• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Hyun Sai
Member
(04-17-2017, 04:45 AM)
Hyun Sai's Avatar
Ok I have to go now guys, Good games. Strangely enough I see 3 bars with the 2 of you, but it's a bit rough sometimes.
SolarKnight
Member
(04-17-2017, 04:49 AM)
SolarKnight's Avatar
GGs, honestly all things considered it performed better than I expected.
SixMachine
Member
(04-17-2017, 05:02 AM)
SixMachine's Avatar
sorry for any hiccups.
SolarKnight
Member
(04-17-2017, 05:09 AM)
SolarKnight's Avatar
It was fine really. Even with the hiccups it was decently playable and I wouldn't say lag screwed me over at any time.

Anyways you guys can see why I said I need practice lol
Hyun Sai
Member
(04-17-2017, 05:14 AM)
Hyun Sai's Avatar

Originally Posted by SolarKnight

GGs, honestly all things considered it performed better than I expected.

If you want some practice against some characters, currently learning Robert, King,Yamazaki, Alice, also playing Terry, Bandeiras, Mai, Joe, Andy, Kim, Sie Kensou.
Dark_Tzitzimine
Member
(04-17-2017, 07:34 AM)
Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Originally Posted by stn

Another noob question: is KOD's QCF+P special safe on block? I'm liking the character, just want to know how far I can "spam" some of his specials, lol. Better yet, is there a site with all the frame data?

Here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1884142458
BudokaiMR2
Member
(04-17-2017, 10:57 AM)
BudokaiMR2's Avatar
I don't think there are that many, especially inside this thread but for KOF XIV fans inside Japan:

https://t.co/qO8afSuywj

Popular program about foreigners visiting/living in Japan is doing an episode about the WCS!

Trying to get home in time to actually catch the second half. I believe it just started...
BadWolf
Member
(04-17-2017, 02:44 PM)
BadWolf's Avatar
World Championship: Special Interview with the Top Four players

Sounds like Xiaohai really expected to win, some of his comments:

I've won every KOF XIV tournament I've entered so far, so I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't win the World Championship. It is a result not even I could predict.

What he says about M':

That would be M'. It's like he is my doppelganger. The way in which he fights and thinks are the same as mine, so it felt as if I was fighting myself. I was surprised that he won, given that he has only battled in Japan so far.

In regards to M'
As I said before, he's like another version of me.

3 of the 4 have confirmed that they will be at Evo and gxbridget will try to be there budget/time permitting. Madkof also confirmed that he will be attending. Hopefully Reynald won't be a no show again. It's shaping up to be an all star showdown with the best from China, Japan, US, Korea and Taiwan already confirmed.

Originally Posted by BudokaiMR2

I don't think there are that many, especially inside this thread but for KOF XIV fans inside Japan:

https://t.co/qO8afSuywj

Popular program about foreigners visiting/living in Japan is doing an episode about the WCS!

Trying to get home in time to actually catch the second half. I believe it just started...

Whoa that's pretty cool, how was it?
Last edited by BadWolf; 04-17-2017 at 02:47 PM.
BadWolf
Member
(04-17-2017, 06:14 PM)
BadWolf's Avatar
Via reddit, character composition at NCR top 8:

3 Vices
3 Nakorurus
2 Benimarus
2 Kyos
2 Kulas
2 Ioris
2 Kensous
2 Roberts
1 Vanessa
1 Rock
1 Mai
1 Geese
1 Ryo
1 Shun'ei
1 Choi
1 Leona
1 Ralf
1 Terry
1 Mian
1 Luong

At Hypespotting:

3 Verses
2 King of Dinosaurs
2 Kukris
2 Ioris
2 Kims
2 Shun'eis
1 Love
1 Mai
1 Antonov
1 Nelson
1 Geese
1 Xanadu
1 Yamazaki
1 Robert
1 Ryo
1 Yuri
1 K'
1 Clark

So 20 unique characters used during NCR's top 8 and 18 at Hypespotting's.
Hyun Sai
Member
(04-17-2017, 06:18 PM)
Hyun Sai's Avatar
Out of a maximum of 24 characters for 8 players. Impressive, but let's see how it pans out few months from this patch to see if it stays that way.

I don't see yet a character like Leona was in previous version, but surprises could happen.
Slaythe
Member
(04-17-2017, 06:21 PM)
Slaythe's Avatar

Originally Posted by BadWolf


At Hypespotting:

Not a single Kyo....

Menitta
Member
(04-17-2017, 07:05 PM)
Menitta's Avatar
Whip is confusing. Her standing HP doesn't seem to link into anything except a Max mode cancel.

