• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

nOoblet16
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:39 PM)
nOoblet16's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kaako

No since it's a custom CPU. Each core is handcrafted by principal AMD engineers.

If you handcraft a bicycle with the most immaculate engineering it's still a bicycle and cannot outrun a car.
Ploid 3.0
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:39 PM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar

Originally Posted by stargateheaven

i don't get the joke.

Maybe it's the fact they are using checkerboard instead of native like scorpio would (I don't know what they are using I'm just assuming). So the fact he say it has power could be thought of as a joke since it's not native or as powerful as scorpio?

I would checkerboard everything on PC if I could and had a 4k monitor with a 1070 or something. I could use more power for something else, more effects, better framerate, etc. You darn lucky console players, checkerboard looks nice from what I see (Horizon).
Kaako
Felium Defensor
(05-19-2017, 05:39 PM)
Kaako's Avatar
You feeling OK, JareBear? My first cease and desist PM! Haha



Ease up homies, I'm just pulling your legs. But them handcrafted cores though, you just don't know!
RichiRamjag
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:40 PM)
RichiRamjag's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

Why are you laughing?

To be obnoxious.
blankempathy
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:41 PM)

Originally Posted by BleedOrange

This is one of the dumbest things I've heard in relation to the PS4 Pro. As is a higher resolution wasn't an inherent advantage as well. I'm 100% sure they're just trying to combat the narrative surrounding the CPU power.

higher frame rate > resolution when it comes to competitive gaming in my opinion. Can't beat that feeling of higher response rates.
Tecnniqe
Would die a thousand deaths just for one gun
(05-19-2017, 05:42 PM)
Tecnniqe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kaako

My first cease and desist PM!

Deku Tree
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:42 PM)
Deku Tree's Avatar
I think even though it's a CPU limit, if the CPU was stronger they would have added more graphics and stayed at 30fps.

Maybe with the PS4/X1 bottleneck though they could have gotten 60fps on Pro/Scorpio with the same effects if the Pro/Scorpio had a faster processor.
Kaako
Felium Defensor
(05-19-2017, 05:42 PM)
Kaako's Avatar

Originally Posted by nOoblet16

If you handcraft a bicycle with the most immaculate engineering it's still a bicycle and cannot outrun a car.

It sure fucking would if I put rocket boosters on it! ;)
nOoblet16
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:43 PM)
nOoblet16's Avatar

Originally Posted by Complicated

What in the fuck am I reading? More enemies on screen? More advanced AI? I must have played a different version of Destiny because my experience was a huge downgrade on both those accounts from Bungie and 343 Halo games.

You are reading facts which you can confirm yourself.
Go load up a warzone match and count how many enemies you see at once in one group (not the entire map). I can guarantee you it is not even 20+ which you can have in Destiny.

And you say "huge downgrade" what's this based on? More tales from ass? Care to elucidate on this huge downgrade ?
Last edited by nOoblet16; 05-19-2017 at 05:47 PM.
mephixto
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:43 PM)
mephixto's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kaako

No since it's a custom CPU. Each core is handcrafted by principal AMD engineers.

Xando
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:44 PM)
Xando's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kaako

You feeling OK, JareBear? My first cease and desist PM! Haha



Ease up homies, I'm just pulling your legs. But them handcrafted cores though, you just don't know!

Lmao
Stormhammer
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:44 PM)
Stormhammer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rapier

Yeah, right... Because no other FPS out there makes use of physics simulation or destructible environments (Frostbite engine says Hi again).

It's real easy to stroke their dicks on an soft ass interview about how awesome their game is.

Halo 5 is 60fps on a Bone.

You have no excuse, Bungle.

battlefield 4, battlefield one and battlefront all have pretty unstable framerates in multiplayer though. battlefield 4 and one felt pretty jittery to me when i play online on my one s. while they may hit 60, they'll never actually stay there for any meaningful amount of time so why does that even matter.

i thoroughly enjoyed halo 5's multiplayer. thanks to that digital foundry video on you really get to see that halo 5 does a lot of things to make sure that 60fps remains. perhaps destiny 1s pvp being perfectly playable at 30fps (to me) leaves bungie to feel as though 30fps is still completely viable for their second game, and they don't need to make those adjustments (imo)


but yes, lazy devs no excuses just make it uglier its ez pz
Dinky Dino
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:45 PM)
Dinky Dino's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kaako

You feeling OK, JareBear? My first cease and desist PM! Haha



Ease up homies, I'm just pulling your legs. But them handcrafted cores though, you just don't know!

