Developer: Lab Zero Games
Genre: 2D Fighter
Platforms: PS4/Vita Digital Release (Crossbuy support for these two platforms)/PC
Price: $24.99/$19.99 pre-order price for PS+ members
Release Date: 07/07/2015 for PS4 in NA. EU release date not yet confirmed.
File Size: 1.9GB
- Skullgirls Encore 1.05/2nd Encore 1.00 Patch Notes.
- Arc System Works will be publishing Skullgirls 2nd Encore in Japan.
- Vita version releasing April 5th + Lobby Patch News
- 2nd Encore Content coming to Steam as DLC on 4/13
- Lobby Patch Notes
Skullgirls is a 2D variable team size Fighter by Lab Zero Games that was released on PS3/360/PC. The game plays similarly to VS style fighters such as Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and features hand drawn animation, character designs by Alex Ahad, a variable tag battle system letting you choose one to three characters, custom team assists, GGPO netcode for online play, music by Michiru Yamane and Vincent Diamante, story mode, a good tutorial to help you get into the game and more.
2nd Encore is the ultimate edition of the game for PS4/Vita which includes:
- Crossbuy support (PS4/Vita)
- All previous DLC characters (Squigly, Big Band, Fukua, Eliza, Beowulf, Robo-Fortune)
- Fully voiced story modes
- New Challenge and Trial modes
- PS3/Vita/PS4 online crossplay
- PS3 fightstick support
- A full platinum trophy set, including new achievements
Characters added since the original release:
These characters were all made due to the success of the Indiegogo campaign that Lab Zero did a while back. They're all included in this release of the game.
Meet Big Band!
Eliza Takes the Stage!
Beowulf Enters the Ring!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What about Europe?
- What About Multiplayer Lobbies?
- When Will the PS Vita Version Release?
Multiplayer Lobbies will be coming to the PS4, Vita and PS3 versions of Skullgirls! However, the PS4 and PS Vita versions will not launch with Lobbies.
The PS3, PS4 and PS Vita releases of Skullgirls are cross-play compatible, but we didn’t have time to work lobbies into those releases. Rather than leave the PS4 version only half cross-play compatible, we chose to delay lobbies and launch them simultaneously on all three platforms.
- Will 2nd Encore be released on Steam?
Skullgirls 2nd Encore will be arriving on PS Vita after the initial PS4 release. We’re aiming to have it out around 6 weeks after the PS4 launch, but that may change.
The Vita version is up and running, but needs further optimization and multiplayer testing before we’d feel comfortable releasing it.
- How do I use my PS3 Stick?
We're looking into releasing it as DLC.
I think it's very likely to happen, I just can't confirm until some deals are signed, etc. The PC version has two publishers and they need to work out terms, etc.
- What about Robo Fortune and the other platforms?
Boot up the game using a DS4, then plug in your PS3 stick then either turn off or leave your DS4 there. Check the FAQ here as well.
She's coming out alongside this release on the other platforms as well. Like the other characters she'll be free for the first three months of release. There's also gonna be an update with some other stuff for the other platforms. Check the bottom of this PS blog post.
- Art Gallery: A massive gallery featuring concept, production and guest art!
- CPU Quickmatch: Pick your AI opponents and fight them for a quick Skullgirls fix!
- New Alternate Voice Packs: For Peacock, Parasoul, Painwheel, Big Band, and Double!
- New Alternate Announcer Voice Packs: Female Announcer and “Dazed” Announcer!
- New Taunts: Every character old and new has taunts now!
- New Tutorials: Covering gameplay systems that have been updated since the original release!
This stuff is gonna be in 2nd encore as well.
Skullgirls Top 8 at Combo Breaker 2015
Skullgirls Top 8 at Northwest Majors 7
Skullgirls Top 8 at EVO 2015
Skullgirls Top 16/ Top 8 at Combo Breaker 2016
Skullgirls 2nd Encore on UltraChenTV
- Mike Z, UltraDavid and James Chen talk about 2nd Encore and go through the game's systems and characters. It's fairly lengthy, but there's some good info in there.
Skullheart Forums - Official forums of the game. If you're looking for character specific info, gameplay strats, setups, combos and such you should check it out.
Beginner Resource Thread on Skullheart
Previous |OT| by SolarPowered