Everything I'm doing seems to be unsafe. Am I missing something?
Last edited by Menitta; 04-17-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Spuck-uk
Member
(04-17-2017, 08:36 PM)
Spuck-uk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Slaythe

Not a single Kyo....

There was a Kyo in top 16 though
Sayad
Member
(04-17-2017, 08:51 PM)
Sayad's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hyun Sai

Out of a maximum of 24 characters for 8 players. Impressive, but let's see how it pans out few months from this patch to see if it stays that way.

I don't see yet a character like Leona was in previous version, but surprises could happen.

Maximum isn't 24, some players played more than one team in those top 8.
BadWolf
Member
(04-17-2017, 09:28 PM)
BadWolf's Avatar
Since we've been discussing some SamSho I've been checking out artwork for the series and man there are so many amazing (non-Shinkiro) works there.

The artists really experimented with styles, lines, color etc. There are even dry brush pieces and gestural water color drawings. Beautiful stuff.

Originally Posted by Menitta

Whip is confusing. Her standing HP doesn't seem to link into anything except a Max mode cancel.

Everything I'm doing seems to be unsafe. Am I missing something?

You should be confirming from her light kicks. Check out GXBridget on YT (a Taiwanese player) to see how he kicks ass with her.
Hyun Sai
Member
(04-17-2017, 09:52 PM)
Hyun Sai's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sayad

Maximum isn't 24, some players played more than one team in those top 8.

Yeah, only if they played the same team, I should have mentioned.
Fersis
It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
(04-17-2017, 09:53 PM)
Fersis's Avatar

Originally Posted by BadWolf

Via reddit, character composition at NCR top 8:



At Hypespotting:



So 20 unique characters used during NCR's top 8 and 18 at Hypespotting's.

Buff Rock pls
Hyun Sai
Member
(04-18-2017, 12:28 AM)
Hyun Sai's Avatar
OMG just got destroyed by Laban in a room. Too bad we don't have a very good connexion, it's always a good experience.
BudokaiMR2
Member
(04-18-2017, 01:42 AM)
BudokaiMR2's Avatar

Originally Posted by BadWolf



Whoa that's pretty cool, how was it?

Eh, it was okay but you will find more interesting tidbits in our interviews.
I kind of got my hopes up because considering the theme of the show I thought they would go all-in on an event like the WCS with so many people from different countries attending.

Basically, they just ambush foreigners at the airport and follow them around on their trip. This usually just ends up being some visitor doing normal touristy stuff so I find it boring and rarely watch the shows.

This time that person just happened to be KaneBlueRiver. They did film at the WCS itself and I kind of assumed they would interview other players, but in the end they only directly interviewed KaneBlueRiver and his friend who was there to cheer him on. I kinda felt bad watching it because he was knocked out basically immediately.

I also have a pet peeve about how often Japanese tv focuses on people sitting around eating. I was hoping that they would pick some more interesting scenes but of course they have two separate scenes of just KaneBlueRiver eating Japanese food during what is already an incredibly short segment!

It was still interesting to see what his routine was like in the days up to the event. I just can't help but feel like it could have been a lot more interesting if the producers weren't so formulaic!

I can probably find some sort of youtube link later, although they usually crop it or put some watermark over it to try and keep from getting hit by a strike on their channel.
Last edited by BudokaiMR2; 04-18-2017 at 04:25 AM.
Hyun Sai
Member
(04-18-2017, 02:17 AM)
Hyun Sai's Avatar
Thanks for the session, Badwolf, sorry, couldn't land the max modes combos like at all tonight, too many execution problems, and no match up experience against many of your characters lol.

I'll try to do better next time ^^
BadWolf
Member
(04-18-2017, 02:31 AM)
BadWolf's Avatar

Originally Posted by BudokaiMR2

Eh, it was okay but you will find more interesting tidbits in our interviews.
I kind of got my hopes up because considering the theme of the show I thought they would go all-in on an event like the WCS with so many people from different countries attending.

Basically, they just ambush foreigners at the airport and follow them around on their trip. This usually just ends up being some visitor doing normal touristy stuff so I find it boring and rarely watch the shows.

This time that person just happened to be Reynald. They did film at the WCS itself and I kind of assumed they would interview other players, but in the end they only directly interviewed Reynald and his friend who was there to cheer him on. I kinda felt bad watching it because he was knocked out basically immediately.

I also have a pet peeve about how often Japanese tv focuses on people sitting around eating. I was hoping that they would pick some more interesting scenes but of course they have two separate scenes of just Reynald eating Japanese food during what is already an incredibly short segment!