Not very honorable. He pm'd you for a reason. At least have the decency to keep it private.
Jonboy
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:45 PM)
Jonboy's Avatar
This may not be the thread for it, but has there been any word on HDR for Destiny 2?
chubigans
y'all should be ashamed
(05-19-2017, 05:45 PM)
chubigans's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kaako

You feeling OK, JareBear? My first cease and desist PM! Haha



Ease up homies, I'm just pulling your legs. But them handcrafted cores though, you just don't know!

haha nice XD
C.Olimar788
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:45 PM)
C.Olimar788's Avatar
Pretty standard "we'd rather make our game look prettier in screenshots than make it run better".
Ploid 3.0
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:46 PM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar

Originally Posted by RootCause

Bring on the Zen equipped consoles. :P

Next gen is going to be something else man. Back to the octo cores (used octo instead of many because I'm remembering the PS3 commercial with the black octopus) of PS3 Cell. Ahead of it's time?

I really wish I waited a few months to build my new pc. Went i5 Kaby and missed out on Ryzen. I screwed up.

Ryzen + vega apu for next gen? Oh baby!
Last edited by Ploid 3.0; 05-19-2017 at 05:49 PM.
CrayToes
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:46 PM)
CrayToes's Avatar
I honestly don't know why anyone ever expected 60. D1 played amazingly well at 30 and Destiny is hardly the most competitive game on earth. I have absolutely no idea how their engine works so I wouldn't like to assume that they "easily could've gotten it to 60fps with those visuals".
BleedOrange
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:46 PM)
BleedOrange's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyne

it's already been stated that it's 30FPS across all consoles.

give it up people.

if you gave Scorpio 60FPS you'd have to separate the player-base from the OG Xbox One players who play on 30FPS.

you really think they are going to do that?

Why do people think this?

Originally Posted by blankempathy

higher frame rate > resolution when it comes to competitive gaming in my opinion. Can't beat that feeling of higher response rates.

Yeah I mean I agree, for sure. But when people talk about these things they usually say stuff like "Uhh they don't want one playerbase having an advantage" as if they completely forgot that one playerbase ALREADY has a visual acuity advantage based on resolution differences. Thats the ENTIRE POINT of these mid-gen refresh consoles, is that they give advantages over the OG consoles.

Take, for example, a game like PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS. Its somewhere in between a MilSim and Arcade style shooter, leaning more towards the MilSim side of the spectrum. As such, higher draw distances and resolutions are much more likely to provide meaningful advantages than FPS differences. Being able to visually resolve that guy proning in the tall grass 15m away is literally the difference between winning and losing in that game.

If Sony's argument is that they don't want to provide one playerbase with an advantage then when PUBG comes to consoles they should either force the PS4 Pro to render at 1080p or seperate the playerbases.

Or they could just do the sane thing and stop mandating anything, & leave it up to the developer.

I'm going to be extremely, extremely sad if this perpetual generation we find ourselves in now is held back forever because of the crummy CPUs in the XB1/Scorpio and PS4/Pro
Last edited by BleedOrange; 05-19-2017 at 05:55 PM.
nynt9
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:46 PM)
nynt9's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kaako

You feeling OK, JareBear? My first cease and desist PM! Haha



Ease up homies, I'm just pulling your legs. But them handcrafted cores though, you just don't know!

Bragging about how you shitposted is a good look

----------------

I don't know why anyone expected 60 to begin with.
Spoo
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:47 PM)
Spoo's Avatar

Originally Posted by nOoblet16

Yes the can absolutely do Crucible at 60FPS because none of these constraints exist in PvP. But they didn't maybe cause they felt they didn't want a disparity (they don't even want disparity in weapons and abilities). Now that is a developer decision through and through and not technical and we can discuss on whether that decision was right or not. I personally feel it was not and PvP should have been 60FPS. I was never expecting PvE to be 60, but I am a bit disappointed eventhough I'm not surprised that PvP is the same.

Btw they also have this hybrid networking thing going on in PvP where they are constantly changing hosts every minute or so. I don't know how much stress that has on the CPU.

