim makes almost every competitive PvP match a thousand times better... I fail to find the fun in a team deathmatch mode when everybody has auto aim ... It turns into players just sitting still clicking Left Trigger every few seconds hoping to lock on to some guy hiding behind a bush. It also negates the value of vehicles in online, which is one of the biggest differences that GTA has with other games... When you're in a vehicle in GTAO against somebody on foot, there is a 100% chance that you are dead because the person on foot can auto-target onto you, and you cannot auto-target onto them, and the guns make cars, RVs, campers, trucks, and boats into swiss cheese.

Hoping to jump back in to see if anything has improved, but I doubt it.

Regarding Free-Aim, if you set your aiming preference in single player to "Free-Aim" you will only join free-aim lobbies/missions/deathmatches/whatever when you go online. Even if you go on call for a deathmatch it will only match you with people who are also on Free-Aim. Since day 1 on PS3 I have played exclusively with free-aim and never wound up in an Auto-Aim anything
The Albatross
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:30 PM)
The Albatross's Avatar

Originally Posted by MisterMac

Regarding Free-Aim, if you set your aiming preference in single player to "Free-Aim" you will only join free-aim lobbies/missions/deathmatches/whatever when you go online. Even if you go on call for a deathmatch it will only match you with people who are also on Free-Aim. Since day 1 on PS3 I have played exclusively with free-aim and never wound up in an Auto-Aim anything

Yeah, the issue here is that the Free Aim lobbies were usually pretty desolate, and doing any free aim game modes lead to pretty much empty rooms and waiting for ~45 minutes to get 1 person in your room, only to leave moments later.

I just want the ability for the host to toggle free/auto aim in the room. I don't see why that's not an option... Like, I don't care about free aim when it's PvE (I'd actually prefer some assistance in GTA O because of how OP all of the AI enemies are), but in PvP, I'd never want auto aim.
The Albatross
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:35 PM)
The Albatross's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lukas Japonicus

It's totally different if you get a group of friends together. You can just keep completing jobs/races/deathmacthes over and over and have tons of fun. The lobby voting system helps keep the flow of missions steady too. I rarely ever just ride around aimlessly killing people online.

Yeah, it is much improved with that, but still not great given that to do PvE jobs, you couldn't choose with missions you wanted to do, you had to call Simeon or someone else and say "I want a job!" and then see what job they give you. THey could either give you a great job that's a lot of fun ... Like the one trying to steal the jet off the beach and land it in the Sandy Shores airfield while your friends clear it out... Or they give you the job where you have to drive down to the docks for 10 minutes, shoot 5 guys, and drive away with the drugs. ANd more often than not, you'd end up having to do that one or one like it. I kind of understand how they don't want people to chose their own missions because you'd have a huge number of people who are only grinding and trying to max out their cash/XP, or whatever, but for someone like me and my friends... Where we have maybe a few hours to play a game on a Friday night or Saturday morning, we don't want to have to "get lucky" to get a fun mission... We might just want to play fun coop missions with friends, and in GTA Online you just can't do that.

I'd still just like a party system... One where I can have a party of 4 or 5 people, and we get matched up against 4 or 5 other people who want to play, say, a Cops and Crooks type mode, or then maybe a TDM mode, or a Base mode, etc. This is basically the most basic feature of online console gaming that console games have had since at least as long as Halo 2 (10 years ago), but GTA Online does not have. Maybe it has it now, but I haven't heard of them adding a basic matchmaking or party system to the game.