It was still interesting to see what his routine was like in the days up to the event. I just can't help but feel like it could have been a lot more interesting if the producers weren't so formulaic!

I can probably find some sort of youtube link later, although they usually crop it or put some watermark over it to try and keep from getting hit by a strike on their channel.

Err... are you sure it was Reynald? He was the only player that couldn't make it to WCS, he wasn't able to make the flight due to issues with his paperwork.

Thanks for the summary man, some exposure is better than non I guess. And I agree that they should have focused more on the event itself, you would think they would at least single out the Xiaohai vs. M' match which was extremely hype and very anticipated.

Oh and your interviews? Link?

Originally Posted by Hyun Sai

Thanks for the session, Badwolf, sorry, couldn't land the max modes combos like at all tonight, too many execution problems, and no match up experience against many of your characters lol.

I'll try to do better next time ^^

Great matches man, thanks for playing me. Love your Robert/Bandeiras/Mai, great use of normals and mix ups. And yeah it looks like you need to get used to the new quick max timing, you seemed to be activating with the way it was pre-2.0.
BudokaiMR2
Member
(04-18-2017, 04:24 AM)
BudokaiMR2's Avatar

Originally Posted by BadWolf

Err... are you sure it was Reynald? He was the only player that couldn't make it to WCS, he wasn't able to make the flight due to issues with his paperwork.

Thanks for the summary man, some exposure is better than non I guess. And I agree that they should have focused more on the event itself, you would think they would at least single out the Xiaohai vs. M' match which was extremely hype and very anticipated.

Oh and your interviews? Link?

Ah yeah I am idiot. It was KaneBlueRiver. Dunno why I typed Reynald. Probably because of the mix-up at the end with him not being able to attend.

I was referring to the interviews SNK did which you posted above. I didn't actually have anything to do with them, though.

Here is a link to the segment btw: https://youtu.be/AzlVZCOsQLY?t=37m24s

Can't believe I wrote 'our'....that was basically a Freudian slip....was trying to keep my position low-key....
Last edited by BudokaiMR2; 04-18-2017 at 04:26 AM.
BadWolf
Member
(04-18-2017, 04:46 AM)
BadWolf's Avatar

Originally Posted by BudokaiMR2

Ah yeah I am idiot. It was KaneBlueRiver. Dunno why I typed Reynald. Probably because of the mix-up at the end with him not being able to attend.

I was referring to the interviews SNK did which you posted above. I didn't actually have anything to do with them, though.

Here is a link to the segment btw: https://youtu.be/AzlVZCOsQLY?t=37m24s

Can't believe I wrote 'our'....that was basically a Freudian slip....was trying to keep my position low-key....

Ah that makes sense, and thanks for the link. Will check it out.

So you umm... work for SNK?
BudokaiMR2
Member
(04-18-2017, 04:50 AM)
BudokaiMR2's Avatar

Originally Posted by BadWolf

Ah that makes sense, and thanks for the link. Will check it out.

So you umm... work for SNK?

Yeah, it's actually in my profile. Only been here about 6 months now.
Not trying to hide it or anything but was hoping to keep any interactions on here as those of a fan like the old days. ;)

Dammit, now it feels like I am humble bragging which is exactly what I wanted to avoid! >.>
BadWolf
Member
(04-18-2017, 05:02 AM)
BadWolf's Avatar

Originally Posted by BudokaiMR2

Yeah, it's actually in my profile. Only been here about 6 months now.
Not trying to hide it or anything but was hoping to keep any interactions on here as those of a fan like the old days. ;)

Dammit, now it feels like I am humble bragging which is exactly what I wanted to avoid! >.>

Damn, that's really cool.

I'm really fighting the urge here to ask you for something juicy lol but I know how annoying it can be so let's leave that be.

Will continue to interact with you as with a fellow fan :)
Last edited by BadWolf; 04-18-2017 at 05:07 AM.
SAB CA
Sketchbook Picasso
(04-18-2017, 05:08 AM)
SAB CA's Avatar
Very nice statues by-the-way, BadWolf! I just have... artbooks... and my brother got some Kyo Action Figure or something a few years back... wait, I have a Yuri one too, lol. Could use a few nice statues myself!

And BudokhaiMR2, nice video link there. Haven't watched it all yet, but it's always good to see something like that presented to the "casual" crowd...

And... congrats!? If you ever wanna leak some info... ;-)

Originally Posted by Karsticles

Has anyone done a video series for 2.0 changes in-game? I saw one for Kukri and it made me want to see more.