Agreed. And I mean, I know that even without those elements in the PvP it's not a straight shot to 60 fps; more work and testing is required to ensure those things work properly (look at the amount of trouble the DS devs dealt with when tying their animation to framerate, for example!), but I'd still much rather hear from the devs on why 60 fps wasn't a target for PvP than PvE which I think they made a fine case for.

That said, I realize the question wasn't posed as "Why is the PvP not 60", which would explain why the one-size-fits-all answer is not appropriate.

I mean, we both clearly love Destiny and want it to be the best game possible, so in no way am I launching in to a critique of it with regards to this because I'm a D2-is-D1.5 troll or whatever.
Asd202
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:47 PM)
Asd202's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alienous

If it doesn't achieve 60fps on PS4 Pro I wonder if Sony will flex any muscle to keep that the same on Scorpio.

IMO It will be the same beacuse of original Xbone. Also Scorpios CPU isn't that much better than PS4 Pro.
thumb
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:47 PM)
thumb's Avatar
Warframe runs at 60FPS on PS4, includes four player squads, lots of networking, physics, etc
Reckless Onion
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:47 PM)
Reckless Onion's Avatar
I wonder how bf1 does it with those graphics.
Ferr986
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:48 PM)
Ferr986's Avatar

Originally Posted by KainXVIII

Same for Scorpio, i guess

I find this weird, considering Dark Souls 3 runs at 30 fps (with drops) on PS4 and around 50 fps on Pro, and that gave has a heavy PvP community.
KiefbladeMaster
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:48 PM)
KiefbladeMaster's Avatar
Hoping there's downsampling for 1080 users, don't mind 30 FPS as that's what the first played at. At least they get it locked.
Jaguar Victory
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:49 PM)
Jaguar Victory's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jonboy

This may not be the thread for it, but has there been any word on HDR for Destiny 2?

I haven't ran across anything yet
wolgoen
Junior Member
(05-19-2017, 05:49 PM)
So other games can do 60fps.

Bungie can't.

Game sounds promising.
Nabbis
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:49 PM)
Nabbis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dinky Dino

Not very honorable. He pm'd you for a reason. At least have the decency to keep it private.

There's no honor among Gaffers.
Ploid 3.0
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:50 PM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar

Originally Posted by thumb

Warframe runs at 60FPS on PS4, includes four player squads, lots of networking, physics, etc

Warframe beats Destiny again! When is Warframe 2, or did they update it enough for it to be considered 2 or 3 by now?

Originally Posted by Nabbis

There's no honor among Gaffers.

I was going to mention a post made by the PM bandit but he's already being mistreated. He had the decency to take it to PM and this is how he's done? I recognized the avatar, the post I'm thinking about isn't bad or anything, it just rubbed me the wrong way a bit in a particular thread. I'm sure he meant well.
Last edited by Ploid 3.0; 05-19-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Hux1ey
Banned
(05-19-2017, 05:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Dinky Dino

Not very honorable. He pm'd you for a reason. At least have the decency to keep it private.

While I agree with this in general, his PM was trash and he deserves some stick for it.
Yautja_Warrior
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:51 PM)
Yautja_Warrior's Avatar

Originally Posted by Reckless Onion

I wonder how bf1 does it with those graphics.

That game engine is designed to run at 60fps. It was a design choice by Bungie to run at 30fps on console with their game engine, if they toned down all the effects / resolution it would probably run at 60fps too.
anothertech
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:51 PM)
anothertech's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kaako


Not if each core is custom handcrafted by principal AMD engineers. There will be no CPU issue with the Scorpio.

LOL

And uncompressed pixels. Don't forget those!

I laughed hard :)
Hux1ey
Banned
(05-19-2017, 05:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Reckless Onion

I wonder how bf1 does it with those graphics.

Completely different engines. Frostbite is a beast.
gamz
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:53 PM)
gamz's Avatar
Lame. Hopefully MS meets with them and gets the ball rolling.
LukasTaves
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:53 PM)
LukasTaves's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kayant

Inb4 Scorpio is "Custom" X86 so problem.

Expect those verisons had things scaled down i.e in PS3's case things like shadows took a big hit.