I think that a lot of my disappointment iwth GTA O was when I realized quickly that the previews that game websites had were all staged by Rockstar. They staged those missions to make them seem more organic... All of them talked about having a street race and then someone else came in, or the cops showed up, etc. Well, that never really happens in races. Or, they talked about the job called "Death From ABove" where two friends were picked up by a third in a helicoptor, brought to a building where they had to free jump off of it, parachute onto a house, kill a VIP and take a photo of him. Well ... in actuality, that mission doesn't really happen that way unless it's very meticulously staged to happen that way... You'd need a friend with a Chopper, all have parachutes, and then nevermind the fact that the enemy AI is so pinpoint perfect with their weapons that you'd all be dead if you tried to parachute down. I think the staged previews that Rockstar gave to journalists, versus how the modes actually played out, disappointed me to the game... Let alone all of their horrible choices along the way ($5,000 death penalty, locking everything behind a leveling system, reducing/eliminating payouts for missions, the reverse insurance system that never worked and penalized you if someone blew up your car, etc).
Last edited by The Albatross; 11-19-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Korezo
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:37 PM)
Korezo's Avatar
I got free 500k for transfering ps3 character, the bank of my phone said there was a error so 500k was credited to me. I havent input the free 500k that comes with the game so i should have 1mil. Has this happened to anyone else?
King Cobra
Banned
(11-19-2014, 09:38 PM)
King Cobra's Avatar
So I am facing a problem, I bought GTA V for the PS3 I played online and everything but I never registered to Rockstar social. I lost my copy of GTA V for the PS3 though, how will it know if I had it for the PS3 does it detect the achievements?
Mistel
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:40 PM)
Mistel's Avatar

Originally Posted by NullPointer

I honestly hoped this new release would fix issues above and beyond the visuals and immersion. AI accuracy is a big one, and the fact that missions just seem balanced for large groups of players, leaving not much for solo or duos, which is my usual thing.

That's one of the main issues that online has, mission tend to be more orientated for groups than that of a single player. It can make some missions much longer and a slog compared to being with more people.
MisterMac
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:42 PM)

Originally Posted by NullPointer

Yep. Looks like my adventures in GTAO will be as short-lived here as they were in the previous gen version.

I honestly hoped this new release would fix issues above and beyond the visuals and immersion. AI accuracy is a big one, and the fact that missions just seem balanced for large groups of players, leaving not much for solo or duos, which is my usual thing.

AI Accuracy really isn't that big a deal if you play slow and smart. With 10 body armors to refill your armor and a full complement of snacks for HP, if you fight safely behind cover you can solo any mission except ones that require holding off waves of enemies while hacking, and even most of those you can thin out the enemies enough to get it done. I've only ever played on hard and rarely do missions come to down losing because of the NPC accuracy.
keltickennedy
ah can't conversate
(11-19-2014, 09:42 PM)
keltickennedy's Avatar

Originally Posted by King Cobra

So I am facing a problem, I bought GTA V for the PS3 I played online and everything but I never registered to Rockstar social. I lost my copy of GTA V for the PS3 though, how will it know if I had it for the PS3 does it detect the achievements?

Should be fine since the only thing the game looks for is your social club account info. Go to the Social Club and log in. If you character from PS3 shows up on the stats page you should be good.

There has been transfer problems for players who only played back in 2013 or before the majority of updates were put out.

Originally Posted by MisterMac

AI Accuracy really isn't that big a deal if you play slow and smart. With 10 body armors to refill your armor and a full complement of snacks for HP, if you fight safely behind cover you can solo any mission except ones that require holding off waves of enemies while hacking, and even most of those you can thin out the enemies enough to get it done. I've only ever played on hard and rarely do missions come to down losing because of the NPC accuracy.

Yeah. When missions get tough it is best to go at a slower pace or have a plan set. Organized team where people take on specific roles work wonders too. For instance, getting owned in an area with heavy enemy placement you could have a sniper or two posted at vantage points helping take out enemies.
Last edited by keltickennedy; 11-19-2014 at 09:46 PM.
The Albatross
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:42 PM)
The Albatross's Avatar

Originally Posted by Korezo

I got free 500k for transfering ps3 character, the bank of my phone said there was a error so 500k was credited to me. I havent input the free 500k that comes with the game so i should have 1mil. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hmm. So, as a returning player from 360/Ps3, you get $500,000 for your GTAO characterr and your SP character.

Then, if you pre-ordered on PS4/X1, I believe you get an additional bonus, but you'll have to apply that pre-order bonus to unlock that.