Via Dreamcancel and Setsuna_MX: http://dreamcancel.com/2017/04/17/ko...south-america/
Dark_Tzitzimine
Member
(04-18-2017, 05:27 AM)
Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar
Huge infographic made by a mexican fan

https://www.edocr.com/v/gavzpqw7/kof...a-universo-kof

It has every character to have shown in the series and their stats.
Rhapsody
Member
(04-18-2017, 06:01 AM)
Rhapsody's Avatar

Originally Posted by BudokaiMR2

Yeah, it's actually in my profile. Only been here about 6 months now.
Not trying to hide it or anything but was hoping to keep any interactions on here as those of a fan like the old days. ;)

Dammit, now it feels like I am humble bragging which is exactly what I wanted to avoid! >.>

*Checks everyone's profile now*
Loona
Member
(04-18-2017, 10:29 AM)
Loona's Avatar

Originally Posted by BudokaiMR2

Yeah, it's actually in my profile. Only been here about 6 months now.
Not trying to hide it or anything but was hoping to keep any interactions on here as those of a fan like the old days. ;)

Neat. Not expecting or asking for any leaks (there's some charm in surprises and everyone finding about things at once), although I wonder about possible feedback avenues, like how lacking the English tends to be on the Metal Slug Attack side of things - then again, that's SNK's Division 2 IIRC, and I have no idea how much the divisions communicate, or how many people there have the skills and/or time to tackle that.
BudokaiMR2
Member
(04-18-2017, 12:06 PM)
BudokaiMR2's Avatar
Yeah, the mobile games are all handled by Division 2 so I don't have much to do with MSA or other projects.

I will probably be checking and posting here for feedback on any titles I work on going forward, though that is still a ways off. ;)
Mr. X
Member
(04-18-2017, 02:16 PM)
Mr. X's Avatar
Bets for 2nd wave of dlc?

Seth
Blue Mary
Holy Order Sol
Member
(04-18-2017, 02:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Mr. X

Bets for 2nd wave of dlc?

Seth
Blue Mary

Seth would be amazing assuming they don't remove/dumb things down

Blue Mary is unlikely to be ever again packed with shit like her EX 98FE version so eh
regular KOF Mary is whatever tbh
Slaythe
Member
(04-18-2017, 02:34 PM)
Slaythe's Avatar
Blue Mary is literally the "Rock" of the second wave.

Everybody wants her.

It's time.



Insta buy her.
stn
Member
(04-18-2017, 06:16 PM)
stn's Avatar
Love - Terry - Geese

Makes sense in terms of team positioning? I feel comfortable using Terry and Love, still learning Geese. I was dabbling with some other characters but decided to settle on this while I become at least decent at the game. Then, I might continue using KOD, Athena, and Rock.
ScraftyDevil
Member
(04-18-2017, 10:52 PM)
ScraftyDevil's Avatar
I know they're dead and all, but if they could finagle some way to get the New Faces Team into the game (maybe they could get away with it now that Verse's defeat apparently reset the timeline?) I'd be ecstatic. Chris, Yashiro and Shermie are all fun as heck to play and I'd love to see them get shiny redesigns for the 3D era.
CommandThrower
Member
(04-18-2017, 11:00 PM)
CommandThrower's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. X

Bets for 2nd wave of dlc?

Seth
Blue Mary


My guess is:


Blue Mary
Shermie
Raiden
Shingo
Loona
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:03 AM)
Loona's Avatar

Originally Posted by CommandThrower

My guess is:


Blue Mary
Shermie
Raiden
Shingo

Someone like Heidern, May Lee, Takuma or Adel might rank a bit higher than Raiden...
Beckx
Member
(04-19-2017, 02:10 AM)
Beckx's Avatar
My guess:

Ash
Elizabeth (please!)
Chris
Duo-lon

obvs I would be down with Loona's May Lee suggestion!
CommandThrower
Member
(04-19-2017, 02:11 AM)
CommandThrower's Avatar

Originally Posted by Loona

Someone like Heidern, May Lee, Takuma or Adel might rank a bit higher than Raiden...

I don't deny that, but I say Raiden just because of the big body factor. He's also has a very *distinct* look, in comparison to a lot of other characters. He's very big, colorful and bombastic. Like how Whip was kind of a dark horse addition to the game as DLC, I think Raiden has the same chance.