But shadows being scaled down have no impact on the cpu.
EvB
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:55 PM)
EvB's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hux1ey

Completely different engines. Frostbite is a beast.

Mass Effect FTW
thumb
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:55 PM)
thumb's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ploid 3.0

Warframe beats Destiny again! When is Warframe 2, or did they update it enough for it to be considered 2 or 3 by now.

Pretty much on Warframe 3 at this point. Also plenty of graphics improvements and new levels.
veloxStrix
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:55 PM)
veloxStrix's Avatar

Originally Posted by wolgoen

So other games can do 60fps.

Bungie can't.

Game sounds promising.

Weird how Sony would care more about what games that makes massive amounts of money do than what others do.

Originally Posted by thumb

Warframe runs at 60FPS on PS4, includes four player squads, lots of networking, physics, etc

Yeah, but it has to be add the "enjoyable to play" feature before I consider coming back to it.
Tagyhag
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:56 PM)
Tagyhag's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

what about this upcoming "new" ps4 everyones whispering about loloolol

Also WTF at least give us the option to run at 60FPS at 1080p

Not everyone wants or needs 4k

If it's heavily CPU dependent, the resolution doesn't matter.
Complicated
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:57 PM)
Complicated's Avatar

Originally Posted by nOoblet16

You are reading facts which you can confirm yourself.
Go load up a warzone match and count how many enemies you see at once in one group (not the entire map). I can guarantee you it is not 30-40 which is what you can have in Destiny.

And you say "huge downgrade" what's this based on? More tales from ass? Care to elucidate on this huge downgrade ?

Static bullet-sponge enemies that wander toward you is good AI? Not sure why you're only counting one group of enemies in warzone. One group in Destiny is like 5. That doesn't make much sense. Halo 5 regularly has a dozen friendly Spartans, a dozen enemy Spartans, and a dozen AI in the same location with other AI scattered about. All in a multiplayer match running on a dedicated server.
ornery
Junior Member
(05-19-2017, 05:58 PM)
ornery's Avatar

Originally Posted by Deadly Cyclone

Lot of backseat game devs in here.

Honestly, why even post this?

Anyway, as much as I want to complain about 30FPS on console, I braced myself early on. Cant cry over spilled milk.

It'll still get bought on day 0.

Fingers crossed they tweaked the tick rate, though.
OnionPowder
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:59 PM)
OnionPowder's Avatar
Honestly, Destiny 1 on XB1 and PS4 had incredible input latency for being 30FPS. Destiny 2 should be similar.

If you want 60FPS then buy the game on PC. On a console it's a design choice, and Bungie has always or almost always designed to strictly 30FPS. IIRC even Halo 1 on PC has 30FPS animations.
StewboaT_
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:59 PM)
StewboaT_'s Avatar
To anyone complaining about 30 fps, it's time to buy a gaming pc. That's what I did, so you should too :p
Hux1ey
Banned
(05-19-2017, 06:00 PM)

Originally Posted by EvB

Mass Effect FTW

*is a beast in the right hands.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(05-19-2017, 06:00 PM)
RoboPlato's Avatar
I figured if it was 30 again it would be due to the CPU

Oh well, maybe Destiny 3 on PS5
Spoo
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:00 PM)
Spoo's Avatar

Originally Posted by ornery

Honestly, why even post this?

Because it is easier than engaging in the details. I mean, I have strong opinions, but you know, I just found common ground with nooblet discussing these things, and now we're actually on the same page and it's great.

Or I could have just written a shit post, I guess.
ZeoVGM
formerly omg rite
(05-19-2017, 06:00 PM)
ZeoVGM's Avatar
Makes sense. It was strange that people ever expected it for a game like Destiny.
RobRivers
Junior Member
(05-19-2017, 06:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Mass Appeal

Yah that's a ridiculous statement. I have halo 5 and imo Destiny 1 looks better. Destiny 2 looks A LOT better then Halo 5.


Edit: halo 5 multi might be 60fps but most of the maps look like ass plus there is so much more going on in destiny pvp. I just can't take anyone seriously when they say Halo 5 looks good.

As player of both games i dont think that destiny 1 looks better overall but i think it looks sharper and cleaner.
NeoMetallix
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:02 PM)
NeoMetallix's Avatar

Originally Posted by diaspora

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Keep fighting the good fight.

Thread Tools