If you haven't put in the code then I'm not sure what you're expecting?
King Cobra
Banned
(11-19-2014, 09:51 PM)
King Cobra's Avatar

Originally Posted by keltickennedy

Should be fine since the only thing the game looks for is your social club account info. Go to the Social Club and log in. If you character from PS3 shows up on the stats page you should be good.

There has been transfer problems for players who only played back in 2013 or before the majority of updates were put out.

I when I created my account nothing showed up all the stats were blank, but the only time I played online was about a week after they fixed the issues.
Flandy
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:52 PM)
Flandy's Avatar
Wish you could save loadouts. Hate having to switch to my preferred weapons everytime I boot the game up.

Average GTA Bike ride :P
Spoiler alert
we die
Darryl M R
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:52 PM)
Darryl M R's Avatar
R* support contacted me about a ticket I submitted. so apparently me not being able to sell my Vacca or Carb I got back in 2013 is a feature they put in the game. .so I will have to pick up cars on the street and fill up my garage and replace them instead of being able to make a small profit with them.

If PSN had a half off deal I would buy some to avoid all of this grinding crap.
Master Yoshi
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:52 PM)
Master Yoshi's Avatar
Has anyone had any luck getting into servers on Xbox One today?
Mature
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:52 PM)
Mature's Avatar

Originally Posted by Korezo

I got free 500k for transfering ps3 character, the bank of my phone said there was a error so 500k was credited to me. I havent input the free 500k that comes with the game so i should have 1mil. Has this happened to anyone else?

Sounds like you just got the stimulus money. It's separate from the 1mil you get from buying the game.
Lukas Japonicus
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:52 PM)
Lukas Japonicus's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Albatross

Yeah, it is much improved with that, but still not great given that to do PvE jobs, you couldn't choose with missions you wanted to do, you had to call Simeon or someone else and say "I want a job!" and then see what job they give you. THey could either give you a great job that's a lot of fun ... Like the one trying to steal the jet off the beach and land it in the Sandy Shores airfield while your friends clear it out... Or they give you the job where you have to drive down to the docks for 10 minutes, shoot 5 guys, and drive away with the drugs. ANd more often than not, you'd end up having to do that one or one like it. I kind of understand how they don't want people to chose their own missions because you'd have a huge number of people who are only grinding and trying to max out their cash/XP, or whatever, but for someone like me and my friends... Where we have maybe a few hours to play a game on a Friday night or Saturday morning, we don't want to have to "get lucky" to get a fun mission... We might just want to play fun coop missions with friends, and in GTA Online you just can't do that.
.

I hear you, but the chances of getting the good missions is greatly increased when you get all of your friends to call him at the same time, then just join the guy who gets a good mission. That's what me and my friends do. We rarely ever get the shit missions that way.
MisterMac
Member
(11-19-2014, 09:54 PM)

Originally Posted by The Albatross

Yeah, it is much improved with that, but still not great given that to do PvE jobs, you couldn't choose with missions you wanted to do, you had to call Simeon or someone else and say "I want a job!" and then see what job they give you. THey could either give you a great job that's a lot of fun ... Like the one trying to steal the jet off the beach and land it in the Sandy Shores airfield while your friends clear it out... Or they give you the job where you have to drive down to the docks for 10 minutes, shoot 5 guys, and drive away with the drugs. ANd more often than not, you'd end up having to do that one or one like it. I kind of understand how they don't want people to chose their own missions because you'd have a huge number of people who are only grinding and trying to max out their cash/XP, or whatever, but for someone like me and my friends... Where we have maybe a few hours to play a game on a Friday night or Saturday morning, we don't want to have to "get lucky" to get a fun mission... We might just want to play fun coop missions with friends, and in GTA Online you just can't do that.