If we do get Shingo returning, the second male slot I can see going to either Raiden/Mr. Karate(not Takuma)/Shen Woo/Adelheid.
ScraftyDevil
Member
(04-19-2017, 02:16 AM)
ScraftyDevil's Avatar
I wouldn't mind Kasumi making a return either; she was really fun to play in 2k2UM and this game could definitely use a few more dedicated battery characters imo.
SolarKnight
Member
(04-19-2017, 02:34 AM)
SolarKnight's Avatar

Originally Posted by CommandThrower

If we do get Shingo returning, the second male slot I can see going to either Raiden/Mr. Karate(not Takuma)/Shen Woo/Adelheid.

Adelheid really needs to come back. It's such a shame that he wasn't in XIII despite being involved with the plot. Hell he would've made a perfect sub-boss right before Saiki.
GrayFoxPL
Member
(04-19-2017, 04:54 AM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar

Originally Posted by SixMachine

i think i played against you at release. it might be my housemate playing dota or something. i have 1 bar with you and 3 bar with solar. I'm in TX btw.

the psn test connection is giving me a fifth of the speed i normally have.

Wait, we played Texas - Poland with pretty much no lag? How is that possible?

Thanks again for the fights btw.
Seraphis Cain
bad gameplay lol
(04-19-2017, 06:21 AM)
Seraphis Cain's Avatar
Heidern's been playable in too few KOF games relative to how important he is in the overall story. Would love to see him in XIV eventually.
SixMachine
Member
(04-19-2017, 07:15 AM)
SixMachine's Avatar

Originally Posted by GrayFoxPL

Wait, we played Texas - Poland with pretty much no lag? How is that possible?

Thanks again for the fights btw.

On the occasion my cousin isn't playing doto or watching Netflix, my connection tends to be decent haha.

GGs, if anyone ever wants to play just post here or try to hit me up. Win or lose, I will play anyone. Though usually send a message ahead of time, since sometimes my work makes me do late hours.

Heidern is awesome as hell. I mained him in 98UM. His neck roller is hilarious, it's funny watching SF5 Cammy's upcoming air throw, because I can imagine the effort to not make that thing look bad in 3D.
Last edited by SixMachine; 04-19-2017 at 07:21 AM.
Amedo310
Member
(04-19-2017, 12:58 PM)
Amedo310's Avatar
I'm adding Sylvie to my 2nd team for now. The lvl 2 qcf(X2)+P damage is too good to pass up atm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've played KOF for so long, but now I finally realized that it's impossible to do an empty jump low normal doing a safe-jump set-up. Normal Grab beats them every time.
Last edited by Amedo310; 04-20-2017 at 03:03 AM.
thesolidshark
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:34 PM)
thesolidshark's Avatar
GGs yesterday Badwolf. Had no idea that was you; props to your annoyingly effective Kukri. Definitely will need a rematch, as well as making more time for training and maybe edging out more wins in the future.
BadWolf
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:48 PM)
BadWolf's Avatar

Originally Posted by SAB CA

Very nice statues by-the-way, BadWolf! I just have... artbooks... and my brother got some Kyo Action Figure or something a few years back... wait, I have a Yuri one too, lol. Could use a few nice statues myself!

Thx, looks like you're more loaded with stuff than me lol, nice. Here's hoping they release some new artbooks and statues soon. At least we have that new Neo Geo book to look forward to.

Originally Posted by Amedo310


I've played KOF for so long, but now I finally realized that it's impossible to do an empty jump low normal doing a safe-jump set-up. Normal Grab beats them every time.

Maybe you could try spacing your jump so the low hits but the character isn't close enough to get thrown?

Originally Posted by thesolidshark

GGs yesterday Badwolf. Had no idea that was you; props to your annoyingly effective Kukri. Definitely will need a rematch, as well as making more time for training and maybe edging out more wins in the future.

GGs man, really fun matches. I really liked how well you were adjusting your approach, there were a few openings I was exploiting in the beginning but you shut those out of your play style real quick. Very cool.

Are you still in Japan? Our connection was pretty solid. Felt like night and day compared to when we tried playing XIII a few years back.
thesolidshark
Member
(04-22-2017, 04:03 AM)
thesolidshark's Avatar

Originally Posted by BadWolf

GGs man, really fun matches. I really liked how well you were adjusting your approach, there were a few openings I was exploiting in the beginning but you shut those out of your play style real quick. Very cool.

Are you still in Japan? Our connection was pretty solid. Felt like night and day compared to when we tried playing XIII a few years back.

Had to adjust, the way you dominated most of the screen so well. Nice to face someone who makes you do that.

I'm back in the US Midwest now, so that might be why the connection feels better, but I'd hope it wouldn't make much difference.
Mr. X
Member
(04-22-2017, 05:30 AM)
Mr. X's Avatar
Ralf Jones I wish you were better :( maybe a crLK stHP link or command throw.

Thread Tools