You can pick what mission you want, you hit Options>Online>Jobs>Host Job and it lets you pick from every job in the game, from contact missions to PVP stuff, whatever you want is on that list. The caveat may be you need to have completed the job but I'm not sure. But I can verify, this is how my crew and I launch jobs 100% of the time, we never call for jobs anymore

I'd still just like a party system... One where I can have a party of 4 or 5 people, and we get matched up against 4 or 5 other people who want to play, say, a Cops and Crooks type mode, or then maybe a TDM mode, or a Base mode, etc. This is basically the most basic feature of online console gaming that console games have had since at least as long as Halo 2 (10 years ago), but GTA Online does not have. Maybe it has it now, but I haven't heard of them adding a basic matchmaking or party system to the game.

I agree the game needs a better party system, but the new On-Call system accomplishes this as well. If you have your friends in a lobby with you, you can choose "On Call with Friends" and it will put you and all your friends in session in queue for the same job, letting you play in free-roam while it fills up and then it pulls you all in together.

I think that a lot of my disappointment iwth GTA O was when I realized quickly that the previews that game websites had were all staged by Rockstar. They staged those missions to make them seem more organic... All of them talked about having a street race and then someone else came in, or the cops showed up, etc. Well, that never really happens in races. Or, they talked about the job called "Death From ABove" where two friends were picked up by a third in a helicoptor, brought to a building where they had to free jump off of it, parachute onto a house, kill a VIP and take a photo of him. Well ... in actuality, that mission doesn't really happen that way unless it's very meticulously staged to happen that way... You'd need a friend with a Chopper, all have parachutes, and then nevermind the fact that the enemy AI is so pinpoint perfect with their weapons that you'd all be dead if you tried to parachute down. I think the staged previews that Rockstar gave to journalists, versus how the modes actually played out, disappointed me to the game... Let alone all of their horrible choices along the way ($5,000 death penalty, locking everything behind a leveling system, reducing/eliminating payouts for missions, the reverse insurance system that never worked and penalized you if someone blew up your car, etc).

These are some valid issues, but to me that's the fun about GTA. You make it your own. When my friends and I play, we can make things as tactical or frantic as we like, We can skydive from high altitude and stealthily wipe out enemies or fight our way to the top. We've done every mission so many different ways, it's always a ton of fun. The stuff you mention at the end has all been fixed, missions pay better then ever, and even your complaint about parachutes, you all get one just from entering a chopper. As for wanted levels and car chases in races, it can and has happened to me, I was in a free mode lobby and challenged a friend to an impromptu race which by chance took us down a street with a tank rampaging on it. Yeah, it's down to random luck that that happens to you, but it can, and if you play, it will.

I'm not trying to sell you on the game, I have fun with it, my friends do, that's all that matters to me. Just trying to share some improvements that might take care of some issues ya had.
keltickennedy
ah can't conversate
(11-19-2014, 09:58 PM)
keltickennedy's Avatar

Originally Posted by King Cobra

I when I created my account nothing showed up all the stats were blank, but the only time I played online was about a week after they fixed the issues.

Welp....Sorry man. They might fix it but I wouldn't get your hopes up. What level was your character? At least you aren't losing a bunch of your stuff since I'm guessing you didn't play that much.

Originally Posted by DarrylMR

R* support contacted me about a ticket I submitted. so apparently me not being able to sell my Vacca or Carb I got back in 2013 is a feature they put in the game. .so I will have to pick up cars on the street and fill up my garage and replace them instead of being able to make a small profit with them.

If PSN had a half off deal I would buy some to avoid all of this grinding crap.

Unless they patched it. You cannot pickup high-end cars and store them in your garage.
Darryl M R
Member
(11-19-2014, 10:02 PM)
Darryl M R's Avatar

Originally Posted by keltickennedy

Welp....Sorry man. They might fix it but I wouldn't get your hopes up. What level was your character? At least you aren't losing a bunch of your stuff since I'm guessing you didn't play that much.



Unless they patched it. You cannot pickup high-end cars and store them in your garage.

I'm not talking about high-ends, more like cars that can net me about 9-18k when selling them. Just fill my garage with the to replace my high end cars and then sell all my cars throughout playing since it takes about 48 minutes to sell a single car.
King Cobra
Banned
(11-19-2014, 10:05 PM)
King Cobra's Avatar

Originally Posted by keltickennedy

Welp....Sorry man. They might fix it but I wouldn't get your hopes up. What level was your character? At least you aren't losing a bunch of your stuff since I'm guessing you didn't play that much.

that sucks, I wanted to get all the content that returning players were going to get.
Mistel
Member
(11-19-2014, 10:13 PM)
Mistel's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarrylMR

I'm not talking about high-ends, more like cars that can net me about 9-18k when selling them. Just fill my garage with the to replace my high end cars and then sell all my cars throughout playing since it takes about 48 minutes to sell a single car.

The highest amount of money you get from selling a stolen car in online is a softop gang tornado for $12575.
Prologue
Member
(11-19-2014, 10:31 PM)
Prologue's Avatar
PS4 lobbies still empty (free aim) for the most part. Normal launch issues or what?
LtOrange
Member
(11-19-2014, 10:32 PM)
LtOrange's Avatar
Takes forever to get online and I get disconnected when I finally get into a job. Has Rockstar said anything about fixes?
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(11-19-2014, 10:32 PM)
NullPointer's Avatar

Originally Posted by MisterMac

AI Accuracy really isn't that big a deal if you play slow and smart. With 10 body armors to refill your armor and a full complement of snacks for HP, if you fight safely behind cover you can solo any mission except ones that require holding off waves of enemies while hacking, and even most of those you can thin out the enemies enough to get it done. I've only ever played on hard and rarely do missions come to down losing because of the NPC accuracy.

Sure its alleviated when you've built up your character and have some gear, but when you first start you can't even get body armor (the first armor is locked until level 5) and you rock a basic pistol.

And even besides that AI accuracy is bullshit. Played a mission last night where we took out all of the tires on an enemy van (and he still moved faster than us but that's another issue) but when I rammed the van from the side I got wasted because I must have had a pixel exposed. Went from full health to dead in a heartbeat.

Enemy accuracy and low health encourages extremely slow firefights and no risk-taking until you get to the point where you can absorb a ton of damage (through personal armor and vehicle armor).
Rainer70
Junior Member
(11-19-2014, 10:37 PM)
Rainer70's Avatar
I'm not sure if this is a server issue or not, but I haven't been able to play concurrently with my brother. We use the same digital copy to save costs and Sony allows for 2 concurrent copies. This hasn't been an issue in Destiny, and we can both play GTA V at the same time, but once the second person tries to hope on GTA Online, that person can't connect.

I emailed Rockstar for support.
Wolfe
Member
(11-19-2014, 10:38 PM)
Wolfe's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarrylMR

I'm not talking about high-ends, more like cars that can net me about 9-18k when selling them. Just fill my garage with the to replace my high end cars and then sell all my cars throughout playing since it takes about 48 minutes to sell a single car.

Personal cars you're supposed to be able to sell whenever, the time limit is supposed to apply to cars you're selling off the street. Since trackers get placed on cars you store in your garage I assume that then makes them count for no time limit although there still may be bugs with the whole process.

Originally Posted by Stormtrooper

The highest amount of money you get from selling a stolen car in online is a softop gang tornado for $12575.

The gang peyote sells for 12,940 I believe.
Mistel
Member
(11-19-2014, 10:49 PM)
Mistel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wolfe

The gang peyote sells for 12,940 I believe.

The price dropped a while ago.
Baron Von Beans
Member
(11-19-2014, 11:30 PM)
Baron Von Beans's Avatar
Regarding cars to sell- I think you are better off learning the look of Oracles, Ballers, an Felons. Those are more common than gang cars. Oracles and Ballers har two variants, both worth same as the other. Oracles are 8, Ballers 9. A normal Felon is 9, but a Felon GTA (convertible and two door) is worth 9.5k. Still go for gang cars, but I've looked for 30 min before for a gang car, with no luck. Often the streets are filled Oracles, Ballers, and Felons.

Thread Tools